Harvard and Maine

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Harvard and Maine

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 am

I bought a ticket for Maine, what is the best routes to the Alfond ?
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: Harvard and Maine

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:04 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:I bought a ticket for Maine, what is the best routes to the Alfond ?

Practice.

In all seriousness, isn't Orono right on 95?
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:32 pm

OK I mapquested it and the one for the Carrier Dome. Hopefully they'll end up in BC wins.

Harvard fans are looking at the Wednesday matchup like the NCAAs for them so we better be ready for both games after 2 close games with UMass. The only good thing is that Doherty gets to play with Santini out.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:02 pm

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:The only good thing is that Doherty gets to play with Santini out.

I wouldn't say that's a good thing. I'd rather have both Santini and Doherty in there.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:I bought a ticket for Maine, what is the best routes to the Alfond ?

Practice.

In all seriousness, isn't Orono right on 95?

Straight up I95
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:45 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:The only good thing is that Doherty gets to play with Santini out.

I wouldn't say that's a good thing. I'd rather have both Santini and Doherty in there.

No one disagrees with that but for some reason Linell is there on the blue line instead of Doherty. But since Santini is suspended he has to play Doherty anyway. In fact, I rather see Linell pushed to forward and while Jeke and Doherty play D until Santini is back as he brings more of a physical presence and size than Linell. Linell is just a disaster waiting to happen IMO.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:57 am

Agreed 110%

I'd rather see Jeke back there than Linell, especially with Santini out. Need that physical presence. Whenever someone takes liberties with Gaudreau after the whistle, Santini is always the first to step in, something this team sorely missed last year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:55 pm

Nice win, here's the recap:

3rd period turned ugly, Gaudreau got drilled from behind along the boards. Arnold got tossed for sticking up for him, typical BS reffing of matching calls

How long is Donato going to be allowed to ruin that program?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:40 am

Hey the longer he stays the better for us to dominate the local scene, just like the longer Parker stayed at BU, the better for BC. Players will continue to flock to BC as oppose to BU, NU or HU.

The problem is when York steps down, who can replace him and continue the excellence of the hockey program. You don't want another disaster like when Cedorchuk took over for Ceglarski in the 1990s.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:05 pm

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2013/11 ... hael-ayers

Article on the improvement in Billet. He's been very impressive these past couple of weeks. Also hints that Demko might be healthy enough to take the start on Saturday. Not sure I'd rush him back.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:31 am

Demko is doubtful for Saturday. No issue holding him back till he's 100% healthy.

The game is on one of the Fox Sports, 262 on Comcast in Boston.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:13 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:Hey the longer he stays the better for us to dominate the local scene, just like the longer Parker stayed at BU, the better for BC. Players will continue to flock to BC as oppose to BU, NU or HU.

The problem is when York steps down, who can replace him and continue the excellence of the hockey program. You don't want another disaster like when Cedorchuk took over for Ceglarski in the 1990s.

weve got 7 years bare minimum before we have to worry about that.

lets enjoy the golden age
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:58 am

What happened last night? Maine is awful
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:What happened last night? Maine is awful

I didnt hear everything but sounded like Billet was giving up some bad rebounds from the radio feed.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Maine was ready for BC and BC wasn't ready to play a good Maine team. Defense and goalie let Maine go up quickly 2-0 and that was the game in the 1st period. That kind of set the tone and like the Minnesota game. BC was never close in coming back in the game.

Everyone played a bad game before a psyched crowd and team. BC continues to play poor team D against good teams and penalties continue to haunt them. The PP needs to be fixed as they continue to do the same things without success.

Long drive there and back. Will do the same for the football team when they play Syracuse at the Carrier Dome.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Losing back to back to Maine and Holy Cross? What on Earth is going on here
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 pm

For most of tonight, this team thought it could just show up, without actually having to play defense or even skate hard. They started to really try in the 3rd, but it was too late.

It's still early, and this team is still young, so no need to panic, but I'm guessing Jerry is giving them an earful... too many ugly performances this year, especially with all the talent they have. Also have to figure out the PP.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Maybe this will stop the charade of linell playing D?

Him and Macleod together is comical
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:34 pm

Agreed. Would like to see someone else get minutes ahead of Macleod, too.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:38 pm

While in town for the holidays, I was (unfortunately) present for this game on Friday.

I thought the team played hard for the first 10 min of the game and created several opportunities, but didn't score.
Then they stopped skating and were outworked on both ends of the ice for the next 30 min.
On top of HC outskating BC to the tune of a 5-1 deficit, we also played horrible positional hockey.
There were several instances of our offensive forecheck resulting in 3 guys below the faceoff dots. HC just had to chip it by the forecheck and they were out of the defensive zone with ease.

When they woke up for the last 10 min of the game, it was obvious how talented this team is when they put forth the effort. Johnny almost saved the game several times in the final minute, but the HC goalie came up big. I trust Coach Champion will get them firing on all cylinders by February as he always does, but this should really be a wake up call. HC was 3-9 in Atlantic Hockey coming into this game.

While several of the early goals were not Demko's fault (defense not clearing rebounds and/or letting HC forwards walk right out in front of the net from the corner), I felt the game started to spiral out of control on a couple of soft goals and I was surprised York left him in the game. I would have to assume if the opponent wasn't HC, York would have pulled him.
:thehjs , but Linell at D is just hard to watch at times. It is almost like they want him to be a Torey Krug like player on offense (fine put him on the PP), but he doesn't have the instincts of a D1 defenseman. The 4th or 5th goal was a direct result of him playing with a forward mentality and not properly positioning himself between the puck and the net while along the boards in a neutral zone scrum. Puck squirts behind him and odd man rush with a puck in the back of the net.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Return to Kelley Rink