2014 Frozen Four

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2014 Frozen Four

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:52 am

The Frozen Four is in Philadelphia this season. I have the chance to buy club box seats for all three games for $343 apice. Anyone know whether this is a good deal? My sense is that it is not and I should wait to see whether BC makes it and then I can buy two seats on stubhub. I have never been to the Frozen Four, and to be honest, I probably would not go if BC doesn't make it - I'd just try to sell the tickets on stubhub or something. Does anyone have experience buying or selling tix for this event? Are many availabe for the games on the ticket web sites close to the event? How much have you had to spend to buy tickets at the last minute (I know this will vary depending on the location and the teams that make it; but I'm just looking for a ballpark)?

I guess my question really is: what is the best (and most cost-effective) way to but tix to the Frozen Four for someone who will only go if their team makes the tournament? Thanks.
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Re: 2014 Frozen Four

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:09 am

i bet pedro doesn't go because he's not a real fan
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 am

Bryn Mawr Eagle {l Wrote}:The Frozen Four is in Philadelphia this season. I have the chance to buy club box seats for all three games for $343 apice. Anyone know whether this is a good deal? My sense is that it is not and I should wait to see whether BC makes it and then I can buy two seats on stubhub. I have never been to the Frozen Four, and to be honest, I probably would not go if BC doesn't make it - I'd just try to sell the tickets on stubhub or something. Does anyone have experience buying or selling tix for this event? Are many availabe for the games on the ticket web sites close to the event? How much have you had to spend to buy tickets at the last minute (I know this will vary depending on the location and the teams that make it; but I'm just looking for a ballpark)?

I guess my question really is: what is the best (and most cost-effective) way to but tix to the Frozen Four for someone who will only go if their team makes the tournament? Thanks.

Based on what you said, your gut is right. Generally it's the same audience that buys tickets every year for the priority points. Some go every year, some pick & choose but want to maintain their spot.

Between the group that buys every year, the sponsors that get tickets, & the teams' allocations there usually aren't many tickets that become available to the general public. But there are a lot of people that try to sell their tickets once their team gets eliminated.

I'd hold off.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:43 pm

All depends who the 4 teams are. I'd wait though
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:18 am

I bought tickets to just the final on the day of/before the game in '10 and '12, paid well under $100 both times (Detroit could've been dicey if Michigan or MSU had made it, but luckily they didn't). There aren't really any local teams in Philly (unless PSU somehow makes it) so you're probably OK holding off, which is what I plan to do. A realistic "perfect storm" in terms of ticket demand would probably be something like BC, Michigan, and any two of UNH/BU/Maine/MSU/Notre Dame (those schools don't travel as well as NorDak/Minnesota/Wisconsin, but have more Philly- and NYC-area alums and other than ND are within driving distance).
PhillyandBCEagles
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 pm

PhillyandBCEagles {l Wrote}:I bought tickets to just the final on the day of/before the game in '10 and '12, paid well under $100 both times (Detroit could've been dicey if Michigan or MSU had made it, but luckily they didn't). There aren't really any local teams in Philly (unless PSU somehow makes it) so you're probably OK holding off, which is what I plan to do. A realistic "perfect storm" in terms of ticket demand would probably be something like BC, Michigan, and any two of UNH/BU/Maine/MSU/Notre Dame (those schools don't travel as well as NorDak/Minnesota/Wisconsin, but have more Philly- and NYC-area alums and other than ND are within driving distance).

East Lansing is not driving distance to Philly, its 10 hours. Orono is a solid 9 hour drive... I think you are Ali-ass for my boy Shaddix.

The geography police has ruled
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Announced the future sites:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:11 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Announced the future sites:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

all but 16, yes. what is their obsession with tampa?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:17 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

gary demanded it
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:04 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

I've only heard good things about Tampa hosing the Frozen Four. I may try to make it down that year.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:54 pm

AdamBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

I've only heard good things about Tampa hosing the Frozen Four. I may try to make it down that year.

I feel like all the people griping about Tampa's frozen four selection were not actually there in 2012. While I will admit the end result ensured great memories, I was having a spectacular time before the puck dropped in beatdown of the gophers.

You fly down from the shit weather in the northeast and go hang out on the beach for a long weekend. It is also just really impressive how well the Tampa Sports commission does promoting the event around town. It is the main event of the weekend and all of the local businesses do an amazing job of supporting it.

Also Cigar City is in Tampa :cheers
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:06 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:

Gary is in Tampa, too.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby shockdoct on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:23 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:

Gary is in Tampa, too.

I didn't voice my displeasure with Gary during my trip to the Frozen Four.
During the prior visit in Tampa for the ACC championship, Gary and EO/EI were still on good terms and there was no need to speak with him on my visits.

There is also Bern's over in hyde park... :tophat
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:During the prior visit in Tampa for the ACC championship, Gary and EO/EI were still on good terms and there was no need to speak with him on my visits.

I am fairly certain that I have been in the Mons contemporaneously with Justin and not known it
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:57 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:During the prior visit in Tampa for the ACC championship, Gary and EO/EI were still on good terms and there was no need to speak with him on my visits.

I am fairly certain that I have been in the Mons contemporaneously with Justin and not known it

which one of you was the dancer :chewbanka
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:04 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

which one of you was the dancer :chewbanka

My recollection was that she was an aggressive redhead with a name like Tiffany
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:37 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

I feel like all the people griping about Tampa's frozen four selection were not actually there in 2012. While I will admit the end result ensured great memories, I was having a spectacular time before the puck dropped in beatdown of the gophers.

You fly down from the shit weather in the northeast and go hang out on the beach for a long weekend. It is also just really impressive how well the Tampa Sports commission does promoting the event around town. It is the main event of the weekend and all of the local businesses do an amazing job of supporting it.

This

Everyone who went raved about Tampa
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:40 pm

by the by, the ybor city that craig finn lauded in many of his songs no longer exists. the current incarnation is scary and not fun

:oldman
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:33 am

The Forum is right by Channelside. It's like a block from Gallagher's where I had dinner and the Bennigans where I got drunk and rooted for Buffalo in the MAC championship, before getting in a cab with random BC fans, stopping for dip and heading to Dale Mabry Blvd.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:
AdamBC {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

This

Everyone who went raved about Tampa

OK - I'm willing to admit that this is one of those rare times where I am incorrect. I always thought it was more of an Jaguars-Titans game in Beijing type deal.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 pm

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

I've heard in the past that Boston has been passed over because of issues with BU hosting. Gentleman's agreement was BC would host any NCAA mens' hoops, BU hosting hockey. From the sound of it, Hockey East is hosting next year, without BU's assistance.
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:31 am

BostonCollege1 {l Wrote}:

2015 Boston
16 Tampa
17 Chicago
18 St. Paul

Awesome choices IMO

I've heard in the past that Boston has been passed over because of issues with BU hosting. Gentleman's agreement was BC would host any NCAA mens' hoops, BU hosting hockey. From the sound of it, Hockey East is hosting next year, without BU's assistance.

Not surprised they're looking to minimize B-U-tanga's touch on the post season,, what an idiot.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Return to Kelley Rink