NCAA Tourney

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NCAA Tourney

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:01 pm

Selection show on ESPNU at 9

Replay of BC/Ferris St on before as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: NCAA Tourney

Postby AdamBC on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Wow, great regional for us.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:24 pm

Saturday night v Union at 9 on ESPNU in Providence

couldn't have asked for anything better
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:22 pm

Awesome news from York:

We’re going to make a few adjustments—we’re going to put Danny Linell back up on the right side with Billy Arnold and move Destry Straight from that position to center the fourth line, our checking line, with Silk on the right side and Cam Spiro on the right side. And basically play five defensemen now that Patch is ready to play. We’ll make those minor adjustments as the week goes on.”

Also sounds like the plan is he'll be coaching this weekend:

Personally, head coach Jerry York was happy about being placed in the Providence bracket given his current injury status. Having had surgery on his detached retina last Monday, York can’t fly for a number of weeks. A drive to Toledo or Grand Rapids would have been taxing, but now he’ll get to just take an easy bus ride down to Providence.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby hansen on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:31 pm

Last time I checked in, the hockey team was dealing with numerous injuries. How will the team be health wise come Saturday?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:07 am

What do you think about buying tickets?

Buy through BC ticket office?

Or go down to the Dunkin Doughnut Center and buy the tickets you want?

If you buy through BC, can pick the section or seats you want?

WOW ..... have to admit, BC really lucked out in the regionals. With their problems with injuries and weaknesses, they have a good chance to get to Pittsburgh if they can beat Union and QC. All fine on paper, but they have to win on the ice.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:07 am

The region is great. The times suck
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:08 am

Agreed, as someone said its like BC hit the lottery

One of the main reasons we're staying east is because our fans travel well (ironic cobsidering the bowls, etc) and they had only presold 2k tickets to providence but the times once again are going to absolutely kill the chance of a very good crowd

Hansen, as for injuries the team is about as healthy as its going to be at this stage outside of Hayes who had 4 surgeries regarding a blood clot in his thigh. There are some players who are dinged up but nothing so serious as to miss this weekend
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:21 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Agreed, as someone said its like BC hit the lottery

One of the main reasons we're staying east is because our fans travel well (ironic cobsidering the bowls, etc) and they had only presold 2k tickets to providence but the times once again are going to absolutely kill the chance of a very good crowd

Hansen, as for injuries the team is about as healthy as its going to be at this stage outside of Hayes who had 4 surgeries regarding a blood clot in his thigh. There are some players who are dinged up but nothing so serious as to miss this weekend

The times are a joke. 6:30 pm Sunday of Easter Weekend?
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:15 am

BC ticket office is still deciding what will be the BC fan sections. You have to buy the 2-day package around $75. If you buy at the Dunkin Doughnuts Center you can buy single day event but they charge you $45. Most lower level seats are gone. And all seats seem to be the same price.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:23 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The turnaround is an even bigger joke. Win a 9pm game (or later depending on the first game) and you have to drop the puck again under 20 hours from the buzzer sounding? Who thought that was a good idea for anyone?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:37 am

i bet swofford negotiated with espn for those times
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:16 am

There were similar bitches about last year in WorcestVegas
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:48 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There were similar bitches about last year in WorcestVegas

If you play them at normal times I'd go to both. As it's currently being played, Ill probably go to zero.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:59 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

The turnaround is an even bigger joke. Win a 9pm game (or later depending on the first game) and you have to drop the puck again under 20 hours from the buzzer sounding? Who thought that was a good idea for anyone?

I agree with the turnaround point. Just looking at the times from a fan's perspective, I don't think 9pm on a Saturday and 6:30pm on a Sunday are that bad. Duke tipped off after 9pm last night on a Sunday. But it's a little bit different if you're playing. I'm hopeful they can get by Union without much struggle, not a given, I know.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:33 am

easter sunday is a little different than palm sunday
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:35 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:There were similar bitches about last year in WorcestVegas

Correct

Espn had the brilliant idea to have the northeast regional at 9 on Sunday and the west regional at 5 on Sunday
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:36 am

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with the turnaround point. Just looking at the times from a fan's perspective, I don't think 9pm on a Saturday and 6:30pm on a Sunday are that bad. Duke tipped off after 9pm last night on a Sunday. But it's a little bit different if you're playing. I'm hopeful they can get by Union without much struggle, not a given, I know.

If you have to work on Monday, 6:30 pm in Providence sucks. You're going to be getting to Boston at 10:30 at the earliest
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:58 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:easter sunday is a little different than palm sunday

Do people still celebrate Easter? If so, do they celebrate before or after conducting their local witch trials?
Last edited by MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:25 pm

York has been cleared by the doctors to coach this weekeend
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:08 pm

6:30 PM sounds good to me. Last year it was 8:00 or 9:00 PM in Worcester with hardly anyone there.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:15 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:6:30 PM sounds good to me. Last year it was 8:00 or 9:00 PM in Worcester with hardly anyone there.

Crowd wasn't that bad. I was there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:35 am

Agreed, especially for a 9:00 on a Sunday game
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:6:30 PM sounds good to me. Last year it was 8:00 or 9:00 PM in Worcester with hardly anyone there.

Crowd wasn't that bad. I was there.

I guess it depends on where you were sitting. I was in the balcony with some BC students and you could sit anywhere and later we moved down to the lower bowl seats in the 3rd period.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:52 pm

@unionhockeynews: Rick Bennett: "We don't want to go there and count Jerry York's rings."

Well then
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Pretty hilarious, well done salzano14

Edit & another:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:@unionhockeynews: Rick Bennett: "We don't want to go there and count Jerry York's rings."

Well then

sounds like rex ryan
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:49 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

630 pm start on easter sunday in a game 45 min away from boston (and an event that takes longer) is far worse than a 9 pm sunday basketball game on campus.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:45 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

630 pm start on easter sunday in a game 45 min away from boston (and an event that takes longer) is far worse than a 9 pm sunday basketball game on campus.

I don't follow your comment. I'm talking about Duke's game against Creighton played at the Wells Fargo Center last Sunday night.

Would I prefer the games to be at 2 pm on Saturday and 2 pm on Sunday? Sure, but I'll be there regardless. I hope a lot of BC fans show up. These NCAA tourney games are fun and Providence is much better than Worcester.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Getting rid of Minnesota is fantastic
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink