Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 9:41 am

flyingelvii wrote: Smith as well but he's not as good a player as either of those two so I imagine they're inflating his numbers more so than he is theirs.


To be clear, you are using Corsi (for non hockey nerds like me, net shots while on the ice) to illustrate skill, but are then differentiating skill levels between players on the same line. I assume it is not Corsi you are using in that analysis (as they are, generally, all on the the ice at the same time for the same shifts). Please enlighten me as to how how come to the conclusion that Bergeron is helping Marchand's numbers and the two are inflating Smith's numbers. I'd agree on Bergeron helping all three - my stat for that is called "eyes".
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 10:00 am

That's just my opinion (Bergeron > Marchand > Smith). Actually reading my points before spewing out diarrhea could be useful as I have actually addressed many of your questions.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:02 am

flyingelvii wrote:That's just my opinion (Bergeron > Marchand > Smith). Actually reading my points before spewing out diarrhea could be useful as I have actually addressed many of your questions.


And my opinion is that Marchard sucks and is scottie pippen-ing Bergeron for inflated stats. Prove that's not true with Corsi.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:03 am

P&S, being a pretentious d-bag, or "Easterbrooking," as it may be, just makes your incorrect application of statistics sound more defensive.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 10:19 am

i thought he was discussing offensive stats? this is all very confusing
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 10:22 am

I'm sure there's some way I could but I'm far too lazy. Hockey is a symbiotic game where players rely on others and, while I can't prove Marchand is weighing Bergeron down, you have an equally difficult time proving the opposite outside of the eye test. But, hey, I trust the opinion of the guy that self-admitted in this thread that he doesn't really watch the NHL and has formed his opinions on a 10 game sample size. And solid job of trying to turn your position as the statement of truth that needs to be disproved.

And since you haven't noticed (I'm picking up on the lack of awareness as a trend) I really only respond as such to you because I think you're a dumbass who has too high of a view of your opinions. And it's mildly entertaining when you have no idea what you're talking about.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:34 am

you guys going to michael sam now or what?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 18890
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 3202

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 10:36 am

Eye test is all I ever attempted to rely on.

twballgame9 wrote:Image

Image

Image


And I don't watch pre/regular/whatever you wanted to call those wasted 82 nights of TV hockey. I watch the playoffs every year. Especially the Pens, so I can shit on my Penguins-fan brother.

Your false arrogance smacks less of superiority and more of defensiveness. Similar to you false and contradictory self-effacing attempts to pretend to be lazy on the heels of looking up something called "Corsi" to make a point.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 12, 2014 10:55 am

Could someone tell me what Bob Gainey's CORSI was? I have searched the Interwebs and the best I can find are a couple of hockey nerds reconstructing his CORSI from old game tape and determining it sucks and that ipso facto the stat is garbage. Can we find some measurable that actually has some validity?

And with respect to Gionta, I am amazed at how good a defensive forward he has become. He no longer has the explosive speed that he had at at the beginning of his career and the ability to disrupt by being a lot faster into the passing lanes than the opposition expected, but he has become an excellent positional defensive forward. He also uses his low center of gravity in the corners very well. They gave him the most prestigious "C" in professional sports for a reason and I suspect it has something to do with how much he sacrifices and has adapted for the team.
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3546
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 523

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 11:08 am

claver2010 wrote:you guys going to michael sam now or what?

i provided you with positive reinforcement because i am a big fan of the verb choice you used in your message

p&s - i do not manti teo you
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 11:09 am

No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 11:16 am

i think its fun when elvii owns tedwardo in situations such as this
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 am

flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:53 am

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:i think its fun when elvii owns tedwardo in situations such as this


I laughed.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:56 am

Oh, and Image

Never ceases to amuse watching Marchand add to his CORSI in this gif. Or is that not a CORSI since he missed? I get so confused because I don't know anything the NHL about how misses of wide open nets effect the CORSI.

I'm going to assume that this abortion of a play had no net effect on his CORSI because it wasn't a SOG
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 11:56 am

twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

Dick Rosenthal wrote:Could someone tell me what Bob Gainey's CORSI was? I have searched the Interwebs and the best I can find are a couple of hockey nerds reconstructing his CORSI from old game tape and determining it sucks and that ipso facto the stat is garbage. Can we find some measurable that actually has some validity?

And with respect to Gionta, I am amazed at how good a defensive forward he has become. He no longer has the explosive speed that he had at at the beginning of his career and the ability to disrupt by being a lot faster into the passing lanes than the opposition expected, but he has become an excellent positional defensive forward. He also uses his low center of gravity in the corners very well. They gave him the most prestigious "C" in professional sports for a reason and I suspect it has something to do with how much he sacrifices and has adapted for the team.

It's really only gained steam the last few years so probably not. And it's certainly not the end all, be all stat, just a quick and dirty look when you haven't been able to watch a player. The theory goes that the more shots you have, the more possession you probably have. The more possession, the better chance of winning since you can't score if you don't have the puck. There are certainly some discrepancies for some players, Seidenberg is one that jumps into my head, that pass the eye test but have shit Corsi's. They try to adjust for quality of competition so as not to punish guys that play a shutdown role and are matched against another team's best line but that's well over my head and I can't speak to it's overall effectiveness, though people that know more about math than me seem to deem it reasonable. Like most things, it's just one data point that can be used in the overall evaluation and certainly doesn't paint an entire picture but it's useful.

Agree on the Gionta points.

And to answer Teddy's question, it was a positive Corsi play as it measures shot attempts as a means to glean possession. Which he took to mean it is the perfect stat and if you have a higher Corsi you are the de facto better player.
Last edited by flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.



My side of the argument is that you used CORSI until you admitted it didn't really work for the purpose you were using it, at which point you used "your opinion" which is all I have been using from the beginning. Socrates is laughing.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 12:01 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.



My side of the argument is that you used CORSI until you admitted it didn't really work for the purpose you were using it, at which point you used "your opinion" which is all I have been using from the beginning. Socrates is laughing.

If you could point out the piece where I admitted it didn't really work for the purpose I was using it, that would be greatly appreciated. It's limited but not worthless. Critical thinking Teddy, critical thinking. Lose the argument, move the goal posts. Great lawyering right here.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:07 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.



My side of the argument is that you used CORSI until you admitted it didn't really work for the purpose you were using it, at which point you used "your opinion" which is all I have been using from the beginning. Socrates is laughing.

If you could point out the piece where I admitted it didn't really work for the purpose I was using it, that would be greatly appreciated. It's limited but not worthless. Critical thinking Teddy, critical thinking. Lose the argument, move the goal posts. Great lawyering right here.


This post says nothing.

How do you use CORSI to differentiate between the relative skill levels of line mates? Could you also explain why any stat that includes missing a wide open net as a net positive measurable is indicative of skill level?

I'm sure the answer has something to so with my failed debating skills, the fact that I am an idiot, that the NHL and numbers are too hard for me, Downs, goal posts, or some other such self-important and non sequitur nonsense. Or that the stat is "limited but not worthless," without any explanation of how it applies.

I'll wait. I'm not as bored at work.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 12:40 pm

tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 12:42 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...


Your commentary is the best thing about this thread. I'm picturing a drunk Larry Merchant.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...


Your commentary is the best thing about this thread. I'm picturing a drunk Larry Merchant.

it would explain how he missed the wide open net :shrug
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon May 12, 2014 12:55 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...


Your commentary is the best thing about this thread. I'm picturing a drunk Larry Merchant.


If campion were 50 years younger, he'd kick easterbrook's ass.
hello
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 15003
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2920

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Mon May 12, 2014 1:15 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...


Your commentary is the best thing about this thread. I'm picturing a drunk Larry Merchant.


If campion were 50 years younger, he'd kick easterbrook's ass.

no he wouldn't
congratulations to hansen... gayest poster for the 10th year in a row
User avatar
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy
 
Posts: 20781
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 am
Location: tobaccoroad
Karma: 5774

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 1:30 pm

twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.



My side of the argument is that you used CORSI until you admitted it didn't really work for the purpose you were using it, at which point you used "your opinion" which is all I have been using from the beginning. Socrates is laughing.

If you could point out the piece where I admitted it didn't really work for the purpose I was using it, that would be greatly appreciated. It's limited but not worthless. Critical thinking Teddy, critical thinking. Lose the argument, move the goal posts. Great lawyering right here.


This post says nothing.

How do you use CORSI to differentiate between the relative skill levels of line mates? Could you also explain why any stat that includes missing a wide open net as a net positive measurable is indicative of skill level?

I'm sure the answer has something to so with my failed debating skills, the fact that I am an idiot, that the NHL and numbers are too hard for me, Downs, goal posts, or some other such self-important and non sequitur nonsense. Or that the stat is "limited but not worthless," without any explanation of how it applies.

I'll wait. I'm not as bored at work.

It's an imperfect stat due to the fluidity of hockey. Good find lawyer man.

There are ways to measure the quality of teammates (see URLs below), which are basically offshoots of an individual's Corsi, so caveat again with the imperfections. One link is for the Boston Bruins. One link is for the Montreal Canadiens. They are sorted by quality of teammates relative to the team. I will let you open each link and do a ctrl + F for Marchand and then a ctrl + F for Gionta. Results are...not good for you. Fun little site to poke around though if you care to have a greater understanding of hockey outside of Felger and Mazz-esque hot sports takes.

http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual-team?team=bos&season=2013&sort=qoc_toi_f_rel
http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual-team?season=2013&sort=qot_toi_rel&team=mtl
Last edited by flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 1:31 pm

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:tedwardo's punch drunk. elvii has him on the ropes...


Your commentary is the best thing about this thread. I'm picturing a drunk Larry Merchant.


If campion were 50 years younger, he'd kick easterbrook's ass.

He never gives me a fair shake! EO needs to fire him! He don't know shit about message boarding! He ain't shit! He's not shit! He won't do shit!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:35 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:No, it's just that I'm bored at work and I am fully aware that you know nothing about hockey or the NHL. So the continued arguments from a self-imposed position of authority are causing me to [laugh] as I type this. Dick's opinion, while I may disagree I generally respect. Guy knows his shit and it's actually entertaining getting in a back and forth with him as I don't mind getting wished ass cancer or whatever the disease du jour is nowadays.

I do enjoy that something so basic as Corsi so obviously intimidates you and is causing you to VORP out your anus.


And the verdict is in. Love how people that idolize Keith Law piss themselves in a real argument.

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.



My side of the argument is that you used CORSI until you admitted it didn't really work for the purpose you were using it, at which point you used "your opinion" which is all I have been using from the beginning. Socrates is laughing.

If you could point out the piece where I admitted it didn't really work for the purpose I was using it, that would be greatly appreciated. It's limited but not worthless. Critical thinking Teddy, critical thinking. Lose the argument, move the goal posts. Great lawyering right here.


This post says nothing.

How do you use CORSI to differentiate between the relative skill levels of line mates? Could you also explain why any stat that includes missing a wide open net as a net positive measurable is indicative of skill level?

I'm sure the answer has something to so with my failed debating skills, the fact that I am an idiot, that the NHL and numbers are too hard for me, Downs, goal posts, or some other such self-important and non sequitur nonsense. Or that the stat is "limited but not worthless," without any explanation of how it applies.

I'll wait. I'm not as bored at work.

It's an imperfect stat due to the fluidity of hockey. Good find lawyer man.

There are ways to measure the quality of teammates (see URLs below), which are basically offshoots of an individual's Corsi, so caveat again with the imperfections. One link is for the Boston Bruins. One link is for the Montreal Canadiens. They are sorted by quality of teammates relative to the team. I will let you open each link and do a ctrl + F for Marchand and then a ctrl + F for Gionta. Results are...not good for you. Fun little site to poke around though if you care to have a greater understanding of hockey outside of Felger and Mazz-esque hot sports takes.

http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual-team?team=bos&season=2013&sort=qoc_toi_f_rel
http://www.extraskater.com/players/qual-team?season=2013&sort=qot_toi_rel&team=mtl


The results are not good for me if I were arguing about CORSI or some such shit I never heard of until this morning. I was arguing about Marchand sucking.

P&S Felger sucks. But he likes you hockey nerds, so I am not sure where you are headed there. I also believe you and I have already debated the relative worthlessness of talk radio with you on that side of the argument, so you lost me.
Last edited by twballgame9 on Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 32485
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2455

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 pm

To recap, your side of the argument was three GIFs and "Because I said so!" Just want to get that on record.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5613
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 33

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby angrychicken on Mon May 12, 2014 1:37 pm

User avatar
angrychicken
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16409
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Karma: 15696

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Untitled document