Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:07 pm

Endless Mike wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:Ah, yes. The classic "I have no counter-argument so I'll put up a bunch of pictures in an attempt to ridicule another poster and hide the fact that I have nothing to add because my initial argument is riddled with holes which have been greatly exploited but because I've posted so much on this site and people know my internet persona, others that don't read the whole thread must think I'm right." Way to go with that one.

And fuck it, I'll throw this question to you as well. How would you have cleared the necessary cap space to sign Kessel at $5.4 million AAV AND make the Bruins a better team? All I've seen is that they shouldn't have signed Kessel and shouldn't have traded Kobasew. It's time to put some analysis into your answers. Again, make me eat crow.


:dildodog :dildodog :dildodog

I don't have anything else to say because you're either too thick to figure this shit out or too much of an OJesque asshole who wants to keep a thread going 4 pages for the sake of recycling an argument ad nauseaum.

This team, other than Savard, is made up of a bunch of gritty forwards. Those guys are nice to have, but a bunch of PJ Axelssons are not going to win the Cup. When your offense is anemic even when the team is healthy, I would not advise trading last season's top scorer for some draft picks, then turn around and trade a solid scorer for the rights to a rookie and some more draft picks, unless you've already given up on the current season. Now, if those moves were to make room for more offense, then fine, I will be pleasantly suprised if they can pull that off. But it looks to me that they made a move to cut payroll in October so they can have more flexibility in 2011/2012, which is a fucking defeatest move to make so early in the season.

:toby

You can eat all the crow, and dick, you want. Have at it hoss.

:dildodog :dildodog :dildodog

I don't want a bunch of dildodogs and telling me that I'm retarded. I want a plan of action with how the Bruins should've cleared their cap space, who they should've gotten rid of, who they should have kept, who they should have brought up, etc. Go to NHLSCap.com to find salary figures and give me an answer. I have provided you with multiple posts on why I don't mind that they traded Kessel. You, to put it lightly, have not. Until you can give me an actual answer to my question, you are simply blowing steam up your own ass and are showing to have little understanding of the salary cap and the contract structure of the current Bruins team. So, please, enlighten me to why I suck with actual figures instead of giving me a shit-load of anecdotal evidence.

Edit: Oh SHIT! The gay slur! Day-um. Showed me. Again, you have provided nothing of substance to this conversation aside from the type of shit you'd hear on 'EEI if they were to ever talk hockey.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:Ah, yes. The classic "I have no counter-argument so I'll put up a bunch of pictures in an attempt to ridicule another poster and hide the fact that I have nothing to add because my initial argument is riddled with holes which have been greatly exploited but because I've posted so much on this site and people know my internet persona, others that don't read the whole thread must think I'm right." Way to go with that one.

And fuck it, I'll throw this question to you as well. How would you have cleared the necessary cap space to sign Kessel at $5.4 million AAV AND make the Bruins a better team? All I've seen is that they shouldn't have signed Kessel and shouldn't have traded Kobasew. It's time to put some analysis into your answers. Again, make me eat crow.


:dildodog :dildodog :dildodog

I don't have anything else to say because you're either too thick to figure this shit out or too much of an OJesque asshole who wants to keep a thread going 4 pages for the sake of recycling an argument ad nauseaum.

This team, other than Savard, is made up of a bunch of gritty forwards. Those guys are nice to have, but a bunch of PJ Axelssons are not going to win the Cup. When your offense is anemic even when the team is healthy, I would not advise trading last season's top scorer for some draft picks, then turn around and trade a solid scorer for the rights to a rookie and some more draft picks, unless you've already given up on the current season. Now, if those moves were to make room for more offense, then fine, I will be pleasantly suprised if they can pull that off. But it looks to me that they made a move to cut payroll in October so they can have more flexibility in 2011/2012, which is a fucking defeatest move to make so early in the season.

:toby

You can eat all the crow, and dick, you want. Have at it hoss.

:dildodog :dildodog :dildodog

I don't want a bunch of dildodogs and telling me that I'm retarded. I want a plan of action with how the Bruins should've cleared their cap space, who they should've gotten rid of, who they should have kept, who they should have brought up, etc. Go to NHLSCap.com to find salary figures and give me an answer. I have provided you with multiple posts on why I don't mind that they traded Kessel. You, to put it lightly, have not. Until you can give me an actual answer to my question, you are simply blowing steam up your own ass and are showing to have little understanding of the salary cap and the contract structure of the current Bruins team. So, please, enlighten me to why I suck with actual figures instead of giving me a shit-load of anecdotal evidence.

Edit: Oh SHIT! The gay slur! Day-um. Showed me. Again, you have provided nothing of substance to this conversation aside from the type of shit you'd hear on 'EEI if they were to ever talk hockey.


They say little retarded deserve the most love, so I hope you have a nice family.

I'm unhappy with the moves this team is making because I see a playoff team trade it's top goal scorer for draft picks in October, when the offense is already sputtering. There is nothing wrong with a fan being concerned with that kind of move, so kindly eat a dick. You can use your cute little fantasy GM game to tell me how many goals the 2012 draft picks will be scoring for this year's Bruins team.

PS- Here are some more emoticons. :ignign :irr :hokie


EDIT: And as I have already said countless times, if this move was made to clear space for another scorer, then great. So at no point did I say that re-signing Kessel was imperative as long as they can make up for the offense they lost.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:34 pm

And how would you have acted differently if you were in Chia's place, giving Kessel the $5.4 million AAV contract? Give me some actual moves you would have made. It's fantasy world so anything can happen. Until you give a legitimate response I cannot take your bitching about the FO getting rid of Kessel seriously. Please justify your position. You must do so if you want to actually formulate an argument. That's all I've been asking. You're halfway there, you just need the justification. Again, NHLSCap.com is a great resource.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:50 pm

flyingelvii wrote:And how would you have acted differently if you were in Chia's place, giving Kessel the $5.4 million AAV contract? Give me some actual moves you would have made. It's fantasy world so anything can happen. Until you give a legitimate response I cannot take your bitching about the FO getting rid of Kessel seriously. Please justify your position. You must do so if you want to actually formulate an argument. That's all I've been asking. You're halfway there, you just need the justification. Again, NHLSCap.com is a great resource.


I don't give a flying dickwashbowl if you take my posts seriously or not. You've driven this thread onto 5 pages because you cry when someone criticizes the front office.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Endless Mike wrote:And as I have already said countless times, if this move was made to clear space for another scorer, then great. So at no point did I say that re-signing Kessel was imperative as long as they can make up for the offense they lost.


:seanwilliams
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:01 pm

eepstein0 wrote:I'm also quitting on this argument. Evil, you're right, the rest of you are retarded. I'll post again and bring this thread back up in like February when the B's get hot.


Will their 2011 draft picks by contributing by then?
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:18 pm

RIP Forever .500s.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby apbc12 on Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:19 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle wrote:i don't have a whole lot to say here, so i'm going to use this opportunity to show a picture of a hartforded up ronnie francis trying to unsuccessfully stop the whale's perennials skids

Image

tobacco road loves ya ronnie!


Breakfast shmreakfast. Look at the score, for Christ's sake. It's only the second period and I'm up 12 to 2. Breakfasts come and go, but Hartford--the Whale--they only beat Vancouver once, maybe twice a lifetime.
User avatar
apbc12
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5042
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm
Karma: 2032

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:27 pm

Endless Mike wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I'm also quitting on this argument. Evil, you're right, the rest of you are retarded. I'll post again and bring this thread back up in like February when the B's get hot.


Will their 2011 draft picks by contributing by then?

Daniel Paille has been and will be, barring injury of course.

And I'm confused about your argument because you never clarify which 2011 pick you are referring to. Basically, and correct me if I'm wrong, I've gotten the impression that:
1. The B's should not have traded Kessel for draft picks.
2. The B's should not have traded Kobasew for draft picks.
3. You disregard Daniel Paille because I described him as Kobasew Lite before I watched him play a shift

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any part of this.

Edit: That last part sounds snarky as shit but I legitimately want to figure out what your argument is as it has seemed to be clouded in one way or another.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby buconvict on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:17 pm

flyingelvii wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I'm also quitting on this argument. Evil, you're right, the rest of you are retarded. I'll post again and bring this thread back up in like February when the B's get hot.


Will their 2011 draft picks by contributing by then?

Daniel Paille has been and will be, barring injury of course.

And I'm confused about your argument because you never clarify which 2011 pick you are referring to. Basically, and correct me if I'm wrong, I've gotten the impression that:
1. The B's should not have traded Kessel for draft picks.
2. The B's should not have traded Kobasew for draft picks.
3. You disregard Daniel Paille because I described him as Kobasew Lite before I watched him play a shift

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any part of this.

Edit: That last part sounds snarky as shit but I legitimately want to figure out what your argument is as it has seemed to be clouded in one way or another.


It speaks volumes that you still do not understand his very basic point about Kobasew and "Kobasew-lite". Additionally, you have now suggested that I proposed trading 8 or 9 seperate players in order to keep Kessel, which is completely inaccurate. If you can't put together the very basic post in made on the last page, then I can't help you. And no, I will not do you the favor of clearing it up for the 4th time.

Nobody says anyone here is a bad fan. You clearly support the team. What Mike and I are saying is that Cup contenders don't make lateral/backwards trades, they get better. They sign players to 12 year deals that are totally front loaded to stay under the cap. They don't trade away their BEST FUCKING GOALSCORER. PERIOD. You are endorsing moves that have undeniably made the team worse than it was last year, when they couldn't get out of the second round. If you're okay with that, then power to you. I'm not okay with losing in the second round, and I'm not okay with teams moving in reverse/being stuck in the sand. I understand the very basic economics of a salary cap. I also know that the CBA measures salary cap hit based on AAV, a system that can be completely played so as to sign players to 12 year deals worth 60 mil, averaging out to 5, but having the last 5 years of the deal be worth 800K each, essentially making the deal 7/56, saving the team 3 mil/year in cap hit. It's already been done with Hossa and Pronger. Naturally, Bruins never considered this ingenuity.

The comparison to the Penguins is laughable. The gap in talent between the two teams is as wide as Zahmhall's daughter's vag. Feel free to post in February when the Bruins are in 3rd or 4th. I'll just be sure to post in April when they get bounced in the second round again because they don't score any goals against the immortal Hurricanes.

:bag
Image

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
User avatar
buconvict
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Karma: 47

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:49 pm

buconvict wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:
Endless Mike wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:I'm also quitting on this argument. Evil, you're right, the rest of you are retarded. I'll post again and bring this thread back up in like February when the B's get hot.


Will their 2011 draft picks by contributing by then?

Daniel Paille has been and will be, barring injury of course.

And I'm confused about your argument because you never clarify which 2011 pick you are referring to. Basically, and correct me if I'm wrong, I've gotten the impression that:
1. The B's should not have traded Kessel for draft picks.
2. The B's should not have traded Kobasew for draft picks.
3. You disregard Daniel Paille because I described him as Kobasew Lite before I watched him play a shift

Please correct me if I'm wrong on any part of this.

Edit: That last part sounds snarky as shit but I legitimately want to figure out what your argument is as it has seemed to be clouded in one way or another.


It speaks volumes that you still do not understand his very basic point about Kobasew and "Kobasew-lite". Additionally, you have now suggested that I proposed trading 8 or 9 seperate players in order to keep Kessel, which is completely inaccurate. If you can't put together the very basic post in made on the last page, then I can't help you. And no, I will not do you the favor of clearing it up for the 4th time.

Nobody says anyone here is a bad fan. You clearly support the team. What Mike and I are saying is that Cup contenders don't make lateral/backwards trades, they get better. They sign players to 12 year deals that are totally front loaded to stay under the cap. They don't trade away their BEST FUCKING GOALSCORER. PERIOD. You are endorsing moves that have undeniably made the team worse than it was last year, when they couldn't get out of the second round. If you're okay with that, then power to you. I'm not okay with losing in the second round, and I'm not okay with teams moving in reverse/being stuck in the sand. I understand the very basic economics of a salary cap. I also know that the CBA measures salary cap hit based on AAV, a system that can be completely played so as to sign players to 12 year deals worth 60 mil, averaging out to 5, but having the last 5 years of the deal be worth 800K each, essentially making the deal 7/56, saving the team 3 mil/year in cap hit. It's already been done with Hossa and Pronger. Naturally, Bruins never considered this ingenuity.

The comparison to the Penguins is laughable. The gap in talent between the two teams is as wide as Zahmhall's daughter's vag. Feel free to post in February when the Bruins are in 3rd or 4th. I'll just be sure to post in April when they get bounced in the second round again because they don't score any goals against the immortal Hurricanes.

:bag

Errors in thought contained in your post:
1. I made the Kobasew Lite comparison before I saw Paille play. I've owned up to the fact that it's a horrible comparison as they are two different players. You would know that if you read any of my posts over the last page, page and a half. Paille does have 20 goal potential though seeing as how he scored 19 two years ago at the age of 23/24. And he's a beast on the PK. And he makes less than Kobasew and is a RFA next year. I enjoy some cap space when it's a relatively small net loss.

2. You give out the 12 year contracts to guys who are getting their final contract so they either retire and it comes off the books or so teams can buyout at a reduced price. The dummy years are in there because the buyout penalty is based on the actual salary during those years and not the AAV.

3. What do Pronger and Hossa have in common? They're over 30 and this is their final chance at a big payday.

4. Why in God's name would Kessel lock himself in a 12 year deal paying him $5 million AAV, $60 million total as you suggest knowing that inflation and other macroeconomic factors such as inflation and the exchange rate of the US and Canadian dollar that are going to seriously reduce that figure. Not to mention he's sure as hell not going to get as good of a contract at age 33 as age 26. Take off the fanboy glasses and put yourself in the position of the player. Kessel's big MO seems to be money or else he would've taken a discount to stay in Boston (or he really, really, really hated Boston) and not signed with one of the worst teams in the West. I'm not holding that against him as I'd completely understand if I were in his shoes but signing a 12 year deal as a 21-year old that doesn't even come close to Ovechkin money makes complete sense, especially when there's no chance in hell he gets bought out.

5. There is no way in hell Kessel would want to receive what will likely be below league minimum in the final few years of his contract.

6. You gave about 30 different scenarios (look at your post that's in All Caps on page 4 combined with your other posts) with what to do to get the money for Kessel so I'd really like it if you gave a definitive answer. Apologize for the confusion but you weren't entirely clear.

Edit: Formatting
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:03 pm

I'm pretty sure flyingelvii is a bot.
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Endless Mike wrote:I'm pretty sure flyingelvii is a bot.

You honestly agree with BUC? Here are players that recently signed 7+ year contract, their current age in parenthesis, and if they are young their AAV

Zetteberg (28) - Year 1 of 12
DiPietro (28) - Year 3 of 15
Nash (24) - Year 0 of 8 (begins in 2010, $7.8 AAV)
Datsyuk (31) - Year 2 of 7
E. Staal (25) - Year 1 of 7 ($8.25 AAV)
Hossa (30) - Year 1 of 12
Kopitar (22) - Year 1 of 7 ($6.8 AAV)
Pronger (35) - Year 1 of 7
Ohlund (33) - Year 1 of 7
Ovechkin (24) - Year 1 of 13 ($9.53 AAV)

Note: None of the younger guys have backloaded contracts. They're all pretty much even throughout the years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:44 pm

He's become self-aware. :ignign
User avatar
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8489
Joined: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Karma: 1613

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby BCTG on Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:14 pm

cue up Brass Bonanza :woot
User avatar
BCTG
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 230
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:31 am
Karma: 10

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:49 pm

B's 3
Pens 0

Just in case you didn't see the game.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16683
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -273

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:46 pm

Chara looked...awful. Morris, on the other hand, has been the best defenseman out there for some time.

Oh, and nice goal by Paille, who has also helped the B's kill of something like 30 of their last 31 PKs. PP still sucks though. Savard could be back soon though.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:09 pm

Bobby Orr got the most vote to be our Commencement Speaker in 1974.

Monan never invited Number 4.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby buconvict on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm

eepstein0 wrote:B's 3
Pens 0

Just in case you didn't see the game.



Bruins don't score a goal tonight, for the third time in 6 games.

Just in case you didn't see the game.
Image

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
User avatar
buconvict
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Karma: 47

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby buconvict on Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:48 pm

Chuck Kobasew, in all his sucktitude, scored 3 goals last night while the Bruins, yet again, struggled to put the puck away. :bag
Image

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
User avatar
buconvict
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Karma: 47

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:52 pm

ZOMG THE BRUINZ COODNT SCORE AGAINST ONE OF THE GREATEST GOALIES EVER AND A TEAM WHOSE STYLE RUINED HOCKEY AND A GUY THEY TRADED SCORED A HATTY THE SAME DAY!!!!!!ONEONEELEVENTYBILLION!!!1111!!!

The hatty also quadrupled Kobasew's season goals so it's not like he's having an especially good season seeing how he's not exactly on the team for his defensive prowess. Now if you actually want to give some analysis as to why they might have struggled (hint: someone important was missing) that'd be great, but again, you didn't watch the game and obviously haven't watched the handful of games before this (hint: look at the recent games Lucic has played).

You know what else happened yesterday? The Isles beat the Penguins and the Penguins only scored one goal against Dwayne F'n Roloson. They are TOAST this year if that game is any indication.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:31 pm

Funny thing the B's were on a long winning streak and have moved into first place in their division.

Ho-hum. And I watched the B's vs. Wild game a couple of nights ago, Kobbesew is awful defending him is inexplicable despite the hat-trick.
User avatar
eepstein0
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16683
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:35 pm
Karma: -273

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby buconvict on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:29 pm

flyingelvii wrote:ZOMG THE BRUINZ COODNT SCORE AGAINST ONE OF THE GREATEST GOALIES EVER AND A TEAM WHOSE STYLE RUINED HOCKEY AND A GUY THEY TRADED SCORED A HATTY THE SAME DAY!!!!!!ONEONEELEVENTYBILLION!!!1111!!!

The hatty also quadrupled Kobasew's season goals so it's not like he's having an especially good season seeing how he's not exactly on the team for his defensive prowess. Now if you actually want to give some analysis as to why they might have struggled (hint: someone important was missing) that'd be great, but again, you didn't watch the game and obviously haven't watched the handful of games before this (hint: look at the recent games Lucic has played).

You know what else happened yesterday? The Isles beat the Penguins and the Penguins only scored one goal against Dwayne F'n Roloson. They are TOAST this year if that game is any indication.



Right, because the Penguins having one off night is exactly the same as the Bruins putting up 1 goal or fewer for the 10th time this season. Also right that I never watch the games, I just seem to have an intimate knowledge of the games and the Bruins' complete inability to score goals. That's just because I'm a good guesser though.

I forgot that Lucic and his 17 goals from last season was missing, hence the team not scoring. Since he's injured again, should the Bruins even bother playing? According to you, he is the alpha and the omega of the Bruins, so they might as well just forfeit all their games until he gets back.

I don't care that they're in first place in their shitty division, they still can't score and they still won't get out of the second round. But hey, going 8-4 and winning the Emerald Bowl is good enough for some people. I'm just not one of them. If 40% of the time you score one goal or get shut out, I think it's fair to complain about a lack of goalscoring options.

One more thing. Phil Kessel, the worst player in the NHL, has 8 goals in 12 games, which is more than anyone on the Bruins has through 26 games. And before you start regurgitating defensive stats, I'll save you the time and remind you that Kessel, despite being on an awful team, has the same +- (+3) as Prince Krejci.
Image

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
User avatar
buconvict
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 903
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:11 pm
Karma: 47

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:24 pm

Lucic creates a ton of space for other forwards to work with. When you have guys like Ryder and Sturm, who don't have the quickest releases but have accurate shots, this is important. Aside from the Minnesota game, in which Lucic was hurt in the 2nd period I believe, the Bruins were not having trouble scoring in the games he was in. In fact their offense was pretty dominating, as it was for most of the Ottawa game last night before Thomas remembered that he sucked. They will have trouble scoring against elite goalies, but that usually applies to most teams. I'm more concerned about their ability to finish games (hello Pittsburgh and Ottawa).

I question if you watch the games because you take a look at a one game performance (New Jersey and Kobasew's hat trick) and draw conclusions from that without looking at extenuating circumstances nor the games that preceded said game. It's a very narrow point of view that doesn't insinuate a deep knowledge of the team. Sorry if I'm wrong but that's the impression that's given off.

Kessel's start has surprised me, though he is finally getting run on the first PP line. I think his goal total is going to start to wane when teams realize that he and Hagman are the only two options. Could be wrong but there's just not much talent on Toronto and a well coached team should be able to focus on him and shut him down. Also, plus/minus is a shitty stat. Given there's not many stats out there that define good defensive play, but plus/minus is like ERA or RBIs, very reliant on the performance of others, matchups, and the ilk. I believe Axelsson had a shitty +/- last year but he was by far the best defensive forward on the Bruins.

And another aside, the Bruins are something like 43 of their last 46 on the PK. Paille is their top PKer. Please draw your own conclusions.

And stop insinuating that I'm a shitty fan that cheers for mediocrity. Just because I agreed with two moves the FO made, one wholeheartedly and one given the circumstances, doesn't mean that. Of course, if anyone here doesn't bitch about things the coaches/FO do they are labeled as so.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:32 am

Flyingelvii,

I used to do a bit of flying myself. Would you consider joining me for a flight along with 81 and walrus. I had a large, twin engine turbo prop and I think you would find the flight very exciting.

-Richard Gerson Rosenthal
Dick Rosenthal
Merkert Hall
 
Posts: 3445
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 571

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:25 am

The funny thing is that of those other two, I'm the only person that actually makes cogent points. But, again, it's against the opinions of some "established" people here. So naturally, I am wrong and the name calling and the such commences. This board is funny like that and part of the reason I especially am enjoying posting in this thread. I am going to sound cocky as all hell but I am certain that I know more about hockey than pretty much everyone on this board, probably with the exception of a couple of posters.

Having said that, you and your gimmick accounts can go fuck yourself. Refute my arguments with cogent counterarguments that aren't rife with holes, insults that have nothing to do with the topic on hand, and other general forms of douchebaggery. Until then, well, read the first sentence. And if you're going to make a gimmick account, be funny. Some 45 year old arbitrager from New York that went to Syracuse and died in a plane crash 22 years ago is not funny. Now Cory Lidle or Thruman Munson gimmicks, those are funny.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby angryty on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:12 pm

I really could care less about the Bruins or this debate about Chuck Kobasew, but I do find elvii's boasting amusing. There is something easterbrook-esque about elvii--that is he goes on for paragraphs when he could make his point in two sentences or less. I also loved his 74 copout with respect to his hockey knowledge, which were "I know more about hockey than anyone on this board except for probably a few posters." Way to take a stand 74. Really put yourself out there with that one. Gutsy. Almost TOBY-esque in the level of fortitude it takes to make such a definitive statement.
angryty
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 105

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:09 pm

Meh, swiftness of word isn't exactly my strong suit. I also use too many parentheses. And I was addressing multiple points so I broke it into numerous paragraphs. 'Tis my style. But the sheer misery of your life that you project through your insults of me and others is quite amusing, however. I guess what I'm trying to say in as many words as possible just so I can prolong the misery you feel through reading this post is that you can go fuck yourself you miserable prick.

And I am aware that my hockey knowledge is vastly superior to BUCs and superior to EndlessMike's. The rest, I'm not so sure about as I haven't had inane interactions with them like I have had with these two. I can also decisively say, once again, that your life is miserable.

Edit: The Bruins front office hates its skill players.
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/215348/savard-contract-were-getting-really-close
Bruins' forward Marc Savard said at practice Monday that he feels negotiations regarding a contract extension are close to coming to a head. "We're getting really close, so hopefully we're going to get it done because this is where I want to be," said the Bruins' leading scorer for the past three seasons.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5575
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 82

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I shook Bobby Orr's hand and saw Pete Stemkowski leave a bar to get a parking lot blowjob in the 70's.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 13450
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:23 am
Karma: -4852

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby angryty on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:13 pm

flyingelvii wrote:Meh, swiftness of word isn't exactly my strong suit. I also use too many parentheses. And I was addressing multiple points so I broke it into numerous paragraphs. 'Tis my style. But the sheer misery of your life that you project through your insults of me and others is quite amusing, however. I guess what I'm trying to say in as many words as possible just so I can prolong the misery you feel through reading this post is that you can go fuck yourself you miserable prick.

And I am aware that my hockey knowledge is vastly superior to BUCs and superior to EndlessMike's. The rest, I'm not so sure about as I haven't had inane interactions with them like I have had with these two. I can also decisively say, once again, that your life is miserable.

Edit: The Bruins front office hates its skill players.
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/215348/savard-contract-were-getting-really-close
Bruins' forward Marc Savard said at practice Monday that he feels negotiations regarding a contract extension are close to coming to a head. "We're getting really close, so hopefully we're going to get it done because this is where I want to be," said the Bruins' leading scorer for the past three seasons.


It is not misery, just bemusing to see the level of your fucktardedness. Here is something short. I hope you get pancreatic cancer and die, but before you die I hope your house catches fire and you watch your children and wife (assuming you have one, perhaps I should have said life partner) burn to death. Then I hope you take a cruise with your remaining relations and loved ones and the boat sinks and they are all devoured by sharks before your eyes and that you expire from a combination of pancreatic cancer, being eaten by sharks, and exposure.
angryty
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 am
Karma: 105

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Untitled document