Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: pre penetration

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:57 pm

FAT ELVIS (another great 74 original) and epstein are finally coming around to what Convict and I have been saying about this Bruins offense for months. Of course when we said it we were sternly lectured on how we must not know anything about hockey.
:quadlaser
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:01 pm

:slapfight
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:02 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}::slapfight

Hey shock - I'm trying to merge this into the 'Bruins trade Kessel' post but am proving why I'm just a maroon name around here.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:FAT ELVIS (another great 74 original) and epstein are finally coming around to what Convict and I have been saying about this Bruins offense for months. Of course when we said it we were sternly lectured on how we must not know anything about hockey.

I was concerned about losing Kessel. I understood why the B's couldn't keep him but I was still concerned. The B's really miss Kobasew though.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:08 pm

I know I'm late on this one, but Scottie Hartnell's hair is a bad joke.

Also, Ray Whitney is not the answer. In terms of getting a goal scorer, they need to go big or go home.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:50 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:In terms of getting a goal scorer, they need to go big or go home.

He also needs to be amazing at defense and have no interest in being paid fair market value. :quadlaser

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:13 pm

Luckily the B's won't delve too deep into the FA market to find a big time scorer better than Satan so, assuming trade, the contract just has to fit under the cap as he will already be under contract. ::some retarded emoticon::

And aside from Kovy there don't seem to be a bevy of solid scorers on the market. Seems like it's gonna be hard to go big this year as opposed to chances in years prior. Things should to sort themselves out more when Lucic comes back and Begin gets as far away from the first line as possible.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:28 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:FAT ELVIS (another great 74 original) and epstein are finally coming around to what Convict and I have been saying about this Bruins offense for months. Of course when we said it we were sternly lectured on how we must not know anything about hockey.

I think you have to at least be fair and see what impact Lucic being back in the line-up has. If we consider to score 1 and 2 goals per game when he comes back, then I'll come over to the dark side.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:57 am

And now Bergeron breaks his hand and is out for ~6 weeks. This means that Chara is next in line for a big injury in about 4 weeks.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:46 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And now Bergeron breaks his hand and is out for ~6 weeks. This means that Chara is next in line for a big injury in about 4 weeks.

Shit timing... does he still go to Vancouver?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:48 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And now Bergeron breaks his hand and is out for ~6 weeks. This means that Chara is next in line for a big injury in about 4 weeks.

Shit timing... does he still go to Vancouver?

Doubtful but not ruling out the possibility. Would suck if he didn't given everything he's been through the past two years.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:37 pm

Tonight against Ottawa, Blake Wheeler had two redirect goals, right in front of the net. Do you believe in miracles?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:31 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Tonight against Ottawa, Blake Wheeler had two redirect goals, right in front of the net. Do you believe in miracles?

Apparently Blake sold his soul to Satan.

Sorry, had to go there.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:51 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Tonight against Ottawa, Blake Wheeler had two redirect goals, right in front of the net. Do you believe in miracles?

Sorry, had to go there.

That was disappointing at best haha. Good win for the B's last night and now they're saying Lucic could be back on Saturday Night which could be huge.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:59 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Sorry, had to go there.

So Miroslav gets a $700K contract and a new soul in the same week. Good for him.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:30 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Sorry, had to go there.

So Miroslav gets a $700K contract and a new soul in the same week. Good for him.

He only gets something like $350k or $400k since the contract prorated (that's also the cap hit). Still a good week for him regardless.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Sorry, had to go there.

That was disappointing at best haha. Good win for the B's last night and now they're saying Lucic could be back on Saturday Night which could be huge.

Looch is back tonight. Wheeler, that SOB, just scored on the PP AGAIN off a tip of a D-MO shot. Maybe he's getting lessons from Recchi.

Edit: and Satan scores his first goals for Boston about 2.5 minutes later. Good start against a very good Chicago team.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Savard is hurt and we're getting absolutley waxed by Chicago. Great.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:25 pm

The amount if injuries this team has suffered is ridiculous. Every time someone comes back someone else gets hurt. MRI on Savard's knee tomorrow. With this season's luck it'll be a torn ACL and MCL and they'll have to amputate his leg.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 pm

At some point people need to stop acting like the Bruins are the only team with injuries and accept the fact that the team that was eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year downgraded itself over the summer while other teams upgraded and are simply better teams.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:31 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:At some point people need to stop acting like the Bruins are the only team with injuries and accept the fact that the team that was eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year downgraded itself over the summer while other teams upgraded and are simply better teams.

Their top 6 entering the season has played 7 games together so far.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:At some point people need to stop acting like the Bruins are the only team with injuries and accept the fact that the team that was eliminated in the 2nd round of the playoffs last year downgraded itself over the summer while other teams upgraded and are simply better teams.

So the Bruins got demolished by the Blackhawks at home last night because Savard wasn't playing? There is no reason for their mediocrity other than injury?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:17 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

So the Bruins got demolished by the Blackhawks at home last night because Savard wasn't playing? There is no reason for their mediocrity other than injury?

Well the Hawks are the best and deepest team in the NHL and the Bruins, as constructed last night with Mark Recchi as the second line center and Adam McQuaid getting significant minutes, are not. Phil Kessel would not have made a difference last night. Of course some guys have regressed to varying degrees (Wideman, Thomas, Krejci, Ryder, Chara come to mind) but the injuries to the most important players this year are certainly a big reason for their mediocrity. Savard has been out multiple weeks twice. Lucic has been out multiple weeks twice. Bergeron is out for multiple weeks. Stuart is currently out for multiple weeks. Ference is out for multiple weeks. Krejci was coming off of serious hip surgery and has finally started to get going. They have lost their top four forwards for extended periods, often at the same time, and have been forced to move guys like Steve Begin, Byron Bitz, and old Mark Recchi into top six action and allow guys like Andy Wozniewski and Adam McQuaid to actually see the ice. Of course it's not the entire reason for the B's mediocrity (see regressions) it is easily the biggest reason they are struggling.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:59 pm

The question is really are the B's regression back to the mean or is it just the injuries/young guys not producing? There are rumors floating around that the Blackhawks could actually add Kovulchuk before the dealine as a rental, not sure how that one works Caps wise.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:02 pm

Luckily, the conference is so mediocre that they should coast into a 4/5/6 seed (or better if they get frisky before the trade deadline) once their team gets healthier. Last night, Thomas stood on his head as Paille and others blew great scoring chances, but Dan Boyle kicks the rebound on one of Paille's chances them into his own net, and they steal two huge points against one of the best teams in the NHL.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:36 pm

That was an AHL roster if I've ever seen one. The centers were Recchi, Begin, Sobotka, and Whitfield. And they somehow won.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:36 pm

That was an AHL roster if I've ever seen one. The centers were Recchi, Begin, Sobotka, and Whitfield. And they somehow won.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:28 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:That was an AHL roster if I've ever seen one. The centers were Recchi, Begin, Sobotka, and Whitfield. And they somehow won.

It's astonishing to me that we're still 5th in the East with this current roster.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:38 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:That was an AHL roster if I've ever seen one. The centers were Recchi, Begin, Sobotka, and Whitfield. And they somehow won.

It's astonishing to me that we're still 5th in the East with this current roster.

Horrendous conference. Grittier team than most (I guess).
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:03 pm

Flyingevil you'll appreciate this, I'm at the Verizon Center now for the Caps/Philly game and the place is hopping. I'll give it about 10 minutes before a fight breaks out. If any of you want to see a fun place to watch hockey, come down to DC on a weekend when the B's are playing the Caps, this is a great environment.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink