Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:57 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We have a David Krecji sighting tonight!! 1-0 B's after 1. Glad this game is on NHLN, one of the few times I get to see the Bruins today here without it being on Hockey Night in Canada or having to vulture the feed at the Verizon Center from the Capitals.

13 points in last 15 games. I think he's back.

Edit: Make that 14 points in 15 games.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:26 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We have a David Krecji sighting tonight!! 1-0 B's after 1. Glad this game is on NHLN, one of the few times I get to see the Bruins today here without it being on Hockey Night in Canada or having to vulture the feed at the Verizon Center from the Capitals.

13 points in last 15 games. I think he's back.

Edit: Make that 14 points in 15 games.

No shame in tying Chicago, that's a good point on the road.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:38 am

Bs were shut out out @ Toronto, then Shut out Ottawa up there. The goals haven't be coming easy, despite the Claudefather's best efforts to switch up the lines.

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Holy hell that is brilliant. Very encouraged by Thomas' performance in that game, especially considering Tuukka cost the B's the Toronto game with a pair of softies. He completely took it over and hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I want to love but he makes it so...damn...hard.

And Begin on the first line, yikes. Savard has to be sending "Get Well" cards to Lucic daily.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:29 pm

Bs scored some fucking goals.

:fam
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:13 am

Atlanta's goaltending and defense are awful which helps a lot. We need to get Lucic back before you can fully evaluate this team.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:13 pm

Next 5 games are very winnable (@ Fla, @ TB, Atl, Phi, NYR). Would be nice to finally get some momentum going for the season.

Edit: And Go Tuukka. Chucky's overall play < Daniel's overall play. Rask > Thomas. Kovy is greater than all. And contract talks have come to a stall. Wheels, parts + Leafs 1st for Kovy and I would Jizz In My Pants. Hell, switch Wheels and Krejci and still the same reaction. Not to mention the sheer orgasm that will by on Savvy's face.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:28 am

:thehjs

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:32 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Next 5 games are very winnable (@ Fla, @ TB, Atl, Phi, NYR). Would be nice to finally get some momentum going for the season.

Edit: And Go Tuukka. Chucky's overall play < Daniel's overall play. Rask > Thomas. Kovy is greater than all. And contract talks have come to a stall. Wheels, parts + Leafs 1st for Kovy and I would Jizz In My Pants. Hell, switch Wheels and Krejci and still the same reaction. Not to mention the sheer orgasm that will by on Savvy's face.

Wayyy too many jizz references in this post.

You would be happy with trading the Leafs' pick, the sacred and omnipotent top 5 pick obtained when Kessel was traded, in part of a package that would net you 3 months of Kovalchuk before he walks in free agency? Seems like a reallyyy high price for a rental

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:36 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Next 5 games are very winnable (@ Fla, @ TB, Atl, Phi, NYR). Would be nice to finally get some momentum going for the season.

Wayyy too many jizz references in this post.

You would be happy with trading the Leafs' pick, the sacred and omnipotent top 5 pick obtained when Kessel was traded, in part of a package that would net you 3 months of Kovalchuk before he walks in free agency? Seems like a reallyyy high price for a rental

Yeah I was hammered. So be it.

But yes I would do that trade. The B's are a great defensive team but have a lack of scoring. They've gotten pretty adept at winning the close, low-scoring games but adding someone like Kovy would be absolutely huge. Right now there is no consistency on Savard's wings. Lucic will take one of those spots when he comes back. The rest has been a revolving door of suck and incompetence. This doesn't even include the help that he'd bring on the PP. He can even play the point competently, unlike Bergeron. This is all probably a pipe dream but I don't think it's entirely irrational. And this would be the B's going for it, which I'd think would mesh with your view of how the team should be run.

I don't know what's so hallowed about the pick. It's an asset that can be kept or moved for the right player. There aren't many right players. Kovy is pretty much the only right player on the market. Of course I'd prefer if Chia gave the B's 1st rounder but then they'd have to throw in more talent (like from the Krejci, Wheeler, Hamill, etc. section).
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:34 pm

Our offense sucks but I don't think Illya Kovulchuck is walking through that door.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Trading a top 5 pick for a 3 month rental is foolish, especially if you also trade Blake Wheeler.

Anyone else surprised to see Patrice make Team Canada over Savard?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:11 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Trading a top 5 pick for a 3 month rental is foolish, especially if you also trade Blake Wheeler.

They probably wouldn't include Wheels if they included the Leafs' pick. That'd be more likely if it was for the B's pick. Again, it's probably a pipe dream but they'd have to give something up and Sobotka, Marchand, Hamill, et al plus the Leafs pick probably wouldn't be enough so they'd have to give up something of value.

Regarding Bergeron, Canada has a lot of very good centers and Bergy's has shown pretty good chemistry with Crosby on his wing in the World Juniors. Plus he's easily been the best Bruin this year and is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:06 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Trading a top 5 pick for a 3 month rental is foolish, especially if you also trade Blake Wheeler.

They probably wouldn't include Wheels if they included the Leafs' pick. That'd be more likely if it was for the B's pick. Again, it's probably a pipe dream but they'd have to give something up and Sobotka, Marchand, Hamill, et al plus the Leafs pick probably wouldn't be enough so they'd have to give up something of value.

Regarding Bergeron, Canada has a lot of very good centers and Bergy's has shown pretty good chemistry with Crosby on his wing in the World Juniors. Plus he's easily been the best Bruin this year and is one of the best defensive forwards in the NHL.

Bergeron is one of the best two way defenders in the league, essentially why he made team Canada. Even if they want to play him on the wing he can still be effective on the back-check. Rumors are swirling around about either Ray Whitney being dealt to the Bruins. How do you guys feel about that? I sat through the Hurricanes drubbing of the Capitals 6-3 Monday Night and didn't even notice Whitney was on the ice from the press box. I understand the B's don't wan to mortgage the future, but Ray Whitney is seriously reaching down low in the bargain bin. We're up 3-0 on Atlanta after one period, that's better offensive progress.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:48 pm

He'd be like Recchi last year. I doubt Chia would get the same coup as he did for that deal (Lashoff passed through waivers, Karsums isn't much of anything, and he got a 2nd) but Whitney can certainly provide offense. A PPG guy post-lockout when healthy, which is huge as, sans the Thrashers the B's have a BIT of a scoring problem (save the Kessel talk). He's a sieve defensively so that could create a problem but I figure Claude could move probably Wheels to the 4th once Looch returns. Not sure about his PP prowess but if Chia gives up a 2011 pick (supposed to be a weak draft) and someone like Marchand, Bitz, or a fringe guy I'd be plenty satisfied. Bitz is a nice player but he's a dime a dozen and if someone with offense and defense like Wheels joins the 4th line, I'd feel a lot better about the B's lineup.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:45 am

He'd be like Recchi last year. I doubt Chia would get the same coup as he did for that deal (Lashoff passed through waivers, Karsums isn't much of anything, and he got a 2nd) but Whitney can certainly provide offense. A PPG guy post-lockout when healthy, which is huge as, sans the Thrashers the B's have a BIT of a scoring problem (save the Kessel talk). He's a sieve defensively so that could create a problem but I figure Claude could move probably Wheels to the 4th once Looch returns. Not sure about his PP prowess but if Chia gives up a 2011 pick (supposed to be a weak draft) and someone like Marchand, Bitz, or a fringe guy I'd be plenty satisfied. Bitz is a nice player but he's a dime a dozen and if someone with offense and defense like Wheels joins the 4th line, I'd feel a lot better about the B's lineup.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:32 pm

Sobotka is playing really well. This could have implications in the Bs' trade talks.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:18 pm

We Win! The offense is still piss poor but fun win nonetheless.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:We Win! The offense is still piss poor but fun win nonetheless.

Bruins skated exceptionally well on the third period. Puck movement on first goal was beautiful, and it was a sensational play by D-Mo.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:20 pm

Went from :bag :thehjs

to

:elephant and :flagus in about ten minutes.

This team needs to score some goddamn goals.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:37 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Went from :bag :thehjs

to

:elephant and :flagus in about ten minutes.

This team needs to score some goddamn goals.

It's painful to watch, they're not even close most the time to scoring goals.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

pre penetration

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:38 pm

BCTG {l Wrote}:Pos. Name Ht Wt Birthdate S/C Hometown 2009-10 NHL Team
G Ryan Miller 6-2 175 7/17/80 L East Lansing, Mich. Buffalo Sabres
G Jonathan Quick 6-1 223 1/21/86 L Hamden, Conn. Los Angeles Kings
G Tim Thomas 5-11 201 4/15/74 L Flint, Mich. Boston Bruins

D Erik Johnson 6-4 236 3/21/88 R Bloomington, Minn. St. Louis Blues
D Jack Johnson 6-0 218 1/13/87 L Ann Arbor, Mich. Los Angeles Kings
D Mike Komisarek 6-4 243 1/19/82 R West Islip, N.Y. Toronto Maple Leafs
D Paul Martin 6-1 200 3/5/81 L Elk River, Minn. New Jersey Devils
D Brooks Orpik 6-2 219 9/26/80 L San Francisco, Calif. Pittsburgh Penguins
D Brian Rafalski 5-10 194 9/28/73 R Dearborn, Mich. Detroit Red Wings
D Ryan Suter 6-1 198 1/21/85 L Madison, Wis. Nashville Predators

F David Backes 6-3 225 5/1/84 R Blaine, Minn. St. Louis Blues
F Dustin Brown 6-0 208 11/4/84 R Ithaca, N.Y. Los Angeles Kings
F Ryan Callahan 5-11 188 3/21/85 R Rochester, N.Y. New York Rangers
F Chris Drury 5-10 190 8/20/76 R Trumbull, Conn. New York Rangers
F Patrick Kane 5-10 178 11/19/88 L Buffalo, N.Y. Chicago Blackhawks
F Ryan Kesler 6-2 202 8/31/84 R Livonia, Mich. Vancouver Canucks
F Phil Kessel 5-11 180 10/2/87 R Madison, Wis. Toronto Maple Leafs
F Jamie Langenbrunner 6-1 205 7/24/75 R Cloquet, Minn. New Jersey Devils
F Ryan Malone 6-4 220 12/1/79 L Pittsburgh, Pa. Tampa Bay Lightning
F Zach Parise 5-11 190 7/28/84 L Prior Lake, Minn. New Jersey Devils
F Joe Pavelski 5-11 190 7/11/84 R Plover, Wis. San Jose Sharks
F Bobby Ryan 6-2 208 3/17/87 R Cherry Hill, N.J. Anaheim Ducks
F Paul Stastny 6-0 205 12/27/85 L St. Louis, Mo. Colorado Avalanche

BUT KESSEL SUCKS DOOOD. BOOOOO

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Re: Brooks Orpik makes team USA

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:02 pm

At being a defensive forward, yes. Luckily, Team USA, unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs, has enough good sized guys and decent two-way players that he will be able to focus on what he does best, score goals. USA doesn't have the skill to match with Canada, Russia, or other top-end teams, so they'll bang bodies. Basically, it's a Brian Burke team, shocking as he selected the team. Of course Ron Wilson is the coach so who knows what the hell the team is going to do. Your agenda is comical, though. The Olympics don't enforce a salary cap so it is a lot easier to create fantasy teams with the best players possible and Kessel is probably the second best American goal scorer behind Parise, so he's going to be on the team.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:55 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:At being a defensive forward, yes. Luckily, Team USA, unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs, has enough good sized guys and decent two-way players that he will be able to focus on what he does best, score goals. USA doesn't have the skill to match with Canada, Russia, or other top-end teams, so they'll bang bodies. Basically, it's a Brian Burke team, shocking as he selected the team. Of course Ron Wilson is the coach so who knows what the hell the team is going to do. Your agenda is comical, though. The Olympics don't enforce a salary cap so it is a lot easier to create fantasy teams with the best players possible and Kessel is probably the second best American goal scorer behind Parise, so he's going to be on the team.

So Kessel's inclusion to Team USA was okay because they have a lot of two-way players, but he had to be traded away from the Bruins because he wasn't a two-way player like the rest of the team?

Thanks for clearing that up. It all makes sense now.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:46 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:At being a defensive forward, yes. Luckily, Team USA, unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs, has enough good sized guys and decent two-way players that he will be able to focus on what he does best, score goals. USA doesn't have the skill to match with Canada, Russia, or other top-end teams, so they'll bang bodies. Basically, it's a Brian Burke team, shocking as he selected the team. Of course Ron Wilson is the coach so who knows what the hell the team is going to do. Your agenda is comical, though. The Olympics don't enforce a salary cap so it is a lot easier to create fantasy teams with the best players possible and Kessel is probably the second best American goal scorer behind Parise, so he's going to be on the team.

So Kessel's inclusion to Team USA was okay because they have a lot of two-way players, but he had to be traded away from the Bruins because he wasn't a two-way player like the rest of the team?

Please re-read the bolded part. You seem to have missed that in driving your agenda off the road and into a ditch.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:27 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

Please re-read the bolded part. You seem to have missed that in driving your agenda off the road and into a ditch.

If your main point was about the cap, then perhaps you shouldn't have made it after saying that Kessel would fit into team USA because they're defensive minded but didn't fit into the Bruins because they're defensive minded.

A well-framed argument as always.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:27 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

If your main point was about the cap, then perhaps you shouldn't have made it after saying that Kessel would fit into team USA because they're defensive minded but didn't fit into the Bruins because they're defensive minded.

Please point out the place where I referenced the Bruins in my post, directly or indirectly. The only NHL team I referenced was the Maple Leafs, whereas you are making things up so you can create an argument. I can see this is going to become another thread for you to bitch about Kessel so I'll get my talking points out of the way:
-Kessel can score a shit-ton of goals
-Kessel's defensive game has regressed under Ron Wilson
-Kessel is a prodigious offensive talent who should fit nicely with Team USA
-Kessel should fit well on Team USA because he won't be forced to play as strict a two-way game as he did with the Bruins (first B's reference...hooray!)
-Kessel should benefit from the open ice that the big guys generate, thus using his speed and quick release to create chances
-Kessel would have fit on the Bruins, as would any goal scorer, as Claude actually got him to play defense but there was not a lot of cap space and he didn't really want to come back, which created problems in the negotiation process and eventually led to his departure

I really love how any discussion about the Bruins always turns into a Kessel bitch-fest for you. Let your binky go. He's gone and won't come back anytime soon.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:57 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

Please point out the place where I referenced the Bruins in my post, directly or indirectly. The only NHL team I referenced was the Maple Leafs, whereas you are making things up so you can create an argument. I can see this is going to become another thread for you to bitch about Kessel so I'll get my talking points out of the way:
-Kessel can score a shit-ton of goals
-Kessel's defensive game has regressed under Ron Wilson
-Kessel is a prodigious offensive talent who should fit nicely with Team USA
-Kessel should fit well on Team USA because he won't be forced to play as strict a two-way game as he did with the Bruins (first B's reference...hooray!)
-Kessel should benefit from the open ice that the big guys generate, thus using his speed and quick release to create chances
-Kessel would have fit on the Bruins, as would any goal scorer, as Claude actually got him to play defense but there was not a lot of cap space and he didn't really want to come back, which created problems in the negotiation process and eventually led to his departure

I really love how any discussion about the Bruins always turns into a Kessel bitch-fest for you. Let your binky go. He's gone and won't come back anytime soon.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:47 pm

You referenced Kessel and the Bruins the moment that you replied to my statement that Kessel sucks, which was an obvious reference to prior discussions about Kessel and his departure from the Bruins.

I think that any discussion about Phil Kessel should include the apparently irrelevent tidbit about his trade away from the Bruins and the Bruins not so unpredictable inability to score goals or beat good teams. He's been traded, so suddenly we can't talk about him or what his foolish trade has meant for this year's mediocre product?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Not when the topic is "Brooks Orpik makes team USA." If you want to further discuss Kessel and the Bruins, start your own thread. Stop hijacking other threads. My discussion was about Kessel's role on Team USA. You are just trolling and baiting and doing a shitty job at that.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink