Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:On top of being a mediocre hockey player, Tom Wilson is still a piece of shit.

remains absolute trash

Yeah I could pretty much quote that for every game he plays moving forward and it could apply. Of course he’s basically an amped up Ovi who doesn’t score, so not surprised the NHL has no issue bringing the hammer down on him and not his Russian buddy for the shit he pulls.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 06, 2018 9:18 am

surprised the nhl wheel of justice didn't end up on 1 game for the serial licker
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bcshater on Sun May 06, 2018 1:00 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:surprised the nhl wheel of justice didn't end up on 1 game for the serial licker

The NHL apparently gave Marchand a warning on this. Marchand is weird, just plain weird and yes I am a B's fan.
Yes I am a BC fan. Proof of this is my dog's name is Baldwin.
bcshater
Campion Hall

Postby eagle33 on Sun May 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Yes, Marchand is weird and maybe has mental problems. I'm surprised the two guys he licked didn't kick the shit out of him on the spot.
eagle33
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 06, 2018 8:21 pm

Nice to see JT Miller playing like he gives a shit—somethingbhe failed to donfor most of the year with the Rangers. At least Rick Nash is still consistently unable to score goals in the playoffs. Stralman, Girardi, McDonaugh, Miller and Callahan. It’s like a Ranger reunion—of cours, to keep up with the proper form they need to spit the bit in the next round or advance and then get worked over in the Finals.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 07, 2018 7:32 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Nice to see JT Miller playing like he gives a shit—somethingbhe failed to donfor most of the year with the Rangers. At least Rick Nash is still consistently unable to score goals in the playoffs. Stralman, Girardi, McDonaugh, Miller and Callahan. It’s like a Ranger reunion—of cours, to keep up with the proper form they need to spit the bit in the next round or advance and then get worked over in the Finals.

Rick Nash was remarkably useless.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2018 12:31 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:On top of being a mediocre hockey player, Tom Wilson is still a piece of shit.

remains absolute trash

Yeah I could pretty much quote that for every game he plays moving forward and it could apply. Of course he’s basically an amped up Ovi who doesn’t score, so not surprised the NHL has no issue bringing the hammer down on him and not his Russian buddy for the shit he pulls.

I mean Ovechkin has been suspended 3 times in his career -- so i'm not really sure your "hammer" comment applies here. Meanwhile Sidney Crosby slashes a guy's fingertip off, and spears guys in the balls repeatedly and nuthin :shrug

I'm not going to defend Wilson at all (both hits this series were pretty bad) other than to say he has turned into a very valuable player that any team would sign up to have (draws the most minor penalties in the league, 2nd line penalty killer, great puck possession winger to compliment Ovechkin). Unfortunately even if he learns to always hit cleanly and not go high -- he'll never shake the reputation he's now built up.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm

Three suspensions for the amount of boards and other borderline hits he has historically been part of is not a "hammer".
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2018 2:45 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Three suspensions for the amount of boards and other borderline hits he has historically been part of is not a "hammer".

"Historically been a part of"...you make it sound like he's fucking Claude Lemieux or something. He was fined and/or suspended for a couple of bad hits -- but has not had any run ins for several seasons now. And given his history he wouldn't have gotten off light if there was something borderline.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2018 4:22 pm

Not really, you just choose to interpret that way. Denying he has a decent sized history of running, boarding, and kneeing people is selective amnesia though. Whatever, I expect him to be a combined -5 with no points and a 4 PIMs over the next two games.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 07, 2018 7:16 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Not really, you just choose to interpret that way. Denying he has a decent sized history of running, boarding, and kneeing people is selective amnesia though. Whatever, I expect him to be a combined -5 with no points and a 4 PIMs over the next two games.

I am going to go contrarian here. While I take a backseat to no one in my contempt for both my former neighbor Ovie, the Capitals and the most ignorant fan base in professional sports, I think this is the year they dispatch a tired and spent Pens team before getting clubbed like a baby seal by Tampa Bay.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Tue May 08, 2018 9:02 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Not really, you just choose to interpret that way. Denying he has a decent sized history of running, boarding, and kneeing people is selective amnesia though. Whatever, I expect him to be a combined -5 with no points and a 4 PIMs over the next two games.

Or an assist on the GWG. whatever.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Congrats on advancing past the third or fourth best team in the East in the second round!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 24, 2018 9:43 am

Weird feeling this morning. Weird that a Caps team looked competent and an opponent was the one who couldn't get out of their own way (aside from the first period). Really happy to see Girardi and McDonaugh and Kunitz on the bad end of a momentous playoff win in Caps history.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 29, 2018 3:31 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

remains absolute trash

Yeah I could pretty much quote that for every game he plays moving forward and it could apply.

unreal
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Tue May 29, 2018 5:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

remains absolute trash

Yeah I could pretty much quote that for every game he plays moving forward and it could apply.

unreal

:violin

and every team would take him in a heart beat. Not saying he doesn't play on the edge (kinda like Marchand does every year and he gets defended ad naseum in Boston). Wilson is obviously not as skilled as Marchand but he's developed into a more than "mediocre" player.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 29, 2018 7:26 pm

The NHL is a joke. Tom Wilson is the poster boy for everything that is wrong with the game. In his desire to please the Soccer moms who are becoming hockey moms, Bettman has driven the actual tough guys and enforcers out of the game. Even 10 years ago, Tom Wilson would have been facing a beating from a Jody Shelley or George Laraque type for that egregious cheap shot. Now, because he is biggish (although somewhat of a pussy as a fighter given his usual size advantage) there is no disincentive for him to try and run players who are much more talented and valuable then him.

This isn’t to say the old NHL didn’t have cheap shot artists—some that were actually very good players (see Samuelson, Ulf or Lemieux, Claude). The difference is that those guys did what they did knowing they would eventually pay a horrible price (as both Samuelson and Lemiuex did on several occasions). The rise of Sean Avery, Brad Marchand, Raffi Torres and Tom Wilson coincides with Bettman’s war on enforcers. It’s a joke and if I am Vegas I fight fire with fire. Going after Wilson is pointless—he’ll just turtle. I’d let Derek Engelland re-break Backstrom’s hand with a nice slash or maybe dress one of the blue aces for some knee on knee action of Oshie—fucker lives a couple blocks from me, might do some donuts in his lawn.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Tue May 29, 2018 9:02 pm

I enjoy the people who say Tom Wilson turtles. Guy has probably turned down less than a handful of fights in his career. You act like he’s Brooks Orpik who made a career out of refusing to answer the bell.

Plus let’s not act like both sides didn’t get away with murder last night. NHL officiating has turned into NBA lite.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 30, 2018 3:24 pm

The officiating was terrible on both ends, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Wilson is a dirty, dirty punk and ought to be sitting the stands for three more games. And bear in mind, my opinion of Wilson is informed by what guys who have played with him as far back as Plymouth have said about him.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed May 30, 2018 4:20 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:The officiating was terrible on both ends, but that doesn't take away from the fact that Wilson is a dirty, dirty punk and ought to be sitting the stands for three more games. And bear in mind, my opinion of Wilson is informed by what guys who have played with him as far back as Plymouth have said about him.

what sort of things? did he used to fuck fat girls with pretty eyes or something?
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 30, 2018 6:45 pm

In that regard, yes, he was/is similar to Duchie. He also has apparently always been an asshole and a meathead. One particularly trenchant anecdote I have heard is that in juniors he was known for his cheap shots and attendantly known for declining the ensuing invitations from the enforcer class (the OHL not being run by a nebbishy former Proskauer partner had not and still allows actual fisticuffs and fighting amongst violent gentlemen).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:08 am

Finally. That's all i have.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:39 am

was it you who drunkenly posted on atl's blog taunting angry dick?

kudos to whoever it was, must've been some sort of hammered to travel over to that island of misfit commenters and post about someone from the nexus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:was it you who drunkenly posted on atl's blog taunting angry dick?

kudos to whoever it was, must've been some sort of hammered to travel over to that island of misfit commenters and post about someone from the nexus

Ha. Definitely not me. Throughout the playoffs i was not drinking during games (just a karma thing) so I was not hammered last night unfortunately. Cracked a couple afterwards but can't put them back like 25 year old me.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Was cheering for Vegas but was cool to see Ovi raise the Cup. Oshie's postgame interview got my living room pretty dusty. Weirdly, I thought it was the coolest to see Beagle raise it.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:58 pm

I am amused that I was bashed on a message board I barely ever visit and upon which I have never posted. Anyway, Putin is getting his day with the Stanley Cup and Gary Bettman achieved his dream of dragging Ovie over the finish line by creating a playoffs where the two best teams in the league were killed off by brutalizing each other in the 2nd round. I suppose their is some karma for Washington, given they were taken out under similar circumstances last year.

Anyway, Washington continues to sport the most stupid and ill informed fans in hockey. No number of Cups can change that fact. Anyway, Ovie has a couple years left in the tank, assuming he doesn't decide to check out soon and go try to win the KHL title for tens of millions of oligarch money, I will content myself with the knowledge that when he departs, Verizon will revert to the ghost town it was before his arrival (and Landover was before it) and I will no longer be provoked by morons from Maryland and Virginia who can't even skate bellowing in anger at some perceived refereeing malfeasance because they do not know what constitutes icing or are unaware that Tom Wilson hitting someone in the head from behind into the boards is actually illegal.

But hey, at least Orpik got a second Cup. Vinny Circiu was apparently unavailable for comment.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:22 pm

'they don't boo nobodies'
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BostonCollege1 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:But hey, at least Orpik got a second Cup. Vinny Circiu was apparently unavailable for comment.

Story?
BostonCollege1
McGuinn Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:52 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am amused that I was bashed on a message board I barely ever visit and upon which I have never posted. Anyway, Putin is getting his day with the Stanley Cup and Gary Bettman achieved his dream of dragging Ovie over the finish line by creating a playoffs where the two best teams in the league were killed off by brutalizing each other in the 2nd round. I suppose their is some karma for Washington, given they were taken out under similar circumstances last year.

Anyway, Washington continues to sport the most stupid and ill informed fans in hockey. No number of Cups can change that fact. Anyway, Ovie has a couple years left in the tank, assuming he doesn't decide to check out soon and go try to win the KHL title for tens of millions of oligarch money, I will content myself with the knowledge that when he departs, Verizon will revert to the ghost town it was before his arrival (and Landover was before it) and I will no longer be provoked by morons from Maryland and Virginia who can't even skate bellowing in anger at some perceived refereeing malfeasance because they do not know what constitutes icing or are unaware that Tom Wilson hitting someone in the head from behind into the boards is actually illegal.

But hey, at least Orpik got a second Cup. Vinny Circiu was apparently unavailable for comment.

Landover was certinaly not a ghost town in the late 80s and 90s until they moved. By no means did it sell out every night but they averaged 15,000-16,000 You know because they were a decent- good team most years. Funny how that works for most franchises -- when the team is good attendance is better. Those early 2000's teams were dog shit before Ovechkin arrived. Don't blame anyone for not paying $80 to watch Brian Pothier and Stephen Peat play every night.

Lemme know the next time MSG isn't half filled with empty suits and instead actual fans who know what's going on.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:53 pm

Most of the suits at MSG actually know the basic rules--something that eludes 95% of the attendees at Verizon Center and Joe B, for that matter. And that is fine, most of my friends are Caps band wagoners and I am happy to explain basic hockey concepts to them when I go to games with them (which I do every time the Rangers are in town and 2-3 other times per year). When I sat in the Caps family section a couple of times last year--my neighbor gave me his allotment--there was apparently a running gag amongst some of the Cap wives about how stupid the fans are at times with respect to understanding the game. And I am glad you admit that even decent Cap teams could not come close to selling out.

As for the Circiu reference, lets just say that Brooksie said the wrong thing to the wrong guy in Walsh Hall and took a beating for it that was apparently applauded by some of his teammates. With that said, I was told by a current Cap, who is a really good guy and the one I am actually happy for--that he, Orpik, is highly respected in the Caps locker room as evidenced by him getting the Cup after Ovie and Backstrom. Perhaps he has matured.

The bright spot in everything is that John Carlson will be gone after this year. On a roster of sandy vaginas, he was just fucking terrible. Maybe not as fajjety as Mike Green back in the day, but definitely in the same neighborhood.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink