Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:42 am

First it was slightly before my time Dick I knew what was happening but couldn't appreciate the finer points at the age of 7. I understand the argument but wouldn't you take the 1 in the bag versus the potential for a couple?

Don't have to hear those guidos (i can say that I'm an Ital) who celebrate championships in parking lots and anyone else chant 1940?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:45 am

In Richter's defense, I'm pretty sure he doesn't remember any of those events today.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:47 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:First it was slightly before my time Dick I knew what was happening but couldn't appreciate the finer points at the age of 7. I understand the argument but wouldn't you take the 1 in the bag versus the potential for a couple?

Don't have to hear those guidos (i can say that I'm an Ital) who celebrate championships in parking lots and anyone else chant 1940?

Yeah I'm sure that was just like a bunch of guidos chanting another year, oh, about 21 to 23 years before 1940.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:58 pm

Go after Rupp you bitch, as angry dick says the sooner he suffers a severe spinal cord injury the better
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Go after Rupp you bitch, as angry dick says the sooner he suffers a severe spinal cord injury the better

Rupp's not worth it for Lucic's time.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:59 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Go after Rupp you bitch, as angry dick says the sooner he suffers a severe spinal cord injury the better

Prefers women half his weight?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Prefers women half his weight?

Mike Rupp is a fourth liner that provides limited on-ice value. Milan Lucic is going to be a multiple 30-goal scorer. It's the same reason Chara isn't going to fight that useless excuse of a hockey player in John Scott. At least Prust has some special teams value.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:56 pm

Let's be honest for a minute.

#1 Chara isn't fighting John Scott for the same reason he used to avoid Boogaard like the plague. Scott is one of a limited number of human beings on the planet who actually is just as big and just as strong as the Circus Freak (and is a more accomplished pugilist) and if there is one thing anyone who has watched the Circus Freak since back in his days as an Islander knows it is that the Circus Freak does not deal well with pain when he is on the receiving end. The fiction that Chara ducked Scott because Scott is a talentless goon (as opposed to Chara realizing it is one of the few occassions where he is actually probably going to be on the losing end) is belied by the fact that Chara has a history of fighting no-talent goons and taking himself off the ice for long periods of time. Look, I'd love to have Chara on the Rangers. He eats great forwards up and he is capable of pummelling 99% of the goons in the league, but he showed that he does have a small yellow streak.

#2 Lucic once again decides to fight someone significantly smaller than he is (and duck someone who would drive his face through the back of his skull). Last I checked, Rupp has the same number of goals as Prust despite playing far less. The Fegget Serb didn't choose Prust because it was a more even trade from a talent perspective. He chose Prust because He had 30 pounds on him. And even then, Prust fought him to an inclusive draw. Milan Lucic needs to be made a parapalegic or get a blade raked across his cartoid artery. I actually kind of like the Bruins in that they are an Original Six team and they have a blood feud with the Canadiens, but Milan Lucic is the sort of cowardly sack of shit who makes anyone with a sense of justice pray for a charter plane crash. Also, he managed to make me like Kotsisystn, which just feels wrong. In the absence of impending paralysis or death, I will simply eagerly await his next encounter with Colton Orr and the hilarity that will ensue when he tries to climb the glass to get away and ends up a "pussy of the week" on the Grapevine.

#3 The Bruins have zero chance if they face the Rangers in the playoffs. I'm not sure who matches up worse--the Flyers or the Bruins, but both teams give off a vibe that they are just waiting around for something bad to happen to them when they are playing the Rangers. Watching the Bruins reaction to the tie breaker was hilarious. They almost looked like they thought the tying goal was too good to be true and that the game winner was to be expected. As a Ranger fan, it feels good to know that the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the conference have no chance of beating you in a seven game series. Now, if one of them would be kind enough to eliminate the Penguins and save the Rangers from having to poke that particular demon with a stick, that would be great.

#4 Turning away from the Rangers-Bruins tilt, the Flyers-Caps game could not have had a better outcome. The Caps lost and the most loathsome team in hockey with their gutless goon coach (in many ways, Dale Hunter was the Milan Lucic of his day--i.e., a cheap shot artist who never fought anyone his own size, although from what I understand, Hunter wasn't a wife beater like Milan), but Hartnell still managed to get knocked flat on his fucking head during an exceptionally ill-conceived fight.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:03 am

Another reason to hate Milan, he is repped by Cleon Daskalakis--fuckwad former BU goalie and noted scumbag. I suppose that scumbags all nest together so it is appropriate.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:18 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Let's be honest for a minute.

#1 Chara isn't fighting John Scott for the same reason he used to avoid Boogaard like the plague. Scott is one of a limited number of human beings on the planet who actually is just as big and just as strong as the Circus Freak (and is a more accomplished pugilist) and if there is one thing anyone who has watched the Circus Freak since back in his days as an Islander knows it is that the Circus Freak does not deal well with pain when he is on the receiving end. The fiction that Chara ducked Scott because Scott is a talentless goon (as opposed to Chara realizing it is one of the few occassions where he is actually probably going to be on the losing end) is belied by the fact that Chara has a history of fighting no-talent goons and taking himself off the ice for long periods of time. Look, I'd love to have Chara on the Rangers. He eats great forwards up and he is capable of pummelling 99% of the goons in the league, but he showed that he does have a small yellow streak.

#2 Lucic once again decides to fight someone significantly smaller than he is (and duck someone who would drive his face through the back of his skull). Last I checked, Rupp has the same number of goals as Prust despite playing far less. The Fegget Serb didn't choose Prust because it was a more even trade from a talent perspective. He chose Prust because He had 30 pounds on him. And even then, Prust fought him to an inclusive draw. Milan Lucic needs to be made a parapalegic or get a blade raked across his cartoid artery. I actually kind of like the Bruins in that they are an Original Six team and they have a blood feud with the Canadiens, but Milan Lucic is the sort of cowardly sack of shit who makes anyone with a sense of justice pray for a charter plane crash. Also, he managed to make me like Kotsisystn, which just feels wrong. In the absence of impending paralysis or death, I will simply eagerly await his next encounter with Colton Orr and the hilarity that will ensue when he tries to climb the glass to get away and ends up a "pussy of the week" on the Grapevine.

#3 The Bruins have zero chance if they face the Rangers in the playoffs. I'm not sure who matches up worse--the Flyers or the Bruins, but both teams give off a vibe that they are just waiting around for something bad to happen to them when they are playing the Rangers. Watching the Bruins reaction to the tie breaker was hilarious. They almost looked like they thought the tying goal was too good to be true and that the game winner was to be expected. As a Ranger fan, it feels good to know that the 2nd and 3rd best teams in the conference have no chance of beating you in a seven game series. Now, if one of them would be kind enough to eliminate the Penguins and save the Rangers from having to poke that particular demon with a stick, that would be great.

#4 Turning away from the Rangers-Bruins tilt, the Flyers-Caps game could not have had a better outcome. The Caps lost and the most loathsome team in hockey with their gutless goon coach (in many ways, Dale Hunter was the Milan Lucic of his day--i.e., a cheap shot artist who never fought anyone his own size, although from what I understand, Hunter wasn't a wife beater like Milan), but Hartnell still managed to get knocked flat on his fucking head during an exceptionally ill-conceived fight.

#1 The Bruins will have no problem with the Rangers in the playoffs. The only redeeming part of your hockey team is your goalie who I admit is quite good.

#2 Hartnell landed the only punch of the fight and then lost his balance.

Don't let me interrupt your crusade though, keep on going.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Let's be honest for a minute.

Excellent.

As I said about Lucic, when you're used to fighting women half your weight a 6-0, 190 guy is a huge step up in class :kudos to the "fegget serb" for stepping up. And Rupp isn't worth his time but Prust is? :laugh

On number 3 agreed. I'd love to see Philly in the playoffs. The Rangers are so deep in their head they always just wait for the other shoe to drop. No thanks on the Penguins.

Hartnell fixing his hair before the fight :whiteflag
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:49 am

Point 1 is literally the most retarded drivel I have read on this board outside of the Knife of Asia's posts. Yes, Zdeno Chara should take himself off the ice for 5 minutes when he is their best offensive and defensive defenseman because John Scott, a guy that doesn't have a position and probably plays less than 10 minutes a game. In a game that has been tied or a one-goal game the entire time. Brilliant logic right there. Of course the Rangers take that fight 10 times out of 10. To quote Mike Rupp, John Scott is fucking irrelevant. On every team he's been on. In every situation he's been on the ice. Thornton would fight him, sure, but to say he's not worth Chara's time is a flat out insult to Chara's time.

Edit: Regarding Lucic, I trust the opinion of 300+ hockey players more than a couple of Rangers fans that have watched a relatively small sample of Bruins games, so looks like we're going to have to agree to disagree on that one.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:34 am

That's tough Elvis, there's a ton of mindless drivel on this board.

Anywho at least Thomas didn't blame Obama? :shrug

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/03/05/tim-thomas-blames-madison-square-garden-lights-for-affecting-his-play/

Tim Thomas Blames Madison Square Garden Lights For Affecting His Play
March 5, 2012 10:15 AM

BOSTON (CBS) — The New York Rangers have the most points in the NHL and have 10 points more than any other team in the Eastern Conference, so clearly, they’ve got quite a bit working in their favor.

On top of stellar goaltending from Henrik Lundqvist, a solid defensive system from John Tortorella and a balanced scoring attack, the Rangers also have a bit of an advantage when it comes to their home building of Madison Square Garden. That’s at least what Bruins goalie Tim Thomas seems to believe.

Thomas was asked by the Boston Herald if he is ready for the increased workload that awaits if backup Tuukka Rask is injured significantly.

“Yeah,” he told the Herald. “Especially if I go to an arena with lights.”

The lighting at Madison Square Garden is definitely different from other NHL arenas, as is evidenced by its appearance even on television. Still, they haven’t prevented Lundqvist from leading the league in save percentage and shutouts this year.

Without getting too specific, Thomas also said things just weren’t right for him at MSG.

“Every [goal] was a screen or a weird, goofy bounce,” he told the Herald. “It wasn’t a normal game for a goaltender. Let’s put it that way.”

Thomas made just 13 saves on 17 shots. It was just the fifth time all year that he allowed four or more goals in a game, and the first time since Jan. 22, when he allowed five in Philadelphia.

Going back to the 2008-09 season, when he won his first Vezina Trophy, Thomas is 1-3-1 at Madison Square Garden with a .902 save percentage and 2.57 goals-against average.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 am

Thomas is a clown. At least he didn't say the puck dipped on him this time.

Edit: Apologies for the harshness. At least I qualified it somewhat.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Thomas is a clown. At least he didn't say the puck dipped on him this time.

What was originally posted? This is the message board where posters threaten to fedex to others' bosses, there's no shame
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Thomas is a clown. At least he didn't say the puck dipped on him this time.

What was originally posted? This is the message board where posters threaten to fedex to others' bosses, there's no shame

Oh, by qualify I just meant the Knife of Asia part. The remaining text is unedited. How dare you accuse me of being a coward.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Oh, by qualify I just meant the Knife of Asia part. The remaining text is unedited. How dare you accuse me of being a coward.

Ah my mistake.

SHOW ME THE LOGS!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

get room
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:03 pm

It may be "retarded", but it is true. I did a little reasearch and guess what? Chara has dropped the gloves on multiple occassions over the last four seasons in tight games with following world beating skill players--Riley Cote, Eric Goddard, Tim Jackman, Colton Orr, Arron Asham, Jody Shelley, Donald Brashear. If you go back a few more years, to Chara's Islander days, you can add Tie Domi and Darren Langdon to that list. Interestingly, there are interwebs clips of him declining fights with LaRaque and Boogaard which would suggest that his Europeaness comes out when the opponents are roughly his size.

And Epstein, you suck balls like every Washington DC professional sports franchise.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:It may be "retarded", but it is true. I did a little reasearch and guess what? Chara has dropped the gloves on multiple occassions over the last four seasons in tight games with following world beating skill players--Riley Cote, Eric Goddard, Tim Jackman, Colton Orr, Arron Asham, Jody Shelley, Donald Brashear. If you go back a few more years, to Chara's Islander days, you can add Tie Domi and Darren Langdon to that list. Interestingly, there are interwebs clips of him declining fights with LaRaque and Boogaard which would suggest that his Europeaness comes out when the opponents are roughly his size.

And Epstein, you suck balls like every Washington DC professional sports franchise.

And what was the context of those games? Were they one goal games like yesterday's? Or were they blowouts? Again, it's pointless to take himself off the ice for five minutes in a close game because some guy that can't skate wanted to fight him. Which is pretty much the only point I'm trying to make. Of course Scott goes for that fight. Of course Chara declines it. It's a net gain that takes your worst player off the ice for five minutes and gets the other team's best player off the ice for five minutes. I know you're not this stupid so I'll stop taking the bait after this post.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:04 pm

As I pointed out, each of the aforementioned fights occurred during 1 goal or tie games--there were about 15 other fights I was able to find where it was lopsided. I admittedly don't know the context of the fights he declined with LaRaques and the Dead Guy, my point was merely that if he went with Scott, it would not have been any different than a half dozen other fights he had--except that Scott is one of the few guys who could actually beat him in a fight.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby ryfarls on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Why would chara fight someone close to his size when all it would do, even if he fought to a draw Nevermind lost, would just amp up the other team and give them that much of an advantage? Because he doesn't want people to think hes a pussy?

You don't think the guys upstairs and behind the bench tell chara and lucic to pick their spots and not accept every fight so they stay in good health? They would be the highest paid and most valuable goons in the league if they obliged every tough guy who's fought his way up the ranks to the 4th line of the nhl.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 pm

I would guess the coaches tell them not to mix it up with no talent goons. With that said, as I posted, Chara clearly has succumbed to the temptation in the past. Interestingly, he has not succumbed to the temptation against guys who are as big and strong as him. That may be the smart move--in fact, it definitely the smart move--but considering Chara's penchant for cornering smaller guys and then beating the ever-living shit of them it deserves comment when he ducks guys who aren't easy marks.

As for Lucic, don't even bother defending him. He now has a reputation--as noted on NBC Sports and Hockey Night in Canada--as a guy who only fights when he has a significant size advantage. Go google Colton Orr and Milan Lucic and watch the clip and the commentary. Don Cherry never, ever badmouths the Bruins and he called Lucic a coward. And while there is obviously a lot of hyperbole from Cherry, it is hard to disagree with the assessment after Lucic starts begging the lineman to step in after Orr belts him in the mouth a couple of times. Even Milbury--another guy who'd rather kill himself then speak ill of his former team--called Lucic "gutless" and said "I'd say more, but I have to live here."
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I would guess the coaches tell them not to mix it up with no talent goons. With that said, as I posted, Chara clearly has succumbed to the temptation in the past. Interestingly, he has not succumbed to the temptation against guys who are as big and strong as him. That may be the smart move--in fact, it definitely the smart move--but considering Chara's penchant for cornering smaller guys and then beating the ever-living shit of them it deserves comment when he ducks guys who aren't easy marks.

As for Lucic, don't even bother defending him. He now has a reputation--as noted on NBC Sports and Hockey Night in Canada--as a guy who only fights when he has a significant size advantage. Go google Colton Orr and Milan Lucic and watch the clip and the commentary. Don Cherry never, ever badmouths the Bruins and he called Lucic a coward. And while there is obviously a lot of hyperbole from Cherry, it is hard to disagree with the assessment after Lucic starts begging the lineman to step in after Orr belts him in the mouth a couple of times. Even Milbury--another guy who'd rather kill himself then speak ill of his former team--called Lucic "gutless" and said "I'd say more, but I have to live here."

Except he doesn't. He typically fights guys relatively close to him in size, at least as documented by hockeyfights.com that I discussed a little bit ago when this came up again.

And regarding the move at the end if the game, McDonagh was holding the puck against the boards, LUCIC tried to get it loose, McDonagh shoved him and Lucic caught him pretty flush on the chin. That's what happens when you do that to someone that has a short temper. Of course Eddie O reacted like Lucic raped his teddy bear but I've gathered he has a decent anti-Bruibs bias so I don't take much stock in his analysis. I also think he's a hack, but that has nothing to do with his views of the B's.

And Colton Ord us the reason Lucic can't breathe correctly. Fucked his nose up pretty good.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:27 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I would guess the coaches tell them not to mix it up with no talent goons. With that said, as I posted, Chara clearly has succumbed to the temptation in the past. Interestingly, he has not succumbed to the temptation against guys who are as big and strong as him. That may be the smart move--in fact, it definitely the smart move--but considering Chara's penchant for cornering smaller guys and then beating the ever-living shit of them it deserves comment when he ducks guys who aren't easy marks.

I would argue that Chara is more valuable to his team than any other player is in the NHL. As a Bs fan, you don't want him fighting anyone.
Lucic is a very good player and as a Bs fan, you do not want him fighting the other team's goon.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:24 am

I don't disagree with either assessment. Chara is an amazing d-man and as I said earlier, I'd love to have him on the Rangers and if I were his coach I would want him to duck John Scott as well. With that said, it is funny that Chara, who is allegedly the strongest and toughest guy in the league seems to love to mix it up with the second-tier heavyweights but has no appetite for the occassional rumble with a fellow super heavy. Just an observation.

As for Lucic--and I have watched most of the Bruins games on the Center Ice package--I am beginning to think he is overrated as a talent. That isn't to say he isn't a good player, he is, but I think he is probably a homeless man's Kevin Stevens--i.e. his elite status is a product of the talent around him. Looking at this year versus last year, it seems likely his goal total will be down by at least 10%, his +/- which admittedly can be deceiving looks to be down by 66% and his penalty minute total looks like it will be up 20% if current projections hold. I think last year's 30 goal total was an abberation and he is more likely a 20-25 goals a year guy.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 am

He had like 6 ENGs last year and I'm pretty sure he has 0 or 1 this year so last year's number was admittedly skewed up. If he keeps producing at his current rate, the B's will get pretty good value out of his contract, which is a lot more than I can say I thought when he signed it.

Edit: Actual numbers are 5 ENGs to 0. CONTENT!
Last edited by flyingelvii on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:39 am

The Bruins have Darth Quaider to fight goons.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:43 am

There has been a lot of instability with the Krejci line due to the injuries to Horton and then Peverley this year. Accounting for the unusually high number of ENG goals last year, I think 27-30 goals is about par for Lucic (and, at 22 right now with 19 games to play, he'll probably indeed end up only a couple shy of 30). He's a asshole, but he's OUR asshole.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:50 am

The Bruins are adding Marty Turco as long as he clears waivers.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/marty-turco ... h-run.html

Also, here's a nice article about BC Guy Mike Mottau making it back to Boston:

http://www.necn.com/02/28/12/Mottau-Playing-for-Bruins-a-dream-come-t/landing_sports.html?blockID=659728&feedID=3352
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink