Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:35 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Greg Campbell is celebrating the Endless Summer of Dicks by showing off his large brass balls tonight.

Not sure if it came through on TV but the crowd gave Campbell and his balls a great salute for that effort.

As others of said, Seguin is useless.

nice subtle way of saying you were in the building last night :tophat

Right now, I wish I had not.
First game for me since the Tampa series. I never witnessed such long lines for the men's room. Also, the blaring music was unbearable. And $8 for a Boston Ale!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:30 pm

:oldman
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:48 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Greg Campbell is celebrating the Endless Summer of Dicks by showing off his large brass balls tonight.

Not sure if it came through on TV but the crowd gave Campbell and his balls a great salute for that effort.

As others of said, Seguin is useless.

nice subtle way of saying you were in the building last night :tophat

Right now, I wish I had not.
First game for me since the Tampa series. I never witnessed such long lines for the men's room. Also, the blaring music was unbearable. And $8 for a Boston Ale!

the bathroom lines in the rangers series were unbearable
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 pm

1. Hossa is very good;
2. The refs are very pro Chicago.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:17 am

set the bar pretty high with game 1
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:set the bar pretty high with game 1

I called it a night after the 1st OT, glad I did. Chicago is very good but the B's really blew this one.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am

started nodding off during the 2nd OT when play really slowed down, picked up in 3rd. puck went in at 1:00 on the dot

Seeing the Chicago dmen pinch at every opportunity throughout the game and not give up many odd many rushes is impressive. As you said in the first post, Hossa was a beast.

Horton injury killed them, for long stretches they were only going 3 lines & 2 pairings (Krug didn't play much).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:21 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:set the bar pretty high with game 1

I called it a night after the 1st OT, glad I did. Chicago is very good but the B's really blew this one.

The Bruins were outplayed in this game and did not deserve to win, but they should have won. Daugafuckface really blew that one chance a couple minutes before Chicago sealed the deal
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:39 am

The Bruins were outplayed for 2 periods. The Bruins were better in the first and absolutely fucking dominated OT despite being down a man.

Problem was that the Bruins played so shitty on the 2nd and 3rd that they gave away what should have been an easy walkover win. Thanks Torey Krug, I know you are a rookie, but you had 12,000 options with that puck. You chose option 11,999. 12,000 would have been to pick it up and go drop it in your own net.

Bruins lost because they played stupid hockey with a 3-1 lead in the third. The horrible bounces of the 3rd and 4th Hawks goals never should have happened.

Oh, and Kaspers Daugavins can turn an easy goal into a shit sandwich like no one I have ever seen. That was epic incompetence. I would have scored there, and I can barely skate.

P&S - that arena is dogshit. The ice is terrible and pucks don't bounce straight off of the board. Get it together Chicago.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby The Knife of Asia on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:11 pm

Krug looked more like a rookie liability. ALmost got his pocket picked coming around the net and coming out crossing in front, and two terrible cross ice outlet passes that led to a goal and a good scoring chance.

Daugavins played as smart as he looks. decided what he was going to do way before the puck got to him and could have tapped it in had he a semblance of awareness. Otherwise he is a big body with speed and showed some toughness with the puck. He had Paille syndrome in that hes just incapable of finishing.

We need to battle better in front of the net, crawford gives up alot of rebounds, Lucic just missed an easy putback...some bad breaks there.

I was worried early on when Krug struggled that it would hurt his confidence, and this team collapses when its not going full bore with confidence. Showed that in the 3rd period.

We miss Campbell alot, and will miss Horton too. Chris Kelly is a shell of whatever he once sorta was. Him and Seguin are terrified of contact. Someone needs to lay them both out so they can get over it and start battling.
The Knife of Asia
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:23 pm

Krug has sucked since late in the Pittsburgh series, only he was lucky enough to have McQuaid and Rask clean up his mistakes.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Seguin played really well last night and was actually doing a lot of battling. He's just snakebit with finishing right now.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 pm

Hopefully Horton will be okay by Saturday. I didn't realize it but it was pointed out last night that he currently has the best playoff +/- since Gretzky in '84-85.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 pm

The Knife of Asia {l Wrote}:
We miss Campbell alot, and will miss Horton too. Chris Kelly is a shell of whatever he once sorta was. Him and Seguin are terrified of contact. Someone needs to lay them both out so they can get over it and start battling.

That 4th line is ineffective without Campbell. Thorton played less than 10mins!
Any word on Horton's injury? I saw him leave and assume he never came back?
Last edited by DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Dreger said it wasn't as bad as it seems but he's doubtful for Game 2. Looked like a shoulder separation or something.

Edit: Officially listed as day-to-day with an upper body injury.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Agreed, looks like he threw out his shoulder. And based on what they were saying it was already hurt before last night
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eaglesmith on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:15 pm

As perhaps the only Hawks fan on the board, the complete lack of scoring chances on the power play (especially the 1:10 of the 5-on-3) has been a problem all season, really, until the last game of the Conference Finals. For a team this loaded offensively, I'm not sure what the problem is, but it will bite them in the ass if they don't get it resolved soon.

Saad, Hossa, Kane looked good last night. Roszival made some idiotic mistakes, but redeemed himself by firing off the GW and getting that double deflection. Bickell was invisible last night after being an unstoppable force the last two series. He'll be heard from. Crawford has been getting better and better all playoffs, which is good to see. Fewer soft goals and mental errors, though he's still likely to have a couple.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:22 pm

I'm glad this thread reached page 91 for Marc Savard.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:26 am

eaglesmith {l Wrote}:As perhaps the only Hawks fan on the board, the complete lack of scoring chances on the power play (especially the 1:10 of the 5-on-3) has been a problem all season, really, until the last game of the Conference Finals. For a team this loaded offensively, I'm not sure what the problem is, but it will bite them in the ass if they don't get it resolved soon.

Saad, Hossa, Kane looked good last night. Roszival made some idiotic mistakes, but redeemed himself by firing off the GW and getting that double deflection. Bickell was invisible last night after being an unstoppable force the last two series. He'll be heard from. Crawford has been getting better and better all playoffs, which is good to see. Fewer soft goals and mental errors, though he's still likely to have a couple.

I'm still trying to figure out why Kane and Sharp were so down low and not on their off-side during the 5-on-3. Basically mean the PK could focus on three guys up top knowing they weren't getting beat backdoor.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:57 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:started nodding off during the 2nd OT when play really slowed down, picked up in 3rd. puck went in at 1:00 on the dot

Seeing the Chicago dmen pinch at every opportunity throughout the game and not give up many odd many rushes is impressive. As you said in the first post, Hossa was a beast.

Horton injury killed them, for long stretches they were only going 3 lines & 2 pairings (Krug didn't play much).

It was nice not having Hossa playing last night. What happened to him? Hit by a puck?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Upper body injury but he was day-to-day going into warmups and couldn't go after testing his injury out. He is expected to be in the lineup tomorrow though.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:20 pm

With Hossa, I assumed it was some sort of female problem.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:49 am

No dog in the fight but figured this would bring the sides together.

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:39 am

I assumed that you would go here:

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 am

as an enjoyer of scanques, that photograph is very unflattering
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:30 am

Just further points out why wearing hockey jerseys is dumb.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:46 am

Especially since Massachusetts is ridiculously hot.

twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:43 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Especially since Massachusetts is ridiculously hot.

She goes to 11.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:57 pm

Why do people not like this Patrick Kane fella? Did he go to BU?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:55 am

I don't hate Kane, so can't speak to that. He did beat up a cabbie and is a drunk.

As for BU, he did use them as leverage when he signed on to play in Canada. He does party at BC though seemingly every year.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

PreviousNext