Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:04 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:The Bruins are adding Marty Turco as long as he clears waivers.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/marty-turco ... h-run.html

Also, here's a nice article about BC Guy Mike Mottau making it back to Boston:

http://www.necn.com/02/28/12/Mottau-Playing-for-Bruins-a-dream-come-t/landing_sports.html?blockID=659728&feedID=3352

Not sure Marty Turco has much left....
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:The Bruins are adding Marty Turco as long as he clears waivers.

http://www.nesn.com/2012/03/marty-turco ... h-run.html

Also, here's a nice article about BC Guy Mike Mottau making it back to Boston:

http://www.necn.com/02/28/12/Mottau-Playing-for-Bruins-a-dream-come-t/landing_sports.html?blockID=659728&feedID=3352

Not sure Marty Turco has much left....

More than Michael Hutchinson.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:13 pm

Crosby cleared for contact, could play as soon as Sunday vs Bs
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

And just like that the Penguins have probably become the favorites in the East. Malkin's in Beast Mode, Letang is still out, Fleury's been solid, Staal is back. If Letang gets back and at a good level, that team is so absurdly scary.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And just like that the Penguins have probably become the favorites in the East. Malkin's in Beast Mode, Letang is still out, Fleury's been solid, Staal is back. If Letang gets back and at a good level, that team is so absurdly scary.

Well I want to see Crosby play a full week but they are the most dangerous by far.

It's why it is crucial the Rangers stay #1. That 4-5 series is going to be brutal. No one trusts the SE winner so avoiding the Penguins if Crosby is healthy is key.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:47 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And just like that the Penguins have probably become the favorites in the East. Malkin's in Beast Mode, Letang is still out, Fleury's been solid, Staal is back. If Letang gets back and at a good level, that team is so absurdly scary.

Well I want to see Crosby play a full week but they are the most dangerous by far.

It's why it is crucial the Rangers stay #1. That 4-5 series is going to be brutal. No one trusts the SE winner so avoiding the Penguins if Crosby is healthy is key.

He did okay when he came back earlier this year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:18 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I really don't think Crosby makes it two weeks without getting hit again.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:00 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

This. I think Crosby has entered Eric Lindros territory in that he is fragile, people know he is fragile and people will be looking to hit him every chance they get. Furthermore, Crosby is a puck-carrier. That is what makes him special. Puck carriers tend to get hit a lot and when you combine that with his fragility the career actuarial chart says it is likely to end badly sooner rather than later. I would think it was a shame if I didn't think Cindy was such a loathsome dick. In a perfect world, Ovie would smash him while simultaneously blowing out his own knees.

I think I will be watching Crosby in much the same way I watched Pat LaFontaine during his comeback with the Rangers. LaFontaine was brilliant while he played and then he collided with his own teammate on a hit that every other player in the league would have skated away from without a scratch but which resulted in LaFontaine crumpling on the ice and never playing again.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:44 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

This. I think Crosby has entered Eric Lindros territory in that he is fragile, people know he is fragile and people will be looking to hit him every chance they get. Furthermore, Crosby is a puck-carrier. That is what makes him special. Puck carriers tend to get hit a lot and when you combine that with his fragility the career actuarial chart says it is likely to end badly sooner rather than later. I would think it was a shame if I didn't think Cindy was such a loathsome dick. In a perfect world, Ovie would smash him while simultaneously blowing out his own knees.

I think I will be watching Crosby in much the same way I watched Pat LaFontaine during his comeback with the Rangers. LaFontaine was brilliant while he played and then he collided with his own teammate on a hit that every other player in the league would have skated away from without a scratch but which resulted in LaFontaine crumpling on the ice and never playing again.

Provided that he is still alive and can still skate kind of and I have no reason to believe otherwise, it would be enjoyable for the Flyers to sign Scott Stevens to a minimal contract (I don't pretend to understand the CBA) just to head hunt Cindy on March 18.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:50 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Provided that he is still alive and can still skate kind of and I have no reason to believe otherwise, it would be enjoyable for the Flyers to sign Scott Stevens to a minimal contract (I don't pretend to understand the CBA) just to head hunt Cindy on March 18.

Ok, I guess I don't follow the NHL enough. Crosby is in the Lindros loathsome dick category? Lindros was one of the worst humans to ever play pro sports.
DomingoOrtiz
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:01 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Ok, I guess I don't follow the NHL enough. Crosby is in the Lindros loathsome dick category? Lindros was one of the worst humans to ever play pro sports.

I disliked Lindros (since about 1998) mainly because he was a coddled bitch with an overbearing father who interfered in all aspects of his life, but where does his inclusion in worst humans to play pro sports come from? I think Ty was referring to his similarly weak skull integrity, regardless.

Cindy is a whiny primadonna (like Lindros), who was told he would be the next Gretzky (like Lindros) since he was like 12, whose biggest fault is that the league wipes his ass for him (which it did not do for Lindros), cheated to get him and Malkin and Staal and Fleury on the same team so the franchise wouldn't fold. Probably most significantly he dives constantly, won't fight but has no issue taking cheap shots.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't like the Maple Leafs.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

I disliked Lindros (since about 1998) mainly because he was a coddled bitch with an overbearing father who interfered in all aspects of his life, but where does his inclusion in worst humans to play pro sports come from? I think Ty was referring to his similarly weak skull integrity, regardless.

Cindy is a whiny primadonna (like Lindros), who was told he would be the next Gretzky (like Lindros) since he was like 12, whose biggest fault is that the league wipes his ass for him (which it did not do for Lindros), cheated to get him and Malkin and Staal and Fleury on the same team so the franchise wouldn't fold. Probably most significantly he dives constantly, won't fight but has no issue taking cheap shots.

Crosby's problem might have also been his undiagnosed broken neck too, so it's hard to tell how much of this is concussion related and how much of it is neck recovery related. Remember, the first thing he complained about after the Caps game wasn't his head, but his neck.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Crosby's problem might have also been his undiagnosed broken neck too, so it's hard to tell how much of this is concussion related and how much of it is neck recovery related. Remember, the first thing he complained about after the Caps game wasn't his head, but his neck.

They're cagey about head injuries in general though, they said pronger had the flu then a knee injury before finally admitting a major concussion.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I don't like the Maple Leafs.

Is it because they don't have enough Ontario boys?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

They're cagey about head injuries in general though, they said pronger had the flu then a knee injury before finally admitting a major concussion.

Well the neck thing came from Crosby's people after he visited some guy in like January. They had missed it for like a solid year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:58 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

It's the feeling of entitlement by their fans and organIzation to be good. It's also why I don't like the Knicks and the Cowboys.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

It's the feeling of entitlement by their fans and organIzation to be good. It's also why I don't like the Knicks and the Cowboys.

If it means anything, I still hold onto the memories of Doug Gilmour and Felix Potvin from their run in '94. Damn you Kirk McLean.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:10 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

If it means anything, I still hold onto the memories of Doug Gilmour and Felix Potvin from their run in '94. Damn you Kirk McLean.

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:45 am

After the Asham goal they zoomed in on the bench to show him, saw a coach on the ipad watching video. Have never seen that before, pretty cool.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:23 am

Dear Brian Boyle:

You are very tall. Dave Steckel is very tall. Dave Steckel almost ended Cindy Crosby by skating by her and letting his elbows fly naturally. No penalty, no suspension, just the joy of wtaching Cindy stagger around for months trying to remember his own name. Maybe you could try the same.

Love,
The rest of the NHL
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:46 am

I wonder how many hits on Cindy it'll take before the first penalty is called Thursday night? 1? 2?

Not going to lie the little slump last week had me concerned about losing the Atlantic and staying out of that 4/5 matchup. Looks like Torts has found something in Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 am

I like seeing Atlantic Division folk get their panties all up in a bunch about Crosby. I find it quite amusing.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:25 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I like seeing Atlantic Division folk get their panties all up in a bunch about Crosby. I find it quite amusing.

Not all of us can play in the equivalent of the NL West.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:29 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I like seeing Atlantic Division folk get their panties all up in a bunch about Crosby. I find it quite amusing.

That would be hard-hitting if not for the Southeast, whose Capitals knocked out the mighty Rangers last year before getting swept away by the Lightning.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

That would be hard-hitting if not for the Southeast, whose Capitals knocked out the mighty Rangers last year before getting swept away by the Lightning.

The retort also makes no sense in the context of my response.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

The retort also makes no sense in the context of my response.

I thought the context of your post was in response to my post of being scared of losing the Atlantic not the officiating.

Different year, but Caps were the #1 seed facing a team that barely made the playoffs.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:38 am

It was in response to the general bitching about Crosby. Which I find amusing.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 am

I bitch about Crosby not because of his greatness, but rather that he is such a yippy fucking brat. He makes Gretzy look like a mute. Also, the dude is one of the cheapest players in the league and everyone knows it. I actually know Steckel pretty well. He roomed at the Ohio State University with one of my best friend's little brothers. Don't kid yourself for a second into thinking Steckel didn't know exactly what he was doing. Don't kid yourself into thinking the Caps--with a lot of support from the rest of the league--weren't prepared to release a lot of really embarrassing game tape if the league office had taken punitive action against Steckel (including a series of particularly noxious crotch shots delivered by Cindy to a nice cross section of checking line centers).

Anyway, I expect the Rangers will hold off the Pens and then I will wat for the epic collapse in the playoffs.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:58 am

I don't really disagree with anything you are saying, just noting how you folk are amusing me.

It was curious that the promo for the Pens-Whoever game this weekend on NBC Sports had nary a mention of Crosby. Usually not par for the course for the NHL, which loves to promote individual stars over, you know, teams and such.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink