Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:26 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:
It is not misery, just bemusing to see the level of your fucktardedness. Here is something short. I hope you get pancreatic cancer and die, but before you die I hope your house catches fire and you watch your children and wife (assuming you have one, perhaps I should have said life partner) burn to death. Then I hope you take a cruise with your remaining relations and loved ones and the boat sinks and they are all devoured by sharks before your eyes and that you expire from a combination of pancreatic cancer, being eaten by sharks, and exposure.

Ty is Home for the Holidays!

His Hallmark Christmas Special with Amy Grant and Debby Boone will be one tearjerker!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:02 pm

And thank you for proving my point Ty that you are, in fact, a miserable prick. This is actually quite fun knowing that I'm under your skin.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Not to be a buzzkill but glad to see this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Go Bruins!
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby angryty on Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:41 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And thank you for proving my point Ty that you are, in fact, a miserable prick. This is actually quite fun knowing that I'm under your skin.

Not in the least. You suck at life but that doesn't concern me. And by the way. Kettle. Pot. You are black.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:49 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Not to be a buzzkill but glad to see this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Go Bruins!

Not really Bruins related but I'm curious as to your thought on Ovie's knee-to-knee tonight. IMO he should get the same treatment as Laraque, seeing how this is his second kneeing penalty since the start of last year's playoffs. He's quickly going down that slippery slope from fun and excitable hockey player to supremely talented hockey player that's a giant douche.

Also, from everything I've read the Savard contract quoted about might be in the neighborhood of 7 or so years for $5 million AAV, give or take a couple hundred thousand. I thoroughly enjoy that contract.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:26 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Not to be a buzzkill but glad to see this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with hockey. Go Bruins!

Not really Bruins related but I'm curious as to your thought on Ovie's knee-to-knee tonight. IMO he should get the same treatment as Laraque, seeing how this is his second kneeing penalty since the start of last year's playoffs. He's quickly going down that slippery slope from fun and excitable hockey player to supremely talented hockey player that's a giant douche.

Also, from everything I've read the Savard contract quoted about might be in the neighborhood of 7 or so years for $5 million AAV, give or take a couple hundred thousand. I thoroughly enjoy that contract.

The Ovie hit was awful all together. I think sometimes he gets going so fast that he can't slow down and does something stupid, like last night. He's starting to develop the reputation as a dirty player, second ejection in three games. He def. should be suspended for a while for the hit and to be honest if he has to miss most or all of the season due to this incident because of injury it's his own fault. Although true, walking to the bus last night he wasn't using crutches, etc. and had a little limp, which indicates to me maybe it's just a knee bruise and not a torn ACL, etc.

The Savard contract is good because he can make 2 average wingers look good, and God knows we have plenty of average wingers. Sucks that Lucic will be out for a while but the B's are playing better hockey of late. I still think they should play Boychuk every night because he improves the offense dramatically from the point because at least he'll shoot the puck.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

Savard contract is 7 years $4.2 AAV. Thank you Marc.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:54 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Savard contract is 7 years $4.2 AAV. Thank you Marc.

With Savard, Krecji and Bergeron under control, we have three very good centers. Begin has been a steal also.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Now being reported as 7 years at a little over $28 million per LeBrun. Sweet sassy molassy. The anti-Tim Thomas contract. Press conference at 11:15 (or sometime around there) tomorrow.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Now being reported as 7 years at a little over $28 million per LeBrun. Sweet sassy molassy. The anti-Tim Thomas contract. Press conference at 11:15 (or sometime around there) tomorrow.

Once they lock him up, you can pretty much forget about making a move for a scorer at the deadline.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:08 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Meh, swiftness of word isn't exactly my strong suit. I also use too many parentheses. And I was addressing multiple points so I broke it into numerous paragraphs. 'Tis my style. But the sheer misery of your life that you project through your insults of me and others is quite amusing, however. I guess what I'm trying to say in as many words as possible just so I can prolong the misery you feel through reading this post is that you can go fuck yourself you miserable prick.

And I am aware that my hockey knowledge is vastly superior to BUCs and superior to EndlessMike's. The rest, I'm not so sure about as I haven't had inane interactions with them like I have had with these two. I can also decisively say, once again, that your life is miserable.

Edit: The Bruins front office hates its skill players.
http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/215348/savard-contract-were-getting-really-close
Bruins' forward Marc Savard said at practice Monday that he feels negotiations regarding a contract extension are close to coming to a head. "We're getting really close, so hopefully we're going to get it done because this is where I want to be," said the Bruins' leading scorer for the past three seasons.

It is not misery, just bemusing to see the level of your fucktardedness. Here is something short. I hope you get pancreatic cancer and die, but before you die I hope your house catches fire and you watch your children and wife (assuming you have one, perhaps I should have said life partner) burn to death. Then I hope you take a cruise with your remaining relations and loved ones and the boat sinks and they are all devoured by sharks before your eyes and that you expire from a combination of pancreatic cancer, being eaten by sharks, and exposure.

Flyingelvii is Sayso on ice skates. :toby
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Well tonight we score 7,and Kessel does absolutely nothing,and looks like he wants to cry at the end of the game with fans jeering at him. Bring on Taylor Hall! :banana
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:48 am

Leafs have too much offense between Hagman and Kessel to get the number 1 (unless Gustavasson is gone for a while and they have to go with the McDonald-Toskala tandem of suck) IMO but Kessel was absolutely awful tonight. He had one good shot in the second period but he was on the ice for the first three goals (maybe more...I forget) and I'm pretty sure he had a direct role in giving up the first two. Quite disappointing to see him regress that much when the inmates run the asylum.

And words cannot describe how much Tim Thomas sucks. Free Tuukka. And, my God, Paille is so incredibly awesome. Fits in perfectly on the 4th while Bitz is on the first, is absolutely incredible on the PK, and should fit nicely probably with Bergy when Looch comes back. I still love this trade and probably more so now than before.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Leafs have too much offense between Hagman and Kessel to get the number 1 (unless Gustavasson is gone for a while and they have to go with the McDonald-Toskala tandem of suck) IMO but Kessel was absolutely awful tonight. He had one good shot in the second period but he was on the ice for the first three goals (maybe more...I forget) and I'm pretty sure he had a direct role in giving up the first two. Quite disappointing to see him regress that much when the inmates run the asylum.

And words cannot describe how much Tim Thomas sucks. Free Tuukka. And, my God, Paille is so incredibly awesome. Fits in perfectly on the 4th while Bitz is on the first, is absolutely incredible on the PK, and should fit nicely probably with Bergy when Looch comes back. I still love this trade and probably more so now than before.

Not sure Toronto is bad enough to get #1 overal. Paille is awesome, especially compared to Kobasew. Lastly, we all know Phil Kessel, he scores goals which is all fine and good but defense? Eh, not so much.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:53 pm

bceagles24 {l Wrote}:Well tonight we score 7,and Kessel does absolutely nothing,and looks like he wants to cry at the end of the game with fans jeering at him. Bring on Taylor Hall! :banana

Congrats on the win. I hope you don't mind my asking, but which member of the Bruins are you?

I'm as hopeful as anyone that this keeps up, but I'd caution others against getting ahead of themselves, since the seven goals came against Phill Kessel's team and Phil Kessel is the worst defensive hockey player on the planet, which is really too bad since he's paid millions of dollars to play defense.

Phil Kessel has more goals in 16 games (10) than anyone on the Bruins has in 29 games, but goals are a meaningless stat and I know nothing about hockey so ignore that statistic.

Anyway, let's put this whole Kessel debate to bed for a moment and shift gears. I know everyone who has bothered to post on this thread likes the Bruins. I do, Elvis does, Mike does, etc. So we're all in the same boat here. I'm curious to get a gauge of how you guys think the Bruins will do come playoff time, since that's what really matters.

I've said all along that I don't really care how they do in the regular season. If they finish 8th and make the Finals, I'd view that as a more successful season than finishing 1st and losing to Carolina in the 2nd round. I think we all agree there.

So having said that, I see a Bruins team that has, so far this year, compiled an 1-4 record against the Capitals, Penguins, and Devils (the three major challangers for the East), and a team that despite it's record boasts a goal differential of +4, not exactly inspiring. I know the season isn't even at the half way mark, and it's a small sample size, but it's still concerning.

So my question is: do you honestly think that this Bruins team can make the Stanley Cup? I think the answer is no, hence my anger towards the FO. Feel free to disagree, just try to bring something more to that table than "youz and mike don't kno nuthin about nuthin go Krejci ool" and I'll try to tone down the sarcasm a bit.

:ace

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:32 pm

Well here are a couple of points.

With Lucic and Savard they didn't lose a game and were playing very well. The injuries are what hurt this team,and that is what we have said from the beginning,but that was shot down because the amazing Kessel isn't here anymore so we can't possibly be good. Savard has been on fire and has 7 points in the last 7 games including 4 goals. Rask has been great in net,and it is is confusing why they are playing Thomas because he has been very streaky. Wheeler has been picking up his scoring,and has been playing very well lately. In 14 games Savard has 8 goals so your thing about Kessel having 10 in 16 could be completely irrelavant soon. Bergeron has been very good this year with 23 points,and he actually plays defense as well. You would never see Kessel on the ice trying to block a shot. If this team is healthy,and Rask keeps it up like I think he will I do think this team could win the Stanley Cup.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:27 pm

When healthy, they definitely are in the top 4 in the East, especially now that Savard is back and Krejci is starting to play like the Krejci of last year again. When he's on he can truly carry a line. Wheeler has been the most impressive forward all year, with the exception of Bergeron, as he's really starting to embrace his physicality and the advantages it brings him. Bergeron is a force. Incredible in all three zones and has the ability to shut down opposing centers and put points on the board. Great to see the Bergy of old back. The 4th line is probably one of the top ones in hockey. Just three solid guys that wear opponents down all game long, even if they don't get on the score sheet often. Sturm and Ryder are streaky players and Sturm is in one of said streaks now. Ryder hasn't been too good this year but I'm hoping it's a repeat of last year's start. If he never gets on a streak, though, he'll be considered a huge disappointment as he's basically been an okay 3rd-liner this year. Sobotka's been meh so far. Recchi's been better since he's been asked to do less. I'd like them to add a winger at the deadline. Not sure who's on the market but IIRC they can add someone with about a $6-6.5 AAV contract and fit under the cap.

Defensively, they are still incredibly strong. Paille has turned into Axe 2.0 with more of a scoring touch. It is no coincidence that the PK has become one of the best in the league since his arrival. I do have concerns about the PP. They seem to be clicking a bit more, and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with the fact that they finally have definitive lines, but they don't seem to be moving around a ton, which means that there aren't a lot of open lanes for good quality shots. Claude's a good coach so I hope he'll do something about that but it's discouraging that about a fourth of the season's over and they're still struggling so much.

In terms of the actual defense, Chara is starting to get back to his normal self, though something still seems off. Wides has regressed a little this year. Not sure what to make of that as, when he's on, he's a damn good overall defenseman. Stuart has really taken the next step this year and, while he doesn't provide much offense, he's almost as solid as solid as Z in his own end. Ference struggled early but is becoming his solid self again. I'm still waiting for the injury to hit him. Haven't noticed Morris much the past few games, which is not necessarily a bad thing but he should be a good PP contributor and to this point he's been mediocre. I have noticed that he is a magician using his stick defensively though. Hunwick has been a vast void of suck lately and Boychuk didn't impress me much the other night but he is rust as hell. There could be a big problem if one of the top 5 get hurt.

I hate Tim Thomas and the contract Chia gave him so I won't delve into anything about him. IMO he's the big component that will hold the B's back in the playoffs. Rask is good but I always temper myself with rookies. It's too early to give him the starting spot, which is why it is nice to have Tim Thomas. The Bruins haven't had good luck with good rookie goalies that are good in their first year (Toivenen (sp?) and Raycroft come to mind). But as of now, Tuukka has grossly outperformed Thomas. And it's not even close.

So in conclusion, I do believe they are Cup contenders. They don't have the top end depth of say a Pittsburgh or Washington but their overall depth is incredible. They are one of the deepest teams in terms of center depth, with all four guys very solid defensively and three of them able to regularly put up points. Winger depth is a little weak and probably my biggest place of concern. If those guys continue to struggle then that would temper my expectations, but again, this team has shown it can grind out the 1-0, 2-1 wins. They are just an incredibly solid defensive team with the only real defensive liability on offense being Recchi. Defensive depth concerns me as well as Wideman. If he doesn't start to show something I'll be more concerned than I am right now. Season's still early so it is hard to know what to expect with injuries and all, but this past run has given me more encouragement than the beginning of the year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:04 am

You're going to find out everything you want to know about the Bruins in the next three weeks. All starts tonight with a tough game at Philly. Even with all the chaos the B's are still in 5th in the East which is fine.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're going to find out everything you want to know about the Bruins in the next three weeks. All starts tonight with a tough game at Philly. Even with all the chaos the B's are still in 5th in the East which is fine.

Game is at home. The Flyers have been playing atrociously (same number of points as Toronto, yikes), especially for such a talented team. With Emery, Gagne, and Carcillo out, plus the commotion that came with the coaching change, I'll be disappointed if the B's fail to get two points. IMO, a win is especially important with all the away games coming up later in December.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:You're going to find out everything you want to know about the Bruins in the next three weeks. All starts tonight with a tough game at Philly. Even with all the chaos the B's are still in 5th in the East which is fine.

Game is at home. The Flyers have been playing atrociously (same number of points as Toronto, yikes), especially for such a talented team. With Emery, Gagne, and Carcillo out, plus the commotion that came with the coaching change, I'll be disappointed if the B's fail to get two points. IMO, a win is especially important with all the away games coming up later in December.

Good point on the game being at home missed that one. An important 3 weeks coming up. BigNick is slowly becoming my favorite poster on here.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:30 am

A good effort in the first two periods (up 1-0 plus a crappy disallowed goal) was followed up by a crappy third period effort in which the Bs quickly surrendered the lead. Thomas played very well I thought, making 30+ saves, despite giving up two goals in the 3rd. He was let down by his teammates.

On a side note, is there anyone who actually likes Scottie Hartnell....Flyers fans? His family? He's out there to irritate the shit out of the opposition, and he's an decent scorer as well. But, he's always taking penalties at bad times and he disappears late in the season and in the playoffs. I just don't get what his deal is.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:43 am

Instead of offering commentary on games, I will simply use emoticons to display my emotions. On days (like today) where a face simply won't do, I'll try to get creative. So, today's offering is

:thehjs

Which serves as a replacement for "score some goddamn goals".

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:Instead of offering commentary on games, I will simply use emoticons to display my emotions. On days (like today) where a face simply won't do, I'll try to get creative. So, today's offering is

:suicide would also work.

Through 32 games, how Sturm is our leading goal-scorer with 9 and Zdeno "I like to get naked and pose for photos" Chara is our leading assist man with 17 is beyond me. Yet, I still have very little doubt that we'll win our shitty division. We're still only a couple of points out.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:03 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:Instead of offering commentary on games, I will simply use emoticons to display my emotions. On days (like today) where a face simply won't do, I'll try to get creative. So, today's offering is

:suicide would also work.

Through 32 games, how Sturm is our leading goal-scorer with 9 and Zdeno "I like to get naked and pose for photos" Chara is our leading assist man with 17 is beyond me. Yet, I still have very little doubt that we'll win our shitty division. We're still only a couple of points out.

Sweet we scored 1 goal against the immoral Brian Boucher. We need Lucic back because the team as a whole was scoring far more with him in the line-up. If you've got one up your sleeve Peter Chirelli, sooner would be better than later.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Flyers getting waxed in Philly tonight. Bs may have issues, but at least they're not Montreal.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:25 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Flyers getting waxed in Philly tonight. Bs may have issues, but at least they're not Montreal.

Or Toronto.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:49 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:Flyers getting waxed in Philly tonight. Bs may have issues, but at least they're not Montreal.

Or Toronto.

Or Carolina. When they played the Caps on Friday Night, they actually looked decent but their record would indicate otherwise. Worst team I've seen (unfortunately 3 times) is the Islanders. They are just flat out awful, Roloston bails them out of so many games. Florida didn't exactly light my fire either.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:43 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Or Toronto.

Or Carolina. When they played the Caps on Friday Night, they actually looked decent but their record would indicate otherwise. Worst team I've seen (unfortunately 3 times) is the Islanders. They are just flat out awful, Roloston bails them out of so many games. Florida didn't exactly light my fire either.

I give the Canes a pass because of the Staal and Ward injuries. They're not this bad. And I just hate how the B's can't figure out the Isles. And the games suck really, really bad. They're brutal to watch.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:18 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Or Toronto.

I give the Canes a pass because of the Staal and Ward injuries. They're not this bad. And I just hate how the B's can't figure out the Isles. And the games suck really, really bad. They're brutal to watch.

Speaking of the Canes, they put Aaron Ward on waivers. I wonder where he ends up.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 pm

We have a David Krecji sighting tonight!! 1-0 B's after 1. Glad this game is on NHLN, one of the few times I get to see the Bruins today here without it being on Hockey Night in Canada or having to vulture the feed at the Verizon Center from the Capitals.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink