Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Anyone watching this game want to dispute the fact that Lucic is a fucking koont? Hot and bothered to fight McDonough--who I am pretty sure I could beat up--but runs like a koont when Prust steps up and asks him if he wants to go. I think they gave him an unsportsmanlike conduct just because he was so feuggety during that exchange. And then it bites the Bruins in the ass as the 4 on 4 leads to a Ranger goal. Even Jack Edwards appears to be disgusted with Lucic.

With that said, I'd love to have the Brat on the Rangers. His speed is filthy.

Also, if Lundqvist isn't the Hart/Vezina Trophy winner and Girardi isn't the Norris Trophy winner, there ought to be a shit storm.

Was that at the start of the third? Missed the first five minutes so can't really comment on that one. The Staal incident earlier was well deserved ire IMO.

Lundqvist, like Cam Ward, owns the B's. I think they said he has five SOs against them in his career coming into this game.

And the Rangers are pretty much the only Eastern Conference team that scares me from the B's perspective since they essentially play the same style. Going to be interesting to see what the B's do at the deadline. There's been murmurs about Knuble but it looks like they need something a little more. They've been off ever since Horton was hurt and Peverly was forced to the first line. Completely destroyed the flow of the third line, which was just getting into a groove chemistry-wise, since Caron is probably a year away, at least.

Edit: Joe Corvo deserves to die a long and slow death. I hate him.

Edit 2: Lundqvist is 18-5-2 against the B's with 6 SOs and a .950 sv %. Ridiculous.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Yeah. Start of the third. About three minutes in. There was a tangle down along the bench. Lucic went after McDonough (who had previously scored and was playing a strong game to that point--coming off a strong game as well). I get why he would do that, makes perfect sense. But then Prust steps between Lucic and McDonough and, if my lip reading is any good, said something to the effect of "wanna go bitch?" Lucic stepped behind two of his teammates and skated towards the bench while barking at Prust. You could literally see the reaction of the other B's on the bench. Julien was clearly pissed and one of the B's was in Lucic's ear as he was skated off to the penalty box. About 30 seconds later the Rangers ran a perfect tic-tac-toe 4 pass advance that left Thomas naked and forced to pick his poison on what was a 2 on 0 in front of crease. You or I could have buried it.

Joe Corvo is an awful human being, but I suppose he and Lucic can trade stories about women they have punched in the face. Is Corvo a filthy Serb as well?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:40 am

I don't think so but he is this:
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:45 am

Excellent playoff type game for the Rangers.

Starts with Lundqvist between the pipes, he gives you more than a shot every night. Add in amazing team defense, that jackass Edwards was commenting on it the entire night that everyone has bought into the idea on D and blocking shots. It made it tough for the Bs to get many good looks. Add in opportunistic offense (gorgeous powerplay goal, lucky bounce, and ill timed jump by the Bs on 4 on 4) bam 3-0.

As you said earlier, the sooner Lucic suffers a severe spinal cord injury the better.

Yeah Marchand just keeps coming every shift, him and Callahan got into it a little in the first. I can't stand him but he just never stops, kudos for him.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:34 am

And that is why the Rick Nash thing is stupid. This team is built right now for the playoffs. Last night was basically a perfect road game and the exact type of game Stanley Cup winners play. I would have thought the Rangers would have learned during the Jaromir Jagr/Czechmate era of five years ago that being a high scoring team doesn't matter much when the whistles get swallowed during the playoffs. It is far more preferrable to be a team that is comfortable in a 1-0 game then being a team that needs to score 4 to assure a win.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh Marchand
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:56 pm

It looked like he hit him in the ass from the video I watched on my phone but who knows. Of course there was no injury or bounty called on him by the Habs coach (doubly ironic that a Canucks coach made such a comment...must not remember Marc Crawford and his impending trial) so who knows. Taking injury into effect is completely stupid in about 95 percent of the cases but that's a rant for another day. It's not a players fault that, say, Andrei Markova is made from tissue paper.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:59 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:It looked like he hit him in the ass from the video I watched on my phone but who knows. Of course there was no injury or bounty called on him by the Habs coach (doubly ironic that a Canucks coach made such a comment...must not remember Marc Crawford and his impending trial) so who knows. Taking injury into effect is completely stupid in about 95 percent of the cases but that's a rant for another day. It's not a players fault that, say, Andrei Markova is made from tissue paper.

No suspension, not surprising.

Stupid play by a stupid player but I have a feeling you're right -much of these penalties are derived from severity of injury not consistency.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:37 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:It looked like he hit him in the ass from the video I watched on my phone but who knows. Of course there was no injury or bounty called on him by the Habs coach (doubly ironic that a Canucks coach made such a comment...must not remember Marc Crawford and his impending trial) so who knows. Taking injury into effect is completely stupid in about 95 percent of the cases but that's a rant for another day. It's not a players fault that, say, Andrei Markova is made from tissue paper.

No suspension, not surprising.

Stupid play by a stupid player but I have a feeling you're right -much of these penalties are derived from severity of injury not consistency.

I get using that criteria when it's a blatant hit with blatant intent to injure (Bertuzzi, McSorely, Hunter, to name a few) but most of the times it's a reactionary play that just happens and has a pretty bad consequence with minimal intent. It may be a stupid play but most with illegal hits, the guys aren't likely going into the hit thinking about injuring the guy. Hockey's played at an extremely fast pace and shit happens sometimes.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:11 pm

FWIW Lucic was voted the toughest player in the CBC poll of a little over 300 players. He got 20%, Z got 17% and Thornton got 11%, with McGratten, Carkner and Parros rounding out the rest of top six.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:28 am

Bs @ Sabres tonight, could be some fireworks.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:44 am

Or more of Ryan Miller acting like a whiny little bitch. But that's come to be expected every game.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:48 am

The Sabres don't have any tough guys, so I don't expect much.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:07 am

Dustin Brown is on the market. Apparently the price is a young defenseman and a secondary scorer but I'm sure there's some wiggle room there. I will have a massive erection if the B's get him.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:16 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Dustin Brown is on the market. Apparently the price is a young defenseman and a secondary scorer but I'm sure there's some wiggle room there. I will have a massive erection if the B's get him.

That's ghey
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Dustin Brown is on the market. Apparently the price is a young defenseman and a secondary scorer but I'm sure there's some wiggle room there. I will have a massive erection if the B's get him.

From ESPN Insider:

Forward Dustin Brown of the Los Angeles Kings is apparently on the market.

TSN's Bob McKenzie suggests the Boston Bruins, Buffalo Sabres, Edmonton Oilers, New Jersey Devils, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers, Toronto Maple Leafs and Vancouver Canucks are "amongst teams with high levels of interest in Brown."

In McKenzie's personal opinion, the Kings are willing to trade Brown because he's more valued as a player than as the team's captain. And it's only a matter of time before Mike Richards is anointed with the "C".

There's talk the Kings would want a solid, young defenseman and top-six forward in return.

ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun proposes the Kings could offer Brown to the Maple Leafs for defenseman Luke Schenn and forward Matt Frattin, but that price might be "too rich" for GM Brian Burke.

This makes sense following the Carter trade to LA last night.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:55 am

Fuck the Rangers but damn if that move Cally put on that baby maker of a goalie Miller wasn't nice.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 am

McDonagh made a lot of that play as well. Bringing attention towards the wing allowing Callahan 1 on 1.

Who needs Nash :D
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Bruins acquire Brian Rolston and Mike Mottau.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Also Boychuck has a concussion
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:29 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Also Boychuck has a concussion

Bruins pick up Gren Zanon from Minnesota as a short-term replacement for Boychuk.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Good work by Chia at the deadline. Rolston is filler so we don't have to suffer through the likes of Hennessy, Hamil and Camper, Mottau will probably fill in a Hnidy-esque role and Zanon is a good 5/6 depth guy that will block a boatload of shots. Can't say I'm disappointed seeing the prices some guys were going for.

Buffalo got a good haul back. Hodgson's a good player though it will be interesting to see him in BuffaLOL's offense instead of Vancouver and in no world is Paul Gaustad worth a first round pick, yet that's what they received.

Edit: Quite fitting that the page moves to 78 on the day Brian Rolston gets reacquired.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:03 pm

whoever had the under on 2 minutes for Doc to give his first BC reference you win
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:16 pm

Clarkson say hello to Shanahan
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:14 am

I am actually excited that Holmgren didn't trade away young players for a third headcase Russian goalie (Khabibulin) or any other goalie for that matter so that we could have 50 Million dollars of Ilya Bryzgalov sitting on the bench. This is the state of my sport's interests.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:29 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I am actually excited that Holmgren didn't trade away young players for a third headcase Russian goalie (Khabibulin) or any other goalie for that matter so that we could have 50 Million dollars of Ilya Bryzgalov sitting on the bench. This is the state of my sport's interests.

The Ilya situation is problematic.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:I am actually excited that Holmgren didn't trade away young players for a third headcase Russian goalie (Khabibulin) or any other goalie for that matter so that we could have 50 Million dollars of Ilya Bryzgalov sitting on the bench. This is the state of my sport's interests.

The Ilya situation is problematic.

I would hate to have a guy like Lundkqvist tied up in that type of contract, nevermind a mediocre nut like Ilya. The worst part is that even if the new CBA still has amnesty provisions we have brain damaged zombie Pronger and his albatross of a contract to deal with.

Fortunately, they have Comcast pockets, so they may be able to amnesty Ilya (for like 30 million dollars) and put Pronger on the LITR for half a decade. Good times.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am second to none in my hatred of Ovie. Hell, I even have the misfortune of owning a property a block down from the two homes he built for himself and his parents on 16th Street in Arlington and the renters are forever complaining about him and his $500K batman car racing around the quiet neighborhood at 100 mph. With that said, Neil is a faking piece of shit. In a perfect world, Ovie and Neil would collide at top speed and concuss each other so that neither ever played again. And this Caps team is the worst collection human beings ever assembled (with the exception of Halpern and Laich) and are now coached by a cowardly cheap shot artist (anyone ever see Dale Hunter fight another "tough guy" during his career? Hell, he wasn't even man enough to take on Pierre Turgeon without Pearl Harboring him from behind after the goal was scored). I loved George McPhee as a player--beating Dave Brown into a near coma was enough for me to think he was awesome--but he is an awful GM and the team is pure dogshit. As Caps fans are the most fair weathered this side of Phoenix, I imagine that it will be very easy to scalp cheap tickets at the Verizon Center come February when it is readilly apparent that they aren't going to recover.

242 :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/caps-gm-admits-ovechkin-has-played-at-242-pounds/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Clarkson say hello to Shanahan

He wasn't suspended. He couldn't be, because Turris' hit on Saturday (no suspension) was similar bur worse.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 118&spln=1
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:48 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I am second to none in my hatred of Ovie. Hell, I even have the misfortune of owning a property a block down from the two homes he built for himself and his parents on 16th Street in Arlington and the renters are forever complaining about him and his $500K batman car racing around the quiet neighborhood at 100 mph. With that said, Neil is a faking piece of shit. In a perfect world, Ovie and Neil would collide at top speed and concuss each other so that neither ever played again. And this Caps team is the worst collection human beings ever assembled (with the exception of Halpern and Laich) and are now coached by a cowardly cheap shot artist (anyone ever see Dale Hunter fight another "tough guy" during his career? Hell, he wasn't even man enough to take on Pierre Turgeon without Pearl Harboring him from behind after the goal was scored). I loved George McPhee as a player--beating Dave Brown into a near coma was enough for me to think he was awesome--but he is an awful GM and the team is pure dogshit. As Caps fans are the most fair weathered this side of Phoenix, I imagine that it will be very easy to scalp cheap tickets at the Verizon Center come February when it is readilly apparent that they aren't going to recover.

242 :shock: :shock: :shock:

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/01/caps-gm-admits-ovechkin-has-played-at-242-pounds/

Yup. I was listening to the Steve Czaban show when he made that admission. Of course, he claimed that he was back down to 228, but having seen Ovie at Central a couple of weeks ago, I think it is safe to say that he is 228 + 14. He is pudgy.

On a separate note, does Lundqvist pay taxes on Fatso Brodeur the sister-fucker? 22-6-5. Unbelievable. It almost makes up for how horrible Mike Richter was against the Devils for most of his career. Here's a separate note for discussion amongst the hockey cognescetti familiar with the Rangers of the 90s. I maintain that the Rangers made a horrendous error when they got rid of Van Beezer and kept Mike Richter. If you look at the body of work, Richter basically played well in one playoff--the 94 run, and even there he did so while backstopping a team that was head and shoulders better than anyone else in the league. In contrast, Beezer carried a terrible Ranger team to a conference finals in 86 and kept the Rangers in that series against a vastly superior Canadiens team that was backstopped by a nearly unconcious Patrick Roy. He followed that up by backstopping the 96 Panthers--probably the worst team ever to make a Cup final--on an absolutely improbable run. In the finals, the Panthers got swept but lost Beezer stood on his head in three games, including the epic triple OT 1-0 loss in Game 4.

Aside from the fact that Richter is an America-hating limosine communist, the fact is, by any objective measure, he was a medicore goalie. Also, the abortion he produced during the 88 Olympics--on paper, far and away the most talented amateur USA olympic team ever assembled--is enough reason to hate him. When he blew the 5-1 lead against Czechoslovakia and let the Russians hang 7 on him (while Leetch, Janney and company gamely scored 6 on the "best goalie in the world") are reason enough to hate him. Hell, the piece of shit gave up six goals against Austria (and was fortunate the team scored 10).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink