Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:02 am

So the Pens look pretty good huh
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:04 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:So the Pens look pretty good huh

Yeah they might not lose
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:38 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And just like that the Penguins have probably become the favorites in the East. Malkin's in Beast Mode, Letang is still out, Fleury's been solid, Staal is back. If Letang gets back and at a good level, that team is so absurdly scary.

TIMESTAMPED!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:17 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:And just like that the Penguins have probably become the favorites in the East. Malkin's in Beast Mode, Letang is still out, Fleury's been solid, Staal is back. If Letang gets back and at a good level, that team is so absurdly scary.

TIMESTAMPED!

REFIRE!!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:13 pm

Its beginning to look like the Rangers will hold on. BTW, anyone catch Cindy Crosby's incredibly cheap and dangerous cross check/boarding on Marty Reasoner. I am hoping the Islanders will suit up Haley and Gilles tonight and do to Cindy what they did to Max Talbot last year.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:37 pm

I'll be rooting for Flo-rida in their first playoff series.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Its beginning to look like the Rangers will hold on. BTW, anyone catch Cindy Crosby's incredibly cheap and dangerous cross check/boarding on Marty Reasoner. I am hoping the Islanders will suit up Haley and Gilles tonight and do to Cindy what they did to Max Talbot last year.

That loss to the fish sticks hurt big time, I did see the Crosby hit. I don't care what people say some have been afraid to hit him since he came back

I haven't looked at the schedules but hopefully the sabres can pass Ottawa
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:13 pm

Absolutely correct. My brother was at the Rangers-Pens game and he said that there were two occassions when the Rangers could have buried Crosby with a perfectly legal hits and they pulled up both times. I have to believe that the league office has circulated something warning of dire consequences for hitting Cindy. With that said, after what Cindy did to Reasoner, if I am the Islanders I would dare the league office to do something about it.

That is the untold story of last year's interaction with the Caps. Steckel did it on purpose in retalliation for some disgusting cheap shit Crosby did. George McPhee basically dared the league to do something about it. Cindy has got a horrible reputation amongst the players.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Absolutely correct. My brother was at the Rangers-Pens game and he said that there were two occassions when the Rangers could have buried Crosby with a perfectly legal hits and they pulled up both times. I have to believe that the league office has circulated something warning of dire consequences for hitting Cindy. With that said, after what Cindy did to Reasoner, if I am the Islanders I would dare the league office to do something about it.

That is the untold story of last year's interaction with the Caps. Steckel did it on purpose in retalliation for some disgusting cheap shit Crosby did. George McPhee basically dared the league to do something about it. Cindy has got a horrible reputation amongst the players.

I think it was Staal that had him lined up in the corner with a chance to put a good clean hard check on him and passed it up

A flyers pens first rounder would be fun
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Absolutely correct. My brother was at the Rangers-Pens game and he said that there were two occassions when the Rangers could have buried Crosby with a perfectly legal hits and they pulled up both times. I have to believe that the league office has circulated something warning of dire consequences for hitting Cindy. With that said, after what Cindy did to Reasoner, if I am the Islanders I would dare the league office to do something about it.

I think it was Staal that had him lined up in the corner with a chance to put a good clean hard check on him and passed it up

A Pens Rangers second rounder would likewise be fun. Sadly, I think Kovalchuk will ride the pony with Theodore, and it will be Boston Pitt in the second round. That will be a bloodbath.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:41 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Its beginning to look like the Rangers will hold on. BTW, anyone catch Cindy Crosby's incredibly cheap and dangerous cross check/boarding on Marty Reasoner. I am hoping the Islanders will suit up Haley and Gilles tonight and do to Cindy what they did to Max Talbot last year.

I just want to see someone leave the bench again. And Al Montoya get lit up by Thessien or whoever is the Pens backup goalie this year. God I fucking hate Al Montoya, though probably not as much as the team that spent a top 10 pick on him.

And while Buffalo would scare me a lot more than LOLttawa, the loss of Erhoff somewhat mitigates that fear.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:51 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

A Pens Rangers second rounder would likewise be fun. Sadly, I think Kovalchuk will ride the pony with Theodore, and it will be Boston Pitt in the second round. That will be a bloodbath.

The phrase ride the pony makes me chuckle, always has
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:07 pm

The fighting fishsticks!
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:27 pm

Break up the Islanders! And God Bless Party Marty for leading off with a goal. Finally, watch the tape of Reese clearing the puck--he shot that into Crosby's face. Who would have ever thought I could feel so fondly about the Fuckin' Fishsticks!
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:37 am

Any thoughts on the mcquaid hit last night?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Any thoughts on the mcquaid hit last night?

It was was a bad hit but not the worst I've seen because he turned last minute. That being said, I was mildly surprised Chimera wasn't suspended.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Any thoughts on the mcquaid hit last night?

It was was a bad hit but not the worst I've seen because he turned last minute. That being said, I was mildly surprised Chimera wasn't suspended.

I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah, it was definitely charging but I don't think it was close to being boarding. He turned at the last minute so it wasn't like the Ference hit earlier in the year (whose suspension was one or two games two high IMO). Sometimes a penalty is just a penalty and that's what it looked like here. The real shitty part is that it brings Corvo back into the mix. Which just sucks in every single respect.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:05 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:01 am

I call your Thomas getting undressed gif and raise you Thomas falling down gif.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:18 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:39 pm

As long as we're having fun with the Bs

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:42 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:As long as we're having fun with the Bs

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Well the Flyers-Pens series starting next week just got a whole lot more interesting.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:27 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well the Flyers-Pens series starting next week just got a whole lot more interesting.

To say the least
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:41 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well the Flyers-Pens series starting next week just got a whole lot more interesting.

To say the least

If Grossmanns knee is OK, and I haven't heard anything yet, this is going to be fucking awesome hockey. If not, I just want blood.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Any chance Horton will be back this season?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:48 pm

Nope. Not sure if I'd really want him back if he were available given both the fragility of his head and lack of conditioning. Definitely don't want this to turn into Marc Savard 2.0.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:22 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Nope. Not sure if I'd really want him back if he were available given both the fragility of his head and lack of conditioning. Definitely don't want this to turn into Marc Savard 2.0.

That is sad. How about McQuaid?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:24 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Nope. Not sure if I'd really want him back if he were available given both the fragility of his head and lack of conditioning. Definitely don't want this to turn into Marc Savard 2.0.

McQuaid is fine, or so they say. They're claiming he wasn't concussed. I believe he practiced today.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:23 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

McQuaid is fine, or so they say. They're claiming he wasn't concussed. I believe he practiced today.

They said it was a laceration above his eye. I guess it was basically closed shut. Hopefully he'll be back by the end of the week and since fighting is decreased so much in the playoffs, it shouldn't affect his game too much. All he has to do is stay at home and be that solid 5/6. And get a fucking puck to the net once in a while without shooting into a goddamn shin pad.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink