Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins trade Kobasew

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:30 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:Flyingevil you'll appreciate this, I'm at the Verizon Center now for the Caps/Philly game and the place is hopping. I'll give it about 10 minutes before a fight breaks out. If any of you want to see a fun place to watch hockey, come down to DC on a weekend when the B's are playing the Caps, this is a great environment.

I'll appreciate it even more if any fight include Razor Ray and a player.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:06 pm

This team is terrible.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:49 pm

Bs are finding new and improved ways to lose every night. First, Rask gives up a bad goal to allow Columbus to tie it in the third. Then. with 1:30 remaining in the game and the Bruins attacking the net, Lucic gets whistled for a high-sticking in which the Columbus player was clearly high-sticked by his own teammate (the stick was even blue). Not only that, it's a double minor, so when Columbus scored immediately thereafter, the Bs were still shorthanded.

:81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81 :81

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:52 pm

This is what Tuuka looked like while allowing the second goal. Incidentally, it's what Thomas looked like for much of the game on Monday afternoon.

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Unchesco on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Lucic gets whistled for a high-sticking in which the Columbus player was clearly high-sticked by his own teammate (the stick was even blue). Not only that, it's a double minor, so when Columbus scored immediately thereafter, the Bs were still shorthanded.

They did, however, receive an apology from the NHL for the bad call. :o
Unchesco
n00b

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 am

Guys,

The Bruins just aren't that talented. They were a good team last year that played over their heads. Instead of improving the team, they took a step back by trading away their best goalscorer and their locker room leader, and defended it with the sorry excuse of "puck movement, defensive forwards, and payroll flexibility". The results of taking a top 6 or 7 team in the league and breaking it apart are clear. The Bruins are middle of the road, no big miracle trade is happening, and the Bruins' season will be over by May 1st, as usual.

:bag

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 pm

This is a bittersweet post. I was so excited to be able to use the new clownshoes icon, but I didn't want to have to use it for the Bruins. :clownshoes :clownshoes :clownshoes
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:21 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:Guys,

The Bruins just aren't that talented. They were a good team last year that played over their heads. Instead of improving the team, they took a step back by trading away their best goalscorer and their locker room leader, and defended it with the sorry excuse of "puck movement, defensive forwards, and payroll flexibility". The results of taking a top 6 or 7 team in the league and breaking it apart are clear. The Bruins are middle of the road, no big miracle trade is happening, and the Bruins' season will be over by May 1st, as usual.

Chara is still on the team. So is Savard and Bergeron. If you're referring to Aaron Ward, he sucks so much that he got put on waivers by Carolina. I don't know why you love Aaron Ward so much. He was decent last year and sucked this year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:52 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Chara is still on the team. So is Savard and Bergeron. If you're referring to Aaron Ward, he sucks so much that he got put on waivers by Carolina. I don't know why you love Aaron Ward so much. He was decent last year and sucked this year.

Was Aaron Ward last year any different than Mark Stuart this year?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Marc Stuart is actually good. He was out for about 6 weeks but before then he was the most consistent dman. Ward has more offensive prowess but Stuart is a legitimate top 4 this year where Ward was a 4/5 last year. Different styles so it's a little difficult to compare but Stuart is very good. But Aaron Ward apparently has Derek Jeter-like leadership ability, which Stuart does not possess, so there's a difference.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:24 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Marc Stuart is actually good. He was out for about 6 weeks but before then he was the most consistent dman. Ward has more offensive prowess but Stuart is a legitimate top 4 this year where Ward was a 4/5 last year. Different styles so it's a little difficult to compare but Stuart is very good. But Aaron Ward apparently has Derek Jeter-like leadership ability, which Stuart does not possess, so there's a difference.

That's what I'm saying. Morris has been solid too; he would have about 30 assists right now on last year's team. It's too bad that Wideman has regressed into :clownshoes . Speaking of whom, I've probably changed my mind about five times about who got the better of the Brad Boyes for Dennis Wideman trade. Originally, it looked like the Bs were fist-fucked. Then, last year it looked like both teams benefited from it. Now, it looks like neither team benefited from it. Great trade.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:43 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Paul O'Neill sucked in 2001 too, it doesn't mean that he wasn't a very important member of the Yankees and that his presence has had been missed. Like Paul O'Neill, Aaron Ward was a leader and a winner. Trading him was stupid.

Whatever, I guess I can just look forward to the Bruins drafting someone good and then watching him develop, only to see him get traded. Maybe I'll make a pool for why he gets traded away. EndlessMike, care to join me? I'll take "Wants to be paid faily", you can have the field.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Paul O'Neill sucked in 2001 too, it doesn't mean that he wasn't a very important member of the Yankees and that his presence has had been missed. Like Paul O'Neill, Aaron Ward was a leader and a winner. Trading him was stupid.

Whatever, I guess I can just look forward to the Bruins drafting someone good and then watching him develop, only to see him get traded. Maybe I'll make a pool for why he gets traded away. EndlessMike, care to join me? I'll take "Wants to be paid faily", you can have the field.

You use one example as your crutch. Your theory is baseless, however, as you fail to acknowledge the B's drafting good players (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Rask [different situation but similar enough]) and signing them to extensions. Now this season has been a clusterfuck for a variety of reasons such as injuries and regression of Wheels, Krejci, Hunwick, and the corpse known as Dennis Wideman and I don't think Kessel or Aaron Ward's mystical ability to make Dennis Wideman not suck would've helped. There's a problem when your top 4 centers in January are Recchi, Begin, Whitfield, and Sobotka.

And the Bruins don't lack veteran leadership. Mark Recchi is a leader, a winner, and a first ballot HOFer. Chara is a hell of a leader. Savard is a hell of a leader. Bergeron is a hell of a leader. Ward was a hell of a leader. The only problem is that leadership wasn't worth $2.5 million when it could be spent on a significant upgrade like Derek Morris, who'd be even better if he stopped shooting the puck intentionally wide.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You use one example as your crutch. Your theory is baseless, however, as you fail to acknowledge the B's drafting good players (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Rask [different situation but similar enough]) and signing them to extensions. Now this season has been a clusterfuck for a variety of reasons such as injuries and regression of Wheels, Krejci, Hunwick, and the corpse known as Dennis Wideman and I don't think Kessel or Aaron Ward's mystical ability to make Dennis Wideman not suck would've helped. There's a problem when your top 4 centers in January are Recchi, Begin, Whitfield, and Sobotka.

And the Bruins don't lack veteran leadership. Mark Recchi is a leader, a winner, and a first ballot HOFer. Chara is a hell of a leader. Savard is a hell of a leader. Bergeron is a hell of a leader. Ward was a hell of a leader. The only problem is that leadership wasn't worth $2.5 million when it could be spent on a significant upgrade like Derek Morris, who'd be even better if he stopped shooting the puck intentionally wide.

You need more examples of how losing leaders negatively impacts a team? I won't waste my time responding to that.

I acknowledge the Bruins drafting decent players and keeping them like the three you mentioned, but also see a unrivaled history of trading away elite talent. I can think of no other team that has traded away so many stars. Adam Oates, Anson Carter, Jason Allison, Joe Thornton, Phil Kessel, Kyle McLaren... any time a Bruins player wants to be paid more than 4 or 5 million dollars they get traded. It's pathetic and it won't change. Joe Thornton is the most complete player in the game, but the Bruins found a reason to trade him away. Whatever person the Bruins draft (and it won't be Taylor Hall) will either not be impactful enough to justify trading the player they did to acquire that pick (think Zach Hamill) or he'll get traded away as soon as he talks extension.

You can apologize for mediocrity all you like. I won't tolerate it and I won't blame it on injuries.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:19 pm

The Bruins haven't traditionally traded leaders, sans Thornton and that deal sucked. I was talking about developing and trading young guys when they ask for money, which you claim the Bruins always do. Then you point to trades from the early-2000s. That isn't logically sound.

Of the trades you mentioned, of which most are poor examples since they came under the Sinden and O'Connell Eras, only Thornton, Oates, maybe McLaren, and likely Kessel did much of anything afterwards. Allison got a ton of concussions and Muzz was a decent return and Carter netted Guerin, a better player than Carter, so I'm really not sure what your point is with that one.

I have no apology for the mediocrity of the Harry Sinden and Mike O'Connell Eras. I do have sympathy for the fact you don't realize that Peter Chiarelli and not the aforementioned two is running the Bruins right now. You have made the mistake of comparing these regimes all too often in this thread and that is wherein lies my biggest problem with your argument. Chiarelli has signed pretty much all his young talent except for Kessel and got Wheeler to come to Boston as a rookie FA.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:You use one example as your crutch. Your theory is baseless, however, as you fail to acknowledge the B's drafting good players (Bergeron, Krejci, Lucic, Rask [different situation but similar enough]) and signing them to extensions. Now this season has been a clusterfuck for a variety of reasons such as injuries and regression of Wheels, Krejci, Hunwick, and the corpse known as Dennis Wideman and I don't think Kessel or Aaron Ward's mystical ability to make Dennis Wideman not suck would've helped. There's a problem when your top 4 centers in January are Recchi, Begin, Whitfield, and Sobotka.

You need more examples of how losing leaders negatively impacts a team? I won't waste my time responding to that.

I acknowledge the Bruins drafting decent players and keeping them like the three you mentioned, but also see a unrivaled history of trading away elite talent. I can think of no other team that has traded away so many stars. Adam Oates, Anson Carter, Jason Allison, Joe Thornton, Phil Kessel, Kyle McLaren... any time a Bruins player wants to be paid more than 4 or 5 million dollars they get traded. It's pathetic and it won't change. Joe Thornton is the most complete player in the game, but the Bruins found a reason to trade him away. Whatever person the Bruins draft (and it won't be Taylor Hall) will either not be impactful enough to justify trading the player they did to acquire that pick (think Zach Hamill) or he'll get traded away as soon as he talks extension.

You can apologize for mediocrity all you like. I won't tolerate it and I won't blame it on injuries.

I just spat my Rolling Rock a little when you called Kyle McLaren a "star."
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:48 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:from someone that knows better aaron ward may be a winner... but he is NOT a leader

What is it with you and Aaron Ward?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby buconvict on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:35 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The Bruins haven't traditionally traded leaders, sans Thornton and that deal sucked. I was talking about developing and trading young guys when they ask for money, which you claim the Bruins always do. Then you point to trades from the early-2000s. That isn't logically sound.

Of the trades you mentioned, of which most are poor examples since they came under the Sinden and O'Connell Eras, only Thornton, Oates, maybe McLaren, and likely Kessel did much of anything afterwards. Allison got a ton of concussions and Muzz was a decent return and Carter netted Guerin, a better player than Carter, so I'm really not sure what your point is with that one.

I have no apology for the mediocrity of the Harry Sinden and Mike O'Connell Eras. I do have sympathy for the fact you don't realize that Peter Chiarelli and not the aforementioned two is running the Bruins right now. You have made the mistake of comparing these regimes all too often in this thread and that is wherein lies my biggest problem with your argument. Chiarelli has signed pretty much all his young talent except for Kessel and got Wheeler to come to Boston as a rookie FA.

I'm quite aware that the marionettes have changed, it's the puppet master who remains that is the problem with the Bruins.

Whatever. The Bruins suck. Remember when they used to score goals and win and get in fights? Those were the days... :bag

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:01 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The Bruins haven't traditionally traded leaders, sans Thornton and that deal sucked. I was talking about developing and trading young guys when they ask for money, which you claim the Bruins always do. Then you point to trades from the early-2000s. That isn't logically sound.

I'm quite aware that the marionettes have changed, it's the puppet master who remains that is the problem with the Bruins.

Whatever. The Bruins suck. Remember when they used to score goals and win and get in fights? Those were the days... :bag

The only thing Jacobs can be faulted for in the Chiarelli Era is the unnecessary buyout of Schaefer. Other than that he's spent to the cap every year and eaten money on Dave Lewis. Not much else you can ask.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby ryfarls on Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:55 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:

Remember when the Bruins had their full lineup on the bench this season? oh wait thats maybe happened 4 or 5 times all season. get the sand out of your vag and make comments like this once the bruins dont have guys with the name whitfield and larman in their lineup.

and if your gonna bitch about losing leaders in the locker room, make a case for stephane yelle not aaron ward.
ryfarls
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:00 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:from someone that knows better aaron ward may be a winner... but he is NOT a leader

he was a clubhouse cancer in rolly

aw shit - i've said too much

What is it with you and Aaron Ward? I want details! Coward.
Last edited by bignick33 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:11 am

ryfarls {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:

Remember when the Bruins had their full lineup on the bench this season? oh wait thats maybe happened 4 or 5 times all season. get the sand out of your vag and make comments like this once the bruins dont have guys with the name whitfield and larman in their lineup.

and if your gonna bitch about losing leaders in the locker room, make a case for stephane yelle not aaron ward.

I'm with you with your overall argument but Begin is such a better 4th-line center than Yelle. So long as you have some solid vets don't have a guy like Avery on your team, and have some talent (i.e. guys like Trent Whitfield and Drew Larmand), leadership shouldn't be a problem. Begin is a complete prick. I hated him on the Habs and would hate him now. But he's our prick, which is nice, I guess.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I'm in. :chewbanka
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:52 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

he was a clubhouse cancer in rolly

aw shit - i've said too much

What is it with you and Aaron Ward? I want details! Coward.

I fucking hate COWARDS.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:27 am

The Bruins got blown out by the 2nd worst team in the entire league last night. Blown out. Anyone care to explain to me how having Savard would've changed a 5-1 outcome?

Jesus Christ, the Bruins merrymen are worse than almost all others. They have an injured guy so it excuses their chronic lack of depth, leadership, and ability to score goals or protect their own net.

The Bruins will likely be in 12th PLACE by Friday. They, and everyone who apologizes for and accepts mediocrity, suck.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:15 am

buconvict {l Wrote}: Anyone care to explain

Trying to help Carolina catch up with Toronto, because we have Toronto's 1 this year.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:51 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:The Bruins got blown out by the 2nd worst team in the entire league last night. Blown out. Anyone care to explain to me how having Savard would've changed a 5-1 outcome?

Jesus Christ, the Bruins merrymen are worse than almost all others. They have an injured guy so it excuses their chronic lack of depth, leadership, and ability to score goals or protect their own net.

The Bruins will likely be in 12th PLACE by Friday. They, and everyone who apologizes for and accepts mediocrity, suck.

Phil Kessel wouldn't have helped either. Something you have never done but I have asked you multiple times:

Without knowing what you know now, how would you have constructed this Bruins team so it fits under the cap?

Edit: My point being that it's more of a players/coaching problem than a FO problem.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:The Bruins got blown out by the 2nd worst team in the entire league last night. Blown out. Anyone care to explain to me how having Savard would've changed a 5-1 outcome?

Phil Kessel wouldn't have helped either. Something you have never done but I have asked you multiple times:

Without knowing what you know now, how would you have constructed this Bruins team so it fits under the cap?

Edit: My point being that it's more of a players/coaching problem than a FO problem.

I've answered your stupid cap question at least three times.

Phil Kessel would definitely help, since he can do something that nobody else on the team can do. Score goals. Which is, if I'm not mistaken, the point of hockey.
:bag :bag :bag :bag :bag :bag :bag :bag

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:25 pm

buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Phil Kessel would definitely help, since he can do something that nobody else on the team can do. Score goals. Which is, if I'm not mistaken, the point of hockey.

And what would you do to clear the cap space? Also include the corresponding move to replace the players that you think Chia should have jettisoned. You keep giving an incomplete answer.

And at this point, the team's problem goes a lot deeper than scoring goals.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby buconvict on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:30 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

And what would you do to clear the cap space? Also include the corresponding move to replace the players that you think Chia should have jettisoned. You keep giving an incomplete answer.

And at this point, the team's problem goes a lot deeper than scoring goals.

No. I've answered your question three times. Read through the thread if you want the answer.

I'm glad that you are happy with being in 12th place.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink