Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 21, 2013 11:24 pm

From Wysh's recap on Puck Daddy:

Brad Richards played 8 minutes and has 7 years left on his $60 million contract.

Missed most of the game but my god that second goal pretty much summed it up. Paille beating three guys to the net while raking the long route around the net.

Fwiw I've always been a Dorsett fan as arguably the most skilled fighters out there, though Downie pre-Achilles injury certainly has an argument. I imagine he was trying to pull a Talbot and give the Rags a spark but Thornton's too smart, McQuaid is too important to the defense to sit down for 5 minutes and Campbell was tired of getting his face bashed in every fight.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 22, 2013 7:13 am

I was actually surprised Lucic didn't jump in, 50+ lb weight advantage is usually enough to spring that knuckledragger into action

I'm going to self fagtag my own question after game 1, Jagr has more left than Richards. At least Jagr can play the puck possession game for ~10 sec/shift, Richards just can't skate anymore.

Going to disagree with what angrydick said above (or in the other thread), don't think Torts has lost the lockerroom. Granted, coaches like him have short shelflives and when they flame out it's pretty epic. Despite, or maybe because of, Torts' style of MOAR GRINDERS!, there are 2 lines that just really can't score. Add in an inept power play and it isn't surprising.

Also sucks about Kreider, was getting some time with Nash and creating some opportunities.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 22, 2013 7:30 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:From Wysh's recap on Puck Daddy:

Brad Richards played 8 minutes and has 7 years left on his $60 million contract.

Missed most of the game but my god that second goal pretty much summed it up. Paille beating three guys to the net while raking the long route around the net.

Fwiw I've always been a Dorsett fan as arguably the most skilled fighters out there, though Downie pre-Achilles injury certainly has an argument. I imagine he was trying to pull a Talbot and give the Rags a spark but Thornton's too smart, McQuaid is too important to the defense to sit down for 5 minutes and Campbell was tired of getting his face bashed in every fight.

Thornton wanted to fight Dorsett, after Dorsett went after Marchand (the smallest guy on the ice) but Dorsett wanted nothing to do with him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 22, 2013 8:06 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Also sucks about Kreider, was getting some time with Nash and creating some opportunities.

What happened to Kreider? Injury?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 22, 2013 8:14 am

Dorsett has a grand total of 5 lbs on Marchand

Yeah Kreider took a high stick right above the eye, looked like he had trouble w his vision, didn't come back.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 22, 2013 8:15 am

Dorsett's also a fighter.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 22, 2013 8:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I was actually surprised Lucic didn't jump in, 50+ lb weight advantage is usually enough to spring that knuckledragger into action

I'm going to self fagtag my own question after game 1, Jagr has more left than Richards. At least Jagr can play the puck possession game for ~10 sec/shift, Richards just can't skate anymore.

Going to disagree with what angrydick said above (or in the other thread), don't think Torts has lost the lockerroom. Granted, coaches like him have short shelflives and when they flame out it's pretty epic. Despite, or maybe because of, Torts' style of MOAR GRINDERS!, there are 2 lines that just really can't score. Add in an inept power play and it isn't surprising.

Also sucks about Kreider, was getting some time with Nash and creating some opportunities.

Jagr is fantastic as long as he doesn't have to skate from one end of the ice to the other. So he is perfect for long shifts against the Rangers.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:02 am

Thorton's too smart? He basically said "if you want to fight, let's fucking go" and Dorsett looked, realized it wasn't Marchand, and pussied up like a fucking turtle. The strategy was to but a thug on the Broons annoying guy that is absolutely killing the Rangers right now, and it backfired, making Dorsett look like a giant tampon.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:05 am

Kreider didn't take a high stick, that was a shot. The actual high stick on that play was the one to Seguin. That and the high stick on Chara, and you knew that the Broons weren't getting a powerplay.

11 consecutive PPs for the Rangers on home ice. That's absurd.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:46 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Dorsett's also a fighter.

Sure but this wasn't john scott going after nathan gerbe

Kreider was clipped on Seguin's follow through, not a penalty just telling foot what happened

As for the last point :conspiracy
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Kreider didn't take a high stick, that was a shot. The actual high stick on that play was the one to Seguin. That and the high stick on Chara, and you knew that the Broons weren't getting a powerplay.

11 consecutive PPs for the Rangers on home ice. That's absurd.

It is possible that they just didn't see Callahan's high stick on Chara but there is only one way to explain the non-call of the high stick to Seguin.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 22, 2013 9:50 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Kreider was clipped on Seguin's follow through.

I'm not saying conspiracy, I'm saying 11 consecutive powerplays is like winning the Megabucks. Especially when your opponent has three guys leave the ice after getting slashed in the face and no one in a striped uniform sees it. Officiating was either :conspiracy or :clownshoes
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 22, 2013 10:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Thorton's too smart? He basically said "if you want to fight, let's fucking go" and Dorsett looked, realized it wasn't Marchand, and pussied up like a fucking turtle. The strategy was to but a thug on the Broons annoying guy that is absolutely killing the Rangers right now, and it backfired, making Dorsett look like a giant tampon.

Well that's the last time I try to Costco my analysis.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 22, 2013 10:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Kreider was clipped on Seguin's follow through, not a penalty just telling foot what happened

Why would Marchand fight? He's not a fighter, he didn't blatantly cheapshot anyone (Shanaban type) and has nothing to gain by it. If he wanted to win a fight just challenge Campbell.

Given the calls in other NHL games I'm more inclined to say :clownshoes on the refs.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 22, 2013 10:19 am

I'm not saying Marchand should've fought, Dorsett was clearly trying to goad Marchand into something stupid. He wasn't challenging Marchand because of size, he was challenging him because he's most likely to do something dumb. From Dorsett's pov, worst comes to worst it's matching and a win for the Rangers, though one could argue from the Rangers' POV, Marchand doing something stupid and giving the Rangers a powerplay would be worse than 4 on 4.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 22, 2013 2:35 pm

What a shit show. I thought that Torts had saved himself after the comeback against Washington, but this has been so irredeemably awful that if Boston avoids suffering another schizophrenic episdoe mid-series and closes the casket on this offensively bereft pile of crap in a sweep, I think Torts gets the gate. While I can't bring myself to root against the Blueshirts, I will not be angry when the expected happens in Game 4.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:What a shit show. I thought that Torts had saved himself after the comeback against Washington, but this has been so irredeemably awful that if Boston avoids suffering another schizophrenic episdoe mid-series and closes the casket on this offensively bereft pile of crap in a sweep, I think Torts gets the gate. While I can't bring myself to root against the Blueshirts, I will not be angry when the expected happens in Game 4.

Just pretend it is BC-ND 2002 or 2012 in regards to your ability to root against the NYR. :whammy :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Says the guy who used to walk around saying "In my heart, I was always at Notre Dame." More shamefully, you did it in the forlorn hope of conquering territory that had been over run more than Sicily. You were doing better when you were making teh juice with the drug addled members of my extended family.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Thu May 23, 2013 8:13 am

logi got told...

now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

yeah, but he's still the best.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:26 am

Nice start last night. Didn't take long to hate that team and its fans.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:04 am

Very good game last night

Not sure how the pens didn't score several times in the first 2 periods. Was hilarious seeing Geno & Bergeron dropping the gloves.

Both should be a very good series, as one who has a financial stake in a long series in the east I'm :chewbanka
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:41 am

Crosby and Malkin both essentially losing their shit 2 periods in is a good sign for Bruins fan.

Crosby is a great player but he is a lousy leader: no way he should have the C. Gotta be tough for a guy like Iginla or Morrow to watch his act.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:03 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:Nice start last night. Didn't take long to hate that team and its fans.

Was thinking the same thing. All the booing after the cheapshot by Cooke made me despise the fans. Pitt came out flying last night throwing their bodies around, but it made them seem like thy were out of control. The Bruins will take Pitt trying to out-physical them any day as it seemed to hurt the Pens more than the Bruins.

Second the Crosby is a little bitch sentiment.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:53 am

The Pens defense is atrocious. If the Bruins own possession and get the puck in behind the net like they did in the second half of the game, this will be quick.

P&S Letang is terrible. I can't skate and he couldn't cover me. He skates fast and shoots pretty though!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:57 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}: He skates fast and shoots pretty though!

=norris candidate

comical
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:59 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}: He skates fast and shoots pretty though!

=norris candidate

comical

When David Krecji owns you physically, you should pack it in as a d-man and just become a forward.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 am

Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 am

I like Playoff Krejci. Reminds me of Playoff Ryder. But better.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:35 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I like Playoff Krejci. Reminds me of Playoff Ryder. But better.

Regular Krejci is better than Playoff Ryder. But I agree wholeheartedly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink