Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:39 am

Patrick Kane skates real fast. He's kind of like a rich man's Tyler Seguin.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eaglesmith on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Patrick Kane skates real fast. He's kind of like a rich man's Tyler Seguin.

Viktor Stalberg is more of a poor man's Tyler Seguin.
eaglesmith
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:00 am

Ben Smith is the 16th eagle to get his name on the cup, tied with Wisconsin for most.

Edit: the kid says 16, bc hockey twitter says 10
Last edited by claver2010 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Ben Smith is the 16th eagle to get his name on the cup, tied with Wisconsin for most.

Small consolation prize for us Bs fans. Thanks for the info.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby talon on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:08 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

Pretty cool that Rene Rancourt was able to predict the number of games the Blackhawks would have won in the series before the game even started!
talon
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 am

Well, that was a shitty 6 game stretch for the Bs. Won 2, lost 2, and threw 2 straight down the shitter.

I suppose they were tired, but those two teams were god awful last night.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:42 am

i guess that means chicago won game 1000? :bored
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Well, that was a shitty 6 game stretch for the Bs. Won 2, lost 2, and threw 2 straight down the shitter.

I suppose they were tired, but those two teams were god awful last night.

They made the last 2 games very easy for Crawford.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i guess that means chicago won game 1000? :bored

Watched hockey. It's 1000x better than the NBA.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 am

Although the Bruins revealed he has a huge hole, Crawford should have been the Conn Smythe winner after the LA series and in a Stanley Cup with so many OTs and good saves. Absolute embarrassment that they gave to to Tyler Seguin, Sr. instead of he or Toews.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

agreed... except the playoffs for both leauges are highly excessive
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:26 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

agreed... except the playoffs for both leauges are highly excessive

True, but too much of a good thing is less bad than too much of shit.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:36 am

toews had an awful playoffs

it should have been crawford
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

It was a shitty way to end what was otherwise a really fun (but shortened) season capped off by a great playoff run. I still can't believe they came back and won Game 7 against Toronto.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:43 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:toews had an awful playoffs

it should have been crawford

Toews was the only reason Seguin Sr. scored. That stat last night was telling.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:21 am

That was just amazing hockey. Wildly entertaining to watch and exhibit A as to why hockey is an exponentially more entertaining sport to watch than the WWE/NBA. I could not have cared less as to who won, but it was fantastic to watch.

The only thing that was shocking to me was the way the Blackhawks succeeded in beating the hell out of Chara. They simply abused him over the last 3 games, and while Bickell is an absolute beast, Chara is supposedly the strongest player in the NHL (a designation I will accept after watching him toss the late Derrick Boogaard around like a rag doll a couple of years ago). He also looked exhausted relatively early into the last two games. Given what Bergeron played with last night, I have to wonder if Chara didn't get hurt badly in Game 3 or catch Superaids from cville and just elected not to say anything.

It will be interesting to see what happens to both these teams now that the cap is coming down. Bickell is gone from the Hawks--there is no way they can afford to match what he will command--will be interesting to see who the Bruins let go. Also, glad to see Ben Smith get his name on the Cup by virtue of suiting up for one finals game (and in truth, played a very solid 13 minutes in Game 3).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:25 am

Chara looked skating-exhausted, not hit-exhausted. He abused Bickell in several games, but he didn't seem to have his legs to skate with Toews and Kane when they were put back together. Don't think it had much to do with getting hit, frankly, but with playing too many minutes and being old.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:59 am

The Bruins are going to pay Tuukka, so it sounds like Horton may be gone.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:14 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Chara looked skating-exhausted, not hit-exhausted. He abused Bickell in several games, but he didn't seem to have his legs to skate with Toews and Kane when they were put back together. Don't think it had much to do with getting hit, frankly, but with playing too many minutes and being old.

Julien said he was banged up so that and watching him pass up a ton of shots leads me to believe it's either a shoulder or knee thing. Seidenberg presumably never got over his injury in Round 1 and looked it these last couple of games. They got murdered the last few games.

And congrats on Bryan Bickell for winning the Sean Bergenhiem Memorial Trophy for impending UFA that tears up the playoffs, gets paid and goes on to disappoint fanbase. Outside of that and finding a backup to Crawford, the Hawks are set up pretty good. Though they would be smart to buyout Hossa given the problems that contract is going to create down the road once he hangs it up.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

I Jagr going to retire, sign with another NHL team, or play in Europe?

I'm going to miss the Jagr impersonations on Toucher and Rich.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Chara really did seem hurt to me. Of course he probably was also exhausted from skating so many minutes as well. In games 5 and 6 he did have a laser of a goal but there were several times he fanned on wrist shots that made me think he had some sort of upper body injury.

In reality this was a close series that could have gone either way yet still the best team won. That being said, how each team functioned in this series was pretty interesting. The Bruins just had terrible terrible breakdowns over the last 3 games. They were just handing goals away. Chicago for the most part took them. The Blackhawks were a lot better in keeping mistakes somewhat low and made Boston work for their goals. Not characteristic at all of the way Boston plays normally on the defensive side. Seidenberg was horrendous over the last half of the series and put Chara in a lot of bad positions (coughing the puck up on the OT winner in game 4 and also having a horrendous pinch in game 4 earlier that was an easy Chicago goal). Chara had problems of his own obviously and broke down physically. Forwards didn't help either (yea Marchand skate away from the puck on a rebound so a guy can shoot, fall down, and get up and shoot again).

This really had the feel of the BC-Michigan State game from 2007. Boyle screwed up on a faceoff much like Chara did (thanks to Paille matador faceoff coverage). GWG under a minute to go in regulation when things seemed destined for OT.

Hell of a series though. Really good stuff. And gives Toews credit, he busted a long playoff slump and came up big. He took a beating and was still effective in the end. And he didn't whine like a vagina. Take notes Cindy Crosby.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I Jagr going to retire, sign with another NHL team, or play in Europe?

I'm going to miss the Jagr impersonations on Toucher and Rich.

Jagr is going to keep playing hockey until body parts start falling off on the ice. Whether its in the US or back in Europe, who knows. Maybe he could make a run at Gordie Howe's "most decades playing pro hockey" gimmick.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby 2001Eagle on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Not really. He didn't really come alive in the scoring column until late in the finals, but he still had the 8th best plus/minus ranking of any player taking part in this year's playoffs. additionally, he set up the lion's share of kane's goals, consistently won a good percentage of faceoffs and played great two way hockey. he's a guy who does a lot of things that defy quantification and i can see how someone without an eye for these things would overlook his contributions.
Coach hard. Love hard.
2001Eagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:01 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Maybe he could make a run at Gordie Howe's "most decades playing pro hockey" gimmick.

Just imagine if Bart had used Jagr's picture instead of Howe's when he was tricking Ms. Krabappel into a fake romance.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:46 pm

2001Eagle {l Wrote}:

Not really. He didn't really come alive in the scoring column until late in the finals, but he still had the 8th best plus/minus ranking of any player taking part in this year's playoffs. additionally, he set up the lion's share of kane's goals, consistently won a good percentage of faceoffs and played great two way hockey. he's a guy who does a lot of things that defy quantification and i can see how someone without an eye for these things would overlook his contributions.

Ironically, it was actually Kane that sucked ass for a long period of the playoffs, while he was separated from Toews. He went 7 games without scoring.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Jagr is an interesting question. I could see him playing Europe and then jumping onto an NHL roster late in the season for a playoff run for each of the next few years. Such a strategy preserves his body, probably allows him to make more money then he would under the new lower cap and lets him go to a contender. And let's face it, he performed extremely well in this playoffs and still scares the hell out of people when he is on the ice. If he does adopt such a longevity strategy there will be people lining up to sign him until he shits the bed.

I despised Jagr as a Penguin, but thought he was the consumate pro and team first guy when he played for the Rangers. I'll chalk up my hatred of Penguins-era Jagr as a product of his being paired with the original Cindy Crosby, i.e, the bitchy, whiny Frog. I succeeded in wishing cancer on that hypocrite and am hoping to work similar magic with Crosby.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:30 pm

He'd be subject to waivers if he did that, similar to the deal Nabokov coming back from the KHL about 1.5 years ago. The Oilers used to do this with some Swede I believe in the 80'
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 am

On what grounds would he be subject to waivers? I thought if you are a UFA you can go sign with anyone you want when you want. I was under the impression that his contract with the Bruins expires on July 1. If that is the case, and he is a UFA, what stops him from signing contracts with the KHL that expire on a yearly basis and allow him to jump to the NHL where he can sign pro-rated one year deals that expire at the end of the season. Assuming he can hold his current form I'd bet there would be a pretty brisk market for Jagr for at least two more years.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Jaromir Jagr will not be back for another season with the Bruins, the Globe's Fluto Shinzawa reports from TD Garden Wednesday morning. Jagr also told reporters he hurt his back and hip in Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final vs. the Chicago Blackhawks.

He helped in the playoffs but was he worth a 1st round pick?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink