Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Very good game last night

Not sure how the pens didn't score several times in the first 2 periods. Was hilarious seeing Geno & Bergeron dropping the gloves.

Both should be a very good series, as one who has a financial stake in a long series in the east I'm :chewbanka

how many games do you need?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:36 am

At least 6, thought it was easy $ which probably means the broons will sweep
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:At least 6, thought it was easy $ which probably means the broons will sweep

I think you are pretty safe unless the Broons win tonight.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I like Playoff Krejci. Reminds me of Playoff Ryder. But better.

Playoff Krejci is awesome. Think about the swing that occurred 3 seasons ago when Krejci went down vs the flyers and the B's proceeded to lose 4 straight. Then a year later he was a machine, leading them to a Stanley Cup. Last year he's quiet and they're out in round 1. Hopefully it keeps up and he leads them to another cup.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

Kris letang, defenseman. Ha.

This is the wrong team to throw that ridiculous forecheck on against
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:46 pm

Wow, that was an ass-thrashing.

Crosby is a disaster right now.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:05 pm

Letang is worse. He has to score to cover how shitty he is at defense
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:24 pm

How many times did the Malkin line go below the top of their own circles?

Oh, I forgot to add Playoff Horton in my above post.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:45 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Letang is worse. He has to score to cover how shitty he is at defense

Letang's defensive limitations have definitely been exposed...but he isn't supposed to be the best player in the work either.

Crosby was a turnover machine last night. His confidence is shot. And Malkin's drive by defense is reminiscent of everything everyone hated about the early generation Russian stars.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:07 am

Imagine if Gr8 played the type of D Malkin D last night

also just cause this is hilarious i'm going to REFIRE

not so confident in my bet anymore. though think the pens can split in boston & win a game 5 at home.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:19 am

start printing those cup tickets
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:26 am

Two problems I see for the Penguins:

1. They don't know what to do with a team that sells out on defense. If I had a dime for every Pens shot that hit a stick other than Rask's, I could retire.

2. The Bruins game planned to aggressively crush that overextended forecheck, and have the defensemen that are capable of getting the puck out of the zone with precision. It's like the old theory on the press in hoop - don't just break it, attack the basket. If you clear the zone cleanly against the Pens, you have an odd man rush against a Pee Wee defense and a Squirt goalie.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby NotoriousOrange on Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:51 pm

what a game tonight!
NotoriousOrange
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:10 am

Greg Campbell is celebrating the Endless Summer of Dicks by showing off his large brass balls tonight.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:39 am

Bruins looking like a team of destiny...

Gonna be interesting to see what they do to replace Campbell. Guessing they move Kelly to the Merlot line & bring in the big Swede to play with Peverly and Seguin
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:07 am

Granted at 3-0 tough to question Julien but Jagr over Seguin w Bergeron makes zero sense.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Granted at 3-0 tough to question Julien but Jagr over Seguin w Bergeron makes zero sense.

Why, so Seguin can skate quickly down the wing, make one quick move, then bring the puck back to his shooting side and wrist a shot into the defenseman's skates? It's his only move in his otherwise terrible repertoire of moves. I also like when he pursues the play into a corner and does that little slow down, check with his side ass to no effect. If he has control he gets pushed off the puck. I don't live Jagr, but I think he's been more effective with that line than Seguin has been lately, and he did set that goal up last night when he fed Marchand off the boards.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:06 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Greg Campbell is celebrating the Endless Summer of Dicks by showing off his large brass balls tonight.

Not sure if it came through on TV but the crowd gave Campbell and his balls a great salute for that effort.

As others of said, Seguin is useless.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Greg Campbell is celebrating the Endless Summer of Dicks by showing off his large brass balls tonight.

Not sure if it came through on TV but the crowd gave Campbell and his balls a great salute for that effort.

nice subtle way of saying you were in the building last night :tophat
Last edited by commavegarage on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 am

Not sure how the pens didn't score several times in the first 2 periods. Was hilarious seeing Geno & Bergeron dropping the gloves.

Both should be a very good series, as one who has a financial stake in a long series in the east I'm :chewbanka

tankmush
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:42 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Bill Belichick's girlfriend was sitting on my lap.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:45 am

RegalBCeagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Granted at 3-0 tough to question Julien but Jagr over Seguin w Bergeron makes zero sense.

Why, so Seguin can skate quickly down the wing, make one quick move, then bring the puck back to his shooting side and wrist a shot into the defenseman's skates? It's his only move in his otherwise terrible repertoire of moves. I also like when he pursues the play into a corner and does that little slow down, check with his side ass to no effect. If he has control he gets pushed off the puck. I don't live Jagr, but I think he's been more effective with that line than Seguin has been lately, and he did set that goal up last night when he fed Marchand off the boards.

Jagr's board work especially helps with that line's cycle game. Jagr just backs dat ass up when he gets the puck on the boards and there are very few guys that can knock the puck away from him. There are definitely some frustrating parts to his game, like staying out for 5 minute shifts, but he's played extremely well the last couple of games IMO, setting up the 4th goal in Game 2 and then his play on Malkin last night, while slightly illegal, was nice to see.

With regards to Seguin, I feel his problems are a combo of playing with two guys who for all intents and purposes are dead bodies and him struggling. The one nice thing about him is that he is moving his feet and backchecking like an absolute maven.

Full discretion: I had to Costco the third and both OTs (at least until the dafoomie video comes out) so apologies if I missed a couple of gaffes.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

Bill Belichick's girlfriend was sitting on my lap.

i was going to go - at 730 last night you could buy on stubhub for $75
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:46 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

NBC's Penis Pierre mentioned it. Watching the video again, I could hear something but couldn't make out that it was "Soupy" they were yelling. Which leads to another point that hockey nicknames by and large suck.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:51 am

Jagr has been a key to that Bergeron/marchand line. Jagr had a huge game last night, despite not scoring.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:56 am

Seguin really has become useless. BUT, if anyone watches closely, his game in the defensive zone has been very good and he has been skating his ass off to get back there and backcheck. Which, with his speed, has helped. He's putting in honest shifts and I can say I'm not concerned with him being a liability at all. He really needs to figure out some new offensive moves. Cutting back against the grain could open up serious shots from close range given his skating ability. He never cuts back across the line once he enters the zone. Or stops and kicks it back to the point (which is what Marchand does 90% of the time). With no shootouts in the playoffs he's become a non-factor offensively.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:02 am

Like Jagr, Seguin is playing fine, he's just not a threat to score. His speed getting back on D has really helped interrupt the Pens offense.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:05 am

commavegarage {l Wrote}:

tankmush

time to start werrying.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby RegalBCeagle on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:24 am

Seguin is still skating, and he's got a scorer's touch in him, so I still want to see him out there. I agree that his linemates aren't helping him any, and I also agree that his backchecking has been noticeable - especially considering that was one of his deficits when he first joined the team. Jagr controls the puck along the boards and in the corners almost too well. He'll hold it too long at times as opposed to making the pass when he should, but I agree that it works for the pairing with Marchand and Bergeron.

The Bruins stole that game last night ... or should I say Rask stole it. They were thoroughly outplayed through the first 3 periods. In OT it was more evenly matched, even with some scary chances by Pittsburgh. Good teams can win those games as well. Let's see if they can close it in 4, or if Pittsburgh's going to pick it up even more in game 4.
RegalBCeagle
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:32 am

One thing about the Bruins getting outplayed. In the first three periods, I felt like the Pens got a ton more shots, but that the Bruins still got better looks. Through three games, it feels like the only guy on the Pens that is remotely a threat to score is Malkin, even when the Pens are on the PP or are dominating possession. The Bruins, on the other hand, have multiple guys with their shots clicking right now.

The Pens could have had 4 goals if Rask wasn't on, but Vokoun was almost as good. He didn't see as many shots, but he saw almost as many good shots.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink