Bruins Weirdos

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Bruins Weirdos

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 14, 2014 6:52 pm

On cue, biggest game of the season, and Marchand makes a laugh out loud funny miss of the net from like 2 feet. What a fucking terrible player. My Pens fan brother has been unheard from for 24 hours but he got on the horn to make fun of that shot by Marchand.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:35 pm

Broons are absolutely DOMINATING Corsi right now. '

Gionta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marchand

And I am being generous to Marchand there.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 14, 2014 8:52 pm

Whelp, the CORSI champs exit on a Marchand miss. Good Corsi numbers though when the other team nets 3 goals on only 18 shots. Fine work.

Hanging the CORSI banner in October - be there
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 14, 2014 9:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:My Pens fan brother has been unheard from for 24 hours but he got on the horn to make fun of that shot by Marchand.

Does he hate you like TRE's brothers hate him?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 14, 2014 9:38 pm

I have to say that this game could not have played out better for teddy's narrative vis a vis elvii. That was the equivalent of a witness breaking down under cross examination and blowing his entire case. Enjoy that counselor, moments like that don't happen very often. I'd also note that Chara is now skating with a giant fork sticking in his back and the back breaker was entirely on him. I think this iteration of the Bs is done as a cup contender unless and until they can sign or develop another elite shutdown #1 defensemen. Chara is still an excellent player but he has too many miles on the tank and clearly doesn't have the gas to play 27 minutes a night anymore. The Rangers were wise to lock up Girardi because I am pretty sure the Bs would have been willing to pay him a lot of money this offseason.

Truth is, I dislike both franchises. Was pulling for the Canadiens because of Gionta and because I think they are a much better match up for the Rangers. It was also delicious to watch Marchand blow Game 7 by himself and watch the Serbian Girl Beater cry tears of shame at the end. If I am Bergeron, I am very disappointed in a few guys.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Well except my general going off was Teddy's 5 v 5 point regarding Bergy's line considering they single handedly win a game with their 5 v 5 play. Of course that takes critical thinking skills while not talking in absolutes and I prefer making my opinions based on 10 games. Can't wait to draft Bickell and Weise 1-2 in fantasy next year.

Oh well, they lost to a team they matched up poorly to and should have beat. I'm glad Teddy is happy Marchand played like shit and was a contributing factor in the Bruins loss.

You also misspelled Bartkowski there Dick.

Regarding Girardi, they have him for cheaper in Seidenberg. Regardless, both players will probably break down given their styles of play and be an albatross in the final year or two. Can only block so many shots.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 14, 2014 11:29 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well except my general going off was Teddy's 5 v 5 point regarding Bergy's line considering they single handedly win a game with their 5 v 5 play. To be honest I didn't even mean to compare Gionta to Marchand but oh well. Of course that takes critical thinking skills while not talking in absolutes and I prefer making my opinions based on 10 games. Can't wait to draft Bickell and Weise 1-2 in fantasy next year.

Oh well, they lost to a team they matched up poorly to and should have beat. I'm glad Teddy is happy Marchand played like shit and was a contributing factor in the Bruins loss.

Regarding Girardi, they have him for cheaper in Seidenberg. Regardless, both players will probably break down given their styles of play and be an albatross in the final year or two. Can only block so many shots.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 15, 2014 7:06 am

Self fag tag elvis?

Anyway agree with Dick, Chara looks hurt or is wearing down. Maybe Claude shouldn't have played him 77 games in an Olympic year when the division was locked up long ago.

Seeing Lucic nearly have a meltdown postgame was hilarious.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 15, 2014 7:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Self fag tag elvis?

Anyway agree with Dick, Chara looks hurt or is wearing down. Maybe Claude shouldn't have played him 77 games in an Olympic year when the division was locked up long ago.

The Canadians were slashing his hands all series and the refs never called it. He hurt one hand earlier in the series and then again last night. He was not very effective after he hurt his hand.
Bruins did not play well and they were thoroughly out goaltended.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 15, 2014 7:57 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well except my general going off was Teddy's 5 v 5 point regarding Bergy's line considering they single handedly win a game with their 5 v 5 play. Of course that takes critical thinking skills while not talking in absolutes and I prefer making my opinions based on 10 games. Can't wait to draft Bickell and Weise 1-2 in fantasy next year.

I can agree with elvii here. If Seidenberg weren't always hurt, the Bs wouldn't need a second veteran defender every year. I do also agree that Chara was done last night. He's got 3-4 years left in the tank, but not if he has to cover for Boychuk and 4 aggressive, young and stupid (and talented but that's not the point) defensemen every night.

No one is happy.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 15, 2014 8:58 am

Chara's hand may have been hurt--hard to feel sorry for a Bruin for getting injured by a slash when that is their bread and butter move--but it was his legs and lack thereof that did them in the last two seasons. Seidenberg is an interesting player, but the truth is he has had significant injuries in pretty much every season he has played in the show, the Stanley Cup year and the year that followed being the only exceptions. At 33 years old next year, with a blown out knee and his injury history I don't think the Bs can count on him for much of anything.

In the 21st century iteration of the game it is really hard to be a physical #1 defensemen and last for a long period of time. Too many hits, too many blocked shots and too many systems that are geared to murdering you off the dump and chase. I have always maintained that the worst thing that has ever happened to Dan Girardi was Michael Sauer's injury. A line up where Girardi-McDonaugh is followed by Sauer-Staal is followed by Stralman-Moore is far and away the best defense in the NHL, but also allows Girardi-McDonaugh to only play around 22 minutes as opposed to 27 to 30. That will probably be the difference between Girardi turning into a corpse about 4 years into his deal and still being an effective player at 36.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 15, 2014 9:04 am

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The Canadians were slashing his hands all series and the refs never called it. He hurt one hand earlier in the series and then again last night. He was not very effective after he hurt his hand.

The hand wasn't the reason he was being left in the dust by MTL forwards though.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu May 15, 2014 9:12 am

For Teddy's edification, I will offer the following excerpt from Jackie MacMullan's article on the ESPN website:

"They will ruminate over the complete implosion of Brad Marchand, who completed his nightmarish series against the Habs last night with as many penalties (two) and giveaways (two) as he had shots on net.

"Every game I had opportunities," Marchand said. "Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. Maybe it was a lack of focus.

"I didn't come up big when the team needed me."

Boston will not undergo the kind of radical changes that appear to be in store for the underperforming Pittsburgh Penguins. The Bruins' core veterans aren't going anywhere, but if a sniff of change is in the air, it could well impact Marchand, who did nothing to make his case as a valued postseason performer."

That has to taste delicious.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 15, 2014 9:15 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

The hand wasn't the reason he was being left in the dust by MTL forwards though.

He's slow. Everyone blows by him, he usually meets up with them and engulfs them in the corners. He got trapped pinching a ton this series because they were always down two goals by the end of the first, so it looked a lot worse that it usually does.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 15, 2014 9:16 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:For Teddy's edification, I will offer the following excerpt from Jackie MacMullan's article on the ESPN website:

"They will ruminate over the complete implosion of Brad Marchand, who completed his nightmarish series against the Habs last night with as many penalties (two) and giveaways (two) as he had shots on net.

"Every game I had opportunities," Marchand said. "Sometimes they go in, sometimes they don't. Maybe it was a lack of focus.

"I didn't come up big when the team needed me."

Boston will not undergo the kind of radical changes that appear to be in store for the underperforming Pittsburgh Penguins. The Bruins' core veterans aren't going anywhere, but if a sniff of change is in the air, it could well impact Marchand, who did nothing to make his case as a valued postseason performer."

That has to taste delicious.

elvii will tell you that MacMullen spelled "Bartkowski" incorrectly.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 15, 2014 9:48 am

Last night at least. Marchand missed the one on the doorstep where he put it over the net IIRC but Bartkowski was the catalyst for two Montreal goals, the second being when he couldn't get the puck deep after taking it into the Montreal zone on the PK. Turnover, odd man rush, off Chara's skate and ballgame. Of course it is a team game and blame can be handed down to several different players. Bartkowski was a special brand of suck last night though.

I'm having difficulty on ranking the shittiness of Bart, Krejci, Marchand, Lucic, Iginla and the fourth line minus Paille right now.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu May 15, 2014 10:02 am

This is a good thread. Keep on keeping on, hockey weirdos.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri May 16, 2014 11:50 am

The Bruins have a core group that has done well, but they are not getting any younger. That was evident. I initially thought that the Seguin trade might make sense, but I now regret that the Bruins made it. Although Ericksson had a good series, the lack of firepower was evident when your first and second lines can't score. Seguin is just coming into his prime. It is a shame that they traded him.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:55 am

The idea that the Broons are old is a fallacy. Chara is old.

Oh, and Seguin wouldn't play in the corners, so fuck him. Maybe he should join Toronto with the other guy that will score 40 goals in the regular season but won't do the things necessary to win.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 16, 2014 12:11 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:

He's slow. Everyone blows by him, he usually meets up with them and engulfs them in the corners. He got trapped pinching a ton this series because they were always down two goals by the end of the first, so it looked a lot worse that it usually does.

From Otto Sykora, general manager of the Slovak national men's hockey team:

"Zdeno was injured in the fourth game of the series on ice for Montreal and suffered an open fracture of the finger on the hand., Now risking infection and on Friday he will further surgery. Sorry that happened to him such injury, but American doctors and recommended him to start the championship . Zdeno had a great flavor to strengthen our team, but his health was against.”
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 12:13 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that the Broons are old is a fallacy. Chara is old.

Oh, and Seguin wouldn't play in the corners, so fuck him. Maybe he should join Toronto with the other guy that will score 40 goals in the regular season but won't do the things necessary to win.

last I checked kane doesn't play in the corners too much

(spare me the last I checked seguin isn't kane)

last I checked gaborik doesn't play in the corners too much

had some boston mongo tell me last weekend that you can't win championships in the nhl unless every player is a blue collar player (hence the rant). just absolute joke
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 12:19 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:The idea that the Broons are old is a fallacy. Chara is old.

had some boston mongo tell me last weekend that you can't win championships in the nhl unless every player is a blue collar player (hence the rant). just absolute joke

Well wake me next time Kessel or Seguin is on a team that's a threat to win the Cup. I'll be sleeping a while.

I suppose if either gets traded to a line with the best center in the world, it could happen. Otherwise, they are both trapped in Ovechkinland.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 1:24 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:

Well wake me next time Kessel or Seguin is on a team that's a threat to win the Cup. I'll be sleeping a while.

I suppose if either gets traded to a line with the best center in the world, it could happen. Otherwise, they are both trapped in Ovechkinland.

you put gaborik on either on stars or leafs and they're nowhere as well. no player can win it by himself.

end of the day, you'd rather have kessel / seguin on your team than not. its pretty simple.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby gallopingghost on Fri May 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Seguin was the 3rd leading scorer in the NHL last season, so obviously he has no trouble in the corners. That was not his problem. He liked to party too much, so they got rid of him. WTF do you expect from a 22 year old? A number 2 pick does not come along all the time. It was a shame to throw away a talent like that.
gallopingghost
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:22 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

Seguin was the 3rd leading scorer in the NHL last season, so obviously he has no trouble in the corners. That was not his problem. He liked to party too much, so they got rid of him. WTF do you expect from a 22 year old? A number 2 pick does not come along all the time. It was a shame to throw away a talent like that.

Any Bs fan will tell you that the off ice stuff was just the final straw. Watched the kid for three seasons and wouldn't know if he was good in the corners because he never went there.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:23 pm

P&S Patrick Kane blows too. Nice Olympics, d-bag.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 2:34 pm

gallopingghost {l Wrote}:

I golfed with bowman (hawks gm, not the dad) over last summer (humble :tophat ) and kane came up bc I have met him a few times on campus. asked bowman what he thought of his antics. said don't really care, he'd be doing the exact same thing if he had his skills at his age.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 pm

He certainly skates pretty.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 16, 2014 2:38 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He certainly skates pretty.

im going to laugh at the idiot who falls into this rabbit hole
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 16, 2014 2:46 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:He certainly skates pretty.

im going to laugh at the idiot who falls into this rabbit hole

Has he scored in the Olympics yet?
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink