Pike's Peak?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Pike's Peak?

Postby The Don Killuminati on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:04 am

My roommate is friends with one of the Hockey Managers. He said yesterday was the Pike's Peak Banquet (Hockey Award Banquet). Did any of you go? If so how was it? It must have been nice to see all the players who worked so hard to win 19 in a row and finish with a National Championship, get honored! Thank God for Coach York! How cool would it be if he could be the next AD?!
The Don Killuminati
n00b

Re: Pike's Peak?

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:25 am

The Don Killuminati {l Wrote}:My roommate is friends with one of the Hockey Managers. He said yesterday was the Pike's Peak Banquet (Hockey Award Banquet). Did any of you go? If so how was it? It must have been nice to see all the players who worked so hard to win 19 in a row and finish with a National Championship, get honored! Thank God for Coach York! How cool would it be if he could be the next AD?!

I went yesterday along with several of EO people. It was excellent as usual.

MVPs: Almeida, Dumoulin, Miner...I think it should've been just Milner
Most Improved: Kreider....wtf? Doesn't make sense to me. Sure he's improved but I can think of about 5 players who took a bigger jump this year.
Freshman: Gaudreau..makes sense
Coaches' Award: Venti & manager Samson Lee
Typifies BC hockey: Cross & Carey
Academic Excellence: Cross...had a great speech
Academic Achievement: Shea...had a nice speech about growing up dreaming of playing for BC.

I think it said a lot that the both Dumoulin & Kreiders parents were there as well.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby The Don Killuminati on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:13 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
The Don Killuminati {l Wrote}:My roommate is friends with one of the Hockey Managers. He said yesterday was the Pike's Peak Banquet (Hockey Award Banquet). Did any of you go? If so how was it? It must have been nice to see all the players who worked so hard to win 19 in a row and finish with a National Championship, get honored! Thank God for Coach York! How cool would it be if he could be the next AD?!

Most Improved: Kreider....wtf? Doesn't make sense to me. Sure he's improved but I can think of about 5 players who took a bigger jump this year.
Academic Achievement: Shea...had a nice speech about growing up dreaming of playing for BC.

I think it said a lot that the both Dumoulin & Kreiders parents were there as well.

Thank you for the update! The hockey team makes me proud to be an Eagle!
The Don Killuminati
n00b

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:02 pm

It was my first banquet and I ran into a couple of familiar people. It was well done and anyone who had to do with the team was mentioned. It was nice seeing guys from the 25th and 50th anniversary teams. Some interesting stories and I think the guys from the 25th anniversary team mentioned their team was stacked but couldn't seal the deal. I remember one year, the year of the 1st HE Tournament, Chris Terreri absolutely stoned BC as PC was outshot like 4-1 by BC and still managed to win. Lee Blossom played after I graduated from BC and said a few words. They had some real good teams in the 80s but again sheer fustration as far as winning any trophies.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby eaglecaddy on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:49 pm

The Don Killuminati {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Why would you need an update on an event that you attended and created the video for? :lame
eaglecaddy
Campion Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:08 am

The Don Killuminati {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Vinny, what was the point of this gimmick? If you want to post on EO then post on EO. "@bcinterruption @BostonCollege @BCSportsNews great to be at the Pikes Peak Banquet!! What a team what a season!" :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Hey, here's the video from the dinner:
Link
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:26 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey, here's the video from the dinner:
Link

youtube blocked at work... buffalo bill?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:28 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Hey, here's the video from the dinner:
Link

youtube blocked at work... buffalo bill?

What? No. It's the team video on Youtube that was played at the pike's peak dinner. What the hell kind of stuff do you think Jerry and the boys are in to?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Return to Kelley Rink