NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:30 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm still amused that a lawyer of all people doesn't distinguish between "incessant" and "occasional."

He cried the whole 2010 playoff series and he cried after the Horton hit. Incessant. Not occasional.

To be frank, I don't think Claude has enough command of English (or, for that matter French, which he speaks equally goofily) to speak incessantly about anything.

Ian Lapperiere has been a hockey commentator for two seasons now without any grasp on the English language whatsoever.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:34 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm still amused that a lawyer of all people doesn't distinguish between "incessant" and "occasional."

He cried the whole 2010 playoff series and he cried after the Horton hit. Incessant. Not occasional.

To be frank, I don't think Claude has enough command of English (or, for that matter French, which he speaks equally goofily) to speak incessantly about anything.

Ian Lapperiere has been a hockey commentator for two seasons now without any grasp on the English language whatsoever.

But that's because he likes to block pucks with his face.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Well because the Horton hit was basically the same as Paille's. And the 2010 Flyers employed Danny Briere, Mike Richards and a healthy Chris Pronger so I'm sure they were doing something illegal between the three of them.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

But that's because he likes to block pucks with his face.

and he's one of those french canadian people.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:37 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I can't believe you guys can't find anything better than Zac Rinaldo to fight about.

He would've wanted that way. Plus what else are we going to talk about with Chris Pronger and the Flying Elbows sitting at home with a headache?

you know who else has a headache?

I would love to know what the difference between that hit and the below hit was. In case you haven't figured out, I think Brendan Shanahan is a goddman retard.

Are you sure your not sad because Shannahan's Jon DeFillipo like son isn't a fungible fourth line player on your team thus preventing the continuing ridiculous Campbell era double standard?

Mike Murphy's son does not, nor ever has, played on the Bruins.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Well because the Horton hit was basically the same as Paille's. And the 2010 Flyers employed Danny Briere, Mike Richards and a healthy Chris Pronger so I'm sure they were doing something illegal between the three of them.

Unless your the penguins I find that whining is often justified in the NHL.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Or Vancouver. I think Kesler thought he was being cast for the latest Step Up, oh, let's go with Step Up 8 on multiple occasions last night.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:51 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Or Vancouver. I think Kesler thought he was being cast for the latest Step Up, oh, let's go with Step Up 8 on multiple occasions last night.

Subban-esque
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:52 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Fuck the Flyers. The only solace I have is whomever comes out of that matchup is going to be beaten to a pulp and emotionally spent. Softened up for the 2nd round.

If Ryan Miller and Lindy Ruff are crying and no one is listening because the Sabres are sitting at home, do they make any noise?

Who are you trying to insult with this statement? RevMike?

aren't you from upstate new york somewhere and thus a sabres fan. I don't understand how upstate new york works. I may have made this mistake last year also.

From a sports perspective, I'm fortunate my dad is from the NYC area. So I've been spared Bills fandom and Sabres fandom, though. I was a Rangers fan, and probably will bandwagon this year, which is why I say fuck Philly.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:53 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Subban-esque

Racist.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:11 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Fuck the Flyers. The only solace I have is whomever comes out of that matchup is going to be beaten to a pulp and emotionally spent. Softened up for the 2nd round.

If Ryan Miller and Lindy Ruff are crying and no one is listening because the Sabres are sitting at home, do they make any noise?

aren't you from upstate new york somewhere and thus a sabres fan. I don't understand how upstate new york works. I may have made this mistake last year also.

From a sports perspective, I'm fortunate my dad is from the NYC area. So I've been spared Bills fandom and Sabres fandom, though. I was a Rangers fan, and probably will bandwagon this year, which is why I say fuck Philly.

just keep in mind I will forget this shortly and say the something similar again in the next 4-6 months.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:39 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

just keep in mind I will forget this shortly and say the something similar again in the next 4-6 months.

Are you expecting to get hit by Tom Sesito or something?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:45 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Are you expecting to get hit by Tom Sesito or something?

I don't think he can even walk right now, so not yet.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:52 pm

this is more offensive to me than all the whining in Pittsburgh

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequentflyers/NHL-admits-blown-call.html

The fucking league "admits" they blew an offsides call on Briere's first goal. It was absofuckinglotely offsides, but the same idiots waived off an icing despite Coburn hitting the puck first which led to a Penguins goal some ten minutes prior. Strangely, the non-Penguins team didn't receive an apology. Snyder should have Brian Roberts black out the pens next series if they beat the Flyers.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:this is more offensive to me than all the whining in Pittsburgh

The fucking league "admits" they blew an offsides call on Briere's first goal. It was absofuckinglotely offsides, but the same idiots waived off an icing despite Coburn hitting the puck first which led to a Penguins goal some ten minutes prior. Strangely, the non-Penguins team didn't receive an apology. Snyder should have Brian Roberts black out the pens next series if they beat the Flyers.

Tonight was fun.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:26 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Tonight was fun.

Agreed.

Callahan was a monster
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:56 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:this is more offensive to me than all the whining in Pittsburgh

Tonight was fun.

BignickJS
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:14 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Tonight was fun.

BignickJS

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 am

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:51 am

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:54 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

that's amazing, I didn't see that before, is he OK?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:58 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

that's amazing, I didn't see that before, is he OK?

I think hope.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 am

This is what would have happened if a Canuck had been hit by that falling glass:

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:05 am

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:46 am

Krejci sat out practice today FWIW. If this think puts him out for any time at all I am...well, I am not going to be happy.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Krejci sat out practice today FWIW. If this think puts him out for any time at all I am...well, I am not going to be happy.

Tough night for him...17 mins, got hit in the face with a stick, and a 100lb pane of glass fell on him. Hopefully it's just a "maintenance day." FWIW, Wilbur wrote earlier this morning that he's OK.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists ... ci_re.html
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Krejci sat out practice today FWIW. If this think puts him out for any time at all I am...well, I am not going to be happy.

Tough night for him...17 mins, got hit in the face with a stick, and a 100lb pane of glass fell on him. Hopefully it's just a "maintenance day." FWIW, Wilbur wrote earlier this morning that he's OK.

He's pretty important to the Bs offense right?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:53 am

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

He's pretty important to the Bs offense right?

exceedingly
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:32 am

Per Chia, Krejci is day-to-day. For fucks sake.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:37 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Per Chia, Krejci is day-to-day. For fucks sake.

What a pussy.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink