NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 am

Not going to shit on Lundqvist at all, he's the only reason why the Rangers made the playoffs, beat the caps, and won a game against the Bs.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Fri May 24, 2013 9:38 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rangers fans are going to shit on him a little, but Lunqvist has been really good in my opinion

Um, no.

I think you're confusing us with Philadelphia when you assume we will turn on our best player because our expectations haven't been met. Rangers fans understand he's a big reason why they're here, and also understand that you can't just stick a goalie back there and give him inconsistent/little help offensively or defensively and expect the Cup.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:44 am

I didn't mean the Rangers fans on here specifically, but there has been some grumbling about soft goals in Game 1 and the Paille goal in Game 3.

I was just noting that this series has been the best I have seen the Bruins play offensively all year - and other than Game 2, they haven't put up a ton of goals despite the fact that it feels like they should have about 6 a game. The breakaways that he has stoned stand out, but he's been good all around.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri May 24, 2013 9:50 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Rangers fans are going to shit on him a little, but Lunqvist has been really good in my opinion

Um, no.

I think you're confusing us with Philadelphia when you assume we will turn on our best player because our expectations haven't been met. Rangers fans understand he's a big reason why they're here, and also understand that you can't just stick a goalie back there and give him inconsistent/little help offensively or defensively and expect the Cup.

Well Philly usually has a reason to shit on their goalies. I mean they haven't had anything resembling a brick wall since Pelle Lindbergh became one with a brick wall.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri May 24, 2013 9:52 am

I meant Philly sports in general. Probably Eagles fans.

And Ilya Bryzgrolav is nothing if not entertaining, at least:

He loves Angry Birds
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri May 24, 2013 9:56 am

I know, I just wanted to make a Pelle Lindbergh joke. It's only hockey. Why you heff to be so mad?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun May 26, 2013 1:31 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Great goal by krieder. Bruins can't win when rask is that bad.

Two fluke/random/however you want to phrase it goals and the Rags still need OT to win it. Despite what Felger and the rest of the mouthbreathing radio contingent wants you to believe, I'm not too concerned.

Yeah, that was kind of my implied point. Rask looked like he was daydreaming and the Broons couldn't get early opportunities by Lundqvist and it still ended up in OT.

Rangers fans are going to shit on him a little, but Lunqvist has been really good in my opinion, despite the results. Put Holtby or the Pens goalie in there with the rest of the Rangers team playing this lethargic, and the Broons could be averaging 6-7 goals a game.

We are smart. And, not to troll too much as I actually like the Rangers outside of Boyle and Dorsett and Lundqvist truly deserved better, but this wasn't too surprising. I was scared in the first and then the B's more or less just destroyed them afterwards. Torts will get fired and will find himself in an analyst role for 6 months before become a new head coach so I feel bad for whichever team hopes he's the next Babcock. Mike Keenan 2.0, though not to that extreme.

Edit: Nash - 1 goal, 4 apples. Ouch. If only he was as good as his former CBJ teammates. And now I'm trolling.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 28, 2013 9:06 am

as long as the kings win tonight, ill be very happy with any cup final.

det - bos
det - pit
chi - bos
chi - pit
la - bos
la - pit

all great matchups
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 28, 2013 9:49 am

SJ-BOS would be nice for the Joe Thornton storyline. The NHL will pretty much be happy with any scenario regardless. More so if one of DET or CHI get there but there are certainly worse markets than San Jose and LA.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:05 am

another very good game last night

considering i don't expect the nhl to do much right this isn't a suprise but a week off for boston & the crosbys and having the west, which has 2 games 7s, start before the east? which genius decided that?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 29, 2013 8:24 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:another very good game last night

considering i don't expect the nhl to do much right this isn't a suprise but a week off for boston & the crosbys and having the west, which has 2 games 7s, start before the east? which genius decided that?

TV gnomes.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Francesa just broke Tortorella's firing and it was hilarious.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:07 pm

There's a reason he's #1

He didn't want more than a period of regular season hockey and breaks that the coach is being fired before anyone else

Regarding the news, I'm suprised.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:There's a reason he's #1

He didn't want more than a period of regular season hockey and breaks that the coach is being fired before anyone else

The sound of Francesa shouting to be put on the air "RIGHT NOW!" during Joe and Evan's show made me giggle like a school girl.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Wed May 29, 2013 12:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:There's a reason he's #1

Agreed...i thought he'd get one more year. Lots of Rangers beat writers thought he would too. Say what you want about his style/abbrasiveness...he won 3 playoff series over the last two years. My question is, how much longer does Sather have?
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 29, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah. That took me by surprise. I thought the fact that it was a shortened season/they changed the roster so much meant he'd get another year. I'm ok with this, though. Torts has a shelf-life as a coach and I think it'd be bad to let him linger too long.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 29, 2013 12:45 pm

i got tired of him very quickly this year. happy to see him go
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Wed May 29, 2013 12:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:i got tired of him very quickly this year. happy to see him go

I don't think he knows how to coach youth/a team with some of the offensive potential he has.

I think he'd rather coach a team made up of Brian Boyles.
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 29, 2013 1:02 pm

this team shouldve been:

nash-richards-gaborik
callahan-stepan-hagelin
kreider-miller-zuccarello
pyatt-boyle-asham

but that wouldve meant giving up some defensive prowess, which he was unwilling to do. even if the rangers couldnt find the back of the net if it was a soccer net.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 29, 2013 1:14 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
commavegarage {l Wrote}:i got tired of him very quickly this year. happy to see him go

I don't think he knows how to coach youth/a team with some of the offensive potential he has.

I think he'd rather coach a team made up of Brian Boyles.

His Lightning team had plenty of firepower with Richards, Lecavalier, St. Louis, D. Boyle, Stillman, among others. Of course that was pre-lockout so I'm not really sure how applicable his achievements are in today's game but that was a pretty loaded offensive team that scored goals and didn't give many up (2nd in East in GF and GA, presumable 1st in Goal Diff).

Fun fact, Pavel Kubina scored 17 goals that year. Dead Puck Era my ass!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 pm

Could not be happier to see him canned. He absolutely ruined this year's team with his innability to see the type of talent he had and adapt to it. This is what happens when you leave a dago in charge of anything.

Sather's usefullness has also long passed its shelf life, but sending him into permanent retirement is probably to much to ask from Drunk Jimmy Dolan.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Mixed feelings on the firing.

Here's the list of teams in the east that have won more games in the playoffs the last 3 years: Bruins. Making the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, winning a round the last couple of years, is it the ultimate goal? Of course not but there aren't a ton of teams that have made the playoffs as much as he did.

On the otherhand, I disagreed with Torts, this year was a step back. In ability to adjust to the roster presented to him was terrible. Gaborik was a 40 goal scorer 2 of 3 years, those don't grow on trees, I like what they netted in the trade (still not sold on Dorsett) but this team had trouble scoring throughout the year and he sent their #1 scorer packing. As I've said, what he did for Kreider's development this year was criminal. He played decent minutes with the top line in games 4 & 5 and I don't remember the Bs having a shooting gallery on Lundqvist or was he a walking turnover.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Since Duchie put the Cory news on the basketball forum, I'll continue it here. Anyone know anything about this?

https://twitter.com/RealBillWatters/sta ... 3705290753

@RealBillWatters
Schneider 's exit from Vancouver was precipitated by off ice issues,rather than goaltending and financial as outlined in Gillis'rationale.

Or just some moron throwing shit against a wall?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Waters is a legit reporter so I imagine there's some smoke. There was a rumor floating around that Kesler banged his girlfriend but who knows how much truth there is to that. Waters did say it wasn't booze or drug related, so there's that.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:07 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:19 pm

Solid start to game 3 Fleury
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:50 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Marc-Andre Fleury being Marc-Andre Fleury. Two brutal goals to bring Lumbus back into the series.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Marc-Andre Fleury being Marc-Andre Fleury. Two brutal goals to bring Lumbus back into the series.

Columbus is terrible, I can't believe that series is 2-2
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:47 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Marc-Andre Fleury being Marc-Andre Fleury. Two brutal goals to bring Lumbus back into the series.

Columbus is terrible, I can't believe that series is 2-2

Fluery makes Columbus look like the mid-80s Islanders.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink