NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Second Round Picks)

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}: The Nats are intriguing. Mike Rizzo has done a phenomenal job assembling talent and he appears to be batshit crazy as well.

"Cole Hamels says he's old school? He's the polar opposite of old school. He's fake tough," Rizzo said, according to the report. "He thinks he's going to intimidate us after hitting our 19-year-old rookie who's eight games into the big leagues? He doesn't know who he's dealing with.

"He thinks he's sending a message to us of being a tough guy. He's sending the polar opposite message. He says he's being honest, well, I'm being honest. It was a gutless chicken (bleep-bleeping) act," Rizzo added, according to the report. "That was a fake-tough act. No one has ever accused Cole Hamels of being old school."

"This goes beyond rivalry and all that stuff," Rizzo added. "This points to, you take the youngest guy in baseball. He's never done a thing. And then Hamels patted himself on the back. Harper's old school. Hitting him on the back, that ain't old school. That's (bleeping) chicken (bleep)."
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Exactly. I am praying that at some point he will completely lose it and put a bounty on Cole Hamels like he is Tim McKracken.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 pm

Man... Fuck the Nationals, Werth's glass wrists, Strasburg's elbow and Bryce Harper's boundless yet hopefully never to be realized JD Drew-Greg Jeffries potential.

Philadelphia has annexed their shitty stadium and I don't think the Phillies are done yet.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Giroux suspended
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Man... Fuck the Nationals, Werth's glass wrists, Strasburg's elbow and Bryce Harper's boundless yet hopefully never to be realized JD Drew-Greg Jeffries potential.

Did you attempt to drive to the Walt Whitman in 2007, or did you merely boo in the direction of the framed photo of JD on your wall that you use as a dart board?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 3:20 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Man... Fuck the Nationals, Werth's glass wrists, Strasburg's elbow and Bryce Harper's boundless yet hopefully never to be realized JD Drew-Greg Jeffries potential.

Did you attempt to drive to the Walt Whitman in 2007, or did you merely boo in the direction of the framed photo of JD on your wall that you use as a dart board?

Come on Nick. That's just absurd. Everything about that. Everyone knows Philly fans throw D batteries and not darts.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Come on Nick. That's just absurd. Everything about that. Everyone knows Philly fans throw D batteries and not darts.

Oh wait, never mind. Booing never occurs in Philly. Dec. 15, 1968 is a narrative that was wildly overblown by the media.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Oh wait, never mind. Booing never occurs in Philly. Dec. 15, 1968 is a narrative that was wildly overblown by the media.

You have D Batteries and Santa. What are you missing? You just need to hit a few more dumb talking points and you could be one of the guys eepstein jerks it too for his basketball analysis.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Unrelated to Nick's attempts to become a more LinkedIn Chris Berman, I really, really, really want to see a Devils Coyotes cup. I mean not see it obviously, because I won't watch that garbage, but it would serve the BigEast of professional sports leagues right.

Fuck the NHL.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:28 pm

I actually don't mind the Devils this year. Between Kovalchuk and Parise they're fun to watch...plus they have Gionta playing regularly and Harrold as their 7th D. Plus I think the NHL would love the Marty making one last run at the cup.

Of all the teams left...i'm sure the NHL is praying for Kings vs. Caps/Rangers
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 4:34 pm

I want to see Kings vs. Flyers.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:I actually don't mind the Devils this year. Between Kovalchuk and Parise they're fun to watch...plus they have Gionta playing regularly and Harrold as their 7th D. Plus I think the NHL would love the Marty making one last run at the cup.

Of all the teams left...i'm sure the NHL is praying for Kings vs. Caps/Rangers

I think Parise is great. I actually like him as well. Kovie is skilled but I don't think he's remotely interesting to watch. The rest of the team is the real problem, its like 3 4th lines(which are kicking the shit out of my team) gum up neutral zone, catch puck in corner, wait, wait, wait. I agree the NHL probably thinks brodeur is a nice story(Even though he cheated on his wife with his sister-in-law), but 99% of the world wouldn't know who he was without his jersey and unless you are Ron Hextall, goalies are not that interesting. Also Newark.

Yotes-Devils could lead to immediate major contraction.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 7:48 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:Unrelated to Nick's attempts to become a more LinkedIn Chris Berman, I really, really, really want to see a Devils Coyotes cup. I mean not see it obviously, because I won't watch that garbage, but it would serve the BigEast of professional sports leagues right.

Fuck the NHL.

I figure you realize that your vigorous defense of this sort of confirms my original observation.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 8:43 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I want to see Kings vs. Flyers.

This would not only be the most interesting series hockey wise but the storylines are wonderful. Who on the Flyers would pull a Lapierre and throw a stick of snow up to Richards' nose.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Un f*cking believable. Literally the only place that puck can go and go in...and it goes right there. Rangers win this on the power play in OT. No doubt.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 pm

The refs hate the Rangers so much they let Hagelin get cleaned up and don't kick the center out for delaying the faceoff.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:14 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:Un f*cking believable. Literally the only place that puck can go and go in...and it goes right there. Rangers win this on the power play in OT. No doubt.

The Rags' PP is bad. I'm rooting for about 6 OTs here.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
bchockey04 {l Wrote}:Un f*cking believable. Literally the only place that puck can go and go in...and it goes right there. Rangers win this on the power play in OT. No doubt.

I've been rooting for al Qaeda all series but they're coming up like the pre-2012 Caps this year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:20 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I've been rooting for al Qaeda all series but they're coming up like the pre-2012 Caps this year.

Well, at least bchockey04 is good at predicting stuff :shrug
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 pm

Sigh. Hagelin, Richards, Gaborik line dominated all game..could see it coming. Being a caps fan is like being a BC football fan sadly.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

:81
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 07, 2012 9:33 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The refs hate the Rangers so much they let Hagelin get cleaned up and don't kick the center out for delaying the faceoff.

Go douche yourself. Your Vuhgyna is obviously yeasty. Here are the facts--being echoed on the CBC--the Caps are getting away with playing with one arm off the stick the entire time in the corners. I think PJ Stock just said "I thought the refs we're supposed to call interference on those plays. If I am the Rangers I am all over the League Office tomorrow."

As for the delay, yeah it shouldn't have happened but that is a generally minor oversight. Letting team go back to playing late 90s hockey without any reprecussions is a bigger glaring problem.

Other observations--Lundqvist has a suspect catching glove right now. That is a big problem. If the voting included the playoffs, Quick would be the Vezina winner. As it is, the Caps can honestly be more comfortable with Holtby right now as weird as it is to say about a guy whose name means "Varlamov" in Canadian.

Also, how many N-bombs were dropped at OJ's house after the tying goal and the winning goal. Poor Joel Ward may get home tonight to find a cross burning on his lawn.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 07, 2012 9:40 pm

By the way, I am now watching the hostage video that is masquerading as the Caps postgame show. I think Alan May is drunk and Joe Benninati can't stop crying. It is pure gold.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 10:53 pm

I fail to see what other calls and other incompetences of the refs have to do with them failing to perform the most basic and innocuous of tasks, such as kick out the center when one of the linemates is late to getting in position for the faceoff. I fail to see anything remotely controversial with that seeing as how Hagelin was a solid 5-10 seconds late to the dot with everyone else already in position because his soft skin was busy getting toweled off. Not saying it would've definitively made a difference but not having your ideal faceoff guy in there for whatever they were trying to set up is pretty big.

But the whole "The NHL is against us!!!!" narrative is especially bemusing given the remaining markets left in the playoffs assuming those Santa haters down in Philly don't come back (happy now 9903 or are you going to cheer me like you did a paralyzed Michael Irvin?).

Edit: Tge book on Lundqvist has always been go high do no surprise there. Though I was confused as to why MSG was doing MVP chants for a game in which Jonathan Quick wasn't playing.
Last edited by flyingelvii on Mon May 07, 2012 10:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:By the way, I am now watching the hostage video that is masquerading as the Caps postgame show. I think Alan May is drunk and Joe Benninati can't stop crying. It is pure gold.

Blah blah blah. Please tell me how 99.5% of caps fans don't know anything about the team again. That turned out well for you last time.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon May 07, 2012 11:03 pm

there are some fantastic sour grapes in this thread

:chewbanka :chewbanka :chewbanka
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 08, 2012 7:10 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I fail to see what other calls and other incompetences of the refs have to do with them failing to perform the most basic and innocuous of tasks, such as kick out the center when one of the linemates is late to getting in position for the faceoff. I fail to see anything remotely controversial with that seeing as how Hagelin was a solid 5-10 seconds late to the dot with everyone else already in position because his soft skin was busy getting toweled off. Not saying it would've definitively made a difference but not having your ideal faceoff guy in there for whatever they were trying to set up is pretty big.

But the whole "The NHL is against us!!!!" narrative is especially bemusing given the remaining markets left in the playoffs assuming those Santa haters down in Philly don't come back (happy now 9903 or are you going to cheer me like you did a paralyzed Michael Irvin?).

Edit: Tge book on Lundqvist has always been go high do no surprise there. Though I was confused as to why MSG was doing MVP chants for a game in which Jonathan Quick wasn't playing.

Edited 3 times, wow
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:08 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:I fail to see what other calls and other incompetences of the refs have to do with them failing to perform the most basic and innocuous of tasks, such as kick out the center when one of the linemates is late to getting in position for the faceoff. I fail to see anything remotely controversial with that seeing as how Hagelin was a solid 5-10 seconds late to the dot with everyone else already in position because his soft skin was busy getting toweled off. Not saying it would've definitively made a difference but not having your ideal faceoff guy in there for whatever they were trying to set up is pretty big.

are you paralyzed?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue May 08, 2012 8:32 am

it's good to know there's still a place on EO to find :slapfight even after the events of yesterday.

carry on, hockey weird0s.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 am

Phoenix in 5
bignick33
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink