NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Holtby will be back in the minors next year just as he was sent down at the beginning of this year. The reason is simple--he sucks against any team that has a modicum of offensive competence.

Wasn't even a year ago that he stopped 94% of shots against in advancing past the #2 scoring team in the league. Stop talking.

God you are a stupid fuck. He had a good playoff and then sucked balls to start the season. Read the stat line, he is a mediocre goalie at best. McPhee apparently thinks so as well as the only move he apparently wanted to make at the deadline was a veteran goalie.

I do love you guys, however, as you prove that Caps fans are the least knowledgeable in the league.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon May 06, 2013 7:40 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Holtby will be back in the minors next year just as he was sent down at the beginning of this year. The reason is simple--he sucks against any team that has a modicum of offensive competence.

Wasn't even a year ago that he stopped 94% of shots against in advancing past the #2 scoring team in the league. Stop talking.

God you are a stupid fuck. He had a good playoff and then sucked balls to start the season. Read the stat line, he is a mediocre goalie at best. McPhee apparently thinks so as well as the only move he apparently wanted to make at the deadline was a veteran goalie.

I do love you guys, however, as you prove that Caps fans are the least knowledgeable in the league.

There was a lot of suck to start the season around the league. The lockout fucked with a lot of routine, especially for younger players who haven't necessarily figured out how to have discipline outside of the team. A coaching change can have an effect, and did, simpleton.

It's not my fault you were wrong about him sucking against any team with a modicum of offensive competence - you did that one all on your own, chief. Stupid fucks are the ones who make stupid mistakes and then circle back when caught on it.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

There was a lot of suck to start the season around the league. The lockout fucked with a lot of routine, especially for younger players who haven't necessarily figured out how to have discipline outside of the team. A coaching change can have an effect, and did, simpleton.

It's not my fault you were wrong about him sucking against any team with a modicum of offensive competence - you did that one all on your own, chief. Stupid fucks are the ones who make stupid mistakes and then circle back when caught on it.

Yeah Oates hurt Holtby. You really are dumber than shit. Notice you ducked when forced to confront his numbers. And how about his .875 save percentage tonight and the fact that he looks like he is fighting beach balls. Here's a tip, stick to thinking Mike Green is anything other than huge liability in the playoffs--that is the typical sort of Caps fan idiocy that is at least endearing. Holtby isn't worthy of your ill-informed devotion.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon May 06, 2013 7:57 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:

Yeah Oates hurt Holtby. You really are dumber than shit. Notice you ducked when forced to confront his numbers. And how about his .875 save percentage tonight and the fact that he looks like he is fighting beach balls. Here's a tip, stick to thinking Mike Green is anything other than huge liability in the playoffs--that is the typical sort of Caps fan idiocy that is at least endearing. Holtby isn't worthy of your ill-informed devotion.

I love how you've distorted direct evidence that he has done something other than suck against a team with a modicum of offense into a blind devotion on my part - what a moron. When all else fails, pretend your opponent has made an argument they haven't. And if you weren't so busy beating off to your own posts, you'd realize I've talked tons of shit about Mike Green in this very forum. Speaking of him, only a total idiot would discuss his liability in one breath and downplay is role in the first Ranger goal in the next.

More stupid mistakes...why am I not surprised?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 06, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm still waiting for the proof that Holtby was sent down to Hershey thing.

Not a great game tonight. Their best players weren't their best. Holtby let in two softies, but aldo bailed out the D a couple tomes. That being said the Caps still almost pulled it out. 3rd and 4th lines are bailing them out while the 2nd line is invisible. Also if the Rangers don't have Nash out there more against the caps 3rd D pair then Torts really should be fired. Oleksy is just not a full time NHL d-man. Was really hoping for a 3-0 series lead but Wednesday is all the more important now.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 07, 2013 10:52 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

So you didn't see the stick hook him in the throat from behind? My first inclination was that it was a soccer-esque dive, but between the replays and the fact that he didn't go down and start squirming like a bitch, it seems less so.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 07, 2013 11:09 am

Relax chalupa, it was a joke.

Was it a penalty? Yes. Did Ovi embellish it? Yes.

In other news, Gryba is in the lineup for tonight. If it was legal, you can bet on whether there will be a fight within the the first 5 minutes on bovada
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 07, 2013 11:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Relax chalupa, it was a joke.

Was it a penalty? Yes. Did Ovi embellish it? Yes.

In other news, Gryba is in the lineup for tonight. If it was legal, you can bet on whether there will be a fight within the the first 5 minutes on bovada

The playoffs are serious business!

pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 07, 2013 10:29 pm

Brandon Prust cannot eat enough dicks. And to think I actually liked his game last year.

Also, all hail the Walrus.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 08, 2013 7:03 am

What did he do last night, was too busy watching the fighting fishsticks (btw how the hell did fleury win a cup, he's a disaster back there).

Watched Sunday night and Prust was out of control, granted the whole game was, but maybe it's something about the jersey
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 09, 2013 10:09 am

Diving and othe douchebaggery of that ilk.

And Dion Phanuef. Lol.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Diving and othe douchebaggery of that ilk.

And Dion Phanuef. Lol.

Hey, at least he gets to bang Jack Bauer's daughter.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 09, 2013 11:33 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Diving and othe douchebaggery of that ilk.

And Dion Phanuef. Lol.

Hey, at least he gets to bang Jack Bauer's daughter.

Or Sean Avery's sloppy seconds.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm

good job, good effort

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Thu May 09, 2013 1:10 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:good job, good effort

That's tremendous
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 09, 2013 1:11 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:good job, good effort

While the end does not look good...he was coming all the way back from center ice, where his linemates were incapable of getting the puck to him and turned it over. So he's 1/3 to blame for this. He has not looked the same since the Strahlman hit in the first period of game 3.

Too bad the caps 3rd line can't play the whole game.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 09, 2013 2:27 pm

no point in defending gr8's d.

agreed the lower lines have put a lot more pressure on lundqvist of late, probably also due to the job that girardi & mcd have done with the first line.

lundqvist was really fighting the puck for much of the 3rd last night
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bchockey04 on Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:no point in defending gr8's d.

agreed the lower lines have put a lot more pressure on lundqvist of late, probably also due to the job that girardi & mcd have done with the first line.

lundqvist was really fighting the puck for much of the 3rd last night

Not defending it on that play... just pointing out that one clip doesn't show the whole play. But he's been much more responsible this season. There have been several times this series where he has been down in the corners fighting it out...and there was at least one time where his back-checking saved a goal (think it was game 2?). He's merely below average now rather than god awful.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 11, 2013 9:29 am

i can't see sather doing it but i would have zero problem letting torts go

why couldn't bu hire sullivan?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 13, 2013 9:47 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The Caps actually scare me.

EAST
PIT over NYI (6) - Fleury blows at least one and the Fishsticks steal another on the back of Tavares
OTT over MON (7) - Anderson takes this one
NYR over WAS (7) - Shitty draw for the Caps with Lundqvist and Richards getting hot recently.
BOS over TOR (5) - Ah why not?

PITT over OTT (7) - Karlsson and the PP scares the bejesus out of the Pens but not enough
BOS over NYR (6) - The B's seem to have Lundqvist's number this year

BOS over PITT (6) - Because I'm an unabashed homer

WEST
CHI over MINN (5) - Suter can't shutdown everyone
ANA over DET (7) - Detroit cools down big time and their backline is exposed
SJ over VAN (6) - Fuck the Sedins. And the Sharks are pretty hot right now.
STL over LA (7) - Cup hangover and STL defense takes this one. Why not?

SJ over CHI (6) - Old friend Niemi haunts CHI and Brent Burns comes up big playing forward
ANA over STL (5) - I don't want Teemu's career to end

ANA over SJ (5) - SJ turns back into a pumpkin. TEEMU POWER!

SCF
BOS over ANA (5) - Corey Perry is a douchebag.

Conn Smythe - Wade ReddenChara

Nailed the East if you switch the games for the Ottawa and Boston series. 2/4 for the West.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:55 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Awesome play by the goaltender of the future. He almost cracked the .875 save percentage barrier tonight and coming up with 3 sub-.900 save games in his last 4 is truly outstanding. He should probably start next season in Hershey as well and should probably start thinking of ways he can cash in on what will almost certainly be a very abbreviated NHL career. I could see him owning a couple of Tim Horton's in the Saskatoon Metroplex and maybe a bowling alley in Lloydminster.

The Caps are what happens when you build your team on a foundation of Euroswine with no heady North Americans to offset the softness--hell, Green should change his name to Greenberg (swede, not hebrew) and Chimera can be Chimerov. It is a good thing Brooks Laich isn't alive to see this disgrace. It is sad that George McPhee, whose murderizing of Dave Brown was one of the most awesome sports moments of my childhood is such an awful GM.

As for the 'gers, I like the match up with Boston. Lundqvist has been a mixed bag with the Bs this season, but historically he seems to have owned them. I expect him to revert to form. Plus, I don't think Rask is up to matching the King. At least I can respect the Bruins. The Caps are an abortion that never should have been born.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 am

A couple of more fun facts for the most ignorant fans in professional sports. Holtby finished in the bottom half of the league in both GAA and Save Percentage. McPhee was desperately trying to make a deal for Ryan Miller at the trade deadline--apparently offered up Green or Carlson or Backstrom and multiple draft picks but was turned down. Finally, as Alan May said this morning "I don't know why anyone would expect the organ-eye-zation to wed itself to a 2008 4th round draft pick with a record of poor playoff performances when it matters most."

And is their a worse announcing pair in any professional sports than Joe Benati and Craig Lacher? The only thing that could make it worse is if John Sterling did hockey games and joined them in the booth.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue May 14, 2013 9:04 am

And is their a worse announcing pair in any professional sports than Joe Benati and Craig Lacher? The only thing that could make it worse is if John Sterling did hockey games and joined them in the booth.

Jack Edwards?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 14, 2013 9:34 am

Good call. Edwards is fucking awful and in a just world would have been dragged out of the booth and shot like a lame mule. With that said, he does have some personality, which in my view makes him slightly better than Benati and Lacher.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 am

Agreed, Jack Edwards

AngryDick it's probably because you have to listen to him every night that annoys you (guess you could say the same about me and Jacko). Also why would the Sabres want Green?

Pretty impressive performance by gr8, resorting to the flying elbows after having fewer goals than Asham in the series. 20-5-2 against non-playoff teams, 7-13-1 playoff teams in the regular season should make the Caps move to the atlantic next season interesting.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 14, 2013 10:02 am

Jack Edwards is too retarded to be annoying. It's almost like the chick that is so ugly you don't even notice her.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue May 14, 2013 10:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Pretty impressive performance by gr8, resorting to the flying elbows

One could argue that's what the Broons did last night when they thought they were done. Bunch of cheap shots in that game, particularly Kelly and Chara. One could argue that that level of intensity also turned the game around, since Lucic was the catalyst.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am

Lucic boarded the shit out of Gunnarson with like 5 minutes left and then went into beast mode over the next few minutes.

Though I do enjoy fans talking sanctimoniously about other players when every team has multiple shitheads/pussies/bitches/other terms on it.

And for the record, Pittsburgh has the worst homer announcers. Jack is a homer but he has enthusiasm, regardless of whether or not it's the B's or opposition playing well, and calls a great fight. He'd be a great national guy but I'm content to at least have someone that's entertaining over the horror of the Washington or Pittsburgh announcers. I would put Chicago up higher but, all you kids at home look right here, look here, look here, Eddie O sucks.

Edit: What was the Chara cheapshot? All I remember is the tossing of JVR when their sticks were tangled and putting the hand in/pushing back Lupul's face after Rask gave him a nice right cross, which made me chuckle.
Last edited by flyingelvii on Tue May 14, 2013 10:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink