NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:54 am

Shitty they couldn't grab 1 off the bat.

Agreed getting Moore back will help Diaz while talented is a 7th defenseman for a reason, also balances out the L-R on the blueline. No question the Rangers speed on the wing surprised the Kings, will be interesting to see how they adjust.

What a ridiculous move by Doughty but he's got a little PK in him.

I will say, one positive of Richards potentially getting bought out is never having to see him on the point of the powerplay again.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:33 am

It would have been huge for the Rangers to steal that one. They need Game 2 I think.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:What a ridiculous move by Doughty but he's got a little PK in him.

Yup, pretty clear that CK's butt end never touched him.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Staal and Girardi were terrible last night. Nash was putrid despite Kreider buying him a lot of space in the first two periods. Truth is, the Rangers probably should have been up 4-1 after 2, but then again they have always sucked at finishing.

Not impressed with Quick. Can see why he has been terrible in the Olympics. He is always out of position and makes things a lot more difficult then it needs to be. Of course, he doesn't need to be very good to beat a team that can't put the puck in the ocean standing on the beach. Also, if Doughty sticks his leg out again someone needs to suck it up and go for the kill shot on his thigh. I am looking at you Dorsett.

Finally, color me unimpressed with the Kings 3rd period effort. yes they outshot the Rangers 20-3 and the Rangers looked like they were sleepwalking for the first 14 minutes, but from a quality chances standpoint, it was only a 5-3 advantage and if Hagelin fakes and rushes in on the stick side Quick is hopelessly out of position and the net is wide open.

In short, the Rangers played almost as badly as they did in Game 5 in Montreal and almost won. Now it is possible that they may play like shit and the Kings will grind out a sweep, but the level of hockey on display last night was a steep step down from that exhibited in last year's final. Of course that may have something to do with it being 90 degrees in LA and the ice sucking.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:45 pm

DomingoOrtiz {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:What a ridiculous move by Doughty but he's got a little PK in him.

Yup, pretty clear that CK's butt end never touched him.

I'm not so sure, let's go to the experts. hansen, did one man's butt end touch the other man?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:14 pm

The Rangers were in great shape until Stepan turned that damn puck over with a 2-0 lead late in the first period. The Kings got a lot of momentum to go into the locker room with that Clifford goal.

What are everyone's thoughts on Stepan? He seems to be incapable of playing a solid steady game. Moments of great hockey and then moments of bad hockey. He's like Mike Matheson at the forward position. Some of his turnovers are horrific and last night's was one of the worst. All sorts of time and no one near him in the defensive zone and still coughed it up.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:52 pm

Bad play by Stepan last night, the puck needs to get out.

Overall, think he's a good #2. Plays in all situations, is a right handed shot (only one in Rangers top 9) and is only 23 years old.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:53 pm

I hope they get the sniper that got Nash and Hank in OT.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Nash? Yes, Hank? Nice try fishing

So in a season where they call breathing on the goalie interference, that wasn't? Hilarious.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:33 pm

It was a penalty but that was a sell job that would make Mike Smith or Jon Quick proud. Apparently Ryan Miller is the only goalie these days that won't die from body contact with a player.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:47 am

Well, they gave it their 20% last night. I hope they'll save me the trouble of continuing to watch this abortion by having the decency to fold up like a cheap suit on Wednesday. It's pretty clear now that this version of the blueshirts is a 79 redux--a team that played way above it's abilities, got a lot of breaks along the way and gave a good upfront effort in the Finals before being overwhelmed by a superior team.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:55 am

Powerplay time last night:

B. Richards 8:47
R. McDonagh 8:10
D. Stepan 6:43
M. Zuccarello 6:17
C. Kreider 5:55
B. Pouliot 5:52
D. Brassard 5:02
M. St. Louis 4:38
D. Girardi 3:17
R. Nash 2:18

What the fuck is Vingeault doing w Richards (edit:) and with Nash.

If it wasn't for Hagelin that line never deserved to see the ice.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:00 am

im not gonna give up simply because I thought it was over vs pit.

but it seems pretty evident they had to get one of those games in LA. while I can complain about game 2 / interference call all I want, it doesn't excuse game 1.

gonna be a long few years with girardi on the books.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:05 pm

Well, at least they did not go gently into that good night. Kreider was, once again, a beast. Incidentally, if you want a laugh watch the highlight reel from the 2010 NCAA Championship. When Kreider scores the back breaker to put BC up 3-0, he freight trains McDonaugh and leaves Stepan unconcious and twitching disturbingly on his back behind the net. It is also an impressive array of NHL talent on the ice for both teams.

Back to tonights game, the irony is that this was by far the best the Kings played and by far the worst the Rangers played. Lundqvist stood on his head and with the exception of the Girardi stick explosion that lead to Brown's breakaway goal, the Rangers finally got the puck luck on their side. It would be fantastic if the Rangers could find a way to steal Game 5. I don't think it happens but if they do, I think LA gacks up Game 6 and we get to watch something historic either way. Truth is this series probably should be 2-2 now and could easily be 3-1 in the other direction. Neither team has any real margin for error--the Kings maybe a smudge.

Also, I like Sutter. Sure he comes across as a semi-retard with tourette's syndrome, but that is part of his charm.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:08 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Well, at least they did not go gently into that good night. Kreider was, once again, a beast. Incidentally, if you want a laugh watch the highlight reel from the 2010 NCAA Championship. When Kreider scores the back breaker to put BC up 3-0, he freight trains McDonaugh and leaves Stepan unconcious and twitching disturbingly on his back behind the net. It is also an impressive array of NHL talent on the ice for both teams.

Back to tonights game, the irony is that this was by far the best the Kings played and by far the worst the Rangers played. Lundqvist stood on his head and with the exception of the Girardi stick explosion that lead to Brown's breakaway goal, the Rangers finally got the puck luck on their side. It would be fantastic if the Rangers could find a way to steal Game 5. I don't think it happens but if they do, I think LA gacks up Game 6 and we get to watch something historic either way. Truth is this series probably should be 2-2 now and could easily be 3-1 in the other direction. Neither team has any real margin for error--the Kings maybe a smudge.

Also, I like Sutter. Sure he comes across as a semi-retard with tourette's syndrome, but that is part of his charm.

Serious talent in that game. 11 from BC & at least 7 from Wisconsin made the NHL http://hockeyeastonline.com/men/boxes10 ... c_wis1.a10

Agreed clearly the Rangers' worst game, funny how that works.

Didn't know Dustin Brown had those moves.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Both goals by the BC guys. Go Rangers!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:45 am

Great game for the both of them. Boyle if he wants MV probably priced himself out of NY. He gets crap from some Rangers fans (which I don't get) but he is awesome at what he does. Down a goal late? He's on the ice. Big faceoff in your own zone late? He takes it. Big kill? He's first over the boards.

Kreider obviously has world class speed & his strength is hilariously underrated (Gaudreau always talks about him being a beast in the weight room and showing him NHL weight training) he planted a ton of big boys right on their wallets. Maybe while he's w Gaudreau at BC he can learn a second move on the breakaway besides elevated blocker side.

Obviously sucks.

Richards will be bought out which will create some room but as with any successful team, a ton of questions.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:58 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Great game for the both of them. Boyle if he wants MV probably priced himself out of NY. He gets crap from some Rangers fans (which I don't get) but he is awesome at what he does. Down a goal late? He's on the ice. Big faceoff in your own zone late? He takes it. Big kill? He's first over the boards.

Kreider obviously has world class speed & his strength is hilariously underrated (Gaudreau always talks about him being a beast in the weight room and showing him NHL weight training) he planted a ton of big boys right on their wallets. Maybe while he's w Gaudreau at BC he can learn a second move on the breakaway besides elevated blocker side.

Obviously sucks.

Richards will be bought out which will create some room but as with any successful team, a ton of questions.

I hope the refs are honored for their contribution to the Kings. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Great game for the both of them. Boyle if he wants MV probably priced himself out of NY. He gets crap from some Rangers fans (which I don't get) but he is awesome at what he does. Down a goal late? He's on the ice. Big faceoff in your own zone late? He takes it. Big kill? He's first over the boards.

Obviously sucks.

The article I read today said it will be pick 2 of 3: Boyle, Dominic Moore, and Pouliot and that Boyle should be the priority. My girlfriend was surprised when I told her Boyle was on the Rangers 4th Line. Her response was "But I feel like he is always on the ice!"

Boyle's performance Friday night either priced him out of New York or proved his worth.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Previous

Return to Kelley Rink