NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:17 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Marc-Andre Fleury being Marc-Andre Fleury. Two brutal goals to bring Lumbus back into the series.

Columbus is terrible, I can't believe that series is 2-2

Pittsburgh isn't very good either.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

Bruins have looked pretty over-powering the last few games...
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:34 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Marc-Andre Fleury being Marc-Andre Fleury. Two brutal goals to bring Lumbus back into the series.

Columbus is terrible, I can't believe that series is 2-2

Pittsburgh isn't very good either.

If we were playing NHL '99 they would be awesome. In real hockey, agreed
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue May 13, 2014 7:40 pm

A Bruins/Rangers ECF would be just what this board needs until 10-2 season.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm

I can't say I saw that one coming. Amazing effort. Boyle was a stud the last three games and it was nice to see him get rewarded. Elvii can hate all he wants but Boyle does every awful job on the ice and does it smartly and with passion. The Boyle blocked shot clip they played on NHL Network will make you cover your nuts and shake your various limbs in pain. Also…Kreider. Even when he doesn't score he makes it easier for everyone else. On the Richards goal he had the Pens turning in circles in the crease trying to keep on him while Richards walked wide open into the slot. Vigneault singled out his return in the press conference as being one of the keys for the turn around.

Very enthused about watching the Bs and Habs play tomorrow night. Am hoping for some big injuries on both sides and am pretty sure I won't be disappointed.
Last edited by Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 14, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 14, 2014 7:03 am

Agreed never understood the crap Boyle got from Rangers fans. Maybe it's his size and the fact that he was a first rounder so they want him to be more but he's damn good at what he does. Not to go all 74 and incorporate zone starts but every time there's a faceoff deep in Rangers territory, he's on the ice for it.

Kreider's fresh legs changed the series, now they have a legit top 9 (one quibble w Vingeualt is maybe Carcillo in for Dorsett) and his size/speed caused all types of problems for the Pens D. As I said earlier, if the Rangers didn't have to deal with the 5 games in 7 days crap this series would've been over earlier.

Also whatever the Rangers shot McDonagh up with for game 5 worked, getting back to his normal self.

Edit: Wait, flying elvis faxxot as 1 word turns to 74? Thats awesome :flagus
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Wed May 14, 2014 7:21 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I can't say I saw that one coming. Amazing effort. Boyle was a stud the last three games and it was nice to see him get rewarded. Elvii can hate all he wants but Boyle does every awful job on the ice and does it smartly and with passion. The Boyle blocked shot clip they played on NHL Network will make you cover your nuts and shake your various limbs in pain. Also…Kreider. Even when he doesn't score he makes it easier for everyone else. On the Richards goal he had the Pens turning in circles in the crease trying to keep on him while Richards walked wide open into the slot. Vigneault singled out his return in the press conference as being one of the keys for the turn around.

Very enthused about watching the Bs and Habs play tomorrow night. Am hoping for some big injuries on both sides and am pretty sure I won't be disappointed.

Hoping that PK Subban wins it in OT again
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed May 14, 2014 8:09 am

Haha, flying elvis 74
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 14, 2014 8:37 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Agreed never understood the crap Boyle got from Rangers fans. Maybe it's his size and the fact that he was a first rounder so they want him to be more but he's damn good at what he does. Not to go all 74 and incorporate zone starts but every time there's a faceoff deep in Rangers territory, he's on the ice for it.

Kreider's fresh legs changed the series, now they have a legit top 9 (one quibble w Vingeualt is maybe Carcillo in for Dorsett) and his size/speed caused all types of problems for the Pens D. As I said earlier, if the Rangers didn't have to deal with the 5 games in 7 days crap this series would've been over earlier.

Also whatever the Rangers shot McDonagh up with for game 5 worked, getting back to his normal self.

Edit: Wait, flying elvis faxxot as 1 word turns to 74? Thats awesome :flagus

I'm honored.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed May 14, 2014 9:28 am

Thank you Rangers. Now under no circumstances do I have to watch that team from Pittsburgh.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Mon May 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Lundquist has been amazing. Go Rangers!
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 27, 2014 9:39 pm

So who are the Rangers gonna dress as their sixth defenseman for the next couple of games?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue May 27, 2014 10:11 pm

diaz. may even get time on 2nd pp unit

watching that happen makes it all the more unbelievable that nobody saw the prust hit.

oh, and prust was going to get one game until the jaw injury.

im glad the canadians aren't one of our main rivals. they are awful to watch.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 28, 2014 7:36 am

I think Moore will get 1 game, no history, and as dumb as it is they suspend to injury. Weise came right back (probably there were no brain cells left for him to destroy). Moore was the one who destroyed Weise earlier along the boards by the Rangers bench.

Diaz will play, throws off the lefty/righty balance which sucks.

Agreed I always thought it was just the Boston fans bitching, but the theatrics by the Canadiens are ridiculous.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed May 28, 2014 10:34 am

At this point, I want them all dead--including Gionta. That team is despicable and he is the captain of it and thus responsible on some level.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed May 28, 2014 2:08 pm

subban's was worse
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 28, 2014 2:46 pm

Lesson, as always, never trust anybody that wears a turtleneck on the ice. Or off the ice, for that matter.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Logitano on Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Boyle with a sweet pass on the goal. He and Kreider have basically carried the Rangers to the final. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri May 30, 2014 6:36 am

Logitano {l Wrote}:Boyle with a sweet pass on the goal. He and Kreider have basically carried the Rangers to the final. :ace

Hank remembering to be Hank again tonight helped
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 30, 2014 6:54 am

One of the best games they've played in a while, especially at home.

Having speed on all 4 lines is such a difference. Also kudos to Slats for grabbing Klein. He was awesome this series.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 am

They played magnificently last night. If they play that way in the Cup finals they can beat LA or Chicago. I have to give major kudos to Vigneault. I was not enthused with the hire, but he had a plan to build something similar to what defeated him in the Cup a few years ago--a true team, where none of the four lines or three defensive pairings are throwaways, where everyone understands his role and plays it with passion and discipline--and he has built it. Hell, they are so deep that when Moore gets suspended Diaz comes in and plays an excellent game. I also enjoyed the praise lavished upon Kreider on both the CBC and by Millbury on NBCSN last night. It isn't an exaggeration to say that his return from injury changed the entire dynamic of this team and is the single biggest factor in making this cup run possible. Also, Brian Boyle is going to get paid this summer and hopefully by the Rangers. Elvii's jealous rage aside, he is going to put himself in the Selke Trophy discussion on a going forward basis as he now has the requesite reputation.

On the negative side, I still think it is going to take a Herculean effort by Lundqvist to beat LA and if Quick gets hot it may not even matter. Chicago is a less scary team largely because Crawford is at best pedestrian and their defense relies on Michael Rozival for big minutes which is symptomatic of a team that can be worn down and had defensively. Even still, I think Chicago if they can come back is a significant favorite as well. Also, Brian Gionta. His pathetic attempt to draw a high stick call that actually got him nailed for goaltender interference was pathetic. He earned the Little Louganis moniker jealous UNH and Maine fans put on him back in the day. Les Habs are a disgusting team.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri May 30, 2014 8:26 am

Great win for the Rangers. This is a very likable team. I don't think I have ever rooted this much for a non-Boston team. Also, was this Canadians team and their fans more loathsome than the 2011 Vancouver team?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby commavegarage on Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 am

montreal is intolerable.

next year the first game between the two teams will be a bloodbath.
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 30, 2014 8:56 am

I think this Habs team was more unlikeable but you'd probably get a different answer from the Bs fans.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Logitano on Fri May 30, 2014 3:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:One of the best games they've played in a while, especially at home.

Having speed on all 4 lines is such a difference. Also kudos to Slats for grabbing Klein. He was awesome this series.

10 years ago there was no possible way any of us were ever thinking of saying "kudos to Slats." Does this prove if anyone is given enough time eventually things work out? Pretty much every button he has pushed since January/February has worked out. :ace
Logitano
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 31, 2014 7:33 am

Trade wise he's been very good of late

Tedwardo is still not impressed w Kane :koolaid
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Trade wise he's been very good of late

Kane skates awesome, like hockey's Johnny Weir.

Go Rangers. Habs this year were a billion times worse than the Vancouver d-bags. So Rangers have my full support.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 pm

He somehow got value out of Scott Gomez. Though that might also have been more of a Montreal issue.

Kane being Teddy's Lebron bodes well for his career.

LA in 6.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:14 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

He somehow got value out of Scott Gomez. Though that might also have been more of a Montreal issue.

Kane being Teddy's Lebron bodes well for his career.

LA in 6.

Yeah, Kane will probably win 5, 6 or maybe 7 championships.

Hockey isn't rigged like the NBA.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:39 am

Two evenly matched teams but I think a 7 game series favors the Kings. Getting the two suspended guys back will help the Rangers.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink