NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 am

Official Kings Twitter Machine with some :whammy s today:

To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you’re welcome.

Richards and Kesler share words, looks like a gust of wind sent Kesler tumbling
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:15 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Weber say hello to Mr. Shanaban

I don't think supplemental discipline is in order. Although, it was a consummate jackass move and there will probably be retaliation.

Bitz, on the other hand (despite the fans chants of "bullshit" after the penalty was called), should absolutely get suspended.

Not that anyone else cares about this, but Matt Cooke did the exact same thing Zac Rinaldo did in the final game of the regular season. Cooke no penalty, Rinaldo game misconduct.

Sweet.

Both should receive supplemental discipline of death because they both suck at life.

Rinaldo is not Carcillo, he is not anywhere near Cooke. He's been playing pretty disciplined this whole year.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

Rinaldo is a shitty hockey player and a douche. At least Carcillo and Cooke can play a little bit.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:23 am

Oh and bullshit on the disciplined part. He's had a ton of very, very questionable hits and if Shanahan wasn't as incompetent as his predecessor he'd have sat down a bunch more times than for the Ericsson leaping blindside hit.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:31 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Rinaldo is a shitty hockey player and a douche. At least Carcillo and Cooke can play a little bit.

You know nothing of his work. I call eepstein levels of bullshit here.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Oh and bullshit on the disciplined part. He's had a ton of very, very questionable hits and if Shanahan wasn't as incompetent as his predecessor he'd have sat down a bunch more times than for the Ericsson leaping blindside hit.

Ericcsson hit led with shoulder, should have been called but not additional discpipline. Bullshit. Ericcson should pay attention more. It's certainly not a cut and dry dirty hit, it sure was a hard hit though.

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:29 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Rinaldo is a shitty hockey player and a douche. At least Carcillo and Cooke can play a little bit.

You know nothing of his work. I call eepstein levels of bullshit here.

Are you implying Dragevich is a cheapshot artist?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm

He made a blindside hit, well after the puck was released, jumped into it and you could make a very plausible argument he aimed for the head. He has about 4 or 5 more blindside hits out there that are pretty damn borderline as well.

In terms of the other part, he's a fungible fourth liner. Everything I've seen about him suggests that. Everything I've read about him suggests that. All the stats he's put up dating back to Juniors suggests that.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:47 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Fuck the Flyers. The only solace I have is whomever comes out of that matchup is going to be beaten to a pulp and emotionally spent. Softened up for the 2nd round.

If Ryan Miller and Lindy Ruff are crying and no one is listening because the Sabres are sitting at home, do they make any noise?

Who are you trying to insult with this statement? RevMike?
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:52 pm

Weber was fined but not suspended, and Shanny essentially says that Weber will be on a short leash for the rest of the playoffs:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627504

Bitz will have a hearing:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627505
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:05 pm

I missed this last night because I'd already gone to bed. Pretty excellent diving:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 27989.html
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:19 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:He made a blindside hit, well after the puck was released, jumped into it and you could make a very plausible argument he aimed for the head. He has about 4 or 5 more blindside hits out there that are pretty damn borderline as well.

In terms of the other part, he's a fungible fourth liner. Everything I've seen about him suggests that. Everything I've read about him suggests that. All the stats he's put up dating back to Juniors suggests that.

I'm not saying he's the next Marchmont. I'm saying he's a better hockey player right now than an aging Matt Cooke
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:28 pm

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:Fuck the Flyers. The only solace I have is whomever comes out of that matchup is going to be beaten to a pulp and emotionally spent. Softened up for the 2nd round.

If Ryan Miller and Lindy Ruff are crying and no one is listening because the Sabres are sitting at home, do they make any noise?

Who are you trying to insult with this statement? RevMike?

aren't you from upstate new york somewhere and thus a sabres fan. I don't understand how upstate new york works. I may have made this mistake last year also.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:35 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:He made a blindside hit, well after the puck was released, jumped into it and you could make a very plausible argument he aimed for the head. He has about 4 or 5 more blindside hits out there that are pretty damn borderline as well.

I'm not saying he's the next Marchmont. I'm saying he's a better hockey player right now than an aging Matt Cooke

Given he's played with Crosby but Cooke has some semblance of a scoring touch and is a very good PKer. Rinaldo hasn't had double digit goals since before he entered the OHL.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:40 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:

Given he's played with Crosby but Cooke has some semblance of a scoring touch and is a very good PKer. Rinaldo hasn't had double digit goals since before he entered the OHL.

His line with Couturier and Talbot completely shut down the Malkin line last night, and he's looked very good on that shutdown line since they've played together. He's a fourth liner, but I disagree about fungibility. I think he's is or will be an exceptional fourth liner like Talbot. Also he can fight and hit good.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:50 pm

Well yeah but saying that is like saying he's a better fighting version of Dan Paille or a Shawn Thornton without the leadership and a better ability to hit.

Couturier is going to be a player though. Can't believe he freaking slid that far in the draft last year considering he was getting talked about being the first pick at some points of last year.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm

I can't believe you guys can't find anything better than Zac Rinaldo to fight about.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:52 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Well yeah but saying that is like saying he's a better fighting version of Dan Paille or a Shawn Thornton without the leadership and a better ability to hit.

Couturier is going to be a player though. Can't believe he freaking slid that far in the draft last year considering he was getting talked about being the first pick at some points of last year.

Mono was a blessing in disguise.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:53 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I can't believe you guys can't find anything better than Zac Rinaldo to fight about.

He would've wanted that way. Plus what else are we going to talk about with Chris Pronger and the Flying Elbows sitting at home with a headache?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:55 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I can't believe you guys can't find anything better than Zac Rinaldo to fight about.

He would've wanted that way. Plus what else are we going to talk about with Chris Pronger and the Flying Elbows sitting at home with a headache?

you know who else has a headache?

domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Also, on the topic of draft day slips, Hamilton is having a very strong year in the OHL. He sure beats Ryan Ellis, form whom the Bruins were planning to trade the pick until Hamilton slipped.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:58 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Also, on the topic of draft day slips, Hamilton is having a very strong year in the OHL. He sure beats Ryan Ellis, form whom the Bruins were planning to trade the pick until Hamilton slipped.

And how Sesito was not suspended for that hit, well, Shanahan pretty much sucks as much as Campbell.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:58 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Just because the Bruins don't whine incessantly like the Pens and the Flyers doesn't mean it wasn't a viscous cheap-shot.

Speaking of cheap-shots, I hope Shawn Thornton fights Dale Hunter tonight.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:02 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

Just because the Bruins don't whine incessantly like the Pens and the Flyers doesn't mean it wasn't a viscous cheap-shot.

May 3, 2010: “We all know,” Julien said on Sunday, “Chris Pronger takes liberties sometimes, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.”
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:09 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

May 3, 2010: “We all know,” Julien said on Sunday, “Chris Pronger takes liberties sometimes, wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:13 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I would love to know what the difference between that hit and the below hit was. In case you haven't figured out, I think Brendan Shanahan is a goddman retard.

flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:17 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:

I would love to know what the difference between that hit and the below hit was. In case you haven't figured out, I think Brendan Shanahan is a goddman retard.

Are you sure your not sad because Shannahan's Jon DeFillipo like son isn't a fungible fourth line player on your team thus preventing the continuing ridiculous Campbell era double standard?
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:20 pm

I'm still amused that a lawyer of all people doesn't distinguish between "incessant" and "occasional."
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:22 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm still amused that a lawyer of all people doesn't distinguish between "incessant" and "occasional."

He cried the whole 2010 playoff series and he cried after the Horton hit. Incessant. Not occasional.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:26 pm

eagle9903 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm still amused that a lawyer of all people doesn't distinguish between "incessant" and "occasional."

He cried the whole 2010 playoff series and he cried after the Horton hit. Incessant. Not occasional.

To be frank, I don't think Claude has enough command of English (or, for that matter French, which he speaks equally goofily) to speak incessantly about anything.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink