NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Postby pick6pedro on Wed May 15, 2013 10:09 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Reading this post, it makes me feel sad. I'd much rather beat up on pedro, but he is a coward and didn't show up to take his medicine.

I took my medicine by watching the Sergio-esque meltdown. Not commenting on it here means about as much as your delusional responses to our earlier conversation.

8 has been running his mouth with every excuse under the sun when he should be figuring out why he turtles up like a Costanza member.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Wed May 15, 2013 10:21 am

Hey those World Championships aren't going to win themselves! I wonder what Canada does this year without Rick Nash available.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby MaxxPower325 on Wed May 15, 2013 11:11 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I, too, am fascinated by the way the 4 original six lined up against each other and the 4 expansion did the same. Odd, but good for ratings.

I have a feeling the Bruins Rangers series is going to take too much out of the winner to have much left after the Pens sweep that shitty Ottawa team.

Bruins/Rangers has all the makings of 7 awful games of hockey from a viewer standpoint. I agree that it will be so punishing on whoever makes it through that the Pens look like a lock for he final. Bruins in particular are already so beat up they may just run out of gas. If Krug actually sees the ice at all you can probably write them off in 6.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Rangers defense is lundqvist and the posts. Broons God awful offense will keep this close. At least rick Nash will skate fast
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:09 am

Not all that disappointed, would've been great to steal game 1 but this series is going deep. After the Bruins hit what 4 posts and the Rangers had that brutal powerplay to end regulation, can't expect a W especially on the road.

As good as Lundqvist played, I'm sure he wants the 1st & 2nd back.

Nash is starting to come around and be a force with the puck. Especially getting him away from Chara when the series goes back to NY will be huge.

Who has less left Richards or Jagr? Jagr can barely hold on to the puck while Richards can't skate anymore.

Kreider looked good, what Torts did for his development this year was absolutely criminal. Up, down, up, benched; sure he's going to make mistakes away from the puck he was 21 when the season started but sometimes you need some speed and skill to score.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 17, 2013 7:13 am

Yeah, Jagr and Seguin are going in opposite directions right now. Jagr plays too much. He's effective in small doses.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 17, 2013 10:36 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Not all that disappointed, would've been great to steal game 1 but this series is going deep. After the Bruins hit what 4 posts and the Rangers had that brutal powerplay to end regulation, can't expect a W especially on the road.

Nash is starting to come around and be a force with the puck. Especially getting him away from Chara when the series goes back to NY will be huge.

Who has less left Richards or Jagr? Jagr can barely hold on to the puck while Richards can't skate anymore.

Kreider looked good, what Torts did for his development this year was absolutely criminal. Up, down, up, benched; sure he's going to make mistakes away from the puck he was 21 when the season started but sometimes you need some speed and skill to score.

This. If the Rangers had stolen the game I think they would have taken the Bruins out in 5 games. That would have been a soul-crushing loss for the Bruins. There really isn't much that impresses me about the Bruins and I understand now why they barely got by an terrible Toronto team. That isn't to say the Rangers are any great shakes either, it's just that these Bruins have fallen a long way since the Stanley Cup win.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:42 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Not all that disappointed, would've been great to steal game 1 but this series is going deep. After the Bruins hit what 4 posts and the Rangers had that brutal powerplay to end regulation, can't expect a W especially on the road.

This. If the Rangers had stolen the game I think they would have taken the Bruins out in 5 games. That would have been a soul-crushing loss for the Bruins. There really isn't much that impresses me about the Bruins and I understand now why they barely got by an terrible Toronto team. That isn't to say the Rangers are any great shakes either, it's just that these Bruins have fallen a long way since the Stanley Cup win.

I don't know if I agree with that. The Broons Cup run was fueled by mediocre-but-just-enough-to-win performances like the Leaf series and last night. Other than Tim Thomas, this is basically the same type of team. When you play like that you could steal 3 series or you could go out in the first round. but the Broons have never been real impressive in their style under Julien.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri May 17, 2013 10:58 am

I find it hard to have a soul crushing loss when you have three guys on defense with collectively less than 100 games of experience.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Fri May 17, 2013 1:52 pm

When you hit six or seven posts and completely dominate play I don't care who you have back there. You might also consider the point made by Chris Therrien last night--the fact that Krug et al. were thrust into the situation is not a bad thing as those guys are playing with the houses money and aren't going to be tight. They might be tight on Sunday now that they have had some time to ruminate on it, but last night they may have been to dumb to be scared.

Besides, I'd absolutely love to see Wade Redden back. Wade Redden is a -6 waiting to happen.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:When you hit six or seven posts and completely dominate play I don't care who you have back there. You might also consider the point made by Chris Therrien last night--the fact that Krug et al. were thrust into the situation is not a bad thing as those guys are playing with the houses money and aren't going to be tight. They might be tight on Sunday now that they have had some time to ruminate on it, but last night they may have been to dumb to be scared.

Besides, I'd absolutely love to see Wade Redden back. Wade Redden is a -6 waiting to happen.

There's a lot of truth in this post all the way around.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 am

You can accuse me of whistling past the graveyard and you may be right but I'm more confident down 2-0 in this series than I was down 2-0 in last series.

For starters, have to assume Lundqvist will be better (not debating fault on any of the goals from either game) if he isn't, might as well pack it up.

Thought the Rangers played well through 2 yesterday. Tukka stood on his head made multiple point blank saves (off hand, 1 on Hagelin, 2 on McD, 1 on Nash) combined with Rangers not having much puck luck, Hagelin shot goes clean through hits the post and settles right under Tukka's ass. Going the other way, 1 4 on 4 defensive breakdown and the puck ends up in the back of the net. Nash is really coming on, and being able to get him away from Chara more at MSG will only help that.

Christ Torts, get Richards off the powerplay, he's miserable.

Edit: Despite Pyatt being terrible, have a feeling the Pyatt/Boyle/Dorsett line is going to pot a goal. Really have liked the way they've played through 2, no bullshit just using size & puck to the net.

Also, great Sens-Pens games last night.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:You can accuse me of whistling past the graveyard and you may be right but I'm more confident down 2-0 in this series than I was down 2-0 in last series.

For starters, have to assume Lundqvist will be better (not debating fault on any of the goals from either game) if he isn't, might as well pack it up.

Thought the Rangers played well through 2 yesterday. Tukka stood on his head made multiple point blank saves (off hand, 1 on Hagelin, 2 on McD, 1 on Nash) combined with Rangers not having much puck luck, Hagelin shot goes clean through hits the post and settles right under Tukka's ass. Going the other way, 1 4 on 4 defensive breakdown and the puck ends up in the back of the net. Nash is really coming on, and being able to get him away from Chara more at MSG will only help that.

Edit: Despite Pyatt being terrible, have a feeling the Pyatt/Boyle/Dorsett line is going to pot a goal. Really have liked the way they've played through 2, no bullshit just using size & puck to the net.

Rangers looked like they were absolutely cooked in the 3rd period. They played about 1.5 decent periods of hockey and still never lead.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MaxxPower325 on Mon May 20, 2013 10:43 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:You can accuse me of whistling past the graveyard and you may be right but I'm more confident down 2-0 in this series than I was down 2-0 in last series.

Rangers looked like they were absolutely cooked in the 3rd period. They played about 1.5 decent periods of hockey and still never lead.

Agreed.

I'm pretty shocked at how bad the Rangers have looked.
Very little offense to speak of & the Bruins are getting to the net much to easily.
MaxxPower325
Campion Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 20, 2013 12:22 pm

I am not as calm as my fellow Blueshirt fans. I can't prove it, but based on some of the stupid shit Torts has been saying to the press, I think the locker room might be fractured and a segment of the team is tuning Torts out. The 3rd period yesterday was disgraceful. yes, Hank has been awful and yesterday may have been his worst post season performance ever, but they looked like they could have cared less by the third period. Lazy, irresponsible hockey was the norm.

I still don't think much of the Bruins. They can be beat straight up the middle with a modicum of speed and Rask has given up some fat, fat rebounds, but you have to be willing to pay the price to score and with a few exceptions, the Rangers have not showed much willingness.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Tue May 21, 2013 8:02 am

RedWings looked pretty good last night.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 am

The Wings performance the last two games has been remarkable. Eaves was a beast last night on the PK and was making life miserable for Toews. He is carving out a fairly respectable career for himself in the Marty Reasoner mold (never became a star like originally forecasted but enjoying a long career as a solid contributor and good person in the locker room).
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:15 am

If reports out of practice are correct, Richards is getting scratched tonight

Edit: CONFIRMED on Rangers official twitterboxmachine
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 23, 2013 10:33 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:If reports out of practice are correct, Richards is getting scratched tonight

Edit: CONFIRMED on Rangers official twitterboxmachine

Any news on Kreider or that guy that Lucic demolished?
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 23, 2013 10:50 am

Given that Richards is scratched, have to assume Kreider is good to go.

Have to believe Stralman is out. Just by seeing a slomo on the hit it was clear by the way his head hit the boards he had a concussion. Sucks cause he was playing really well and with Staal done it's another top 4 dman gone (not looking for sympathy, just pointing out).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Thu May 23, 2013 12:14 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Given that Richards is scratched, have to assume Kreider is good to go.

Have to believe Stralman is out. Just by seeing a slomo on the hit it was clear by the way his head hit the boards he had a concussion. Sucks cause he was playing really well and with Staal done it's another top 4 dman gone (not looking for sympathy, just pointing out).

IT'S HAMR(LIK) TIME!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 23, 2013 1:43 pm

Better than when Torts was trotting out Del Zotto & Gilroy as a pairing earlier in the season, can't recall two less interested in playing D playing together.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Thu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

They'll attempt to get that win without one of the sport's highest-paid players. Coach John Tortorella decided early Thursday that Brad Richards, who has seven years left on the nine-year, $60 million deal he signed in July 2011, would be a healthy scratch for Game 4.

:laugh
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Heard Kreider is being placed w Newbury & Dorsett for game 5

Fuck torts
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu May 23, 2013 9:07 pm

Great goal by krieder. Bruins can't win when rask is that bad.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 am

Some weird goals in this series

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 24, 2013 8:22 am

I thought you weird0s would like this.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/rangers/ ... Ifvc7nmJUJ
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Fri May 24, 2013 8:32 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Heard Kreider is being placed w Newbury & Dorsett for game 5

Awesome pass from Nash to set it up, too.

Gee, who would've thought that Kreider would be best used playing with people who have the speed/skill to match his? That play wouldn't have happened if he was sitting on a line with Richards again last night, who has shown that he can't get the puck out to him fast enough a few times.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri May 24, 2013 8:47 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Great goal by krieder. Bruins can't win when rask is that bad.

Two fluke/random/however you want to phrase it goals and the Rags still need OT to win it. Despite what Felger and the rest of the mouthbreathing radio contingent wants you to believe, I'm not too concerned.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Great goal by krieder. Bruins can't win when rask is that bad.

Two fluke/random/however you want to phrase it goals and the Rags still need OT to win it. Despite what Felger and the rest of the mouthbreathing radio contingent wants you to believe, I'm not too concerned.

Yeah, that was kind of my implied point. Rask looked like he was daydreaming and the Broons couldn't get early opportunities by Lundqvist and it still ended up in OT.

Rangers fans are going to shit on him a little, but Lunqvist has been really good in my opinion, despite the results. Put Holtby or the Pens goalie in there with the rest of the Rangers team playing this lethargic, and the Broons could be averaging 6-7 goals a game.
twballgame9
BC Guy

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink