Fr Leahy commends the football team...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Fr Leahy commends the football team...

Postby pick6pedro on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:57 pm

Amazing slip-up during his speech at the rally.

"The sun is really shining down on our wonderful footba---hockey team".
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Re: Fr Leahy commends the football team...

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:07 pm

The fact that you attended the rally officially makes you a fanboy.

You are now allowed to voice your opinion on all matters of goaltending.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby donahue on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:09 pm

The crowd's reaction was funny when he said that. Also, When they announced Gene, I booed, but it seemed like everyone was just looking at me like I was crazy
donahue
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:18 pm

donahue {l Wrote}:The crowd's reaction was funny when he said that. Also, When they announced Gene, I booed, but it seemed like everyone was just looking at me like I was crazy

Quite a few gentlemen on the Twitter machine said they heard booing, so you were no alone.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Bryn Mawr Eagle on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Did anyone shout out: "Father, you haven't watched much BC hockey lately, have you?"
Bryn Mawr Eagle
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:29 pm

donahue {l Wrote}:The crowd's reaction was funny when he said that. Also, When they announced Gene, I booed, but it seemed like everyone was just looking at me like I was crazy

You were not alone

I, along with those around me, booed Gene loudly and twitter exploded right after it from people who weren't around me.

It was definitely audible
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:18 am

I heard someone also yelled Fire Spaz while he was speaking
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am

The first time Gene's name was said was the loudest boo by far. Each time after that it seemed to fade quicker. It was almost like people were scared to do it as if Gene had set up cameras in anticipation of the boo and those caught would lose season tickets or Pike's Peak passes as a result. I didn't boo because it was the hockey team's moment and didn't want to take away from that. Of course I didn't clap or cheer either. Boo him when he's the speaker or the focal point.

I was around some varsity athletes who were rolling their eyes at each mention of him and clearly anti-Gene.

It was definitely fitting that the banner unveiling (the only thing Gene had a hand in) was a massive struggle.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:22 am

Mentioned by ESPN.

And while the day didn’t go off without a hitch or two -- BC president William P. Leahy said the sun was shining on a great football team before catching himself; and the 2012 championship banner that will hang in Conte Forum didn’t want to unfurl at first and it unwound very slowly when athletic director Gene DeFilippo gave the signal to let it loose

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/colleges ... -celebrate
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 am

Leahy and Flip are such clownshoes. But, our wonderful BOT couldn't be happier with them... so long as marineagle keeps getting invited to gratis cocktail parties.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby AdamBC on Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:59 pm

Video of the event (excluding Leahy).
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Saveagle on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Gene had to read his statement from notes? It wasn't that long. Do it off the cuff.
Saveagle
Carney Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Saveagle {l Wrote}:Gene had to read his statement from notes? It wasn't that long. Do it off the cuff.

OK, with the shut down of twitter and now this, they must be controlling what he says. I hope.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby SeaCaptim on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Gene looks like he has packed on a few extra pounds as well. He must be under the gun, and probably already been told of how his exit will unfold. I predict it will be due to "wanting to spend more time with his family" as the health thing has been overused just a bit.
SeaCaptim
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:40 pm

Gene also seemed pretty well tanned. Now, of course, since his name ends in a vowel, that could've been courtesy of a spray can.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:27 pm

I guess Father Leahy is in his pocket. They will not evaluate the AD position and how he has ruined the football program with the hiring of Spaz. Football is suppose to be the revenue maker to support the other varsity programs. With the way things are, I did end my season ticket for football and ended my donations until GDF is out. My sister was an assistant coach on one of the womens' varsity sports and she does not like him for what he did to one of the coaches (the coach she worked for). The coach ended suing BC and won her case when he forced her to resign. He had a daughter playing for this coach and she bad mouthed her coach for not getting enough playing time. She did give his daughter some playing time and when the new coach took over, the new coach did not give any playing time to his daughter because she was not that good to begin with.

That is an example of his meddling and my disgust with him. Hopefully, he leaves JY and the hockey program alone. His hugging of JY when he achieved more accomplishments and hardware is just so phoney. He can't even speak off the cuff without notes at the recent celebration of the team win.

When Bo Schembechler needed to hire a new coach for one of the varsity sports at Michigan, he wanted a Michigan man. Well here, I want a qualified BC guy. GDF is not a BC guy so I have no confidence in him.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:51 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:Gene also seemed pretty well tanned. Now, of course, since his name ends in a vowel, that could've been courtesy of a spray can.

Haven't seen much of your arch-nemesis lately have you? He's always seriously tan. In fact it's a running joke around here.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby The Don Killuminati on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:21 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Amazing slip-up during his speech at the rally.

I thought he almost said football. Unreal.
The Don Killuminati
n00b

Postby RedBaron67 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:39 am

The Don Killuminati {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Amazing slip-up during his speech at the rally.

I thought he almost said football. Unreal.

It's not really surprising. During his first year at BC, Fr. Leahy stuck his foot in his mouth so many times that he's been sparing in making public statements since then. The hockey rally is a useful reminder of why this is a wise policy.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Return to Kelley Rink