Frozen Four Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Frozen Four Thread

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:49 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:That Jersey Boy's goal was insane. It was a gorgeous play even if he never shot it... or if the goalie made the save. It was just such pretty stick handling.

Funny thing is Logitano was just commenting that York is probably gone if they lose to lowly Ferris State... following the logic that, in spite of all his Nat Champs, York is only the 2nd best coach on campus over the past 15 years.

The taunting of Gene last night that took place on the twitter machine was absolutely hilarious
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:20 pm

Well I'm back and what a great way to end the Easter weekend. I actually missed my early flight as my GPS took me to the wrong place but ended up getting back early as my connecting flight from Atlanta left early so I landed in Boston at 3:00 PM!

I was partying with some Gopher and Badger fans until early this AM. They each congratulated me after the game with a handshake. Only had a few hours sleep before heading to the airport in Orlando.

It was sweet watching Gaudreau score that 3rd goal right in front of me to ice the game. I had bad memories of that Michigan State game in St. Louis but this time things went right for BC.

I saw some familiar BC fans at the Forum. They did a nice job of renovating the rink for 40 million. That scoreboard was something else. Great job to all the BC fans who made it down to witness this. You just never know when the next one will be and so, savor the moment and enjoy it as long as you can. Before 2001, it was sheer fustrations and heartaches being a BC fan. Now things have turned around since York came back and he brought, count em, 4 NCAAs on campus after decades of fustration since the last one in 49'.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby hansen on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:46 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:That Jersey Boy's goal was insane. It was a gorgeous play even if he never shot it... or if the goalie made the save. It was just such pretty stick handling.

Funny thing is Logitano was just commenting that York is probably gone if they lose to lowly Ferris State... following the logic that, in spite of all his Nat Champs, York is only the 2nd best coach on campus over the past 15 years.

The taunting of Gene last night that took place on the twitter machine was absolutely hilarious

My twitter machine is broken. Any examples worth sharing?
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:56 pm

From Thurs: I wonder if @BCGeneD knows BC's up 2-0 in the frozen 4. He's probably recruiting studs for next year's 0-12 football team

You think @BCGeneD is even watching this game

How long before @BCGeneD tries to take credit for Jerry Yorks accomplishment here tonight?

@BCGeneD #FireSpaz is still the best coach BC has ever had, right?

Even @bcgened can't ruin the euphoria
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 am

BCI got quoted in the metro this morning but parade/cermonies will be tomorrow at 5:30.

I *think* Gene will be there, I hope he gets booed like in 2010.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 am

Was GDF at the Championship game???
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:21 am

I'm not sure, Napoleon has been awfully quiet recently.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:50 am

HJS {l Wrote}:Was GDF at the Championship game???

I've been told he was.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:56 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
HJS {l Wrote}:Was GDF at the Championship game???

I've been told he was.

Nice to see Flip begrudgingly supporting Johnny Muse and the ice lacrosse team. However, the problem with these National Championships is the higher expectations that make them more trouble then they are worth.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:So some of BC's finest made an article in Michigan, including a mysterious stranger touted for...wait for it.....the voice of reason?

http://www.mlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/whats_a_ferris_state_underdog.html

Suck it Jeff Haywood! :banana

I believe a nexus poster has a great comment in this article.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:37 am

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:So some of BC's finest made an article in Michigan, including a mysterious stranger touted for...wait for it.....the voice of reason?

http://www.mlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/04/whats_a_ferris_state_underdog.html

Hell of a response, it went pretty quiet after that one.

We did have a poll at the Claver2010 gamewatch and without researching, no one knew where the school was before this year
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

Hell of a response, it went pretty quiet after that one.

We did have a poll at the Claver2010 gamewatch and without researching, no one knew where the school was before this year

I only knew of Ferris State because of college hockey. It's one of those schools like St. Cloud State that I never would have heard of otherwise.

I thought it was odd that ESPN2 had them listed as "Ferris St. (MI)" at the top of the screen like Miami (FL) or (OH). Is there another Ferris State that we are supposed to have them mixed up with? More likely it's for all the people watching wondering where the hell it is.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby shockdoct on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Friend from my class is spearheading a major push to have real game watches at establishments that will embrace BC in Boston. Seems things are off to a good start.

http://articles.boston.com/2012-04-08/m ... ockey-team
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:37 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:Friend from my class is spearheading a major push to have real game watches at establishments that will embrace BC in Boston. Seems things are off to a good start.

He's doing a really nice job with this over the last year or so. The gamewatch at Remys was great. Many of the people there were in our class (2007) or the class ahead of ours, but there were some older Eagles there too. I'd say the the total turnout was over 100.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:03 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
shockdoct {l Wrote}:Friend from my class is spearheading a major push to have real game watches at establishments that will embrace BC in Boston. Seems things are off to a good start.

He's doing a really nice job with this over the last year or so. The gamewatch at Remys was great. Many of the people there were in our class (2007) or the class ahead of ours, but there were some older Eagles there too. I'd say the the total turnout was over 100.

Yeah these could really use some organization -happy it's occuring.

I went to a BC gamewatch for the Kent St game in 2008 in Boston and it was a disaster.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:08 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

I went to a BC gamewatch for the Kent St game in 2008 in Boston and it was a disaster.

The Porch in Spring Lake Heights had at least 3 people there for its gamewatch Saturday night.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:16 pm

We really should have 1 official place in each area and thats it. I knew people getting together in 3 places in NJ. Oharas had 35-40 I think
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:21 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

Much like at Alumni, schedule dictates atmosphere at BC game watches in Boston. I'll never forget going to the Alumni Association game watch at The Place for the 2005 Clemson game. It was BC's first ACC road game and Matty was finally going to start because QP was injured. The AA had advertised there would be free food and t-shirts. I got there at 11:30 to make sure I got a decent seat... and it was totally unnecessary. There were maybe a dozen of us scattered here and there for the entire game. Michigan, Miami or whatever other game watch was going on in the small section by the entrance packed more people into their four tables than we did in the remainder of the bar. It was pathetic.

But the Villanova Sweet 16 game watch at The Place and the 2007 Clemson game watch at Game On were insanely good.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:31 pm

I went to a BC gamewatch for the Kent St game in 2008 in Boston and it was a disaster.[/quote]

Ha, I went to an NJ "gamewatch" for that one --- it was me, Duchie and Mrs. Duchie
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm

ClubMed93 {l Wrote}:I went to a BC gamewatch for the Kent St game in 2008 in Boston and it was a disaster.

Ha, I went to an NJ "gamewatch" for that one --- it was me, Duchie and Mrs. Duchie[/quote]

Mrs. Duchie was pushed out of the conversation very quickly if I remember. To be fair, I dont think that was an official game watch, just a few people from EO saying where they were watching. (Plus it was Kent State)

O'Haras had about 40 people on Saturday and Green Rock was absolutely packed for the Wisc-BC final. I think I talked Mr. BCDee's ear off.

Anyone go to Thunder Jackson's?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 pm

True enough, Duchie, not an official gamewatch. Claver's post just reminded me of that night (3.5 years ago, really?).

Also I suck at quoting [quote/]
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm

ClubMed93 {l Wrote}:True enough, Duchie, not an official gamewatch. Claver's post just reminded me of that night (3.5 years ago, really?).

I thought it was longer than that. I think it was Costanzo's 1st game.(I remember not being impressed) I cant remember what my wife said an hour ago, but I can remember dumb stuff like that. When time goes this quick it means we are getting old.

Unfortunately, until Spaz is gone I think things will be sparse. I went to watch the Vtech game at Miami Mike's and it was me, my kids and 20 VT fans.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby ClubMed93 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:20 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
ClubMed93 {l Wrote}:True enough, Duchie, not an official gamewatch. Claver's post just reminded me of that night (3.5 years ago, really?).

I thought it was longer than that. I think it was Costanzo's 1st game.(I remember not being impressed) I cant remember what my wife said an hour ago, but I can remember dumb stuff like that. When time goes this quick it means we are getting old.

Unfortunately, until Spaz is gone I think things will be sparse. I went to watch the Vtech game at Miami Mike's and it was me, my kids and 20 VT fans.

It was the first game of 2008 for sure. Pretty sure Costonzo's first year was Ryan's last.

Anyway, yes, we're getting old, the Spaz effect is killing everything including gamewatches and your Miami MIke's story is a sad testament to the state of BC football.
ClubMed93
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:13 am

Cam Atkinson has taste (I personally cant believe she goes to BC)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:04 pm

This could belong in multiple places, but the BC hockey team will be honored at Game 1 of the Bs-Caps
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:This could belong in multiple places, but the BC hockey team will be honored at Game 1 of the Bs-Caps

Nice.

I think the only way York could grow his legend at this point, is to go to the White House and yell go Mit!!
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:15 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:This could belong in multiple places, but the BC hockey team will be honored at Game 1 of the Bs-Caps

Nice.

I think the only way York could grow his legend at this point, is to go to the White House and yell go Mit!!

I also assumed everyone wanted to get another excuse to see Cam's girlfriend so I put it in this thread...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:23 pm

Mottau is the only BC guy on either roster. However, he'll likely be a healthy scratch.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Nice.

I also assumed everyone wanted to get another excuse to see Cam's girlfriend so I put it in this thread...

I'm surprised hansen hasn't posted a reaction to her, yet.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:29 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Image

Cam Atkinson has taste (I personally cant believe she goes to BC)

She's Hansen's type. Almost a little too clean.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink