Frozen Four Thread

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Frozen Four Thread

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:26 pm

Ice looks gross. Oh, and another goal.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:37 pm

Baldwin keeping the peace
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Thug Minny captain takes a two hand tomahawk chop and continues into a buttend chin pop and gets 2 min?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby tailgater94 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm

nice show of class by their captain.

Look at the replay and toss the kid that hit Almeida in the head too
tailgater94
Carney Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I am really going to enjoy this national title. It basically marks BC passing BU by any objective measure as a historical program. Fuck you you miserable Arab terrorists and Jappy halfwits. I only wish I had run over more of you during that unfortunate episode back in 93 when I was pulling out of the BK.

And anyone who went to BC during the York era fuck you too you over privileged swine. You have no idea what it is like to watch your ill disciplined, star-system team crater during the tournament under an avalanche of bad gambling debts and date rapey-ness. Nor will you ever know the pleasure of heckling a fellow Eagle when he plays at MSG and reciting their various character flaws culminating in leading the Garden in a chant of "Point Shaver" (Fuck you Steve Heinze).

I am very happy, but there is a fine line between happiness and rage.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby hansen on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:11 pm

i really enjoyed it when the announcers admitted that this is their (BC's) "time of year". it's really great how its becoming a universal truth that we own the postseason.
HANSENPOST :shrug

hansen
Gasson Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:23 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Thug Minny captain takes a two hand tomahawk chop and continues into a buttend chin pop and gets 2 min?

Of course the scoreboard chirp following the incident was classic. That was always my favorite against douchers who tried to pull that at the end of games when they were getting blown out. Quite fun to put their sorry asses in place.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:29 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:If BC wins, I'm considering buying a ticket to Orlando and driving to Tampa, but I'm concerned about not having a game ticket. Can anybody speak to ticket availability outside the arena or on the internet?

Not too spendy, and some are "instant":

http://www.stubhub.com/2012-ncaa-frozen ... en2Event=1
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm

What a fucking curbstomp.

Gorgeous goals all around, tough determining which was my favorite, maybe the roof job by Hayes.

Loved how Minny tried typical WCHA thuggery in the 3rd (led by their captain of course) don't worry you were only down 5-1 btw nice hair on all you homos.

60 more minutes
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:43 pm

Dude, Minnesota sucked balls.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:01 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dude, Minnesota sucked balls.

You don't know hockey.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:02 pm

Maine's star Will O'Neil: @WillOneil27: Boston College 6, University of Minnesota 1. Welcome to our world
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:12 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

You don't know hockey.

That made me laugh. I read the hoop thread. That said, Minnesota was god awful.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:41 pm

Great leadership this year:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:42 pm

Jerry is too generous, and rightfully so. That Minnesota team was terrible. They were good at getting their ass kicked down 5 goals though.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby shockdoct on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:33 am

Thoroughly enjoyed the gopher fans taunting on the walk to the arena. I just smiled and nodded. They had no idea what was coming.

To anyone who is thinking of making it down for saturday there will be plenty of tickets available. The lack of beer inside and the hordes of gophers here with little rooting interest will yield very cheap seats.
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:07 am

OK I just had a couple of beers with some Gopher fans and a Badger fan in their bar after the game in my BC jersey. It was a pleasant evening after the game just chatting about the game or anything. Looking forward to Saturday's game and hopefully I can get a ticket to the Yankees/Rays game.

I will be sky high Sunday when I fly home if they pull it off. What a game for BC!
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby micheagle on Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

2-1. Mom looks like she has an oral fixation that I would take full advantage of.
micheagle
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 am

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:44 am

hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:52 am

Impressive.

The last 3 times BC has played a WCHA team in the FF

All 5 goal wins
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:07 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Maine's star Will O'Neil: @WillOneil27: Boston College 6, University of Minnesota 1. Welcome to our world

Jerry called off the dogs in the 3rd and they react with a cheapshot and a deserved 5 minute major. OK BC fans join us Saturday, plenty of tickets available with the Gophers out.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:09 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

You don't know hockey.

Minnie was a good team that played a great 1st period. They are also laden with NHL talent. However, they are wildly undisciplined and not particularly well coached (or lead by their Captain). I listened to the radio broadcast for the 3rd period. The analyst said he had never seen a team at this level be so effective at counter-punching. He kept calling it an Ali rope-a-dope, but instead of landing jabs, BC would pop off the ropes and land haymakers. The other analyst added after the game... think how hard it is to develop NHL quality 3 forward lines, 4 defensemen and goalie all for one season. Now imagine that team getting routed 6-1. "Next week, there will be a bunch of Ferris State players watching BC players continuing their season in the NHL."

All that said, I hate that FSU is a vintage Jaques Lemaire Devils clutching-grabbing squad.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

You don't know hockey.

Minnie was a good team that played a great 1st period. They are also laden with NHL talent. However, they are wildly undisciplined and not particularly well coached (or lead by their Captain). I listened to the radio broadcast for the 3rd period. The analyst said he had never seen a team at this level be so effective at counter-punching. He kept calling it an Ali rope-a-dope, but instead of landing jabs, BC would pop off the ropes and land haymakers. The other analyst added after the game... think how hard it is to develop NHL quality 3 forward lines, 4 defensemen and goalie all for one season. Now imagine that team getting routed 6-1. "Next week, there will be a bunch of Ferris State players watching BC players continuing their season in the NHL."

All that said, I hate that FSU is a vintage Jaques Lemaire Devils clutching-grabbing squad.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

You don't know hockey.

I have grown up a Devil fan and watching BC win is sooooo much more fun. Nice passing, quick counters and puck control. I actually noticed it last night. I wish this could last another 20 years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:26 am

I'd argue that Minnesota was a very talented team but not a very good one. They're still coached by the guy that Minny fans think destroyed their dynasty, correct? Now I can see why.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:27 am

HJS {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

You don't know hockey.

Exactly, 1st goal is going to be huge on Saturday. FSU is able to pop one in early, they'll sit back and literally line up people on their own blue line. The first game was boring as could be, gain the red line, dump it in, can't get to the puck first? Fall back.

As for the depth, I've said that the reason York is able to constantly have teas like this is despite all the talent the superstars for the vast vast majority are staying 3 & 4 years. Look around the country, it's 1 or 2 and done. It makes a huge difference. Then you combine seniors who didn't bitch about not getting a ton of playing time as underclassmen despite their skill & buy into the team concept. Look at Barry Almeida, first 2 years he with Matt Lombardi & Price formed a shutdown line. Now as a senior, he's scored nearly as many goals this year (22) has he has his other 3 combined (23)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DomingoOrtiz on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:36 am

micheagle {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Image

2-1. Mom looks like she has an oral fixation that I would take full advantage of.

I was hoping for a full body shot - the mom not the daughter.
DomingoOrtiz
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink