Worcester Regional

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Worcester Regional

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:01 am

It's a shame not many students were there but at least some made it and I sat with them for much of Saturday and tonight. Last period, I sat with my friend in the UMD end and watch Gaudreau scored the goal that ended any hopes for UMD. That 3rd goal was also a beaut too but we'll take it:)

I agree GDF should have made it easier for students to get tickets and provide the transportation for them. I saw some old friends this weekend at the game.

Onto the FF and let's take the next step and beat the Gophers first! :chewbanka
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:26 am

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:55 am

The only thing I wish went differently yesterday was I wanted to see the play finish when the BC player (Krieder?) on the PP completely undressed the defenseman only to have a Too Many Men whistle come up right as said dangle was being made. Reminded me of that BU player in the Beanpot that is still looking for his jock in the rafters of the Garden.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:01 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The only thing I wish went differently yesterday was I wanted to see the play finish when the BC player (Krieder?) on the PP completely undressed the defenseman only to have a Too Many Men whistle come up right as said dangle was being made. Reminded me of that BU player in the Beanpot that is still looking for his jock in the rafters of the Garden.

I think it was G, not Kreider.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:17 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:The only thing I wish went differently yesterday was I wanted to see the play finish when the BC player (Krieder?) on the PP completely undressed the defenseman only to have a Too Many Men whistle come up right as said dangle was being made. Reminded me of that BU player in the Beanpot that is still looking for his jock in the rafters of the Garden.

I think it was G, not Kreider.

Correct

For a FR, esp one who just turned 18 he's unbelievable
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 am

CLAVER! I attended both games.

Good times.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:05 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:CLAVER! I attended both games.

Good times.

What a weekend for you to see in person. Always a very good BC crowd there, a lot of western mass locals make it out too.

A complete defensive domination. Hard to believe this is the goalie who lost his job in December
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 am

Since the beanpot BC is 39/40 killing penalties

That's absurd
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:34 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Good times.

What a weekend for you to see in person. Always a very good BC crowd there, a lot of western mass locals make it out too.

A complete defensive domination. Hard to believe this is the goalie who lost his job in December

He was very impressive this weekend, but the defense in front of him was almost as impressive. Thought the D played very well both games.

One thing that stood out to me last night was the contrast in style in terms of approach in either end. M-D always played the man, whereas BC always seemed to play the puck. I know the book on BC's forwards is to make them uncomfortable, but it felt like M-D did a little too much of that at the expense of offensive opportunities. Seemed like most of their good shots all night were on the PP, with a couple of notable exceptions. On the other hand, BC seemed to create many more good opportunities (though I think they got outshot) with stick work in the offensive end.

Another thing that stood out to me is how much BC likes to go wide and then behind the net when they carry it in to offensive zone. They get a lot of looks from angles, but their best shots always seem to come on set ups from behind the net. Gaudreau is a magician back there, but all of them seem to do it pretty well.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:52 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Good times.

He was very impressive this weekend, but the defense in front of him was almost as impressive. Thought the D played very well both games.

One thing that stood out to me last night was the contrast in style in terms of approach in either end. M-D always played the man, whereas BC always seemed to play the puck. I know the book on BC's forwards is to make them uncomfortable, but it felt like M-D did a little too much of that at the expense of offensive opportunities. Seemed like most of their good shots all night were on the PP, with a couple of notable exceptions. On the other hand, BC seemed to create many more good opportunities (though I think they got outshot) with stick work in the offensive end.

Another thing that stood out to me is how much BC likes to go wide and then behind the net when they carry it in to offensive zone. They get a lot of looks from angles, but their best shots always seem to come on set ups from behind the net. Gaudreau is a magician back there, but all of them seem to do it pretty well.

Agree, the team D in this streak has been excellent. Funneling everything wide, clearing the shit out of Milner's way -it's been a complete team effort.

The contrast of styles was apparent all weekend.

For Air Force, they couldn't run and gun at all with us so they tried to trap the shit out of us and force us into turnovers which rarely came. When they did Milner stood tall.

The 2nd period of UMD, they really pushed the envelope with the body. Linell (?) got absolutely murdered into the boards, there was another boarding that could've been 5. For BC to answer the bell with two grinding goals showed a lot

Also nice for Arnold to set the tone early
http://uscho.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/20120325-BC-Duluth/G0000WOZqtu7PQiU/I0000vtSmo3gWa5o
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Overall thoughts on last night:

Milner: I remember rolling up to the Beanpot final, not really sure what to expect. This was his biggest spot against a team that he has struggled against over several starts (to say the least). Confident and collected in a tough environment. The leap he has taken since the beginning of the year (when I predicted in the summer he'd lose his job to Billet in the 2nd half) is absurd.

The D: Funneling everything wide, blocking shots, clearing the trash out. In the middle of the season, we knew what we were getting from Dumoulin & Cross every night -what has changed is Alber, Shea, & MacLeod taking a huge leap.

Arnold: I know I always harp back to it but... Back on opening night in 2010 against NU coming off the national championship, up 1-0 in the 3rd with 2 minutes to go down a man in a hostile environment, in his first college game, York puts Arnold on the ice. He's a monster on the PK, blocking shots and an active stick. Extremely physical with a little fire, amazing. Of course on top of that, he centers the top line.

The 4th line is going balls to the wall and it's excellent. They are winning battles, getting pucks deep and putting pressure on other teams. They got pushed around a little last night including a brutal hit on the boards (Linell), but they keep going. The ability that York has to put them on the ice and the results they've produced has been huge.

PK: 39-40 since the Beanpot

Powerplay: Very meh last night. York shuffled it when we were up 2 goals in the 2nd and 3rd taking Whitney & Kreider off the point and putting a 2nd defenseman back there. Going back to your comment on being comfortable defensively.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 pm

Wey has been very impressive the past month. Good physicality and plays with a bit of an edge.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:37 am

Agreed excellent point.

His return has not only allowed BC to cycle 3 pairings consistently but I like the physciality he brings. Something that is needed on this team
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Previous