BC vs. Vermont

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC vs. Vermont

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:54 pm

OK getting a jump on last weekend of hockey. I know it's Vermont but let's not let down on this last place team. Pound them mercilessly and take no prisoners unless we're up 5-0 after the 1st period. Then I can see York calling the dogs off a bit.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC vs. Vermont

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:27 pm

I posted this on TOS, but I'm sure someone will appreciate it here.

Some notes on the recent run:

Somethings that have stood out to me during our recent run since getting swept at Maine:

PP in the last 11 games: 14-42 (33%) a goal in each of the 11 games
PK in the last 9: 32-37 (86%) including 4 SHGs. 12-12 in the last 2 weekends

This run has coincided with the reemergence of Johnny Gaudreau. 7 games before Maine weekend (0-2-2) Maine weekend & forward (11 games): 9-7-16

Ironically since the Beanpot, Kreider is 0-1-1 in the last 4 games.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:32 pm

Anyone else concerned that going into the Garden, BC (probably) won't have played a good team for a month and will have only played 1 road game during that span? That's a long layoff from competitive hockey.

@PC
PC
UVM
UVM
HE Quarters (7 or 8 seed)

HE Semis
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:46 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Anyone else concerned that going into the Garden, BC (probably) won't have played a good team for a month and will have only played 1 road game during that span? That's a long layoff from competitive hockey.

@PC
PC
UVM
UVM

HE Semis

Yeah I'm very concerned to be honest.

HE is somewhat deep (NCAAs start today there are 5 out of 10 teams in) but beyond BC there really is nothing much at the top.

Then come HE Semis we'll have gone about a month since playing an NCAA team (and that team is squarely on the bubble, Merrimack).

I think if they see Maine at the Garden that'll be a good test for them. They have arguably the best line in HE and an absolutely lethal powerplay. It would be great for a shutdown line to develop.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:07 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Anyone else concerned that going into the Garden, BC (probably) won't have played a good team for a month and will have only played 1 road game during that span? That's a long layoff from competitive hockey.

@PC
PC
UVM
UVM

HE Semis

I'm not all that concerned, but it's only because I don't care all that much about winning HE.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:15 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:

@PC
PC
UVM
UVM

HE Semis

I'm not all that concerned, but it's only because I don't care all that much about winning HE.

I'm not really concerned about the HE championship either. To put it another way though, they could be going 5 weeks with only one game against a good team (HE Semis).
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:16 pm

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:

@PC
PC
UVM
UVM

HE Semis

I'm not really concerned about the HE championship either. To put it another way though, they could be going 5 weeks with only one game against a good team (HE Semis).

Right now I'm mostly concerned that both UVM games are on CBSCS.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:54 am

The echo Adam, both these games are on CBS Sports tonight at 7:30 & tomorrow at 7

BC needs a combined 3 points from themselves & NU to clinch the RS title.

UVM is terrible who knows if after the long ride they will have given up or come out inspired.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:06 am

Apparently Dumoulin is 50/50 for tonight with a bruised knee, was limited in practice yesterday

I don't believe he's missed a game in his 3 years here
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:27 pm

As bad as UVM is, they played hard all game and BC really didn't put the game away until later. If they played a good team, there would have been problems but it's UVM. Heck they couldn't even score on a 2 on 0 in front of Milner as the puck or attempted shot was went wide of the net.

Almeida is now the proud leader on the team as the leading goal scorer with one game left. Quite an accomplishment for this senior and hopefully he'll continue into the post season.

A little bit of over passing at times when they should have shot the puck on net. I saw Dumoulin go into the boards and was worried he might be hurt but I guess he's OK.

Tomorrow, I just hope they win the game and not get a tie against the last place team. I want to see a resounding beat down of UVM and BC smelling blood in the water. I don't want them trying to turn it on and turning it off. I want them in a flow and rhythm from now on in until the season ends with a trip to the FF. Don't start developing bad habits now and soon they will be playing good teams. If they play UMass in the quarter finals, it won't be a cakewalk as they have already beaten BC in the season series and they just beat MC tonight, 5-1.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:04 am

Barry's goal was #2 on SportsCenter this morning

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:25 pm

Well that's that, looking forward to the quarter final matchup next week with UMass. A chance for BC to avenge 2 losses at UMass and put the Minutemen away for good. Milner was solid tonight in net and made some real good stops.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:58 am

I was interested to see how BC would celebrate this, it is a great accomplishment but obviously bigger fish to fry.

York moved Destry to skate with Hayes & Kreider and that line produced 2 early goals. Milner is on fire right now, seeing & saving everything. A couple of juicy rebounds in the 3rd but can't complain with a 0 for the other team.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Kelley Rink