Another BU Player Arrested

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Another BU Player Arrested

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:24 pm

http://www.bu.edu/today/2012/hockey-player-arrested-for-sexual-assault/

Max Nicastro, a defenseman on the men’s hockey team, was arrested early Sunday morning by Boston University police and charged with sexual assault. BU Police Chief Tom Robbins said his department is working with the Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office, which is investigating the allegations. He said the incident is alleged to have happened on campus. Nicastro, who was accused of sexual assault by a female student, was arrested on the Charles River Campus at 6:30 a.m. He is being held on $25,000 cash bail, and will be arraigned in Brighton District Court on Tuesday.

BU Athletic Director Michael Lynch said Nicastro has been suspended from the hockey team pending the outcome of the investigation.

Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore said his office looks into all allegations of student misconduct. “Once we receive any information like this, “ said Elmore, “we investigate all sides of allegations to see if there has been a violation of the code of student conduct, at which point further action may be taken.”

Nicastro (CGS’11, MET’13), who was living at 10 Buick Street, comes from Thousand Oaks, California. Before arriving at Boston University in 2009, he spent two seasons playing with Chicago Steel of USHL, and he also played for the AAA Los Angeles Jr. Kings . The 6’ 3”, 210 pound junior played in 15 games this season.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Another BU Player Arrested

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:26 pm

Wil the last player please turn out the lights?
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCTG on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:14 pm

cesspool program, Angry Jack will be drinking heavily tonight
BCTG
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:22 pm

BCTG {l Wrote}:cesspool program, Angry Jack will be drinking heavily tonight

So it's just another Sunday at the Parker household?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:00 pm

BTW I know EndlessMike likes to read USCHO every so often but there is some serious trolling going on in the BU threads, pretty hilarious
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby AdamBC on Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:26 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BTW I know EndlessMike likes to read USCHO every so often but there is some serious trolling going on in the BU threads, pretty hilarious

Agreed, some good stuff there.

Wow, they can't even score OFF the ice.

This is starting to sound a lot like Penn State and Paterno - two, over the hill, has beens running programs into the ground amidst sexual debauchery.

Hey top story on Channel 7!
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:05 am

This would be a major coup if we can scope up a major BU recruit because of the bad PR they're getting from this scandal. 2X in one season is unreal.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:09 am

Also some more serious trolling at the BU Newspaper's blog:

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2012/02/max-nicastro-arrested-suspended.html
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:42 am

I enjoyed the "CGS'11, MET'13"
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:43 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:BTW I know EndlessMike likes to read USCHO every so often but there is some serious trolling going on in the BU threads, pretty hilarious

I'm enjoying the BU thread right now. :kudos
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

And that's the clean version a ton of posts w "personal attacks" were deleted
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:42 pm

I read from another board that BC signed a big forward named Calnan for 2013. If BC can take advantage of BU's PR problems, we should be able to win some more Beanpots and make the FF or NCAA tournaments if we can outrecruit BU for the top notch players.

Next year will be tough without Kreider and Almeida, also players like Carey and Dumoulin will be gone. Addressing the offensive needs of next year will be tough.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:25 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:I read from another board that BC signed a big forward named Calnan for 2013. If BC can take advantage of BU's PR problems, we should be able to win some more Beanpots and make the FF or NCAA tournaments if we can outrecruit BU for the top notch players.

Next year will be tough without Kreider and Almeida, also players like Carey and Dumoulin will be gone. Addressing the offensive needs of next year will be tough.

Correct, according to TOS he was waiting on some SATs and was looking to go Ivy and had HE programs (BU) in the hunt for him as well. Nice to have some size.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 am

Have to think this has accelerated the clock on Parker.

This has been a brutal year for him.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:53 am

Parker speaks: http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/mens_hockey/articles/2012/02/21/parker_addresses_nicastro_situation/?page=full

Parker: BU believes in transparency
Coach hopes Nicastro rape charge is ‘a horrible coincidence’
By Nancy Marrapese-Burrell
Globe Staff / February 21, 2012

It has been a tumultuous and troubling season for the Boston University men’s hockey team and coach Jack Parker.

The latest blow came Sunday morning, when star defenseman Max Nicastro was arrested for rape. He was the second BU player arrested for sexual assault in 10 weeks.

Parker said there was not a great deal he could share about the specifics of the Nicastro case, other than to say Nicastro will get due process through the Dean of Students office and the court system. Nicastro has been suspended indefinitely from the hockey team.

“I don’t know how this thing plays out,’’ he said yesterday by phone. “It remains to be seen.’’

Parker wanted to be very clear that the school, the athletics department, and the hockey program believe in transparency.

Parker was forthright when discussing Corey Trivino, who was arrested for sexual assault Dec. 11. Parker doesn’t believe the incidents are symptomatic of a larger problem.

“I hope it’s a horrible coincidence,’’ said Parker. “I don’t want this to be the culture of our team and if it is, we’ll change it. We’ve had problems in the past but we’ve dealt with them and gotten rid of kids we didn’t want in our program, whether it be drinking, school or a whole bunch of things but we’ve had a few instances and dealt with kids and removed them from our program because they weren’t living up to our standards and that’s how we will look at Max. Is this the culture of the BU hockey team? Is this the culture of BU athletics? If it is, the buck stops here. But I don’t believe it is.’’

Parker said the standards at BU are high and for student-athletes, they’re even higher.

“Not just BU hockey but BU athletics in general, all the coaches hold these kids to a higher standard [in terms of] how they conduct themselves academically, and on the playing fields and in society,’’ said Parker. “We want to make sure we hold them to that standard and if anybody falls below it, we deal with it. I don’t think anybody has ever thought that Boston University in general, or the BU hockey team in particular, covered anything up or tried to quiet things down and keep it in house just so a kid can play another game. That’s not our M.O. That’s never been my M.O. and we deal with individual cases as they come. There are going to be bad instances, no question, and when they happen, we deal with them and I think we’ve dealt with them appropriately over the years and we’ll deal with this one appropriately but there’s nothing to be dealt with right now other than the suspension until we see what happens.’’

Parker said that unlike Trivino, who had issues with alcohol, Nicastro had not been in trouble.

He said BU tries to give student-athletes resources to make good decisions and to understand proper conduct and the consequences of improper conduct and how to avoid getting into dangerous situations.

“I think the university and the athletic department in particular has done a great job in trying to make sure [the players] on both the men’s and women’s teams know what’s expected and how to conduct themselves,’’ Parker said.

Parker said hockey obviously hasn’t been the priority the last couple of days. He had a brief meeting with his team Sunday and they will practice today.

“This is not a matter of, ‘Hey, I hope you can get over this to win the next hockey game,’ ’’ he said. “People are injured here, people are hurting here, people are feeling bad here.’’

The Terriers have four games remaining in the regular season, beginning Friday at Vermont.

“It’s not a very good situation all around but one of the things I like about my team is that they’ve been resilient and they will support their teammate but at the same time, they will support their other teammates in the room,’’ he said. “I told them, ‘We know who we are, we know what type of citizens we have on this team. People will be painting this with a broad brush and you’re just going to have to [keep your chin up] and go about your business as you’re expected to go about your business as a good student, a good athlete, and a good citizen.’ ’’

Parker said he can’t be worried about what the outside world is thinking about him and his program.

“If I was worried about what outside people think of me and my program, I would be in a straitjacket probably,’’ said Parker. “There is no sense in trying to convince people of this or that. Some people will assume some things and some people will assume other things and in many, many areas, assumptions get proven incorrect.

“I’m hoping it plays out as best for everybody involved as possible but this is about due process. I want to assure anybody who is looking at our program that if there is reason for it to be dealt with severely, it will be dealt with severely. It will be dealt with fairly and properly just like we have in every other instance. We’ve had a sterling reputation here for a long time. We’re not covering anything up. We’re not trying to save anybody’s reputation.’’

Parker said neither player has been convicted and their alleged misdeeds have yet to be adjudicated, but he believes he has his finger on the pulse of the team and it’s not pernicious.

“If there is a problem with my team, that stops with me, that’s my problem and I should be painted with that brush,’’ he said. “Is drinking a problem in college athletics? Yes. Is sexual misbehavior a problem with college students? Yes.

“Do we expect that our guys and gals understand that and take a little bit better look at how they conduct themselves? Yes, we do and we try to give them all the information we can and give them all the help we can to make good decisions but good people make bad decisions and sometimes bad people make bad decisions but we don’t know what the decisions are here. I don’t think the brush should be dipped in the paint yet.’’

He said he and his team will try to make the best of the rest of the year.

“I feel bad for everybody involved. Nobody’s going to come out of this a winner,’’ he said. “This is a bad situation and it remains to be seen how bad but we’ll deal with it.’’

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:46 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:

And that's the clean version a ton of posts w "personal attacks" were deleted

Yeah, the fun police are way too active on USCHO.

I did get to see twunts like Scott Copley aka Rover and TerrierByAssociation basically defending the kid by either blaming the victim or trying to downplay the crime, which is funny. Did anyone else here post on USCHO back when TBA stole another poster's girlfriend over the internet? Rover of course is reminding everyone that BC had gambling scandals at one point. :dildodog
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:55 am

Would hockey scandals be called ice shavings?
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:56 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:Would hockey scandals be called ice shavings?

:whammy
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:00 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I did get to see twunts like Scott Copley aka Rover and TerrierByAssociation basically defending the kid by either blaming the victim or trying to downplay the crime, which is funny. Did anyone else here post on USCHO back when TBA stole another poster's girlfriend over the internet? Rover of course is reminding everyone that BC had gambling scandals at one point. :dildodog

Yes. TBA, one of the biggest pissants you could possibly find on this planet, stole UMLGoon's (Ryan Lambert, who now writes for Puck Daddy, he's also a miserable prick but has some redeeming qualities) girlfriend Erin, aka gap-toothed erin, in an internet relationship. He told her how great she was over internet chats, told her he didn't care about her giant gap in her teeth, that UMLGoon was a bad guy for being mean to her, and that he didn't care that she was a hillbilly from New Hampshire.

Not long after that they determined from these internet chats they were in love and he proposed to her - this might have also happened via internet chat. I'm not sure if they even met before their wedding day but they barely knew each other yet had determined they were soul mates. It was love at first aol IM.

Naturally, that marriage didn't last and they're now divorced. It was quite a love triangle of dumb bastards if I've ever seen one. I can't imagine the genetic issues that would have been passed on to a kid had either of those two guys given her the hot beef injection. :orca

Erin can still be found flying to the Frozen Four annually out of the Manchester airport with her parents while wearing her UNH jersey. :suicide

Glad we could all share this storytime together. :tophat
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:33 pm

The gambling scandal at BC and the assault cases at BU are like apples and oranges. BU fans keep bringing that up when BC fans discuss BU scandals.

Sabo, Trivino, and now Nicastro. Glass should never have been dismissed for studying for a test, his only crime is not being a great BU player. Bartlett is another one. As long as JP remains at BU, these things will come up.

Glad we have York to run a clean program and hopefully they find an excellent coach to replace York when he steps down. We don't need GDF to screw up the process. Hope GDF is long gone by then.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:47 pm

Ryan Lambert sucks and is by far my least favorite thing about Puck Daddy, which I generally find awesome in all other respects.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:I did get to see twunts like Scott Copley aka Rover and TerrierByAssociation basically defending the kid by either blaming the victim or trying to downplay the crime, which is funny. Did anyone else here post on USCHO back when TBA stole another poster's girlfriend over the internet? Rover of course is reminding everyone that BC had gambling scandals at one point. :dildodog

Yes. TBA, one of the biggest pissants you could possibly find on this planet, stole UMLGoon's (Ryan Lambert, who now writes for Puck Daddy, he's also a miserable prick but has some redeeming qualities) girlfriend Erin, aka gap-toothed erin, in an internet relationship. He told her how great she was over internet chats, told her he didn't care about her giant gap in her teeth, that UMLGoon was a bad guy for being mean to her, and that he didn't care that she was a hillbilly from New Hampshire.

Not long after that they determined from these internet chats they were in love and he proposed to her - this might have also happened via internet chat. I'm not sure if they even met before their wedding day but they barely knew each other yet had determined they were soul mates. It was love at first aol IM.

Naturally, that marriage didn't last and they're now divorced. It was quite a love triangle of dumb bastards if I've ever seen one. I can't imagine the genetic issues that would have been passed on to a kid had either of those two guys given her the hot beef injection. :orca

Erin can still be found flying to the Frozen Four annually out of the Manchester airport with her parents while wearing her UNH jersey. :suicide

Glad we could all share this storytime together. :tophat

Wow, they actually got divorced? Thank you for sharing that, good sir. Top notch.
Last edited by Endless Mike on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby AdamBC on Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:22 pm

AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Wow, they actually got divorced? Thank you for sharing that, good sir. Top notch.

Don't quote me on it but that's what I heard. Pretty sure it's true. Not surprising really. I asked if someone was going to send me an evite to their ewedding but they didn't find it very funny (everyone else did though).

In the meantime, this Nicastro kid is phucked in my opinion. We'll have to wait and see I guess. It sure is funny to watch the same miserables pieces of monkey spunk (one has been known to frequent this board) backtrack on uscho after they got their trolley accident laughs in a few years ago. They convinced themselves that they can avoid humiliation by discrediting Trivino's victim because she opened the door even though she was wrong about her RA duties, equating rape with getting a designated driver and then having that train get rammed by a Trolley on the T operator's fault, and general whining about BC fans on their thread... which has resulted in them being -----> further humiliated. Bad choice.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:43 pm

Looks like an upstanding member of society

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:11 am

Ahhh USCHO, a place where I imagine most of the posters closely resemble the hill mutants from The Hills Have Eyes. I used to rattle cages over there when I wanted to keep my game sharp, but honestly it was too easy. The Rover guy was such a clown it was no fun making him look like a retard. In addition, when one considers that BC's representation was headlined by the pinhead douche, it was sad. Watching pinhead fight with any number of UNH, BU or Maine dorks was akin to watching the boxing competition at the Special Olympics. It was amusing, but it left you with a Henderson-the-Rain-King type feeling of self-loathing.

Also, I think Jack Parker's daughter propositioned me once over there. I don't know if it was the one that Parker whored out to Scott LaChance or the other slut, but it was disturbing.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:35 am

The internet buzz is there is more bad news on the horizon for BU

Edit: The only fact is that it isn't sexual
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:12 pm

Boston University Office of the President
Robert A. Brown
President
One Silber Way
Boston, Massachusetts 02215
T 617-353-2200 F 617-353-3278

February 23, 2012

Dear Colleagues and Students:

For decades the Boston University men’s ice hockey team has been a source of tremendous pride for the Boston University community, on and off the ice. Our student athletes have competed at the highest level of collegiate ice hockey and united generations of students, alumni, and friends who cheer for their success and admire their accomplishments.

Today we find ourselves at a crossroads for the men’s ice hockey program and the University. As has been extensively reported, two members of our team have been charged with assault this academic year. These charges, if ultimately substantiated, involve reprehensible acts. The Boston University community expects that our student athletes, as representatives of the University, adhere to the same high standards to which we hold all members of our community and which reflect the mission and aspirations of our university.

The charges in these cases understandably lead to questions about whether the hockey team's culture and climate have contributed in some way to the actions of the two individuals. The University must address these questions and, if deficiencies are identified, make appropriate and necessary changes.

I am writing to let you know that I am forming a task force of University trustees, overseers, faculty, and staff which will be charged with studying the culture and climate of the men’s ice hockey team and its influence on the behavior of student athletes in our campus community. I stress that the constitution of the task force does not reflect a judgment about the specific facts in the two cases of alleged assault. The determination of both cases must be left to the judicial system.

The constitution of the task force does, however, reflect a University-level judgment that the two incidents indicate something systemic or habitual may foster a team climate that does not comport with the highest standards of conduct we seek to maintain for all members of our community.

I launch this task force with the full support of Head Coach Jack Parker, Athletic Director Mike Lynch, and Bob Knox, Chairman of our Board of Trustees. Coach Parker told The Boston Globe, "I hope it’s a horrible coincidence. I don’t want this to be the culture of our team, and if it is, we’ll change it." Coach Parker's comment is exactly right.

The membership of the task force, its charge, and its work plan will be announced in the next several weeks. The goal is for the task force to offer the University a thoughtful and impartial assessment of the culture and climate of our team, with a view to answering the question whether that culture and climate could have contributed to actions that, in turn, led to criminal charges. I will ask to have a report from the task force early in the summer so that we can begin to address any issues in the coming academic year.

Working together, we will do whatever is necessary to restore the Boston University community’s confidence in the men’s ice hockey program. I look forward to reporting to you on our progress.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Brown
President
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby AdamBC on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Not surprised. This is not good for BU, but I don't see them canning hockey. Likely the team is on double secret probation now.
AdamBC
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:34 pm

From an on-ice perspective, I could actually see these events as being galvanizing. As the campus and press turns against the team...I suspect the motivation will be an "us against the world" type of thing. The team played very well after Coyle left and Clendenning considered leaving following the Trevino arrest; I could see that happening again.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Next

Return to Kelley Rink