BU's Trivino (HEA Leading Scorer) Arrested & Kicked Off Team

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BU's Trivino (HEA Leading Scorer) Arrested & Kicked Off Team

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:06 am

Well I'm glad nothing has happened to any of BC's players this year. It's too bad these things happen but life moves on. Losing 2 frontline centers is a big hole to fill all of a sudden but they will adjust and move on. This definitely hurts their team for this year but it allows someone to step up or new recruits to fill the voids. JP is definitely having his problems and it seems lately he has been hit by this with his BU teams. I don't know if it's him or the type of player he recruits. As long as he's there, BU hockey will be run his way and BC surely benefits when recruits see what's going on over at the other end of Comm. Ave.

The fallout on the BU team remains to be seen but let's see how they regroup and rebound from these recent incidents. There's still a lot of hockey left and tournaments coming up. York's style surely is unique and his players respect him for it and hopefully he will continue to be at BC and GDF keeps his paws off the program.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:03 pm

My understanding is that what's being rumored about clendenning isn't a done deal yet.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:29 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:My understanding is that what's being rumored about clendenning isn't a done deal yet.

Haven't checked the news yet this morning but as of last night that's what I was hearing as well.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Caber91 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:58 pm

It's Coyle. Leaving to go play pro. Yikes, that is one bad week for BU.
Caber91
n00b

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Caber91 {l Wrote}:It's Coyle. Leaving to go play pro. Yikes, that is one bad week for BU.

Apparently the unknown is in addition to Coyle but it isn't in stone, my guess is Clendenning
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Clendenning is denying the report of leaving early. As did Coyle though...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:29 pm

It might be worth trolling USCHO for the first time in years...
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:58 pm

There has been some pretty great trolling going on in the BU threads, especially towards the end of the locked thread
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:There has been some pretty great trolling going on in the BU threads, especially towards the end of the locked thread

<---Guilty.

I love getting those BC rejects riled up.

My guess is Clendening comes back though.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:07 am

What are they saying about Clendenning's status over there?
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:40 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:What are they saying about Clendenning's status over there?

Wait & see mode.

He had an interview with the old beat writer from the Freep where he reaffirmed his status even after the reporter saying, you know Coyle said the same thing before he left.

They hate that the "14 year old with an internet connection" scooped the school's newspaper. Apparently the 14 year old is going to start writing for TOS (I'm serious).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:49 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Wait & see mode.

He had an interview with the old beat writer from the Freep where he reaffirmed his status even after the reporter saying, you know Coyle said the same thing before he left.

They hate that the "14 year old with an internet connection" scooped the school's newspaper. Apparently the 14 year old is going to start writing for TOS (I'm serious).

I've seen some references in various places. What's that all about?
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:08 am

A kid runs the BC hockey blog (not sure of the actual address but just google bc hockey blog it's hosted by blogspot) has been providing some great CONTENT this year. He's been naming who is the starting goalie every night before anyone, etc.

He "broke" the Coyle story and inside college hockey said something along the lines of, "We're not justifying a rumor put out by some 14 year old in Chestnut Hill with an internet connection."

Later in the day the BU newspaper had an interview with Coyle and he's said he's staying but the kid stuck by his story. The next day more and more news sources picked up on it that he was leaving and fanboy nation went into full meltdown mode.

Edit: I forget his name but his father played at BC and they live in Newton.
Last edited by claver2010 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:14 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Wait & see mode.

I just read through the discussions about this on USCHO. Great stuff.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:28 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:A kid runs the BC hockey blog (not sure of the actual address but just google bc hockey blog it's hosted by blogspot) has been providing some great CONTENT this year. He's been naming who is the starting goalie every night before anyone, etc.

He "broke" the Coyle story and inside college hockey said something along the lines of, "We're not justifying a rumor put out by some 14 year old in Chestnut Hill with an internet connection."

Later in the day the BU newspaper had an interview with Coyle and he's said he's staying but the kid stuck by his story. The next day more and more news sources picked up on it that he was leaving and fanboy nation went into full meltdown mode.

Edit: I forget his name but his father played at BC and they live in Newton.

That's pretty classic.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:31 pm

Parker with some comments on Coyle leaving for the Q:

http://www.thebostonhockeyblog.com/2012/03/jack-parker-reacts-to-charlie-coyles.html

Jack Parker reacts to Charlie Coyle's NHL contract, QMJHL success
By Arielle Aronson/DFP Staff

When former Terrier Charlie Coyle decided to leave Boston University in December to join the Saint John Sea Dogs of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Terrier coach Jack Parker was vocal in his disappointment in Coyle's decision.

Since then, however, Coyle has enjoyed plenty of success in Canada. Through 16 games with the Sea Dogs, Coyle has notched 24 points on 12 goals and 12 assists. In 16 games with BU this season, Coyle scored three goals and 11 assists. The Weymouth native totaled 40 points (10 goals, 30 assists) in his BU career and was the Hockey East Rookie of the Year for the 2010-11 season.

On Thursday, two months after Coyle's move to the QMJHL, the Weymouth native inked an three-year entry-level contract with the Minnesota Wild. Coyle will remain in Saint John through the end of the season.

When notified of Coyle's contract, Parker still seemed annoyed with Coyle.

"I haven’t kept up with him at all," Parker, a coach that keeps in touch with many of his former players, said. "I would presume he would be able to score easier in that league against 16- or 17-year-olds."

Back when the then-sophomore chose to leave BU, Parker called Coyle's move "a less than lateral move" and noted that "it would have been better for us and maybe better for him if he had decided to leave at the end of last season."

Coyle's point totals in the QMJHL, Parker said, are more indicative of the quality of play in the QMJHL as compared to the NCAA rather than as a reflection of Coyle's skill.

"The quality of play can be shown by somebody that you see come here and barely gets a point and then he goes up there and gets 20," Parker said Thursday. "It’s a lot easier and it’s not as good a competition. Charlie was an 18-year-old as a freshman and a 19-year-old here and playing 22-, 23-, 24- and sometimes 25-year-olds. Now he is a 19-year-old playing against 17-year-olds. There is no way that’s as good for him. But it looks better on his stat sheet."

Coyle did not leave BU for a mediocre team. The Sea Dogs are the reigning Canadian Hockey League Memorial Cup champions. This season, the Sea Dogs are making a run to repeat, as they are the top team in the QMJHL and are ranked No. 1 in the CHL overall. Their roster boasts three first-round NHL Draft picks in forwards Zack Phillips (MIN) and Jonathan Huberdeau (FLA) as well as defenseman Nathan Beaulieu (MTL) to compliment Coyle, who was drafted 28th overall by the San Jose Sharks in the 2010 NHL Draft. Still, Parker denied that Coyle's success is due in part to the caliber of players on the team's roster.

"If you took his whole line [from BU] and move them up there, they would have the same results," Parker said. "If you took Alex Chiasson, you took [Matt] Nieto, you took Coyle and played them against 17-year-olds, they would be getting a million points too. Charlie Coyle was playing with real good players here."

Parker, an ardent believer in the benefits of college hockey over Canadian major junior hockey, said Coyle's results in Canada and subsequent contract do not sway his opinion on the major junior debate.

"Unless you’re real dumb or you don’t want to go to school at all and want nothing to do with school, or you're an 18 year-old phenom that is going to be in the NHL at 19, college hockey is the way to go," Parker said.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Previous