BC vs. BU Again!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

BC vs. BU Again!

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:10 pm

OK here we go again, they play home and home and BC is coming off a tough win over Yale. Hope they play much better than last time and crank that offense up. The defense hopefully better than the last BU game else we're in for a long weekend. Kreider and Arnold have to carry the load on offense with some help from the other lines. Wey won't be back yet but maybe for the GLI as he is needed to bolster the blue line. Dumoulin needs to play better than last game against BU.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: BC vs. BU Again!

Postby wolverineneshl on Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:31 am

I'm hoping for at least a split this weekend perhaps 3 points. Then PC and Lowell wrap it up until the GLI. If they can win 3 of 4 next games I would be pleased. Not easy games, BU is BU, PC has improved and so has Lowell even though we have beaten them twice already.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 am

4 points or the weekend is a complete and utter disaster.

I cannot fucking stand these fucking frauds. Fuck 'em. I hope they zamboni our ice with their tears.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:44 am

Not sure who will be in net tonight but the article says Milner is "expected" but who knows...

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/college/general/view/2011_1202pot_starts_to_brew_bc_set_for_rematch_after_wake-up_call_by_bu/

BC set for rematch after ‘wake-up call’ by BU
’Pot starts to brew
By John Connolly / College Hockey
Friday, December 2, 2011 - Added 8 hours ago
Second-ranked Boston College and No. 13 Boston University will renew acquaintances in a home-and-home weekend series starting tonight at Kelley Rink, where the Terriers thrashed the Eagles, 5-0, on Nov. 13.

That game remains fresh in the minds of both teams.

“Well, I don’t think it is much of a factor except that in some ways you can feel pretty good that we played well against them, but a negative might be that you wake them up and they’ll be looking to get back at us,” BU coach Jack Parker said.

“That (5-0) is few and far between. In order to win, we need to outplay them on special teams. The last time they moved the puck very well on us and had some good chances but just didn’t finish. Special teams is real important because sometimes you can lose momentum on (power plays) if the other team kills it off and you don’t score.”

BC clearly hasn’t forgotten its lone shutout of the season.

“I think we had a real good wake-up call the last time we played BU because I think they beat us in every facet,” coach Jerry York said. “At that time, we were cruising along at 9-2-0 with no speed bumps in the road. But our response has been very positive.”

The Terriers (7-4-1, 4-3-0 Hockey East) are riding a four-game win streak, including a 2-1 overtime gem against No. 17 Cornell last Sunday. BU has drawn excellent play up front from Alex Chiasson, Charlie Coyle and Matt Nieto, while the defense has been keyed by Max Nicastro, Sean Escobedo, Adam Clendening and Garrett Noonan. Goalie Kieran Millan has allowed only two goals in his last 182 minutes, 48 seconds of action.

Co-captain and winger Chris Connolly, who is two points shy of 100 for his career, is questionable tonight with a shoulder injury.

BC (10-4-0, 7-2-0) is coming off a 3-2 victory at No. 14 Yale in which freshman goalie Brian Billett made 32 saves.

“We’re building depth at that position,” said York, who is expected to start Parker Milner, a junior, in net tonight.

Eagles captain Tommy Cross and Brian Dumoulin have looked good on the blue line. Winger Barry Almeida and much-improved center Bill Arnold have been sharp up front. Chris Kreider already has bagged 10 goals, just one shy of his total last season.

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:38 am

They need to salvage the weekend with a win at BU on Saturday else it's a disasterous weekend. They made it more respectable this time but still a loss is a loss. They need to score first and put BU on their heels for a change. Don't quite understand why the refs called off a BC goal back. Was it a man in the crease or whistle blowing play dead? BC is officially in a slump right now with recent losses to BU twice, ND, and UMass. PC just upset MC and NU routs ND.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:54 pm

OK, last I heard we were up 5-1 in the 3rd period. Nice way to end the weekend after Friday's game. ND losses 2X to NU and MC drops 2 to PC. What a weekend!
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Goals from Saturday night, thanks Salzano

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John