Recruits doing well

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:23 pm

twballgame9 wrote:Gaudreau is not better than Gerbe, sorry. Plus he is 4'3'' . Makes Gerbe look like Chara


Your GF makes it to a ton of games, huh?
User avatar
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 11581
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Location: A Chalupa Stand
Karma: 2631

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby flyingelvii on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Salzano14 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:He also hasn't been working towards a legitimate major all year. He's gone.
Wut?
flyingelvii wrote:To the second point, he's not getting a rookie maximum.
Says who? Gerbe got the rookie max and Gaudreau is better than Gerbe.

I know people. He's gone.

And Gaudreau has an extremely slight frame as opposed to Gerbe's short and stout frame. There's legitimate questions as to whether his body can handle NHL physicality whereas there weren't those questions for Gerbe.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall
 
Posts: 5005
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:28 pm
Karma: 590

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby PhillyandBCEagles on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:24 pm

Gerbe projected better at the NHL level, but Johnny Hockey is the better college player IMO.
PhillyandBCEagles
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm
Karma: 411

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby commavegarage on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:49 pm

Salzano14 wrote:
flyingelvii wrote:He also hasn't been working towards a legitimate major all year. He's gone.
Wut?
flyingelvii wrote:To the second point, he's not getting a rookie maximum.
Says who? Gerbe got the rookie max and Gaudreau is better than Gerbe.


Why are you so into women's hockey? What about it do you find enjoyable? (Serious question)
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 690

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:50 am

flyingelvii wrote:And Gaudreau has an extremely slight frame as opposed to Gerbe's short and stout frame.


That's true but to the original point Johnny is a couple of inches taller than gerbe
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:14 am

I have heard from two people that he is gone. I have also heard from one person who has known him since his early childhood that he is leaning towards staying. Not sure who is correct and both arguments make sense.

He leaves: He is far and away the best player in college hockey. He is going to win one of the most lopsided Hobeys in history. He is setting such absurdly high bar this year that it is unlikely he is going to be able to duplicate it--particularly since Hayes and Arnold are gone. Stats will likely be less impressive next year and impact his earnings. With apologies to Minnesota, his team is the favorite to win it all which would give him 2 in 3 years. Calgary has made no bones about the fact that they want him after the NCAAs end and he might as well start getting paid.

He stays: He is built like David Emma and right now there are doubts that he can stand up to the physical pounding of the league. Playing the 80+ game schedule of the AHL and NHL is not conducive to adding mass and strength. If anything, he is likely to get smaller and weaker as the season progresses. He loves BC, loves playing with his brother and loves playing for Jerry York. If he stays, he only plays a 40 game schedule with plenty of time to try and bulk up in the weight room--he is never going to be the fire hydrant sort like Gionta or Gerbe, but if he can put on another 10-15 lbs then he is in the Paul Kariya neighborhood (5'9 170). It also puts pressure on Calgary to either pay him the rookie max or lose him to free agency. He can take a policy out with Lloyd's of London to mitigate the risk of a college injury.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:45 am

I think if he stays, it will be interesting how he does with the likes of Milano and Wood or Tuch or a Sanford to replace the outgoing Hayes and Arnold and Brown. They have the size to protect JG.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:53 am
Karma: 1

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:31 am

pick6pedro wrote:
twballgame9 wrote:Gaudreau is not better than Gerbe, sorry. Plus he is 4'3'' . Makes Gerbe look like Chara


Your GF makes it to a ton of games, huh?


Yes. Plus I bought this new thing called the Interwebs.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
User avatar
twballgame9
BC Guy
 
Posts: 29154
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:49 am
Karma: 2321

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:07 pm

Update on Gaudreau:

Johnny Gaudreau's point streak ended Sunday, leaving him tied with former Maine great Paul Kariya for the streak record in Hockey East. Guessing is that Gaudreau will be off to the pros before he gets to challenge that record again. But, according to an inside source (his father), Gaudreau is being pressured by his mother to stay at BC for a fourth year and get his degree before heading to the Calgary Flames. Boston College fans should be sending flowers regularly to Mrs. Gaudreau.


http://bostoncollege.rivals.com/barrier ... id=1621072
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:52 pm

Another GM's kid:

Over The Boards ‏@OTBPuckWatch
95 F Chris Shero (Kimball Union) commits to Boston College. Son of @Penguins GM Ray Shero is a Pittsburgh midget hockey product before prep.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:02 pm

ESPN posted a 1st round mock draft, several recruits & Demko selected:


11. Sonny Milano TEAM: USNDTP DOB: 5/12/96 HT: 5-11 WT: 185 POS: C/LW

Team fit: Chasing Stanley Cups usually comes at the expense of stockpiling prospects, and the Canucks are no exception to this rule. What has been shocking has been the speed with which the 2011-12 Presidents' Trophy winners have imploded. Adding a skilled forward like Milano will aid the process of repairing the Canucks' anemic offensive attack, but it will be hard to build this franchise back up to its playoff-contender level at the same speed with which it has fallen.

Pronman's take: Milano put up giant scoring numbers with the USNTDP compared even to what most top forwards have done in the past. Some of it was due to playing on a line with elite 2015 draft prospect Jack Eichel, but he was not a passenger on that train. His puck skills and offensive hockey sense are among the best in this draft class. Milano makes plays that can bring you out of your seat on a regular basis, and on more than one occasion, I've seen him make plays that were very unique.


He's highest ranked player heading to college

Alex Tuch TEAM: USNTDP DOB: 5/10/96 HT: 6-3 WT: 216 POS: C/RW

Team fit: Though there might be concerns about his skating, Tuch's game has "Philadelphia Flyer" written all over it: a big, strong power forward with skill who can protect the puck and is difficult for defenders to handle.

Pronman's take: Tuch has really improved his hands and overall coordination to where he's a very dangerous puck handler. He's highly creative and is at his best from the hashmarks in. Tuch protects the puck quite well and can be very effective in the cycle.


2nd highest ranked player heading to college

Thatcher Demko TEAM: Boston College (NCAA) DOB: 12/8/95 HT: 6-3 WT: 192 POS: G
Team fit: Despite the fact that the Bruins already have a highly touted goaltender (Malcolm Subban) in their system, the Golden Rule of drafting in the upper rounds of the NHL talent lottery is to take the best asset available, and Demko will be that at this point in the draft (if all goes as it has in my mock). At least the Bruins' brass won't have to go far to check in on his development.

Pronman's take: Demko is a really smart and refined goaltender. He's a natural at the position due to his big frame, good positional work and ability to leave very little room for the shooter. He won't blow you away with athletic skills, but he's pretty good in terms of lateral movements and lower-body bursts.


Only goalie & only college player

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/ ... st-overall
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:23 pm

claver2010 wrote:ESPN posted a 1st round mock draft, several recruits & Demko selected:


11. Sonny Milano TEAM: USNDTP DOB: 5/12/96 HT: 5-11 WT: 185 POS: C/LW

Team fit: Chasing Stanley Cups usually comes at the expense of stockpiling prospects, and the Canucks are no exception to this rule. What has been shocking has been the speed with which the 2011-12 Presidents' Trophy winners have imploded. Adding a skilled forward like Milano will aid the process of repairing the Canucks' anemic offensive attack, but it will be hard to build this franchise back up to its playoff-contender level at the same speed with which it has fallen.

Pronman's take: Milano put up giant scoring numbers with the USNTDP compared even to what most top forwards have done in the past. Some of it was due to playing on a line with elite 2015 draft prospect Jack Eichel, but he was not a passenger on that train. His puck skills and offensive hockey sense are among the best in this draft class. Milano makes plays that can bring you out of your seat on a regular basis, and on more than one occasion, I've seen him make plays that were very unique.


He's highest ranked player heading to college

Alex Tuch TEAM: USNTDP DOB: 5/10/96 HT: 6-3 WT: 216 POS: C/RW

Team fit: Though there might be concerns about his skating, Tuch's game has "Philadelphia Flyer" written all over it: a big, strong power forward with skill who can protect the puck and is difficult for defenders to handle.

Pronman's take: Tuch has really improved his hands and overall coordination to where he's a very dangerous puck handler. He's highly creative and is at his best from the hashmarks in. Tuch protects the puck quite well and can be very effective in the cycle.


2nd highest ranked player heading to college

Thatcher Demko TEAM: Boston College (NCAA) DOB: 12/8/95 HT: 6-3 WT: 192 POS: G
Team fit: Despite the fact that the Bruins already have a highly touted goaltender (Malcolm Subban) in their system, the Golden Rule of drafting in the upper rounds of the NHL talent lottery is to take the best asset available, and Demko will be that at this point in the draft (if all goes as it has in my mock). At least the Bruins' brass won't have to go far to check in on his development.

Pronman's take: Demko is a really smart and refined goaltender. He's a natural at the position due to his big frame, good positional work and ability to leave very little room for the shooter. He won't blow you away with athletic skills, but he's pretty good in terms of lateral movements and lower-body bursts.


Only goalie & only college player

http://insider.espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/ ... st-overall


Thanks Claver,
Is thread is usually the high point of my BC related day.
User avatar
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 8825
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:25 pm
Location: I am the Duke of New York
Karma: 1564

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:01 am

The US under 18 won the gold medal at the u18 world championships. US has won 5 of last 6 golds at this event

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/s ... _id=752796

Milano had a goal & 2 assists.

Hanifin & Tuch were on the team as well.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby BCEagles66 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:30 pm

claver2010 wrote:The US under 18 won the gold medal at the u18 world championships. US has won 5 of last 6 golds at this event

http://www.usahockey.com/news_article/s ... _id=752796

Milano had a goal & 2 assists.

Hanifin & Tuch were on the team as well.


Three of the best performers for USA in the tourney. Also, Fortunato had a supposedly impressive performance...name to watch if Matheson bolts.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:57 am
Karma: 24

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:55 am

BC grabbed another forward, Jeremy Bracco from Freeport, NY decommit from Harvard looks like a 2015 arrival

He's #1 in scoring on the U17 team 17-54-71 in 54 games. 2nd on the team is Colin White who is also a BC commit at 33-30-63 in 47 games.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby shockdoct on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:02 pm

When did strong island start churning out all these high end hockey players?
User avatar
shockdoct
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2870
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Karma: 313

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:36 pm

shockdoct wrote:When did strong island start churning out all these high end hockey players?


and ty must be thrilled with all the itals, bracco, milano, santini, cangelosi...
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:06 pm

claver2010 wrote:
shockdoct wrote:When did strong island start churning out all these high end hockey players?


and ty must be thrilled with all the itals, bracco, milano, santini, cangelosi...


you can say this because your plumber is italian.
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14401
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2849

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:25 pm

I have no problems with guineas serving as labor, that is what they were put on Earth to do. It is when you elevate them to management that things get dicey--see, Spaziani, Frank and Flipoleon, Gene.
Dick Rosenthal
Cushing Hall
 
Posts: 2096
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Karma: 347

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby Eaglekeeper on Thu May 01, 2014 12:14 am

BC had a lot of problems with the potatoe management crew, Flynn hiring JOB, 2 beanpot Lenny and 0 - 11 Chelbek. BC has done well with English coaches, York, Davis & Williams. DeFillippo is a spanish name, not authentic italian. Gionta = Authentic Italian. Viva la Papa! Viva BC! Adaimo Eagles!
Eaglekeeper
McGuinn Hall
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:45 pm
Karma: -270

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Thu May 01, 2014 8:39 am

While not our recruit but a feature on Eichel who is off to BU next year. Talks about Sonny Milano & Noah Hanifin, as well as Major Jr vs NCAA development

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2014/04 ... ing-about/
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Interesting piece on the "gentleman's agreement" of recruiting comitted players and future of the agreement

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2 ... coachs.php

some of the interweb police/twitterati have their panties in a bunch as some highly recruited players have flipped commitments to bc of late (wood from harvard, milano from ND, & bracco from harvard).
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri May 02, 2014 3:41 pm

claver2010 wrote:some of the interweb police/twitterati have their panties in a bunch as some highly recruited players have flipped commitments to bc of late (wood from harvard, milano from ND, & bracco from harvard).

I trust these are the same twitterati that say BC should "know their place" when football/basketball commits flip from BC to elsewhere?
#FireJimChristian
#FireAddazio
User avatar
DavidGordonsFoot
Fulton Hall
 
Posts: 14401
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:56 pm
Location: Not tobaccoroad
Karma: 2849

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Sat May 03, 2014 11:33 am

DavidGordonsFoot wrote:
claver2010 wrote:some of the interweb police/twitterati have their panties in a bunch as some highly recruited players have flipped commitments to bc of late (wood from harvard, milano from ND, & bracco from harvard).

I trust these are the same twitterati that say BC should "know their place" when football/basketball commits flip from BC to elsewhere?


pretty much including former poster here (and BU/yukon fanboy) slurpees

Image
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:23 am

Interesting article on recruiting, there's been a lot of buzz around the "agreement" (you don't recruit committed kids) this past year, especially as York has grabbed some very highly touted decommits (Milano, Wood, etc). Not sure if BC has said officially but many of the power schools are no longer following it.

http://www.uscho.com/recruiting/2014/06 ... mmitments/

Some coaches believe eliminating that gentleman’s agreement will help slow the tide of players committing to schools at such young ages.

“What we have now in recruiting is the worst possible environment — 14- and 15-year old boys trying to select a college,” said Boston College coach Jerry York, who emphasized that the focus needs to be on what’s best for players, not what’s best for teams.

“I strongly feel we should follow the NCAA rule on [National Letters of Intent]. If you look at [Chris Heisenberg's recruiting list] from three years ago, it’s a radically different list now. What we have now is not working. [Recruiting to] the NLI will bring sanity back. Older players will make better, more informed decisions.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Quick article on Bracco in the USA hockey magazine

http://www.usahockeymagazine.com/articl ... -ntdp-star

Big Things Come In Small Packages For Budding NTDP Star






By:
Ryan Satkowiak





Jeremy Bracco is used to hearing it, and he doesn’t like it: “You’re too small. You aren’t strong enough. Players your size can’t withstand physical play at the next level.”

Standing at 5-foot-9 and weighing in at 154 pounds, Bracco doesn’t fit the arbitrary mold of what some teams look for in a hockey player. Throughout his first season with the National Team Development Program’s Under-17 Team, Bracco has been determined to show his detractors that size doesn’t matter.

“Everyone usually knocks me for my size, but I kind of use it as motivation to try and be the best player on the rink,” said the Freeport, N.Y., native.

If he’s not the best player on the ice most nights, he’s certainly in the discussion. He led the U-17 team in scoring with 74 points, 10 more than his closest teammate. Even as a smaller player, he’s not afraid to venture into the muck-and-grind areas in front of the net or into the corners.

But that’s not his game. He’s a wizard with the puck who would rather pass than shoot. In fact, he passes a lot. This year, he broke the NTDP single-season assist record of 50, set by U.S. Olympian Patrick Kane during the 2005-06 season.

“Honestly, it’s truly a testament to the boys I play with. It’s them that help me do that. They’re doing everything night-in and night-out to grind guys out, which gives me the opportunity to do things,” said Bracco, who established a new mark with 58 helpers to go along with 16 goals.

With as successful as he has been, it’s easy to forget Bracco played the majority of the season as a 16-year-old, against a schedule featuring United States Hockey League teams with players as much as four years older than him.

Bracco credits that experience for helping him prepare for the next level. It’s also helped him excel when he’s played against players in his age group.

He’s been at his best on the biggest stages. During the World Under-17 Challenge and the Under-17 Five Nations Tournament, both which the U.S. won, Bracco posted four goals and 15 assists in 11 games.

“Winning that Five Nations was huge but obviously the Challenge is the hardest. You have to win seven games in eight nights, which was big,” said Bracco, who won’t be eligible for the NHL Entry Draft until 2015.

“Coming from last year, the guys won bronze and were telling us how hard it was going to be to do that. We wanted to represent our country and come out with gold.”

While his hockey career is still in its adolescent stages, the future already appears bright for Bracco. He has one more season with the NTDP, where he will vie for a spot on the 2015 World Junior Championship roster. He’s called making the Under-17 team his favorite hockey memory to this point, and has loved the relationships he’s built with his teammates and his billet family.

And even with the potential allure of the Canadian junior leagues tempting him, as they did with Kane in 2006, Bracco said that as of right now, he is determined to live out his dream of playing college hockey and earn a world-class education.



“Both of my parents went to college,” said Bracco, who has already committed to play college hockey at Boston College after originally committing to Harvard University. “So that’s what I have my heart set on.”
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby b0mberMan on Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:46 am

So... been a lot of chatter at the Blue Jacket's training camp about Milano going to the OHL. the Kid is starting to sound slightly suicidal on his twitter machine.
NorthEndEagle wrote:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall
 
Posts: 9288
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: Cat hair pee fire
Karma: 2632

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:50 pm

rejoice potato aids!

york got a commit from idaho, zach walker

what over the boards said on him (a little tgosb-ish):

13. 98 F Zach Walker - Colorado Thunderbirds U16 – 6’1 – 175

NTDP, 2014-15

Speed, speed, and more speed – draws explosive bursts from a powerful lower half, but just as impressive are some of the plays Walker can make at top speed. As he continues to come into his body and play to his gifted offensive traits, the Boise, Idaho native should emerge as a premier talent.


as said above, he's going to the national team dev program next fall.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby commavegarage on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:57 pm

From an ESPN NHL Insider Guy....

Q: Is Connor McDavid a slam dunk to go No. 1 in the 2015 draft? Or can Jack Eichel go No. 1? Might we have another situation like we did in 2010 with Hall and Seguin?


A: I'd put Connor McDavid as the favorite but I don't think it's a lock he goes No. 1. Eichel is in the conversation and if he continues to progress it'll be close. They're both high high end talents that will help change the franchises that land them. And don't sleep on American defenseman Noah Hanifin either.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall
 
Posts: 7032
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:33 pm
Karma: 690

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby claver2010 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 am

It's certainly going to be fun with multiple top 5 picks in HE this fall. Really interested to watch Eichel. Wonder how he's going to be received down the street. He's coming onto a team with not a ton of talent and is expected to be Jesus on skates. Realistically though what type of numbers is he going to put up? 20-20-40? For comparison's sake Colin Wilson (#7 overall) went 12-23-35 & JVR (#2) 11-23-34, both on more talented teams. If he does something like that will he be viewed as a failure? Should be interesting.

Whereas Noah will get what the 4th (?) most minues on the blue line behind Santini, McCoshen & Matheson? Also given the position he'll blend in more barring the egregious error.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
User avatar
claver2010
Gasson Hall
 
Posts: 16785
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:55 pm
Karma: 2902

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Untitled document