Recruits doing well

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Recruits doing well

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:35 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:How does York celebrate getting screwed out of 2 points?

Stealing one of the best recruits in the nation. Sonny Milano committed to BC over BU, Minnesota, Michigan, & Miami after decommitting from ND. He's regarded as the best US born F for his age and is ranked an A by NHL scouting. He should be here this fall

York now has 3 of the top 7 recruits for next season

Yeah!!!!

Its tough to follow recruiting in Hockey, I just trust York. There are years I see us with no one in the top 10 but the names I see I know are quality.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:56 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:How does York celebrate getting screwed out of 2 points?

Stealing one of the best recruits in the nation. Sonny Milano committed to BC over BU, Minnesota, Michigan, & Miami after decommitting from ND. He's regarded as the best US born F for his age and is ranked an A by NHL scouting. He should be here this fall

York now has 3 of the top 7 recruits for next season

I also read that ND had assumed he was a 2015 prospect, but York is working to get him on campus next year.

Also, if you go to NDNation and find their hockey forum, its funny in the sense that they are starting to assume football-like smugness. Someone posted that they heard there should be another decommit in the next week because he is hearing "recruits are put off by the fact that we've signed too many top flight players." :lol:
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:02 am

http://www.bceagles.com/sports/m-hockey ... 13aac.html

York issued a press release of the 4 that signed a LOI for the fall of 2014 including the recently committed Milano

All 4 are forwards which makes sense given the absurd depth on the blue line even if Matheson leaves

Milano is the ranked #2 for 2014, Sanford 6, and Tuch 7

I'm sure this doesn't rule out Hanafin arriving next fall opposed to 2015 to have him on campus as long as possible, he's rumored to be a top pick in the NHL draft when eligible from St Sebastian's.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:17 pm

According to the kid, the plan is to accelerate Hanifin for next fall

Makes sense to get as much time w him on campus as possible, projected top 5/10 pick in 2015 draft
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 pm

Some familiar names in NHL's release of mid term rankings for the 2014 draft:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=699869

NAM Goalies:
1: Demko

NAM Skaters
16: Sonny Milano (highest non-major junior player)
21: Alex Tuch
94: Tanner McMaster
157: Joey Dudek
161: Scott Savage
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:41 pm

The kid is reporting that Hanifin will be here in the fall

Also picked up a committment from Cushing's David Cotton (Parker, TX '97) http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college ... ockey-east
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:11 am

McMaster decommitted which is odd considering he signed his LOI in the fall and BC would need to release him. Speculation about playing time & admission questions.

Timing is also interesting as well considering one of the big players from this recruiting class just decomitted from Brown, Alex Wood: http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogs ... brown.html (article written before McMaster decommitted)
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:McMaster decommitted which is odd considering he signed his LOI in the fall and BC would need to release him. Speculation about playing time & admission questions.

Timing is also interesting as well considering one of the big players from this recruiting class just decomitted from Brown, Alex Wood: http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.blogs ... brown.html (article written before McMaster decommitted)

Man oh man. If we can get Tuch, Milano AND Hanifin, plus Wood next season. Heck of a way to reload after losing G, Arnold & Hayes.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby eaglesfan06 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

lol York is insane.

Miles Wood to BC.
eaglesfan06
Campion Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Good Lord Jerry
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:09 pm

I'm sure he's awesome at hokey and welcome aboard, but don't let TRE see that name.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TobaccoRoadEagle on Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:14 pm

miles wood
now in the street there is violence
and, and a lots of work to be done
no place to hang out our washing
and, and i can't blame all on the sun
good god we gonna rock down to electric avenue
and then we'll take it higher
TobaccoRoadEagle
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:12 pm

According to the twitterati, Wood (who is currently a JR) might not be coming in the fall because it was assumed Gaudreau would leave. Becoming a greater possibility he sticks around for SR season.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby BCEagles66 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:41 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:According to the twitterati, Wood (who is currently a JR) might not be coming in the fall because it was assumed Gaudreau would leave. Becoming a greater possibility he sticks around for SR season.

Don't get me wrong, because I'd be pumped, but I can't see probability of G coming back being greater than 25%. I am trying to talk myself into it given (a.) he needs to get stronger, so why not spend a year at BC rather than riding a bus in the AHL, (b.) ability to play with little bro for another year, (c.) finishing the education and (d.) building his legacy to absolute legend status. But still...would think maybe the lack of school work and 100% focus on strength & conditioning, especially with nothing left to prove in NCAA, may be enough to bolt.

Hope I'm wrong.
BCEagles66
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:According to the twitterati, Wood (who is currently a JR) might not be coming in the fall because it was assumed Gaudreau would leave. Becoming a greater possibility he sticks around for SR season.

I am sorry, so is Woods committing and waiting a year, does he want to play with Johnny or not?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:04 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I am sorry, so is Woods committing and waiting a year, does he want to play with Johnny or not?

sorry, he committed to bc. when he arrives depends on when johnny departs.

i (and pretty much everyone else) assumed johnny was leaving this spring, but it appears that is no longer CONFIRMED and it's still up in the air
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:15 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

i (and pretty much everyone else) assumed johnny was leaving this spring, but it appears that is no longer CONFIRMED and it's still up in the air

Awesome, I was just reading USCHO.

I would love to have JG another year, what the hell could he become with another year.

Personally, I would stay at BC and hope another team drafts me, why would you ever want to go to Calgary. It is -14 there right now. WTF?!?(not to mention the tax situation) Not good for a Jersey boy. I would hang out. Calgary probably wont take you again, as long as Edmonton doesnt, you may end up back in the Northeast.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BC96 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:02 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I would love to have JG another year, what the hell could he become with another year.

Personally, I would stay at BC and hope another team drafts me, why would you ever want to go to Calgary. It is -14 there right now. WTF?!?(not to mention the tax situation) Not good for a Jersey boy. I would hang out. Calgary probably wont take you again, as long as Edmonton doesnt, you may end up back in the Northeast.

Unless I'm mistaken, he would be a free agent and not be part of the draft.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 pm

BC96 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Then I would come back for senior year no questions asked, then sign with the Devils, Flyers or Rangers if he wants to stay home, the Bruins if he loves Boston or the Stars if he wants to not pay state tax.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:27 am

BCEagles66 {l Wrote}:

Don't get me wrong, because I'd be pumped, but I can't see probability of G coming back being greater than 25%. I am trying to talk myself into it given (a.) he needs to get stronger, so why not spend a year at BC rather than riding a bus in the AHL, (b.) ability to play with little bro for another year, (c.) finishing the education and (d.) building his legacy to absolute legend status. But still...would think maybe the lack of school work and 100% focus on strength & conditioning, especially with nothing left to prove in NCAA, may be enough to bolt.

Hope I'm wrong.

He also hasn't been working towards a legitimate major all year. He's gone.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:30 am

BC96 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I'm pretty sure they closed that loophole after Wheeler and others exploited it. Can't recall the changes off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure you can't just wait out becoming a UFA.

Oh and he would want to join Calgary because they suck and there's little in front of him for playing time. That and Calgary wants to bring him in after the season's over.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:53 am

For some reason I think if they don't sign after 4 years they need to wait till 7/1 before signing with anyone else.

I'd be surprised if he's back.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:38 am

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
BC96 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

I'm pretty sure they closed that loophole after Wheeler and others exploited it. Can't recall the changes off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure you can't just wait out becoming a UFA.

Oh and he would want to join Calgary because they suck and there's little in front of him for playing time. That and Calgary wants to bring him in after the season's over.

Yes, but you would be stuck in Calgary for years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby BC96 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:For some reason I think if they don't sign after 4 years they need to wait till 7/1 before signing with anyone else.

I'd be surprised if he's back.

I read somewhere that if he comes back for his 4th year and plays past January 1, the Flames own his right until August 15. If he doesn't sign by then, he becomes a free agent. If he starts his senior year and leaves school before January 1, the drafting team would own his rights until June 1. Why anyone would do that is beyond me? Maybe this applies to the BU kids that get kicked out of school after the first few games.

The August 15 date is big since that's pretty deep into the free agent season and many of the team are going to be up against the salary cap.
BC96
Carney Hall

Postby Supahfan99 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:22 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Personally, I would stay at BC and hope another team drafts me, why would you ever want to go to Calgary. It is -14 there right now. WTF?!?(not to mention the tax situation)

Pretty risky stuff. Calgary is going to feel pressure and not want to lose his rights and throw serious money at him. If he stays and some dipshit from Merrimack gives him the old Ulf Samuelsson treatment he's pretty much flushed down hundreds of thousands of dollars down the drain at minimum, more likely millions.

If he signed this spring for a rookie maximum and Calgary goes all in, you're looking at a 3-year max ELC worth 925K a year, plus 10% bonus on that (maximum). So if he spends it all in Calgary with the big club, which may be doubtful, you're talking about risking $3M potentially. If he spends it all in the AHL, he's still risking that 277,500 in bonus money and probably $75,000 a year over $3 years, which is about half a mil at minimum.
Supahfan99
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:55 am

He's gone. Unlike Shinskie and Hanlan, he's more than ready.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:46 am

Supahfan99 {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Personally, I would stay at BC and hope another team drafts me, why would you ever want to go to Calgary. It is -14 there right now. WTF?!?(not to mention the tax situation)

Pretty risky stuff. Calgary is going to feel pressure and not want to lose his rights and throw serious money at him. If he stays and some dipshit from Merrimack gives him the old Ulf Samuelsson treatment he's pretty much flushed down hundreds of thousands of dollars down the drain at minimum, more likely millions.

If he signed this spring for a rookie maximum and Calgary goes all in, you're looking at a 3-year max ELC worth 925K a year, plus 10% bonus on that (maximum). So if he spends it all in Calgary with the big club, which may be doubtful, you're talking about risking $3M potentially. If he spends it all in the AHL, he's still risking that 277,500 in bonus money and probably $75,000 a year over $3 years, which is about half a mil at minimum.

To your overall point, that is why Lloyd's of London exists.

To the second point, he's not getting a rookie maximum.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Salzano14 on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:41 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:He also hasn't been working towards a legitimate major all year. He's gone.
Wut?
flyingelvii {l Wrote}:To the second point, he's not getting a rookie maximum.
Says who? Gerbe got the rookie max and Gaudreau is better than Gerbe.
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:14 am

Gaudreau is not better than Gerbe, sorry. Plus he is 4'3'' . Makes Gerbe look like Chara
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:22 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Gaudreau is not better than Gerbe, sorry. Plus he is 4'3'' . Makes Gerbe look like Chara

Was actually discussing it this year, they're close

Gerbe better in his own end

Not to get all h00ps weird0 but they're built completely different as well
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George