NU and BU

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

NU and BU

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:19 pm

Well a split over the weekend is not the end of the world, but we move on to next weekend's games. I think the Sunday game is listed at 4:00 PM but it might be changed to 7:00 PM. Hopefully it stays at 4:00 PM being Sunday and not wanting to get home late on a Sunday night.

2 more tough league games and looking forward to the challenge. Both are home games with BC now at 8-2 and likely knocked off the #1 spot in this week's polls.

Hockey is the only sport I look forward to as football at BC has deteriorated to the pits. They need a new AD and and a new football coach to lead the program up again. I don't think Spaz is the man and his hiring by Gene for Jags replacement was the wrong choice and the process in selecting the coach was flawed. I gave up my football season tickets awhile back and have no regrets. The basketball program is in transition with a new coach but we'll see.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Re: NU and BU

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:53 pm

They better not change it, Jets/Pats at 8
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:26 am

Parker last night:
Immediately following the Boston University men's hockey team's 7-1 loss to University of Massachusetts-Lowell tonight, BU coach Jack Parker made quick work of his post-game press conference.

Speaking for all of 19 seconds, he said: "Horrible game by us from start to finish. We got a goal right off the bat and then we look like we don’t care. I’m impressed with how hard Lowell played, but they played against a team that was playing pond hockey tonight. We’re out there cruising around like shinny in September. Horrible game. Not one guy played well."

Parker later returned, apologized for being so abrupt and took questions for about three minutes.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:40 pm

I like the day off on Saturday, as it gives them time to recuperate for Sunday's game. Playing back to back games in 2 nights can be tiring but we'll see how they do this coming weekend. Pretty even offense now, so far, with 8 by Kreider, 7 by Arnold, 6 by Whitney, 5 by Gaudreau and Almeida. I was hoping to see more goals from Carey and Mullane this year. Hayes is on a real productive line and has only 3 goals.

Well they have to watch for Justin Daniels their leading goal scorer and Manno who had 2 goals against BC. Hopefully, they'll play better defense this time as BC stole a game at Mathews this year.

BU is a puzzling team right now. You know they have talent but aren't clicking right now with a record of 3-3-1 overall and 2-2-1 in Hockey East play. Let's hope they don't put it together on Sunday and BC plays well enough to win. Nieto has been averaging about a goal a game so far. Trivino has 5, and Chiasson has 4. Last year. I believe BC swept BU in one of those rare moments. It's not too often, we sweep our arch rivals during a season. Hopefully BC will continue the streak against them.

See some of you guys up in Pikes Peak Club. The food is not that great but at least you can chug down a beer.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:39 am

Regarding the off-day: It's extremely important now that we're essentially playing 5 dmen. Pretty disappointed Begert isn't getting any time. Dumoulin & Cross are logging a TON of minutes.

I'll be at Pikes Peak, love the pulled pork & a couple of beers before the game.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:26 pm

TRUE FACT: Northeastern's mascot is named after their female student body.
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:34 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:
b0mberMan {l Wrote}:TRUE FACT: Northeastern's mascot is named after their female student body.

fupa?

THE HUSKIES!

:chewbanka
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Regarding the off-day: It's extremely important now that we're essentially playing 5 dmen. Pretty disappointed Begert isn't getting any time. Dumoulin & Cross are logging a TON of minutes.

I'll be at Pikes Peak, love the pulled pork & a couple of beers before the game.

BTW, I started a Pikes Peak Club on facebook. You might want to join and contribute. I see Lee Blossom on the list, he used to play for BC way back when. Jack Murray mentioned a trip to Maine when BC goes on the road up there.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:38 am

wolverineneshl {l Wrote}:
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Regarding the off-day: It's extremely important now that we're essentially playing 5 dmen. Pretty disappointed Begert isn't getting any time. Dumoulin & Cross are logging a TON of minutes.

BTW, I started a Pikes Peak Club on facebook. You might want to join and contribute. I see Lee Blossom on the list, he used to play for BC way back when. Jack Murray mentioned a trip to Maine when BC goes on the road up there.

Excellent can you post/PM the link? I know there are others who belong to Pike's Peak on the board who would probably be interested.

As for this weekend. A chance to bounce back on home ice & continue to separate from the pack in HE.

We've been excellent at home in HE (16-1-1) last year & this.

NU has recently given us troubles but we were able to pull out an OT win at Matthews (which has been a house of horrors for us the past couple of years) after being down 2 goals in the 3rd. NU is 1-5-2 this year but last weekend took both games against Merrimack (the 2nd best team in HE) into OT. Some former BC recruits are on NU, Vinny Saponari (1-6-7) & Cody Ferriero who has topped his extremely disappointing FR year with a suspension to start and carrying an impressive (0-0-0) line through 3 games.

BU comes in reeling as well off the hands of a 7-1 loss at UML where they were outshot 44-16. I'm sure those practices this week have been fun. It's a huge weekend for BU as they host Merrimack on Friday & then BC on Sunday.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:07 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:

Excellent can you post/PM the link? I know there are others who belong to Pike's Peak on the board who would probably be interested.

As for this weekend. A chance to bounce back on home ice & continue to separate from the pack in HE.

We've been excellent at home in HE (16-1-1) last year & this.

NU has recently given us troubles but we were able to pull out an OT win at Matthews (which has been a house of horrors for us the past couple of years) after being down 2 goals in the 3rd. NU is 1-5-2 this year but last weekend took both games against Merrimack (the 2nd best team in HE) into OT. Some former BC recruits are on NU, Vinny Saponari (1-6-7) & Cody Ferriero who has topped his extremely disappointing FR year with a suspension to start and carrying an impressive (0-0-0) line through 3 games.

BU comes in reeling as well off the hands of a 7-1 loss at UML where they were outshot 44-16. I'm sure those practices this week have been fun. It's a huge weekend for BU as they host Merrimack on Friday & then BC on Sunday.

OK try this link:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/192467924165542/
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:35 pm

As someone from Maine, I wouldn't take a trip to Orono to see a game. The drive from Boston is an absolute haul (like 4+ hours), there's nothing to do at all in Orono (go to the Pizza place in Old Town). We used to go to games all the time up there when I was at Colby just because it was close but overall I wouldn't recommend it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:09 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

As someone from Maine, I wouldn't take a trip to Orono to see a game. The drive from Boston is an absolute haul (like 4+ hours), there's nothing to do at all in Orono (go to the Pizza place in Old Town). We used to go to games all the time up there when I was at Colby just because it was close but overall I wouldn't recommend it.

I'd say tie it into a nice ski weekend but it's 2.5 hours away from sugarloaf, good lord there's no wonder no one wants to go there. We have 2 of the top Maine kids on our roster (Dumoulin & Billett).

Other schools recruiting top Canadians has killed Maine.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:46 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with Kato. Total shithole and I will never go back.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:39 pm

Duchie hope you & your kids enjoyed that one. Wow what a game, 2-1 win Cross with a wrister w 2.8 seconds wins it. Will have more thoughts later.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:49 pm

BC outshot NU by 2-1 and only wins by 2-1 margin. Fun game to be at since we won but very fustrating I'm sure for NU and their fans. There was one women behind me who kept yelling "Go Huskies!" behind me and it was kind of irritating. Mr. and Mrs. Cross were quite thrilled that Tommy put in the GW goal with 2.8 seconds left. The BC crowd exploded!

See everyone Sunday and hopefully a 4-point weekend. MC still undefeated as the came from behind to beat BU in OT. I'm sure BU will want to salvage this weekend with a win but BC should be ready for them with a rock em sock em game at Conte with a day rest in between games.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 pm

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Salzano14 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:48 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:As someone from Maine, I wouldn't take a trip to Orono to see a game. The drive from Boston is an absolute haul (like 4+ hours), there's nothing to do at all in Orono (go to the Pizza place in Old Town). We used to go to games all the time up there when I was at Colby just because it was close but overall I wouldn't recommend it.

If you like old barns - and I really do - Maine is a good time. Passionate knowledgeable everyday fans, intense student section, and a rickety old hockey barn. I love going to games up there. You're right though, that is a hell of a haul.
claver2010 {l Wrote}:Duchie hope you & your kids enjoyed that one. Wow what a game, 2-1 win Cross with a wrister w 2.8 seconds wins it. Will have more thoughts later.

This... wow, you couldn't have picked a better game to bring them to!
I prefer hockey.
Salzano14
McGuinn Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I expect a close game Sunday, with a lot of hard checking by both teams being hated rivals on Comm. Ave. BU will try to slow BC's skating with a physical game to slow BC down and disrupt their rythym and passing lanes. The place should be packed and electric being the first meeting of the year between these two teams. BU played better on Friday against MC despie losing a close game 3-2. Cannata played quite well I heard to stifle the BU offense. If BC can get the lead first that would be a plus for the home team.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't expect a close game. BC is the much, much better team at home and is coming off an emotional win while BU is coming off an emotional loss.

If we score first it could get real ugly.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby wolverineneshl on Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:53 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:I don't expect a close game. BC is the much, much better team at home and is coming off an emotional win while BU is coming off an emotional loss.

If we score first it could get real ugly.

Hope you're right about coasting to a win but you never can tell in HE this year, we already have a blip with UMass and NU have been 2 tough games. BU has talent and you can't take them or any team lightly, especially they are our arch rivals. I think we caught Lowell at the right time as they have suddenly been playing well and getting some offense.

Defense is thin now, if Alber is out too with Wey. Begert has to play sometime with our defense so thin now, and contribute. Don't know if York will go with 5 on D again but we'll see.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:07 pm

Alber is in:

Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby baldwin_legion on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

anybody know if the game is streaming online?
baldwin_legion
n00b

Postby baldwin_legion on Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:15 pm

baldwin_legion {l Wrote}:anybody know if the game is streaming online?

video that is
baldwin_legion
n00b

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:16 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Duchie hope you & your kids enjoyed that one. Wow what a game, 2-1 win Cross with a wrister w 2.8 seconds wins it. Will have more thoughts later.

Thanks for inquiring, I am dying that I missed it but we didnt end up making it up. My wife's father had a mini-stroke earlier in the week and was in the hospital so we were going to cancel the whole weekend. He actually was released late Friday so we ended up going up early Saturday to try and salvage the rest of the weekend. I should just resign myself to never making it up for a game unless every star is properly aligned.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby wolverineneshl on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:03 pm

All around team loss this afternoon, didn't expect BU to whitewash us 5-0. That quick goal in the 1st set the tone, BC gave up PP goals including a SH goal by BU. The 5-on-3 PP by BU Parker Milner had no chance on that 1-timer. Too many break downs but give BU credit, they came ready to play and took it to us in our house.

In 3 weeks, BC has a chance to avenge this loss.

Next game on the road at Notre Dame next week. Hopefully, they'll get back on the winning track.
wolverineneshl
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:04 pm

Half-hearted effort. Spaz must a given the pre game speech. Lost a ton of face-offs, got too cute on odd man rushes, and generally looked like they didn't care. Better now than later in the season, but this effort made me wanna vomit.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:26 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:

Thanks for inquiring, I am dying that I missed it but we didnt end up making it up. My wife's father had a mini-stroke earlier in the week and was in the hospital so we were going to cancel the whole weekend. He actually was released late Friday so we ended up going up early Saturday to try and salvage the rest of the weekend. I should just resign myself to never making it up for a game unless every star is properly aligned.

Very sorry to hear that, glad all is well.

As for the game yesterday:

Thorough ass whipping. Literally nothing went right. But kudos to BU.

Several points:

Zero sustained offensive pressure. It was 0 or 1 shot and done. Looking up a the scoreboard midway through the 3rd and seeing what 15 shots? That's not BC hockey.
The D was disgusting. Way too cavalier & sloppy in own zone, especially starting the breakout (Dumoulin uncharacteristically bad game).
Being too fancy/not putting the puck on net was an issue on Friday night I hit on as well, even bigger problem yesterday.
Might be time to switch up the lines a little (Sit got some time with a higher line).
This Begert not being able to crack the lineup is extremely frustrating. I'd be shocked if Dyroff got more than 5 minutes of ice time, it's going to kill Dumoulin & Cross.

One the whole, the entire team looked extremely lackadaisical especially on the blue line.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:27 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:Half-hearted effort. Spaz must a given the pre game speech. Lost a ton of face-offs, got too cute on odd man rushes, and generally looked like they didn't care. Better now than later in the season, but this effort made me wanna vomit.

Agreed, it was fucking disgusting the effort they put forth.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Return to Kelley Rink