NHL Playoff Pool (Make Finals Picks)

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NHL Playoff Pool (Make Conference Finals Picks)

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun May 20, 2012 9:37 am

I thought the Devils outplayed NY, 80% of the game, even the 4th line had utterly dominating shifts, they just cant put it in the net.

I actually think all the "blocking" talk has gotten into their head and they think they need to be too fine, have a deflection, etc. One thing I did notice, it when they cycle the puck around, when it gets to the other side, they have to shoot immediately. It seems they are delaying and worried about something that isnt there.

I would also like to see a bit of chippiness in the next game, maybe start with a fight. Something. I would also mix up the lines a bit (couldnt hurt.)
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 am

Does Brian Boyle look like a musketeer do anyone else?
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Sun May 20, 2012 2:15 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I thought the Devils outplayed NY, 80% of the game, even the 4th line had utterly dominating shifts, they just cant put it in the net.

I actually think all the "blocking" talk has gotten into their head and they think they need to be too fine, have a deflection, etc. One thing I did notice, it when they cycle the puck around, when it gets to the other side, they have to shoot immediately. It seems they are delaying and worried about something that isnt there.

I would also like to see a bit of chippiness in the next game, maybe start with a fight. Something. I would also mix up the lines a bit (couldnt hurt.)

If by 80% you mean the first period, then I agree. After Prust dropped the People's Elbow the Rangers definitely carried the play and had many more scoring chances then the Albany River Rats.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun May 20, 2012 3:12 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}: I would also mix up the lines a bit (couldnt hurt.)

You're getting your wish. They're splitting up Parise and Kovy and putting Josephsen back in, supposedly at the expense of Sykora
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun May 20, 2012 8:36 pm

Shanahan can suck a nut
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 am

b0mberMan {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}: I would also mix up the lines a bit (couldnt hurt.)

You're getting your wish. They're splitting up Parise and Kovy and putting Josephsen back in, supposedly at the expense of Sykora

I would say I will look like a fool if it doesnt work out, but they cant score any less. I agree with splitting your top 2 Kovy and Parise in this case and hopefully get 2 productive lines.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 6:40 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Shanahan can suck a nut

He's luck it was only one game. If you want to fight drop the gloves, dont throw a cheap shot.

How do Ranger fans feel about Tortorella? I find him to be a whiny, little bitch. My 6yo cries less.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 21, 2012 6:56 am

Prust led the league in fights, often fighting way above his weight class, he's not afraid to drop the gloves.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 7:44 am

claver2010 {l Wrote}:Prust led the league in fights, often fighting way above his weight class, he's not afraid to drop the gloves.

He probably feels he cant do it or it would lead to a Devil power play. I have no problem with fighting, but elbows to the back of a head are different.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am

Yeah, there's really no defense for what Prust did. You should consider him lucky that Volchenkov wasn't seriously hurt on that play because that was a Duncan Keith-esque play. Puck is in the air, not even making a play on the puck, elbow to the head, yada, yada, yada.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon May 21, 2012 10:58 am

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 12:26 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I thought the Devils outplayed NY, 80% of the game, even the 4th line had utterly dominating shifts, they just cant put it in the net.

If by 80% you mean the first period, then I agree. After Prust dropped the People's Elbow the Rangers definitely carried the play and had many more scoring chances then the Albany River Rats.

Did you hate the Devils this much when I played for them? I seem to remember you loving to drop my name at bars in Hoboken.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 21, 2012 2:32 pm

I do you one favor in Hoboken and I have to hear about it 15 years later? After I gave you the kind of assist that Adam Oates, Craig Janney or dare I say The Great One might have dished only to watch you slam it into the post (in the form of Fortunato calling you out). It goes to show that being swarthy and relatively obscure isn't enough--you have to stay in character. Not as bad as the William Patterson grad after his car accident, but not helpful. My brilliance is wasted.

And for the record, I have hated the Devils ever since they benched Terreri. I have always despised Fatso Uncle Daddy, along with The Head Hunter and the Falling Down Drunk, The Cheap Shot Artist, The Czech Money Stealer, Driver the Double Agent and all of the other loathsome characters that have filled the roster over the years. Guerin, Mottau and Talented Gionta were the only guys for whom I did not wish death.

And as for whiny, there is no whinier koont in all of hockey than the doughy-faced fajjet who pollutes the Devils bench these days. I think Deboer is Afrikaaner for "Coaches diving".
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Realistically, what were the chances of running into Fortunato at that exact time, in front of that bar. It was truly a nice behind the back, between the skates but perfectly on the stick pass.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I do you one favor in Hoboken and I have to hear about it 15 years later? After I gave you the kind of assist that Adam Oates, Craig Janney or dare I say The Great One might have dished only to watch you slam it into the post (in the form of Fortunato calling you out). It goes to show that being swarthy and relatively obscure isn't enough--you have to stay in character. Not as bad as the William Patterson grad after his car accident, but not helpful. My brilliance is wasted.

And for the record, I have hated the Devils ever since they benched Terreri. I have always despised Fatso Uncle Daddy, along with The Head Hunter and the Falling Down Drunk, The Cheap Shot Artist, The Czech Money Stealer, Driver the Double Agent and all of the other loathsome characters that have filled the roster over the years. Guerin, Mottau and Talented Gionta were the only guys for whom I did not wish death.

And as for whiny, there is no whinier koont in all of hockey than the doughy-faced fajjet who pollutes the Devils bench these days. I think Deboer is Afrikaaner for "Coaches diving".

Not for nothing, but I doubt Adam Oates ever dished out any assists that involved picking up women. Just sayin'.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 21, 2012 4:02 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:I do you one favor in Hoboken and I have to hear about it 15 years later? After I gave you the kind of assist that Adam Oates, Craig Janney or dare I say The Great One might have dished only to watch you slam it into the post (in the form of Fortunato calling you out). It goes to show that being swarthy and relatively obscure isn't enough--you have to stay in character. Not as bad as the William Patterson grad after his car accident, but not helpful. My brilliance is wasted.

Not for nothing, but I doubt Adam Oates ever dished out any assists that involved picking up women. Just sayin'.

Incorrect again:
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon May 21, 2012 5:13 pm

flyingelvii {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Incorrect again:

Actually, there was clearly no scoring there, so no assist.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:43 pm

"We would like to list all the Boston College players in tonight's lineup, but we do have to get to the game."
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby claver2010 on Mon May 21, 2012 7:48 pm

For a powerplay that has been operating at 40% for the last couple of games, they have such trouble gaining the zone.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:"We would like to list all the Boston College players in tonight's lineup, but we do have to get to the game."

That was awesome.

Kreider coming to the Rangers was like them signing a major free agent at the playoffs.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Well tonight further confirmed why Stu Bickel doesn't deserve more than 5 or so minutes a night.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby bchockey04 on Mon May 21, 2012 9:14 pm

Mike Rupp is a little bitch. That is all.
bchockey04
Carney Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 21, 2012 9:21 pm

bchockey04 {l Wrote}:Mike Rupp is a little bitch. That is all.
BUT HE FIGHTS GUYS HIS OWN SIZE!!!
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Mon May 21, 2012 9:34 pm

Dan O'Rourke should be killed in his sleep. What an attrocious officiating job. Not that it isn't intentional, but still. I imagine since the Devils have a gay head coach and a gay assistant coach, the diving on display here was taught to this fajjet hockey team by assistant coach Greg Louganis.

It is remarkble how little the Rangers appeared to care tonight. While the Devils are far and away the least talented team they have faced, not showing up for even five minutes is unacceptable. Here's a tip, if Parise is going to run your goalie constantly go for the skate to the face while he is caught in the pile. It is pretty clear that the Rangers will have to take matters into their own hands, just have to be smart about it. The scrum blade is a tride and true remedy and one Shanny could not do a thing about it.
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Mon May 21, 2012 10:00 pm

Yes. And punching a goalie in the chest is just manliest form of hockey there is.

Edit: As is elbowing a guy in the back of the head. That is just some good ole, respectin' the code hockey right there.
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby Dick Rosenthal on Tue May 22, 2012 9:45 am

Hey dipshit, if a guy leaves his feet to deliver a shot to my teammates head--which you can't deny occured--I'm damn sure going to hurt someone on the other team. And if a guy keeps running my goalie, I'm damn sure going to do something to the other team's goalie if the game is out of hand. I'm curious, what would you do?
Dick Rosenthal
Higgins Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 am

Dick Rosenthal {l Wrote}:Hey dipshit, if a guy leaves his feet to deliver a shot to my teammates head--which you can't deny occured--I'm damn sure going to hurt someone on the other team. And if a guy keeps running my goalie, I'm damn sure going to do something to the other team's goalie if the game is out of hand. I'm curious, what would you do?

Yeah. You run the fucking goalie or take out the guy that is running the goalie (see: Mike Smith vs. Dustin Brown). To call what Mike Rupp did "something" is an insult to anyone that has ever thrown a punch. Funny that you claim Torts is the keeper of all that is man hockey yet it's the same guy who gets his panties in a bunch when the Devils start their fourth line in a game. For some reason that never really happened when the Bruins did that for, oh I don't know, like 75% of their games.

Which headshot are you talking about? I see Zubrus and Parise mentioned on Stralman and DZ, respectively, but I didn't see any leaving the feet and those looked like basic minors more than what Prust did, though I could see a bit more for Zubrus.

And before you call Marty out for diving, that was as much of a dive as Lundqvist's "dive" was in Game 3 when that Devil went hard to the net. Just unsuspecting contact surprising him like
flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Tue May 22, 2012 10:01 am

You know what's manly? Having a huge DKNY symbol on your ice.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby flyingelvii on Tue May 22, 2012 10:04 am

How about this?

flyingelvii
Higgins Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Tue May 22, 2012 10:19 am

Was Brodeur punched or shot out of a cannon? No embellishment there...
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Kelley Rink