2017-18 Season

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

2017-18 Season

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Not a bad start vs. QU.

Once again, a ridiculously young team, but they're fast, have a great goalie, and seem committed on defense. They need to find goal scorers, and their passing and cohesion on offense are lacking at this point. They also have trouble breaking a press.
BostonCollege1
Carney Hall

Re: 2017-18 Season

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:41 pm

woll is so good. defense looked really poor however.

they were the better team, but i also think they're an NCAA team. to hang in there with them was a good start to the season in my mind as well.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Excellent (and much needed) win at PC this evening! This is a ridiculously inexperienced BC team, but there's speed and talent in the freshman class.

Despite the score, BC looked pretty evenly matched against Wisconsin - except for the stupid penalties. BC needs to find more offense, hopefully today's game against PC helped give them confidence. I don't think Hawkey is that good a goalie, but it's great to see that this young team had such a comeback in them.
BostonCollege1
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:02 pm

another tough one this weekend, saturday's is on fox sports north for those with sports packages
2016 Death Pool Champion
claver2010
Gasson Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:47 pm

claver2010 wrote:another tough one this weekend, saturday's is on fox sports north for those with sports packages

What’s with all the penalties the last few years?

I’m still pissed Comcast dropped Fox College Sports.
BostonCollege1
Carney Hall

Postby James Kilmeady on Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?
Oh they'll make you or break you but they'll never forsake you...
James Kilmeady
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:50 pm

James Kilmeady wrote:Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?

I don’t get the penalties. They’re not a physical team.
eepstein0
Fulton Hall

Postby BostonCollege1 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:38 pm

eepstein0 wrote:
James Kilmeady wrote:Elephant in the room. York is 72 and he's entering into Beamer/Paterno land. They looked horrible this weekend at StCSU. Eleventy million penalties. This is the third year that BC has been heaviliy penalized and this year already looks to be worse than last year. I hate to say it but Mr York might be too old. When they were able to get the puck in the offensive zone this weekend there was no one in front of the net. Doesn't BC have any centremen?

They're not a big team, but they take a lot of cheap penalties. I see a lack of discipline.
This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1
BostonCollege1
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:56 pm

BostonCollege1 wrote:
eepstein0 wrote:

They're not a big team, but they take a lot of cheap penalties. I see a lack of discipline.
This weekend:
Elbowing x1
Charging x1
Roughing x2
Cross-Checking x2
Slashing x1

I’m going to the series up in Burlington (will complete all the HE arenas for me).
eepstein0
Fulton Hall

Return to Kelley Rink