ODOM COMMITS!!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: ODOM COMMITS!!

Postby buconvict on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:local player

But he won't be special here, so who gives a shit.

I've never understood the intrigue with 'local players'. Who gives a crap where a player is from? Last I checked, Smith and Dudley were from Cali, Bell from Minny, Rice from VA, Hinnant from MD, **** ******** Texas, Jackson from CO... it shouldn't be a factor in recruiting.

I dig the second part of the quote though. This should always be the prevailing attitude when someone chooses another school. Anyone still bent out of shape over Zach Luckett? Keaton Nankavil? Demetri McCamey?

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:05 pm

boo hoo
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:15 pm

A few things...
1. No basketball recruit not being recruited by Duke ever considers academics. If they say that they are, they are liars. College basketball recruit is the single most corrupt aspect of ALL sports. You either play the game by finding creative ways to pay-off players, their families and handlers... or you don't land top kids. It is as simple as that. I N-E-V-E-R thought we had a chance with this kid once he started talking about Louisville, West Virginia and Arizona.
2. Everyone would have written off this kid if the imbeciles that post on EI and EA would just stop making shit up... or at least stop posting things from someone else who is just fabricating stories. Odom was a cute little story when OJ was posting things like "Oh great... our best chance at landing a shooting forward is Odom and he only has interest from Harvard." But, as soon as he decided to do the dog-and-pony summer circuit to garner "bigger" interest, it was over. I wrote him off... many other wrote him off. But, there were posters and "columnists" on EA and EI who constantly talked about how Odom was all but a silent verbal. Honetly, no one would've ever really cared/been surprised by this news if those people who allegedly are "in the know" would just stop pretending. Or, at the very least, tell their "sources" that they are full of shit.
3. I never understood the philosophy of being the last visit for a kid. I can't even count the number of times BC has positioned themselves to get the last visit and the kid gets the hard sell on an earlier visit and never makes it to campus.
4. I also never really understand the whole "holding off on offering anyone while your top choice strings you along". BC has been burned by this silliness in the past. You freaking pick like 4 of 5 guys per position... target them... work like hell to get them to commit... first one who does gets the schollie.
5. Zona is a crap program without Lute Olsen. Always has been and always will be.
6. The story has been that Odom's parents sacrificed financially to send their kid to a private boarding school so he can get a better education. If they did, it was an utter waste of money. The kid could have gone to a slum school like Boys and Girls and been more than qualified for the "academic challenges" of University of Arizona. It is simply one of the worst academic schools in the country. Also, it is one of the cheapest. Shit... they could've sent the kid to some gang-ridden local school... saved the money... and if he never EVER played basketball, they STILL could have sent him to Arizona because (a) he would have qualified academically and (b) they would've been able to afford it as it is cheaper than his boarding school.
7. At the end of the day... stupid people do stupid things.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:17 am

buconvict {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Enjoy these next two or three seasons because after that this program is in deep shit.

:puke :puke :puke :titanic :titanic :titanic

Funny, I've heard this about 10 different times over the last ten years. Bell leaving = doom oh noes now Craig we suck now Duds we're so effed now Rice is gone we're done for now some scrawny kid who can't shoot doesn't want to play here so we're fucked wasdkgflsdkahanlf.

:thehjs :campion :band :shake :dildodog

Cocksucker - go back and read everything I have posted and then start with your same old "I think I know more than everyone else" bullshit because that's what it is, bullshit. There is no arguing that this will hurt because from what I know Skinner went all-in with Odom and couldn't get him. Now he has to rvert to plan B or C. Now if Noreen decides to not hold up to his verbal, that leaves one recruit in two classes assuming the staff doesn't land anyone else. I'll grant you that's a big assumption but I am not aware of anyone else they are close to getting a commitment. That Michael Bradley guy has declined his visit and I don't think they've even offered Kofane. So please don't stick your fat head in the sand and keep saying that everything will be okay. Until the two guys sign and Skinner gets at least one more legitimate recruit for this class, the pressure will be on them.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i told you i saw corn in his feces days ago. why are you guys still upset?

i like bc basketball even though i realize bill curley is the only 5 star recruit we've landed in the last 20 years

I am upset because Al has spent a considerabel time recruiting this kid and they didn't get him coupled with the fact that one of the other commits is on the fence. They need a decent class this year because 2009 was a goose egg. I was fine with the goose egg so long as they delivered this year. I will wait and see until these commits become official before I walk out on the ledge.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:12 am

Caddy is like OJ lite now. Caddy, there will be 3-4 players in this class. Remains to be seen what we think of them, but I like the first two so far. Heslip alone is going to make next year's team effing sick.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:17 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Caddy is like OJ lite now. Caddy, there will be 3-4 players in this class. Remains to be seen what we think of them, but I like the first two so far. Heslip alone is going to make next year's team effing sick.

Take that OJ comment back, that's not funny. I made one negative comment about Skinner and now I am being likened to the King of Dicks? I have always been an Al defender. I am pointing out that he is dangerously close to screwing things up. If there are 3-4 players fine, I trust him that they're the right players. That's all I'm sayin'.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 am

I would like to see a class of:

Kevin Noreen
Brady Heslip
Brice Kofane
Jordin Mayes

2 Guards, 2 Forwards= More talent, more depth for 2011+
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Prof. Andrew Buni on Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:54 am

Biggest surprise here was that Vandy was a close 2nd...not us.
Prof. Andrew Buni
n00b

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:49 pm

Prof. Andrew Buni {l Wrote}:Biggest surprise here was that Vandy was a close 2nd...not us.

That is what the kid is saying. But, this is the same kid who said that academics were priority number one for him and his family and then chose Arizona over BC, Vandy and Harvard. The kid flat-out lies. The reality is that his top three were Louisville, West Virgina and Zona. Anyone who believes differently is a fool.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:04 pm

HJS {l Wrote}:
Prof. Andrew Buni {l Wrote}:Biggest surprise here was that Vandy was a close 2nd...not us.

That is what the kid is saying. But, this is the same kid who said that academics were priority number one for him and his family and then chose Arizona over BC, Vandy and Harvard. The kid flat-out lies. The reality is that his top three were Louisville, West Virgina and Zona. Anyone who believes differently is a fool.

so you think he put vandy and BC in his top 3 to improve his credibility on the academic issue?
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby HJS on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:22 pm

I think the kid lies. I don't the motivation for his lying. But, I don't believe that any of the expressed priorities, concerns or benefits were ever really contemplated. His actions have always been consistant. His words not.
Last edited by HJS on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby EagleNYC on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:25 pm

I agree with "spilled milk" faction. Wait until the class is in the books before we freak out. That being said, if the class were somehow just 1 solid guy and 1 total sleeper, a fair amount of criticism could be leveled at Al, in light of last year's goose egg.
EagleNYC
Cushing Hall

Postby BCLou on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:39 pm

I don't understand the concern about who finished second. In recruiting one team wins and everyone else is tied for last. Speculating on how close (or not) BC came to getting a kid is Yukon talk.
BCLou
Carney Hall

Postby buconvict on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:35 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
buconvict {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:Enjoy these next two or three seasons because after that this program is in deep shit.

:puke :puke :puke :titanic :titanic :titanic

Funny, I've heard this about 10 different times over the last ten years. Bell leaving = doom oh noes now Craig we suck now Duds we're so effed now Rice is gone we're done for now some scrawny kid who can't shoot doesn't want to play here so we're fucked wasdkgflsdkahanlf.

:thehjs :campion :band :shake :dildodog

Cocksucker - go back and read everything I have posted and then start with your same old "I think I know more than everyone else" bullshit because that's what it is, bullshit. There is no arguing that this will hurt because from what I know Skinner went all-in with Odom and couldn't get him. Now he has to rvert to plan B or C. Now if Noreen decides to not hold up to his verbal, that leaves one recruit in two classes assuming the staff doesn't land anyone else. I'll grant you that's a big assumption but I am not aware of anyone else they are close to getting a commitment. That Michael Bradley guy has declined his visit and I don't think they've even offered Kofane. So please don't stick your fat head in the sand and keep saying that everything will be okay. Until the two guys sign and Skinner gets at least one more legitimate recruit for this class, the pressure will be on them.

You're the one firmly stating tham the program is "in deep shit" as a direct result of Odom not picking BC, but I'm the bad guy?

I'm amused at your assertions that I always claim to know more than everyone else, yet you follow that comment with "I know Skinner went all out for him and I'm assuming (based on my above comment about being in deep shit) that he won't recruit anyone else and Noreen will decommit."

So yeah, you're panicking over nothing which makes you a mini OJ.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:56 pm

Not quite, please read carefully, they are in deep shit if Noreen bails and plan B (which I think is Kofane) doesn't pan out. One recruit in two years constituties trouble that is undeniable. I will wait and see what happens through the rest of the recruiting season. Unlike that fucktard OJ, I love BC so go suck it.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if you guys aren't going to do anything but talk dirty to each other, take it to PM, mary ann's, or the boat house

agreed

and since this shits over, lets head towards greener pastures. mike bradely for example and other players that could make our team better in 2011
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:08 pm

wrlent2012 {l Wrote}:
TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:if you guys aren't going to do anything but talk dirty to each other, take it to PM, mary ann's, or the boat house

agreed

and since this shits over, lets head towards greener pastures. mike bradely for example and other players that could make our team better in 2011

Sorry to ruin you plan but we're out on Mike Bradley
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:54 pm

i saw that just now. scratch the mike bradley idea
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:47 pm

TobaccoRoadEagle {l Wrote}:i like bc basketball even though i realize bill curley is the only 5 star recruit we've landed in the last 20 years

they had stars back then?
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:12 pm

I have finally calmed down. Apologies to anyone I offended except if you are the King of Dicks who might be lurking.

This team will be pretty damn good for the next two to three years and there's plenty of time to sign up some solid players for next year.
:shock
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby eaglechevy on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:25 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I have finally calmed down. Apologies to anyone I offended except if you are the King of Dicks who might be lurking.

This team will be pretty damn good for the next two to three years and there's plenty of time to sign up some solid players for next year.
:shock

I don't consider myself an expert (anymore) but the program is in pretty good shape for the next couple of years, especially with the :quadlaser of juniors on this squad and the way we've overcome perceived and/or actual shitty recruiting of late. :koolaid

The man, the myth, now get me another Corona!
eaglechevy
Emeritus

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:57 pm

I predict we have a Sweet Sixteen this year, and a Final Four next year. After that, who the hell knows.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:20 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I predict we have a Sweet Sixteen this year, and a Final Four next year. After that, who the hell knows.

I do GLOOM, DOOM, and MORE GLOOM.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:55 am

Looks like Rod Odom has de-committed from Arizona and is now going to Vanderbilt. What a little douche.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:10 pm

he said its because of academics but also wants to be closer to home...why not BC then?
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby commavegarage on Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:37 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Looks like Rod Odom has de-committed from Arizona and is now going to Vanderbilt. What a little douche.

Haha, this guy is a clown.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum