Heckmann committed

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Heckmann committed

Postby eagle9903 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:17 am

per tos
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Re: Heckmann committed

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 12, 2011 11:26 am

He'll probably start next year at SF.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby HJS on Thu May 12, 2011 12:19 pm

Hope its true. I don't know how good he'll be, but D wanted him and we beat out Michigan for him. At the end of the day, with all the transfers that happen in BB, I have no problem maxing-out schollies. You can NEVER count on what next year may bring.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Thu May 12, 2011 1:19 pm

BC’s roster for 2011-2012 as it stands

(SR) Peter Rehnquist
(JR) Matt Humphrey
(SO) Gabe Moton
(SO) Danny Rubin
(FR) Ryan Anderson
(FR) Lonnie Jackson
(FR) Eddie Odio
(FR) Dennis Clifford
(FR) Kyle Caudill
(FR) Jordan Daniels
(FR) Ryan Kilcullen
(FR) Patrick Heckmann

Someone isnt getting the ball, expect 2 of those guys to drop out when they learn they have no role in 2 years.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu May 12, 2011 2:16 pm

So that's 9 on scholarship, with 7 schollies in the freshman class?
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu May 12, 2011 6:57 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:BC’s roster for 2011-2012 as it stands

(SR) Peter Rehnquist
(JR) Matt Humphrey
(SO) Gabe Moton
(SO) Danny Rubin
(FR) Ryan Anderson
(FR) Lonnie Jackson
(FR) Eddie Odio
(FR) Dennis Clifford
(FR) Kyle Caudill
(FR) Jordan Daniels
(FR) Ryan Kilcullen
(FR) Patrick Heckmann

Someone isnt getting the ball, expect 2 of those guys to drop out when they learn they have no role in 2 years.

Why would they drop out? As sophomores, they'd basically be the 7 man rotation...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Thu May 12, 2011 7:36 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:BC’s roster for 2011-2012 as it stands

(SR) Peter Rehnquist
(JR) Matt Humphrey
(SO) Gabe Moton
(SO) Danny Rubin
(FR) Ryan Anderson
(FR) Lonnie Jackson
(FR) Eddie Odio
(FR) Dennis Clifford
(FR) Kyle Caudill
(FR) Jordan Daniels
(FR) Ryan Kilcullen
(FR) Patrick Heckmann

Why would they drop out? As sophomores, they'd basically be the 7 man rotation...

For 2011-12, with no established go-to player, I would expect Donahue to spread PT around even more freely than in 2010-11; in 2012-13, partly depending on recruiting, there might be a more fixed rotation and one or more transfers after the season.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu May 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Didn't expect them to get this guy, but I don't mind it. It really fills out our young team next year in all positions.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bcfanbetweenthhedges on Thu May 12, 2011 10:01 pm

bcfanbetweenthhedges
Carney Hall

Postby thebigskinny31 on Thu May 12, 2011 10:30 pm

I messaged Heckmann on facebook. When i asked if he did commit to BC he said "2011 class. Yes that's right!!!" also said "I hope to surprise alot of people. Can't wait to help BC reach new heights!!! =)" Seems like a great kid, also in article above made him seem like start on 18U national team. This team will shock alot of people next year. I don't think we'll be nearly as bad as most people think.
thebigskinny31
Carney Hall

Postby Shaddix on Thu May 12, 2011 10:43 pm

thebigskinny31 {l Wrote}:I messaged Heckmann on facebook. When i asked if he did commit to BC he said "2011 class. Yes that's right!!!" also said "I hope to surprise alot of people. Can't wait to help BC reach new heights!!! =)" Seems like a great kid, also in article above made him seem like start on 18U national team. This team will shock alot of people next year. I don't think we'll be nearly as bad as most people think.

Agreed...just wish we had a legit point guard. I wouldn't mind seeing Lonnie carry the ball up, assuming he has that ability.

Jackson
Humphrey
Heckmann
Anderson
Caudhill

with
Daniels
Moton
Rubin
Odio
Clifford
and the non scholarship players on the bench.

BC will be starting 4 freshman anyway they slice the cake next year..which is exciting.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby Thornton Melon on Fri May 13, 2011 7:43 am

The Don I am sure is aware that all these schollies are going to make future classes more challenging to deal with. So if he's willing to compromise that to get this kid...I'm all for it.

I look at it another way - so far, Steve Donahue's only "flaw" if you can call it that is a couple of disaster areas against the Ivys and a no-show against Clemson in the ACC tourney. Past that, he turned John Cahill into a semi-useful player and was a game from the tourney with more or less 2 or 3 starting caliber ACC players and a bunch of 7th and 8th men.

Right now it has to be in the Don We Trust.
Thornton Melon
Carney Hall

Postby claver2010 on Fri May 13, 2011 7:53 am

thebigskinny31 {l Wrote}:I messaged Heckmann on facebook. When i asked if he did commit to BC he said "2011 class. Yes that's right!!!" also said "I hope to surprise alot of people. Can't wait to help BC reach new heights!!! =)" Seems like a great kid, also in article above made him seem like start on 18U national team. This team will shock alot of people next year. I don't think we'll be nearly as bad as most people think.

h00ps weirdo.

The link above is blocked at work, I'm sure they're afraid it's some terrorist website or something.

I'm looking forward to next season, this program needed/needs new blood. Hopefully this mega class accomplishes more than the last mega class.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:

Agreed...just wish we had a legit point guard. I wouldn't mind seeing Lonnie carry the ball up, assuming he has that ability.

Jackson
Humphrey
Heckmann
Anderson
Caudhill

with
Daniels
Moton
Rubin
Odio
Clifford
and the non scholarship players on the bench.

BC will be starting 4 freshman anyway they slice the cake next year..which is exciting.

I'd have to say that Daniels is as legit a true PG as you can get... passer... dribbler... steals... penetrator... outside shot. The issue with Daniels is whether he is good enough to over come his height. But he is definitely a true PG.

Let's all remember that D did this at Cornell. Loaded up one year with a massive recruiting class and rode it to the NCAAs and ultimately the Sweet16.

Next year, I think Humphries will be the leading scorer followed by Anderson (who will contend for ROY, but ultimately just make the 1st Team), Jackson and Heckmann. So... I am predicting major things from those 3. Have no clue as to what Daniels, Moton, Rubin, Odio, Caudill and Clifford will give us.
"The Michelangelo of stupidity is again on top of his scaffolding, lying on his back and painting a masterpiece of imbecility on the ceiling of a virtual Sistine Chapel." © 2023 A AngryDick Joint
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:17 am

I agree with HJS' assessment, but would like to add Daniels to the mix. I think he will be the starting PG, and although he will have freshman errors, play very well. The only reason this kid isn't at a hoop factory is because he is short. He's got all the skills.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby HJS on Fri May 13, 2011 9:23 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I agree with HJS' assessment, but would like to add Daniels to the mix. I think he will be the starting PG, and although he will have freshman errors, play very well. The only reason this kid isn't at a hoop factory is because he is short. He's got all the skills.

While I would generally agree. Moton and Rubin started this year. It's hard to really predict who will start under D. He could very easily pick a glue-guy who knows the O, over the more talented Daniels.
HJS
Gasson Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri May 13, 2011 9:50 am

The reason I didn't have daniels starting is because teams almost never start an undersized freshman unless he is a highly touted recruit. I think he should learn from mostly watching in the first season.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:53 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:The reason I didn't have daniels starting is because teams almost never start an undersized freshman unless he is a highly touted recruit. I think he should learn from mostly watching in the first season.

What about Rubin? It doesn't seem that Don is a conformist when it comes to formulating lineups.
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:54 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:The reason I didn't have daniels starting is because teams almost never start an undersized freshman unless he is a highly touted recruit. I think he should learn from mostly watching in the first season.

He doesn't have that luxury. We're going to take our lumps next season and the quicker people realize that the better. I'd rather endure a long season and see these freshman play major minutes than try and piece things together with Moton & Rubin and win an extra two games against crappy teams. After next year's recruiting class, there's no reason that Gabe or Danny should see the floor at all unless they made some major improvement over last season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri May 13, 2011 9:57 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

He doesn't have that luxury. We're going to take our lumps next season and the quicker people realize that the better. I'd rather endure a long season and see these freshman play major minutes than try and piece things together with Moton & Rubin and win an extra two games against crappy teams. After next year's recruiting class, there's no reason that Gabe or Danny should see the floor at all unless they made some major improvement over last season.

I agree with this to an extent, but I think you have to start your best five (or, the five that play the best together). If Gabe as a soph is better than Jordan as a fresh, you give Gabe the majority of the minutes.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri May 13, 2011 10:44 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I agree with this to an extent, but I think you have to start your best five (or, the five that play the best together). If Gabe as a soph is better than Jordan as a fresh, you give Gabe the majority of the minutes.

I completely agree although Gabe Moton had trouble dribbling last year so I wouldn't hold your breath.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri May 13, 2011 10:45 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I completely agree although Gabe Moton had trouble dribbling last year so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Don't worry, it was a hypothetical. Although I will Gabe did show some flashes, and I could see him turning into a very good on-ball defender down the line. I haven't written him off as less than a potentially effective role player at this point. In just hope he never shoots again.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 am

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I see your point, but the way I'm looking at it is that Lonnie Jackson will start at SG at some point in his career, likely after Humphries leaves. If he can play serious minutes next year by starting and have Daniels develop by watching in his first year, then I'd say do it. It's unlikely a college coach will ever sacrifice a year to just player growth, so the chances of him not putting the best 5 on the floor is unlikely.

Plus, we will need the extra wins for recruiting purposes. If the difference is going .500 or 5 games below .500, then I would say it is very significant.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri May 13, 2011 11:17 am

Shaddix {l Wrote}:
eepstein0 {l Wrote}:

I see your point, but the way I'm looking at it is that Lonnie Jackson will start at SG at some point in his career, likely after Humphries leaves. If he can play serious minutes next year by starting and have Daniels develop by watching in his first year, then I'd say do it. It's unlikely a college coach will ever sacrifice a year to just player growth, so the chances of him not putting the best 5 on the floor is unlikely.

Plus, we will need the extra wins for recruiting purposes. If the difference is going .500 or 5 games below .500, then I would say it is very significant.

That's exactly what I was thinking too. The way we put together our lineups simply has to be a meritocracy.

How's that for an IBsolute?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby apbc12 on Fri May 13, 2011 2:28 pm

Does anyone know if Humphries and Swiggert are friends?
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Fri May 13, 2011 3:18 pm

apbc12 {l Wrote}:Does anyone know if Humphries and Swiggert are friends?

I dunno, I'm just excited to see what Coach Donohue has in store this year.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Fri May 13, 2011 3:22 pm

cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I'm not sure if their gonna be as bad as predicted, we shall sea.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri May 13, 2011 3:32 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
cvilleagle {l Wrote}:

I'm not sure if their gonna be as bad as predicted, we shall sea.

I like our options for the class of 2012 as well. If we can pull a .500 record this year, then lookout for 2012.
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm

Love this commit. You never know what'll happen (Elmore).
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Shaddix on Fri May 13, 2011 4:35 pm

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:Love this commit. You never know what'll happen (Elmore).

Don't really understand what you mean by that? Elmore was nothing more than a glorified walk-on who was used to get reggie jackson to come to BC
Shaddix
Campion Hall

Next

Return to Conte Forum