Is Odom going to commit to BC?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Is Odom going to commit to BC?

Postby MoMoneyBC on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Yes or No.

I say Yes.
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Re: Is Odom going to commit to BC?

Postby buconvict on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:56 pm

I like BC basketball.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

I vote no. Only our esteemed football coaches can pull talent from the mighty ISL.

And I like BC basketball, as well.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby commavegarage on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Could you post the results in some sort of graph, perhaps a pie chart?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I like BC basketball. I like Jared Dudley.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby MoMoneyBC on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:02 pm

Tools. :pontif
MoMoneyBC
Carney Hall

Postby BC923 on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:35 pm

ooooh oooh post on a pie chart. I hear pie charts will get a recruit to commit right away.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby b0mberMan on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:36 pm

hoops weirdos
NorthEndEagle {l Wrote}:cat hair pee fire
b0mberMan
Lyons Hall

Postby buconvict on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:19 pm

FWIW, the ISL is a pretty elite basketball conference. A whole bunch of high D1 players over the past 7-8 years.

Odom is good, more importantly he is (from what I've heard) a very good teammate, defensive player, and student.

-xoxo, Gossip Girl
buconvict
McGuinn Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:03 am

DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby bignick33 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:29 am

I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby wrlent2012 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Odoms facebook staus.. I dont know what ima do but ima do it!!!!

this means he is completely undecided
wrlent2012
n00b

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:45 pm

so whens he supposed to decide? i assume its not going to be today now
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:45 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:Image

He reminds me of MOs Def.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby DuchesneEast on Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:33 pm

Odom decision nears
The father of Long Island, N.Y., forward Rod Odom said he did not "believe anything has changed" regarding his son's recruitment after their visit to Boston College last weekend.
That could be good news for the Wildcats. Odom is expected to make a decision shortly from among UA, Boston College, West Virginia and Vanderbilt, having already eliminated Harvard last week because of financial considerations.
Odom met with UA assistant coaches last week in Massachusetts, where he attends the Middlesex School, and Rod Odom Sr. said his son maintains a strong relationship with all of Miller's staff members.
"Everything went well with them, and I don't think anything at Boston College changed that," the elder Odom said. "I think a decision is pretty close."
Odom said his son is now just going through a final process of contacting coaches and will likely decide this week.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:11 pm

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:Odom decision nears
The father of Long Island, N.Y., forward Rod Odom said he did not "believe anything has changed" regarding his son's recruitment after their visit to Boston College last weekend.
That could be good news for the Wildcats. Odom is expected to make a decision shortly from among UA, Boston College, West Virginia and Vanderbilt, having already eliminated Harvard last week because of financial considerations.
Odom met with UA assistant coaches last week in Massachusetts, where he attends the Middlesex School, and Rod Odom Sr. said his son maintains a strong relationship with all of Miller's staff members.
"Everything went well with them, and I don't think anything at Boston College changed that," the elder Odom said. "I think a decision is pretty close."
Odom said his son is now just going through a final process of contacting coaches and will likely decide this week.

This would really suck balls and my opinion of Skinner would drop one notch if they don't get this kid.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bceagles24 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:12 pm

Father and son having been on the same page this whole time. Woudn't jump to conclusions from what the dad is saying at all. After LOU offered he said they led,and then the next day Rod came out and said that it wasn't true.
bceagles24
Campion Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:53 pm

Dad clearly wants him to go to UA because he sees his kid as a vehicle to dollar signs. The fact that he didn't commit on his trip out there leads me to believe that Rod is actually thinking with his brain, making this a tougher choice.

None of which is on Skinner. By all accounts, he did everything possible to close this kid, recruiting him harder than any kid before.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby TyCobbBC on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

How does OJ feel about the situation?
TyCobbBC
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:45 pm

Yeah, this is not Skinner's fault. I suppose because he's... You know... That maybe OJ might think so, but trust me, I'm not putting this on Al either.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby WilpertsRevenge on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:50 am

I thought Odoms dad and skinner were friends?
WilpertsRevenge
Carney Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:16 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dad clearly wants him to go to UA because he sees his kid as a vehicle to dollar signs. The fact that he didn't commit on his trip out there leads me to believe that Rod is actually thinking with his brain, making this a tougher choice.

None of which is on Skinner. By all accounts, he did everything possible to close this kid, recruiting him harder than any kid before.

What does it say about Skinner when he recruits a kid harder than anyone before and can't land him? I am one of the biggest Skinner defenders but at some point he's got to land a kid like Odom. If he misses out on Odom and Noreen does bail, they are absolutely screwed. I hope the kid picks BC otherwise Skinner is really going to have to find some real sleepers because he'll have two (assuming Noreen stays) fucking commits over two classes.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:Dad clearly wants him to go to UA because he sees his kid as a vehicle to dollar signs. The fact that he didn't commit on his trip out there leads me to believe that Rod is actually thinking with his brain, making this a tougher choice.

What does it say about Skinner when he recruits a kid harder than anyone before and can't land him? I am one of the biggest Skinner defenders but at some point he's got to land a kid like Odom. If he misses out on Odom and Noreen does bail, they are absolutely screwed. I hope the kid picks BC otherwise Skinner is really going to have to find some real sleepers because he'll have two (assuming Noreen stays) fucking commits over two classes.

Why perpetuate the myth that Al can't land top talent? Sanders and Southern both were as highly rated/recruited as Odom.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:49 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

Why perpetuate the myth that Al can't land top talent? Sanders and Southern both were as highly rated/recruited as Odom.

I suppose you are correct but I worry that there's going to be a two-year hole in the program, which it can't afford.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:31 pm

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:

I suppose you are correct but I worry that there's going to be a two-year hole in the program, which it can't afford.

This is not false. By not really going after anyone last year, the staff created a situation in which this year's class is vital to long-term success.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby bcbcbcbcbc4444 on Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:28 pm

Are we sure yet that were out of the picture? I was looking at the Az boards and they seem pretty sure
bcbcbcbcbc4444
Carney Hall

Return to Conte Forum