Calhoun or Dean Smith - Who is better?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Calhoun or Dean Smith - Who is better?

Postby sdhusky on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:33 am

I think Calhoun with 3 NC's beats Smith.
sdhusky
n00b

Re: Calhoun or Dean Smith - Who is better?

Postby branchinator on Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

I think you meant to post this on TarheelOutsider. This is a BC message board, silly.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby eagle9903 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Calhoun is better than Al, who should be fired.
domingoortiz
eepstein0
corporal funishment
innocentbystander
davidgordonswang
maybe hansen
eagle9903
Fulton Hall

Postby Endless Mike on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:08 pm

Mr. High and Mighty, picking on a guy with Alzheimer's. Classy.
Endless Mike
Lyons Hall

Postby branchinator on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Mr. High and Mighty, picking on a guy with Alzheimer's. Classy.

No kidding. Dean Smith has forgotten more about basketball than Calhoun will ever know.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:19 pm

I'm happy for all seven of the UConn fans that were in attendance to this Final Four.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... aab-wp1856
I drink whiskey instead of water.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby sdhusky on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:36 pm

bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm happy for all seven of the UConn fans that were in attendance to this Final Four.

As BCU fans, I don't think you understand how expensive and time consuming it is to be a UCONN fan. BCS BOWL Games. Women's FF. Maui BB tourney championships. 5 days in NYC to see a BET championship. Men's Sweet 16, Elit 8 and FF.

I'm tired just typing all of this...

Oh, and congrats on the NIT.
sdhusky
n00b

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:45 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:
bignick33 {l Wrote}:I'm happy for all seven of the UConn fans that were in attendance to this Final Four.

As BCU fans, I don't think you understand how expensive and time consuming it is to be a UCONN fan. BCS BOWL Games. Women's FF. Maui BB tourney championships. 5 days in NYC to see a BET championship. Men's Sweet 16, Elit 8 and FF.

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:52 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:

Butler fans seemed to have no trouble traveling en masse. I suppose they're simply more affluent than the typical yukon fan.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby shockdoct on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:01 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:

I seem to recall there being like 10 yukon fans in glendale too...
shockdoct
Cushing Hall

Postby bignick33 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:04 pm

shockdoct {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:

I seem to recall there being like 10 yukon fans in glendale too...

I'll grant sdhusky that there was a bunch of pupps at the Big East Final. Even they can afford the Metro North and the $35 that it cost for tix outside right before game-time.
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby joemack13 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Gross... I'd rather never win anything again that be associated with the university of connecticut. Keep it in the zoo
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby RedBaron67 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:38 pm

joemack13 {l Wrote}:Gross... I'd rather never win anything again that be associated with the university of connecticut. Keep it in the zoo

In fairness, one should note that UConn may be growing more civilized. This year there were only 12 students arrested in Storrs during the post-game hysteria, compared with 35 the last time they won. Of course, the UConn administration's anticipatory plea for non-sociopathic behavior issued on Monday morning may have helped.
RedBaron67
Campion Hall

Postby commavegarage on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Only at UConn would they retire a players jersey less than 24 hours after winning a championship while that same kid still has another year of eligibility (yes I know he can graduate and all)...but seriously? Retiring Kemba Walker's number?
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby BCMurt09 on Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:34 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
sdhusky {l Wrote}:

:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Only yukon fans would get that excited about nags hoops.
"...and Lane Stadium goes silent..."

"On a red bandanna night, it's going to be a red letter day"

"Drive by Girardi and a save. Rebound...SCORE!"

"Stroud in trouble and Stroud is sacked again! Oh-jah-BO!"
BCMurt09
Merkert Hall

Postby ryrob on Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:20 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:

That's weird, how expensive was it for the average UConn fan to attend 0 of those events? How does a state school with a huge alumni base and nothing else to do travel so poorly? Oh, that's right, you're peasants.
ryrob
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:16 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Endless Mike {l Wrote}:Mr. High and Mighty, picking on a guy with Alzheimer's. Classy.

No kidding. Dean Smith has forgotten more about basketball than Calhoun will ever know.

I think he started forgetting it about 15 years before his coaching career ended. Calhoun is a much better coach than Smith ever was.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bignick33 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:18 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

I think he started forgetting it about 15 years before his coaching career ended. Calhoun is a much better coach than Smith ever was.

I get jokes. Do you get jokes?
bignick33
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:24 am

bignick33 {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:

I get jokes. Do you get jokes?

I do. I also perpetuate them.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bluefishskip on Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:49 am

How many times was UNC found to be guilty of violations under Dean Smith?
That goes a long way into who is better.......
bluefishskip
Carney Hall

Postby angryty on Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:43 pm

My hatred for Clownhoun knows no bounds and I will laugh like a hyena the day he dies of cancer, but he is a far superior coach than Dean Smith. Nobody did less with more than that senile, whining fuck. And remember how he behaved after he got outcoached by the perpetually mediocre Joby--Joby's finest moment was pointing out the collection of goons who played for Smith. Fuck Senile Dean right in the ear. He, like Calhoun, can't die fast enough.
angryty
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:39 pm

angryty {l Wrote}:My hatred for Clownhoun knows no bounds and I will laugh like a hyena the day he dies of cancer, but he is a far superior coach than Dean Smith. Nobody did less with more than that senile, whining fuck. And remember how he behaved after he got outcoached by the perpetually mediocre Joby--Joby's finest moment was pointing out the collection of goons who played for Smith. Fuck Senile Dean right in the ear. He, like Calhoun, can't die fast enough.

Bingo
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby EagleDave on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:12 pm

sdhusky {l Wrote}:

It clearly wasn't that expensive considering the average attendance for all of the above mentioned UConn events was roughly 9.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:20 pm

HARTFORD, Conn.—Connecticut guard Jamal Coombs-McDaniel has been arrested on a marijuana possession charge.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby DavidGordonsFoot on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:26 pm

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:HARTFORD, Conn.—Connecticut guard Jamal Coombs-McDaniel has been arrested on a marijuana possession charge.

At least it was a victimless crime this time around.
hello
DavidGordonsFoot
Gasson Hall

Return to Conte Forum