Better Off W/O Jackson and Elmore?

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: Better Off W/O Jackson and Elmore?

Postby twballgame9 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:14 am

He's especially not going to be on the hot seat after exceeding or meeting everyone's expectations in Year 1.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby eepstein0 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 am

The more I look around, the more I'm thinking Reggie may come back. He doesn't want to declare only to be a 2nd Round pick. He's right on the boarder of the 1st and 2nd Round from what I can tell (I haven't seen him as a boarder-line lottery pick anywhere recently). We'll actually be pretty decent next year with him (somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 wins).
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 pm

Chad Ford has been pimping Reggie saying that he's garnering a lot of interest. He gone.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BC923 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:33 pm

branchinator {l Wrote}:Chad Ford has been pimping Reggie saying that he's garnering a lot of interest. He gone.

saying maybe lottery. Reggie is gone.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby angrychicken on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 pm

BC923 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:Chad Ford has been pimping Reggie saying that he's garnering a lot of interest. He gone.

Lottery? That's funny.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Maybe with Duke's Kyrie Irving going pro Jackson might be wise to stay one more year and raise his resume too an top ten draft pick.
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby branchinator on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:12 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:
BC923 {l Wrote}:

Lottery? That's funny.

Not likely but you never know. Jackson has the size and athleticism that NBA GM's covet.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby Bender on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Ford has him ranked 26th in his rankings currently but already 5 players above him have said they are returning to school, and some others are still undecided. One of the knocks on him is that he's viewed as a tweener, but he has freakishly long arms that might help him be an option as an NBA two. I think any team would be crazy not to take him if he's there at the end of the first round because he could be a potential third guard on a good team.
Bender
Carney Hall

Postby Brablc on Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:40 am

Here is Ford's latest on Reggie: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft201 ... InOut-2011

Reggie Jackson, PG, Jr, Boston College*
Jackson is one of the true sleepers in this year's draft. He's coming off a terrific season at Boston College where he averaged 18 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.3 rpg and shot an impressive 42 percent from 3. He's long, athletic, has great quickness, can run a team and can shoot the basketball. Those types of players are typically lottery picks at the end of the day. Scouts have been a little bit slower on the uptake with Jackson, but every NBA team I spoke with has him as a solid first-round pick. A few have him in the lottery. He's also the type that could really rise with terrific workouts. I expect he'll stay in the draft.
Brablc
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 am

Ok hoops boys give me the starting FAB FIVE FRESHMAN and include any new transfers that can start in October!

Maybe Reggie will thrive in the NBA and needs a change and he may explode and may not fit in college anymore?

He could be all Ford says and more, but he was what he was at BC and all the issues his last Junior year, but it sure looks like he is gone goodbye now.

36-0.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:31 am

Brablc {l Wrote}:Here is Ford's latest on Reggie: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft201 ... InOut-2011

Reggie Jackson, PG, Jr, Boston College*
Jackson is one of the true sleepers in this year's draft. He's coming off a terrific season at Boston College where he averaged 18 ppg, 4.5 apg, 4.3 rpg and shot an impressive 42 percent from 3. He's long, athletic, has great quickness, can run a team and can shoot the basketball. Those types of players are typically lottery picks at the end of the day. Scouts have been a little bit slower on the uptake with Jackson, but every NBA team I spoke with has him as a solid first-round pick. A few have him in the lottery. He's also the type that could really rise with terrific workouts. I expect he'll stay in the draft.

Get ready for an incredibly fun 10-20 season.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby joemack13 on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:39 pm

I'm willing to bet we're not limited to 10 wins... expecting more like 14 or 15
joemack13
Campion Hall

Postby Cadillac90 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:11 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Ok hoops boys give me the starting FAB FIVE FRESHMAN and include any new transfers that can start in October!

If my memory serves me correctly, the FAB FIVE are C. Webber, J. Rose, J. Howard, J. King and R. Jackson.
Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:52 am

Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Ok hoops boys give me the starting new BC FAB FIVE FRESHMAN and include any new transfers that can start in October!

If my memory serves me correctly, the FAB FIVE are C. Webber, J. Rose, J. Howard, J. King and R. Jackson.

Bingo... I always forget Jackson.

Fixed below.

Ok hoops boys give me the starting new BC FAB FIVE FRESHMAN 2011-2012 and include any new transfers that can start in October!
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby footer20 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:38 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
Cadillac90 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Ok hoops boys give me the starting new BC FAB FIVE FRESHMAN and include any new transfers that can start in October!

Bingo... I always forget Jackson.

Fixed below.

Ok hoops boys give me the starting new BC FAB FIVE FRESHMAN 2011-2012 and include any new transfers that can start in October!

PG: Jordan Daniels, small but without reggie someone needs to run the show
SG: Lonnie Jackson/John cahill, If cahill comes back he starts but if not we need Lonnie to trey bomb
SF: Matt Humphrey, Someone needs to score, right?
PF: Ryan Anderson, no question
C: Kyle Caudill, if he is healthy. I think we need him for interior defense but Clifford might be able to score better
footer20
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCMcG on Thu May 05, 2011 12:26 pm

In the Matt Humphrey interview with ZBC, if you wade through all the crap and audio problems, he says that Cahill (who is his roommate) is returning to BC next year but isn't going to be playing basketball. He's likely to be a grad assistant or something like that. Personally, I hope he suits up for another season.
BCMcG
McGuinn Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Thu May 05, 2011 8:20 pm

BCMcG {l Wrote}:In the Matt Humphrey interview with ZBC, if you wade through all the crap and audio problems, he says that Cahill (who is his roommate) is returning to BC next year but isn't going to be playing basketball. He's likely to be a grad assistant or something like that. Personally, I hope he suits up for another season.

I'm fine with Cahill being a grad assistant. Let's face it, he was only on the floor because we were incredibly desperate.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Previous

Return to Conte Forum