Teh Bestest Conf Eva!!11!

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Teh Bestest Conf Eva!!11!

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 pm

11 teams in tourney, so far only 2 in Sweet 16 and the only way they have gotten those two is through in conf 2nd round games.
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Re: Teh Bestest Conf Eva!!11!

Postby DuchesneEast on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:50 pm

I have been loving it too, Barkley was just ripping on them.
DuchesneEast
Lyons Hall

Postby claver2010 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

The city of Richmond will have the same amount of S16 teams as the NBE
Bush, George H W
Cosby, Bill
Disick, Scott
Flair, Ric
Griffin, Kathy
Khamenei, Ali
McCain, John
Pele
Soros, George
claver2010
BC Guy

Postby Onyx Blackman on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 pm

What's the difference between Mike Brey and Easter?

Easter has a bunny. :chewbanka
Onyx Blackman
Merkert Hall

Postby branchinator on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:54 pm

For a football conference, I thought the Big East did fine this tournament.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:36 pm

claver2010 {l Wrote}:The city of Richmond will have the same amount of S16 teams as the NBE

So that must mean the city of Richmond has 16 teams?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:44 am

Onyx Blackman {l Wrote}:What's the difference between Mike Brey and Easter?

I remember someone on this board referred to Mike Brey as the "white Al Skinner." Seven tournament appearances in 11 years; one Sweet Sixteen.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 am

Shredder {l Wrote}:

I remember someone on this board referred to Mike Brey as the "white Al Skinner." Seven tournament appearances in 11 years; one Sweet Sixteen.

As I siad in my ND Final Four thread... :laugh

My only consolation is that I have posted many many times, if you have a seed, lose in Round 1 and save those legs.

The Big East Tournament, ACC, Etc. needs to start on Monday and make it a Final Four.

The mid majors tourneys end the week before and rest and are fresh like horses in the Derby?

How many run the Derby Trial or Bluegrass when it was the week before or 2 --- and come back and wire the Derby field fresh.

You watch tomorrow (today)...huge discussions on how the tourney hurt the Big East and other teams. If the ACC was smart, they would start the tourney on Monday and end on Thursday and have a weeks rest.

I bet we see changes and a better prediction that this one, or teams start the tankeroo.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby EagleDave on Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:52 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I have been loving it too, Barkley was just ripping on them.

The best part about this was that Pitino was sitting right next to him...he looked incredibly uncomfortable.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:25 am

Shredder {l Wrote}:

I have called him that on this board. If I recall correctly it was when someone was criticizing Skinner and wishing we had Mike Brey instead. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby Shredder on Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:50 am

apbc12 {l Wrote}:
Shredder {l Wrote}:

I have called him that on this board. If I recall correctly it was when someone was criticizing Skinner and wishing we had Mike Brey instead. Didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Yeah, it was in response to someone posting an article about Mike Brey being upset about his team's lack of hustle in practice and having another practice right after it to get it right. Although he built ND into a solid program, early tournament exits and NIT bids are just as consistent.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:30 am

DuchesneEast {l Wrote}:I have been loving it too, Barkley was just ripping on them.

I love it too - stayed up late to enjoy pasting of ND. I'd call Barkley stupid but that would be enormously unfair to stupid people everywhere.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:41 am

I would like to be the first to congratulate Leonard Hamilton on no longer being a suck ass coach now that he has reached the holy benchmark of a Sweet 16 appearance that no one will ever remember.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby ATLeagle on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:53 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I would like to be the first to congratulate Leonard Hamilton on no longer being a suck ass coach now that he has reached the holy benchmark of a Sweet 16 appearance that no one will ever remember.

Hamilton still sucks ass but I actually think they might make the Final Four. VCU's run is about to end, especially with their coach thinking he reinvented basketball. Also, I think FSU matches up well against Kansas.
ATLeagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 am

ATLeagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I would like to be the first to congratulate Leonard Hamilton on no longer being a suck ass coach now that he has reached the holy benchmark of a Sweet 16 appearance that no one will ever remember.

Hamilton still sucks ass but I actually think they might make the Final Four. VCU's run is about to end, especially with their coach thinking he reinvented basketball. Also, I think FSU matches up well against Kansas.

I was speaking tongue in cheek about the magical Sweet 16 benchmark for determining success around here. You and I actually probably agree in all regards on (a) Hamilton (b) the benchmark and (c) the guy who will not be named that didn't reach that benchmark enough for some.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby MilitantEagle on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:49 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

I was speaking tongue in cheek about the magical Sweet 16 benchmark for determining success around here. You and I actually probably agree in all regards on (a) Hamilton (b) the benchmark and (c) the guy who will not be named that didn't reach that benchmark enough for some.

:thehjs
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:20 pm

MilitantEagle {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ATLeagle {l Wrote}:

Ironing.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:33 pm

Sweet 16 may be an arbitrary benchmark, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he fucking sucked in the NCAA tourney. It's not arbitrary to say "he never beat a team with a higher seed in 13 years". It's also not arbitrary to say he only made it past the first weekend one fucking time. Define NCAA tourney success any fucking way you want....but there's no way you can possibly define it that would allow you to say Skinner was succesful in the NCAAs. So you can take your "arbitrary bechmark" shit and GFY.
Last edited by Eagledom on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:36 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Sweet 16 may be an arbitrary benchmark, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he fucking sucked in the NCAA tourney. It's not arbitrary to say "he never beat a team with a higher seed in 13 years". It's also not arbitrary to say he only made it past the first weekend one fucking time.

Well then kudos to you, Leonard Hamilton. In one weekend, you are no longer a moron that can't coach your way out of a paper bag!
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Eagledom on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:Sweet 16 may be an arbitrary benchmark, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he fucking sucked in the NCAA tourney. It's not arbitrary to say "he never beat a team with a higher seed in 13 years". It's also not arbitrary to say he only made it past the first weekend one fucking time.

Well then kudos to you, Leonard Hamilton. In one weekend, you are no longer a moron that can't coach your way out of a paper bag!

logic isn't your strong suit.
Eagledom
Merkert Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Insults aren't yours.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Cadillac90 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Sweet 16 may be an arbitrary benchmark, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he fucking sucked in the NCAA tourney. It's not arbitrary to say "he never beat a team with a higher seed in 13 years". It's also not arbitrary to say he only made it past the first weekend one fucking time. Define NCAA tourney success any fucking way you want....but there's no way you can possibly define it that would allow you to say Skinner was succesful in the NCAAs. So you can take your "arbitrary bechmark" shit and GFY.

Cadillac90
Cushing Hall

Postby cvilleagle on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:03 pm

The Big East is full of bitches and hoes.
cvilleagle
Devlin Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Hamilton's done an ACC-COY worthy job this year. No question. They've persevered and then some without Singleton at 100%.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby apbc12 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Eagledom {l Wrote}:Define NCAA tourney success any fucking way you want....but there's no way you can possibly define it that would allow you to say Skinner was succesful in the NCAAs.

NCAA tourney success is defined as participating in the NCAA tourney seven out of 13 years. Al Skinner is thus the most successful coach in the history of the NCAA tournament.

Boom, logic boxed.
apbc12
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:54 pm

I feel like OJ could tell us the sky is blue, and because he is the one saying it, we would refute.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby innocentbystander on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:08 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Insults aren't yours.

tw, you seem to be getting into it with everyone right now. perhaps you lost a case recently, and you would rather take your angst out on others, councilor?
Feminism: Eve eats ALL the apples, gives God the middle finder when He confronts her, and has the serpent serve Adam with an injunction ordering him to stay away from her AND to provide her food and shelter because he dragged her out of the Garden.
innocentbystander
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 am

BCEagles25 {l Wrote}:I feel like OJ could tell us the sky is blue, and because he is the one saying it, we would refute.

OJ would have no fucking idea the sky was ever blue.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby twballgame9 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 am

innocentbystander {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Eagledom {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

Insults aren't yours.

tw, you seem to be getting into it with everyone right now. perhaps you lost a case recently, and you would rather take your angst out on others, councilor?

When I am close to losing a case, I don't post much. Should say something about how often that happens.
twballgame9
BC Guy

Return to Conte Forum