Reggie is right - we got disrespected.

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Reggie is right - we got disrespected.

Postby mieagle88 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 pm

That has to be why we got smoked at home by a mediocre Northwestern team. We should have been in the big dance. I'm sure if we got the respect we deserved we would have been a shoe-in for at least the sweet 16.
mieagle88
n00b

Re: Reggie is right - we got disrespected.

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:58 pm

Two idiots... You and Reggie.. stuff a sock in it since VCU woulda smoked BC like the dogs most of them are and say a prayer Reggie just STFU and leaves. I am sick of that kid dogging my alma mater.

If he stays, I hope some hot shot hustling freshman or transfer beats him out and Reggie pouts and Stevie D. says

"Enjoy the NBA bench or d-league and

:74

BC got beat by a team so far off the NCAA radar Sarah Palin could see the Wildcats from her porch.

I guess Northwestern is what smarter???

White Lightning ?
Last edited by BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:02 pm

I'm pretty upset with Reggie Jackson, kid only plays when he wants to. I have a feeling that he and Donahue don't get along too well.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:35 pm

I think everyone is being a bit hard on a kid that was learning to be the go-to guy for the first time this season, in a brand new offense. I grant that he disappeared in some big games, but that happens.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby bcmurph on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:42 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think everyone is being a bit hard on a kid that was learning to be the go-to guy for the first time this season, in a brand new offense. I grant that he disappeared in some big games, but that happens.

I'll admit his body language has looked bad at times this season, but I agree...not only the go to guy but the go to guy while running the point...I hope he stays, Moton improves (a lot) and Daniels can give some minutes at the point next year...
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby MilitantEagle on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:37 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:I think everyone is being a bit hard on a kid that was learning to be the go-to guy for the first time this season, in a brand new offense. I grant that he disappeared in some big games, but that happens.

Even Huckaby and Meter called out his lack of effort today. It was bad.
MilitantEagle
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm

It turned out that Conte wasn't available for an NIT game today. It was being used by a 7-9 Big Ten team for a shoot around.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:16 pm

It turned out that Conte wasn't available for an NIT game today. It was being used by a 7-9 Big Ten team for a shoot around.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby h2o on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:37 pm

Reggie should STFU and learn to show up every time the gym is available.
h2o
Campion Hall

Postby angrychicken on Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:44 pm

If you shut down Reggie, you shut down this team. He had very little help besides Trapani, so that was the focus of opposing teams. You haters need to be punched in the face. He needs to come back. He's not ready for the NBA and BC would be a better team next year with him being eager to prove himself as a player at the next level. Tell me I am wrong.
angrychicken
Gasson Hall

Postby Ohioeagle on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 pm

angrychicken {l Wrote}:If you shut down Reggie, you shut down this team. He had very little help besides Trapani, so that was the focus of opposing teams. You haters need to be punched in the face. He needs to come back. He's not ready for the NBA and BC would be a better team next year with him being eager to prove himself as a player at the next level. Tell me I am wrong.

i cannot tell you so because you are correct. He will be back if he has any sense of reason.
Ohioeagle
Carney Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:11 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:It turned out that Conte wasn't available for an NIT game today. It was being used by a 7-9 Big Ten team for a shoot around.

Boom goes the dynamite.

+2
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:14 pm

Ohioeagle {l Wrote}:
angrychicken {l Wrote}:If you shut down Reggie, you shut down this team. He had very little help besides Trapani, so that was the focus of opposing teams. You haters need to be punched in the face. He needs to come back. He's not ready for the NBA and BC would be a better team next year with him being eager to prove himself as a player at the next level. Tell me I am wrong.

i cannot tell you so because you are correct. He will be back if he has any sense of reason.

The team is going to regress next year with or without Jackson unless Ryan Anderson is Jared Sullinger (he's not). Jackson's only purpose for coming back next year will be to improve his own draft stock. I'd prefer if his shitty attitude and alternating lazy effort/brilliant game didn't seep through to the new guys coming in.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:20 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
Ohioeagle {l Wrote}:

The team is going to regress next year with or without Jackson unless Ryan Anderson is Jared Sullinger (he's not). Jackson's only purpose for coming back next year will be to improve his own draft stock. I'd prefer if his shitty attitude and alternating lazy effort/brilliant game didn't seep through to the new guys coming in.

Perfect ED.

You never know who can step up, and after SD talks with Reggie, give him every second chance ........but as soon as he pulls this MIA shit....bench him...and then if he causes disruption like **** ******** -- sayonara...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:34 am

EagleDave {l Wrote}:
Ohioeagle {l Wrote}:

If this recruiting class is as good as most people think it is, this team will be the exact same, hopefully without the WTF losses. Ryan Anderson and Humphreys are going to step up into your Trapani and Raji roles.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby TheSuperPotato on Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:39 am

Ah yes, the classic "shit on your best player for everything that happens" tactic our fans love. Adapted from the masters, Philadelphia pro sports fans. Good stuff, guys.
TheSuperPotato
n00b

Postby joesim on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:23 am

you guys also gotta remember we ll have some competent big men out there. i mean lets face it corey raji is not a pf and thats what he played a lot this past season. I expect nxt year the rebounding to increase and i also expect the interior d to be betta

also southern is absolutely pathetic and could barely keep his balance out there
joesim
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:37 am

Ha. Ha. You guys are funny. I recall a few years ago when we had a star guard who was blamed for every loss and called "lazy". What happened when he left?
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby mieagle88 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 pm

I should have used red font. I thought everyone would detect the intended sarcasm. My point was that every time a BC player spouts off about lack of respect, we go out and show exactly why BC gets no respect. This happens in both hoop and football. Our hockey team gets all the respect they deserve because they win when the chips are down.
mieagle88
n00b

Postby BCEagles25 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:04 pm

I think we all noticed the sarcasm. At least, I hope so.
I like BC basketball.
BCEagles25
Higgins Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:06 pm

mieagle88 {l Wrote}:I should have used red font. I thought everyone would detect the intended sarcasm. My point was that every time a BC player spouts off about lack of respect, we go out and show exactly why BC gets no respect. This happens in both hoop and football. Our hockey team gets all the respect they deserve because they win when the chips are down.

My 8 year theme.. ANother HOF classic deposit.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Return to Conte Forum