BC-Northwestern...

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: BC-Northwestern...

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:23 am

Did I just see Tyler Roche in a suit on the bench?

Did I miss something?
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby branchinator on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:24 am

The same team that held UNC under 50 is going to give up 90 to Northwestern.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:26 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:The same team that held UNC under 50 is going to give up 90 to Northwestern.

It's the talent.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Art Vandelay on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
branchinator {l Wrote}:The same team that held UNC under 50 is going to give up 90 to Northwestern.

It's the talent.

thed talent is the same as its been all year. We have enough talent to beat Northwestern, but we do have to actually try. That said, we play a walk on 28 minutes a game so there is clearly not an abundance of talent here. Hence why we are playing in the NIT.
Art Vandelay
McGuinn Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am

jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:Did I just see Tyler Roche in a suit on the bench?

Did I miss something?

the entire season apparently.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:30 am

Art Vandelay {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:

It's the talent.

thed talent is the same as its been all year. We have enough talent to beat Northwestern, but we do have to actually try. That said, we play a walk on 28 minutes a game so there is clearly not an abundance of talent here. Hence why we are playing in the NIT.

No, no, when they play like shit, the talent sucks. I read it here.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby Dirtywater on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:31 am

branchinator {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater {l Wrote}:Jackson needs to rise to the occasion here pretty soon. Beginning to wonder if his game is on only in meaningless games or against weak competition.

Northwestern IS weak competition. This team sucks.

Good point.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby jrlbc06 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:31 am

pick6pedro {l Wrote}:
jrlbc06 {l Wrote}:Did I just see Tyler Roche in a suit on the bench?

Did I miss something?

the entire season apparently.

Wow I guess I'm just not paying attention.
jrlbc06
Carney Hall

Postby DallasEire on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:33 am

BC is a dumb team. I think the overall consideration on this senior class is that they have a pathetic basketball IQ collectively. They get their balls kicked in by Ivy League type teams because they are not smart enough to compete.

This is a fitting end to a very frustrating class of seniors- all could be decent role players if they had a hint of mental toughness and basketball intellect.... shame
DallasEire
n00b

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:40 am

TO: REGGIE JACKSON
RE: SENIOR YEAR AT BC

Dear Reggie,

You are the greatest and will be a lottery pick point guard and swing man. Please get an agent ASAP.

Thanks for the memories.

Enjoy the NBA!

:74
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby WhiskeyEagle on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:51 am

Getting consistently burned on the back door cuts, failure to coordinate switching on screens and not getting in the face of anyone behind the 3 point arc for the ENTIRE game after getting lit up is just awful. That is just hustle/ giving a damn. That said, as many others have expressed throughout the season, I feel bad for Trapani.

Lets get this new class of Freshmen in and move on.
WhiskeyEagle
n00b

Postby bcmurph on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:52 am

Anyone else think Trap kinda brushed off Reggie when he came to the bench at the end of the game?
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:54 am

No. Last Name Name eligibility Class Position Height Ht. Wt. High School Hometown
00 jackson reggie Reggie Jackson 5 JR Guard 75 6-3 208 Palmer Colorado Springs, CO

GRADE B

--Still no defensive intensity. Disappears too often. Can't step up consistently. I hope he goes PRO and the program is rebuilt without this probable headcase who is now perfect for the NBA headcases.

5 paris biko Biko Paris 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 194 Cypress Christian (TX) New Orleans, LA -- C-
11 raji corey Corey Raji 7 SR Forward 78 6-6 218 Westwood Washington Twnshp, NJ --- C+
12 trapani joe Joe Trapani 7 SR Forward 80 6-8 232 Daniel Hand Madison, CT ---- B+
14 mosakowski nick Nick Mosakowski 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 187 Pingree School Swampscott, MA ---Incomplete/N/A
20 cahill john John Cahill 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 170 Christian Brothers Acad. Albany, NY --- Incomplete --SR Yr. A+
24 kowalski chris Chris Kowalski 7 SR Forward 78 6-6 240 Roxbury Latin Dorchester, Mass. --Incomplete --N/A
52 southern josh Josh Southern 7 SR Center 82 6-10 263 Saginaw Saginaw, MI -- C
55 dunn cortney Cortney Dunn 7 SR Forward 80 6-8 238 Lake Highlands Dallas, TX -- D-
***********************************************************************************************************

25 rehnquist peter Peter Rehnquist 5 JR Guard/Forward 76 6-4 210 Deerfield Academy Sharon, MA ---Incomplete/N/A
30 elmore dallas Dallas Elmore 5 JR Guard 77 6-5 210 Poudre Fort Collins, CO --- D
31 rubin danny Danny Rubin 1 FR Guard 78 6-6 170 Landon School Chevy Chase, MD -- C-
4 moton gabriel Gabriel Moton 1 FR Guard 74 6-2 170 St. Petersburg St. Petersburg, FL -- - C-
15 humphrey matt Matt Humphrey 5 JR Guard 77 6-5 185 Hales Franciscan Chicago, IL ---Incomplete/N/A

Just think--Trapani transferred in and this was one, motley crew.

BC is thinner than prison camp soup.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:59 am

bcmurph {l Wrote}:Anyone else think Trap kinda brushed off Reggie when he came to the bench at the end of the game?

I hope so. I hope Reggie goes pro. I hope he is the first player to announce in College today.

His leadership skills are SHIT!

What do you think would happen if the entire team saw him in some kids face on the perimeter and playing super 40 minutes of hell.

Eire said it right -- One year of teaching by SD does not erase 3 years of being in poor shape and bad bad lazy habits taught by Lazy Elvis.

I want Reggie gone and a whole new team. Reggie as a Senior can't be relied upon. You saw that here today.

I despise quitters.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:03 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
Dirtywater {l Wrote}:Pathetic and putrid. I have never seen a BC team fold so easily as this team. Talent not there folks. We need a fucking miracle here.

I love this one. The minute the team (and Reggie) plays like shit, "the talent is not there." Like clockwork.

The minute the team? There weren't minutes this year when this team played like shit - there were hours upon hours with some minutes of very good play. The fact that this team should have done better because of your belief in their inherent physical talent (but failed because they were psychologically fragile to defensive pressure or some other reason) is irrelevant. The only "clockwork" here was this team's ability to roll it up and fold in important games.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Northwestern licked their chops....

15-36 -- -42% --since they knew BC played shit perimeter defense --all 4 years.

45 fcking points.

34-62 -- 55% ---- AND 58% were 3 ball shots.... The Wildcats knew BC was the Golden Matadors.

Rebounds 27-13 -- -Are you kidding me that is NO FUCKING EFFORT!

9 Offensive to 2.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:20 cahill john John Cahill 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 170 Christian Brothers Acad. Albany, NY --- Incomplete --SR Yr. A+
***********************************************************************************************************

Could Cahill go to graduate school and play since this was his first playing time year?

Let me be the first to go on the record, I hope he can come back and go to Grad School.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:
BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:20 cahill john John Cahill 7 SR Guard 73 6-1 170 Christian Brothers Acad. Albany, NY --- Incomplete --SR Yr. A+

Could Cahill go to graduate school and play since this was his first playing time year?

Let me be the first to go on the record, I hope he can come back and go to Grad School.

Yup, he can come back. Of course, Reggie probably wouldn't appreciate having someone who tries every game on his team.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby EagleDave on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 pm

Pathetic, yet fitting end for the seniors on the team. Good riddance.

I shudder to think of how bad they'd be without him next year, but I think Reggie needs to go too. There were times today where I was sure he was either hung over or still drunk. I don't think I want him hanging around the incoming freshman for next season and poisoning them with his piss poor effort. It's not like they'll make the tournament anyway. In fact there's recent precedent to establish that not only will they not make the tournament, they'll be lucky to finish .500 (see: Tyrese's junior year). If Reggie has even an inkling to go to the NBA, he should do it, and Stevie D. ought to pack his bags for him.

Donahue also gets some of the blame for this one. Does anyone remember the Yale game where he said he'd no longer tolerate those types of efforts? 35 minutes for Reggie today, indicates that he was more than willing to put up with it on the off chance he sobered up long enough to stop turning the ball over.

I'm glad that this era of BC basketball has mercifully come to an end. Now we'll find out what the Don is really made of, and hopefully we'll get back to actually being able to watch these teams and liking the players...
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby Shredder on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Very fitting that all the troubles this class had in its four years came out again in its last game. Every three-point shooter looks like Ray Allen shooting uncontested threes against BC. How a team loaded with seniors and an ACC first-teamer couldn't figure out how to defend a team that most of the Big Ten knew how to handle would be beyond me but after seeing these guys since they were freshmen, it all made sense. Of course that also falls on the coach, but here, even if the Don had a good plan to play NWU, it's still hard to teach old dogs new tricks: such as defense, rebounding, finishing at the rim, showing up...
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:26 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:Pathetic, yet fitting end for the seniors on the team. Good riddance.

I shudder to think of how bad they'd be without him next year, but I think Reggie needs to go too. There were times today where I was sure he was either hung over or still drunk. I don't think I want him hanging around the incoming freshman for next season and poisoning them with his piss poor effort. It's not like they'll make the tournament anyway. In fact there's recent precedent to establish that not only will they not make the tournament, they'll be lucky to finish .500 (see: Tyrese's junior year). If Reggie has even an inkling to go to the NBA, he should do it, and Stevie D. ought to pack his bags for him.

Donahue also gets some of the blame for this one. WTF can he really do, he inherited a pile of shit? Does anyone remember the Yale game where he said he'd no longer tolerate those types of efforts? 35 minutes for Reggie today, indicates that he was more than willing to put up with it on the off chance he sobered up long enough to stop turning the ball over.

I'm glad that this era of BC basketball has mercifully come to an end. Now we'll find out what the Don is really made of, and hopefully we'll get back to actually being able to watch these teams and liking the players...

Now in the HOF treasured column!

:kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :kudos :bowdown :bowdown

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:29 pm

Shredder {l Wrote}:Very fitting that all the troubles this class had in its four years came out again in its last game. Every three-point shooter looks like Ray Allen shooting uncontested threes against BC. How a team loaded with seniors and an ACC first-teamer couldn't figure out how to defend a team that most of the Big Ten knew how to handle would be beyond me but after seeing these guys since they were freshmen, it all made sense. Of course that also falls on the coach, but here, even if the Don had a good plan to play NWU, it's still hard to teach old dogs new tricks: such as defense, rebounding, finishing at the rim, showing up...

Also in the HOF... the Ray Allen line ruined my keyboard.

The last line was the bomb... and 5 slow white guys...or more...

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby Dirtywater on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:41 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:Northwestern licked their chops....

15-36 -- -42% --since they knew BC played shit perimeter defense --all 4 years.

45 fcking points.

34-62 -- 55% ---- AND 58% were 3 ball shots.... The Wildcats knew BC was the Golden Matadors.

Rebounds 27-13 -- -Are you kidding me that is NO FUCKING EFFORT!

9 Offensive to 2.

Although he has another season to prove himself, Jackson is probably even with Rice at the bottom of the clutch department in big games versus Dudley (w/o Smith) Bagley, Curley, Barros, Bell and Rice.
Dirtywater
McGuinn Hall

Postby mloyko on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 pm

I for one and relieved that finally this pathetic class of players Al Skinner brought in is gone. They have run their course through the program and left it in much worse shape than when they came in. Someone already said it on here but the collective basketball IQ of this team is pathetic and their ability to "get up" and play was sad. Time for donahue to bring in his guys and rebuild this program. One thing is for sure.. next year is going to SUCK
mloyko
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:01 pm

I'm so happy to get rid of this senior class. Everyone except Joe Trapani has been a complete disapointment. As awful as Reggie Jackson was today, we won't win 10 total games without him next season.

That meltdown against Clemson in Greensboro was enough for me, I could've done without this NIT mess.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby gamer5252 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:06 pm

Could not agree more...This senior class had such a sense of entitlement from the time they arrived on campus! A couple of them abolutely robbed bc in terms of scholarship money without a sense of responsibility. Im not so sure they haven't rubbed off on Reggie. At no point this season or the past 4 was there any sense of urgency (certainly on the defensive end). They could have cared less with the exception of a couple. I can't wait for this pathetic group to give back there uniforms to Coach Donahue and hopefully it will become a privilege again to play BC basketball. I cant wait to watch next year's team and finally Skinner's apathy towards the program for four years will be gone!!!! What a disgrace!!!
gamer5252
n00b

Postby Shredder on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:09 pm

Declaring for the draft wouldn't be a wise move for Reggie with the impending lockout, but it probably would be better for BC. It frees up another scholarship (although it probably shouldn't be used until after next year anyway) but also allows the Don to start this new class in his system rather than build the team around Reggie. I hope he comes back so he can help BC and also wind up with a better pro career than if he leaves now. But if he's set on leaving, I won't be too upset either.
Shredder
McGuinn Hall

Postby BCEagle74 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:12 pm

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:TO: REGGIE JACKSON
RE: SENIOR YEAR AT BC

Dear Reggie,

You are the greatest and will be a lottery pick point guard and swing man. Please get an agent ASAP.

Thanks for the memories.

Enjoy the NBA!

:74

Reminds me of the great line by overachiever and hustler Lee Mazzilli to Darryl Strawberry, ----who is now thankfully cleaned up and preaching the gospel with his wife in Florida and all over and was in Dallas yesterday ----

Paraphrasing....

"You have more talent in your pinky than I have in my whole body and you don't even try and could hit 40 homers blindfolded, so why don't you get yourself straightened out and wake up!"

Nothing worse than wasted talent whether God-given or not.

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby branchinator on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm

eepstein0 {l Wrote}:I'm so happy to get rid of this senior class. Everyone except Joe Trapani has been a complete disapointment. As awful as Reggie Jackson was today, we won't win 10 total games without him next season.

That meltdown against Clemson in Greensboro was enough for me, I could've done without this NIT mess.

I wouldn't call Raji a complete disappointment. He had a solid career. Problem is that he has always been a role player and this year we needed more than that from him, which was something he physically couldn't provide.
branchinator
Cushing Hall

Postby BCFAN94 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:13 pm

DallasEire {l Wrote}:BC is a dumb team. I think the overall consideration on this senior class is that they have a pathetic basketball IQ collectively. They get their balls kicked in by Ivy League type teams because they are not smart enough to compete.

This is a fitting end to a very frustrating class of seniors- all could be decent role players if they had a hint of mental toughness and basketball intellect.... shame

This is very telling and spot on.
BCFAN94
Campion Hall

PreviousNext

Return to Conte Forum