NCAA Tournament Day1

Forum rules
"The opinions expressed on this board are property of the poster and do not reflect the opinion of EagleOutsider, Boston College or Boston College Athletics"

Re: NCAA Tournament Day1

Postby BCEagle74 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:52 pm

My brackets done blowed up.
FALL 2011 WILL BE THE BEST EVER FOR BC SPORTS AT THE HEIGHTS!

Rettigun leading our Football team to 14-0 and a Title!

The Hoops Freshman starting a new Legacy!
The Icemen returneth for another shot at Title 5!

GO EAGLES!
BCEagle74
Fulton Hall

Postby bcmurph on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Mich St. Suckitude knows no bounds that half....
"Stay with this young team - there are great days ahead." Coach Donahue tweet 2/19/2012 -
bcmurph
McGuinn Hall

Postby EagleDave on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 pm

I realize that some of the games have been dramatic and whatnot, but the quality of play has been appalling today. Too many bad teams playing too many mediocre teams, furthering the reality that this tournament field is terrible.
Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
EagleDave
Merkert Hall

Postby BC923 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

EagleDave {l Wrote}:I realize that some of the games have been dramatic and whatnot, but the quality of play has been appalling today. Too many bad teams playing too many mediocre teams, furthering the reality that this tournament field is terrible.

one of the worst fields ever, but if you can appreciate the comedy of it, it makes this tournament fairly entertaining.
BC923
Merkert Hall

Postby wildcat81 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:06 am

If one or two mid-majors make it into the sweet sixteen or elite eight it make the selection committee look like geniuses.

Michigan St. 15 losses?
wildcat81
Carney Hall

Postby eepstein0 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 am

BCEagle74 {l Wrote}:My brackets done blowed up.

Utah St Sweet 16
Louisville Sweet 16

I went 8-8 and lost both those teams. 8-8 is not going to cut it.
eepstein0
Gasson Hall

Postby weinerdog on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 am

wildcat81 {l Wrote}:If one or two mid-majors make it into the sweet sixteen or elite eight it make the selection committee look like geniuses.

Michigan St. 15 losses?

Of course a mid-major or two will make it, that pretty much always happens, but it looks to me like the insanity that went into their selections went AGAINST the mid majors. Half a dozen 13- or 14-loss teams from major conferences got in, while the likes of St. Mary's and Hahvuhd got snubbed in addition to the VTs and BCs. Both of those playing yesterday lost, and I fully expect only one of them will win today--that being because a pair of them square off against each other.
"...and, more importantly, me."
--Gene DeFilippo, January 7, 2009.
weinerdog
McGuinn Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:51 am

ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That's why I hate statistics. I can turn on the TV and watch SDSU and compare them to a team like Wisconsin or Louisville right behind them and see the difference. It is obvious.

Beating shitty teams?

FIRE AL PITINO!
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Postby commavegarage on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:That's why I hate statistics. I can turn on the TV and watch SDSU and compare them to a team like Wisconsin or Louisville right behind them and see the difference. It is obvious.

Beating shitty teams?

FIRE AL PITINO!

I love how you say that as if Pitino hasn't made 5 final fours. BUT THAT'S AN ARBITRARY LINE!

Thanks for the tip on St. John's btw. Gonzaga made me a lot of money last night.
hey huerta if you readin this dont tell jimmy **** that i put xlax in teh chuck wagons...lol
commavegarage
Devlin Hall

Postby pick6pedro on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:34 pm

DavidGordonsFoot {l Wrote}:
pick6pedro {l Wrote}:It's 902 on Comcast Boston.

I'll be at a bar within a couple hours.

Let us know if St. Patrick's Day adds to the enjoyment or takes away from it. One of the reasons I didn't take today off is because I didn't want to deal with the St. Paddy's crowd and music when I am trying to pay attention to something (I am rapidly becoming whalepants, huh?).

Overall I think it added, but that's because I wasn't in an obnoxiously crowded bar and the bagpiper playing every once in a while was the only music that drowned out the game sound. I was satisfied with my choice and had a good time. The yahoos on the T actually pissed me off more than anything that happened at the bar. And there was sufficient :skank there to keep me interested during hoop downtime.
pick6pedro
Fulton Hall

Postby twballgame9 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:58 pm

commavegarage {l Wrote}:
twballgame9 {l Wrote}:
ryrob {l Wrote}:

Beating shitty teams?

FIRE AL PITINO!

I love how you say that as if Pitino hasn't made 5 final fours. BUT THAT'S AN ARBITRARY LINE!

Thanks for the tip on St. John's btw. Gonzaga made me a lot of money last night.

Me too. Have em in the S16.
"We remind everyone that Boston College fired a perfectly good coach because he went on a job interview, and deserves all of this." Spencer Hall
twballgame9
BC Guy

Previous

Return to Conte Forum